Home
Posted By: VaHunter Low Carb Diet and Light Beer - 08/01/23
I have been on a low carb diet for a few months now, needed to lose a few pounds. Thought I would try and new light beer that is being advertised "Modelos Oro" which has 90cal and 3.0g carbs.

Don't waste your money, that stuff is water.
I tried it too

As much as I like Modelo Especial or Negra Modelo, that Oro was fugkin awful
Posted By: gunzo Re: Low Carb Diet and Light Beer - 08/01/23
Mich ultra prob next best in low numbers but too much water for me. Miller Light or Yuengling Flight maybe next.

Tough friggen gig for the overweights. A friend giving up all carbs so he can drink beer. Eats a cheeseburger with no cheese or no bread. JFC.

After BL fiasco my fave so far, PBR. Not good numbers for a portly man that liked 6 or 8 a day. Really bad for a 10-12 beer social gathering.
coors light
Shiner Light Blonde
I am reminded of the joke about having sex in a canoe.

The hardest part for me doing low carb is beer...I love beer. Everything about it. So, I drink beer like once a month, once every two months, usually when I am taking a break and just drink what I want (ipa, stout, etc.).

In the meantime, it is all about the whiskey.
Most flavor I've seen in low carb beer is Lagunitas.

Lotsa choices, too.
5 carbs per light beer...Zero carbs hard liquor...👍
Originally Posted by Salmonella

Yeah, vodka & Fresca now, zero& zero. Refreshing.

But dang it, the hard liq can sure sneak up & get a hold iffin ya don't keep a close eye on it.
Flavor has a cost I see, big time.

I really like Modelo Negra. 5.54% alc. 15g carbs & 173 calories....Yee Haaaah.

But noooo, A local micro brew, Alltech Brewing Co's Kentucky Coffee barrel stout. 8% alc. 20g carbs & 192 fatboy lovin calories. Flavor? Ya better believe it! Aint no free lunch.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by Salmonella

Yup, if you're trying to go low carb just skip the beer and switch to whiskey (or preferably whisky). Any beer that's "low carb" isn't worth drinking.
That Coffee Barrel Stout looks amazing! Yuengling Flight is decent for low carb option. I love beer, but am greatly limiting my consumption since starting on a weigh loss journey. Down 90 pounds since the middle of March. Feels better than a beer tastes......
Originally Posted by Chumleyhunts
That Coffee Barrel Stout looks amazing! Yuengling Flight is decent for low carb option. I love beer, but am greatly limiting my consumption since starting on a weigh loss journey. Down 90 pounds since the middle of March. Feels better than a beer tastes......

Words to pay attention to,,,,, big time.

But are you sure?
Originally Posted by Chumleyhunts
I love beer, but am greatly limiting my consumption since starting on a weigh loss journey. Down 90 pounds since the middle of March. Feels better than a beer tastes......
Beer is the Diet Killer. Switch to liquor or liquor and diet mixer.
Been getting by on Bar S and Bud Light.
How are the Cattle doing Sam?
I switched from Ultra to Coors lite, gained 10 pounds. Switched to Corona Premium and gained another 5.

Stoped drinking today, got to loose weight and never been able to drop weight drinking beer.
I’ve got one word for you.

White Claw

🤓
Originally Posted by Tide_Change
I’ve got one word for you.

White Claw

🤓

That schit will make you stop drinking. It’s awful.
ZIMA!!!!!
The Campfire Special - A Bud Light laced with laxatives.
Water is best
Just drink a few real beers and go for a 30 mile bicycle ride, on a two lane highway.

Do it at the same time if that pleases ya' .

Get buzzed and pizz people off at the same time.

What a bargain, eh?
Light beer is crap. Just drink fewer real beers or switch to whiskey.
I enjoy a beer or three after a hunt at camp with the guys or a few on a rainy afternoon when sitting on the camp porch seems
Like a better option than hunting. I was an Ultra drinker prior to the bud light screw up. Ultra worked for my taste buds and I could resupply anywhere I was on my travels.

I tried Flight, not for me. In fact prior to Ultra I had tried a lot of light beers. None really tasted good to me.

I’m a Shiner Bock fan and really like it. They sell it here in SWFL but you cant find it in the other places I go. So I have to stock up before trips. I take long trips. Sometimes up to 3 weeks. Thats a lot of beer to haul along. I like bourbon but not all that interested in drinking whiskey in the afternoon.

I will probably just drink and enjoy the Shiner Bock and suffer the carbs but limit my beer drinking and get on bourbon at happy hour after my hunts.
Originally Posted by mathman
Light beer is crap. Just drink fewer real beers or switch to whiskey.
This is about where I am heading.
Have you tried any of the 'light' IPA's?

EveryDay IPA
All Day IPA

If I'm day drinking[summer] like kayak/fishing or working on land around house where more than 1-2 will be consumed the above are my go to.
I've enjoyed Founder's All Day IPA. In my estimation it'll be a bit much for folks who actually like light beer.
If I was not worried about my weight, I would be drinking craft IPAs, lagers and Pilsners and German Octoberfest and Lagers/Pils. For light beers, I agree that Lagunitas Daytime is OK, and there are some other light IPAs that are drinkable - better than Ultra to me. I also like Yeungling Flight ok. I have gotten some of those carbonated Hop beverages - 0 carbs, 0 alcohol, 0 calories, and mixed with lower calorie IPAs to make less go further. Not bad. But any beer on a keto diet really slows down the weight loss in my experience.
I like Founders AD IPA because it's pretty good, and low in alcohol. But it has 12 carbs and 147 calories. Not Keto.
Ask yourself how did previous generations not get fat as fuqk drinking full carb beer.

Not that I care one way or another.
When i drink beer at a restaurant/bar its usually mich ultra......at home usually busch lite......

But i did buy a variey pack of white claw just so i could criticize in good faith..........

Not my cup of tea......tolerable, but kinda girlie.....

I drink more bourbon n water than i should...
Originally Posted by SCgman1
When i drink beer at a restaurant/bar its usually mich ultra......at home usually busch lite......

But i did buy a variey pack of white claw just so i could criticize in good faith..........

Not my cup of tea......tolerable, but kinda girlie.....

I drink more bourbon n water than i should...

Quite an admission to make in public. grin
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you are on a serious weight loss program you have to stop drinking, period. Anything with alcohol is loaded with "empty" calories.

Water. Or club soda with lemon juice if you simply must have bubbles. La Croix soda is basically that.
A case of beer a day didn't help my weight lol.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you are on a serious weight loss program you have to stop drinking, period. Anything with alcohol is loaded with "empty" calories.

Water. Or club soda with lemon juice if you simply must have bubbles. La Croix soda is basically that.

True that. You can't outwork a bad diet. I have a weakness for red wine, but I don't know anyone, including me that wouldn't be healthier without alcohol.
Originally Posted by RHClark
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

True that. You can't outwork a bad diet. I have a weakness for red wine, but I don't know anyone, including me that wouldn't be healthier without alcohol.

I quit alcohol on May 8th of this year. I had an Atrial fibrillation episode and in the follow up testing etc, the cardiologists determined that it was triggered by alcohol. They told me that if I gave up alcohol I’d probably never have another episode. I did. I’m a guy who loves wine, beer and all manner of distilled spirits. It was a rare day when I didn’t have any alcohol, probably 3 or 4 times a month. I had been chipping away at my weight for a few months already. Quitting alcohol helped a lot. I’m 6’ tall and now down to 180 from a high of 225 several months ago. I sleep better, no more snoring, and I’m saving the approximately $500/month I spent on wine, beer and distilled spirits. I drink the fake beers now, maybe one a day, and I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how good they are. Better, actually, than any lite beer I’ve ever tried, with the added benefit of no alcohol.
I've enjoyed Founder's All Day IPA. In my estimation it'll be a bit much for folks who actually like light beer.

You mean, like that gay [bleep], Jeff0 ?
IPAs are for bearded hipster homosexuals.

Light beers have their place. It’s 106 outside right now. If I’m having a beer, it’s going to be an ice cold light beer or a Mexican beer with a lime. Anything else will literally make you feel sick.
Originally Posted by JoeBob

Light beers have their place. It’s 106 outside right now. If I’m having a beer, it’s going to be an ice cold light beer or a Mexican beer with a lime. Anything else will literally make you feel sick.

Bullshit. I was drinking IPA when few people knew what it was, and before most bearded hipsters (homo or not) were born. It isn't my choice for very hot weather either.

I also call bullshit on anything but light beer or Mexican beer making you feel sick on a really hot day.. If that were true I would have been sick as a dog from the Yuengling Premium, Paulaner Munchner Lager and Spaten Premium I was knocking down all Sunday afternoon.
Originally Posted by JoeBob

Bullshit. I was drinking IPA when few people knew what it was, and before most bearded hipsters (homo or not) were born. It isn't my choice for very hot weather either.

I also call bullshit on anything but light beer or Mexican beer making you feel sick on a really hot day.. If that were true I would have been sick as a dog from the Yuengling Premium, Paulaner Munchner Lager and Spaten Premium I was knocking down all Sunday afternoon.

IPA drinkers always respond that they aren’t homos. The world knows differently.
That's just light beer lovers projecting their proclivities. grin
Light beer is for f a g g o t s.
Yep, Jeff0, is a poof !!!
© 24hourcampfire