Home
2.19 a gallon, that’s a good price right? What’s it in your area?
Filled ours in June, $1.99/gal.
$1.97 and $0.30 off per gallon if paid in 10 days
I just thought there was some pricing last couple of weeks in high2 dollars, real close to 3 dollars. I was hoping prices were coming down everywhere, yes we get some kind of discount for quick pay too.
Buck ninety five here. Probably won't get much lower.
Just contracted 400 gallon for winter use at $1.83. Topped off the tank at a bit less than that
Too much here. Double your price.
Wow, chits cheap wherever the hell you guys are. I just ordered and got the "summer fill special" at $299 gallon. Its currently almost $5 a gallon without the sale
Was quoted $1.649 this morning here in SE Idaho.
I'm not buying in large volume, but it's $1/lb here to fill 20-30 lb bottles. Guess that works out to $4.20/gal...
1.50/gal in sw mo just 2 weeks ago. .50c/gal cheaper than last year.
$1.83/gallon last week. Pre purchased our winter usage at that rate as well.
Originally Posted by Angus55
2.19 a gallon, that’s a good price right? What’s it in your area?

$3.49
$1.61 until sep 8.

Amerigas if they're in your area promo code "bye2summer"
Topped off my two 500 gallon tanks last week. I got almost 300 gallons @ $2.73/gal. Good thing I only have to do that once every three years.
Originally Posted by muleshoe

I just called in an order for my two 500’s, didn’t ask for the price, hope it’s about that!
Prices mostly under 2.00$ , few more, I’m wondering how much that has to do with delivering co. , I will start calling around, and ask about deals too, trouble is who has best trucks that can drive in mud and snow too.
I bought 400 gallons on June 22nd for $3.32/gal.
$3.29 at Tractor Supply here.
around 1.95 in my area, and 20 cent discount if you pay the day the truck fills your tank. i have a 1000 gal tank and fill it once a year, almost always in september.
Got the note in the mail from Amerigas today also, at the $1.61 until Sept. I will wait until Sept and check the competition, then order a fill. This was my intent to start with. We are supposed to have a worse winter than last year.
Contracted at $1.68
Originally Posted by Rapier
We are supposed to have a worse winter than last year.

Originally Posted by Dutch

I just called in an order for my two 500’s, didn’t ask for the price, hope it’s about that!

Valley Wide in Preston.

It’s surprising there’s so much difference in prices across the country, even the state. Also today ordered propane for our north Idaho cabin, $2.39.
Originally Posted by Dutch

Valley Wide in Preston.

It’s surprising there’s so much difference in prices across the country, even the state. Also today ordered propane for our north Idaho cabin, $2.39.

Valley wide out of Soda here. Should be pretty close.
1.58 for 800 gallons today
$1.89 about three weeks ago. $2.39 if you wanted to lock in the price for the winter minimum 600 gallons
you guys ever have a propane tank loosen that shut off valve on its own?

bought a 100lb tank last year, set it up and left it alone, about a month ago my daughter and I was working near it and kept smelling that tell tale smell, finally checked the tank and the valve was slightly unscrewed. I'm certain no one touched it. no telling how much I lost. That is my emergency tank for the generator so I guess I will have need to get it looked at before winter.
Loosen itself or just a leaky valve?
yea I don't know - it was definitely loose when I looked at it. The tank was brand new when I bought it

Just wondering it hot/cold of summer and winter might have loosened it up slightly
Originally Posted by Rapier
Got the note in the mail from Amerigas today also, at the $1.61 until Sept. I will wait until Sept and check the competition, then order a fill. This was my intent to start with. We are supposed to have a worse winter than last year.
Yeah, in NW Florida, it's bound to be brutal. Especially in the mountains. wink GD
Where does one buy a 500 gallon tank? With reasonable distance and delivery cost to north Louisiana? My propane company as yet has not responded to my request for a purchase or rental price. I prefer to buy rather than lease. If you lease a tank it ties you to one company and there are serious penalties for another company if they dare fill it.

I now have a 150 which could be a problem with a prolonged power outage. Southern LP gas was the supplier and I rent their tank. They were really good about keeping us filled in the last long outage. Now they have become Pinnacle and it is a bit of an issue to get filled on short notice. Has to be ordered online and if you see the driver filling a tank in the neighborhood he can't come over and top you off without an order.
Originally Posted by Hastings
Where does one buy a 500 gallon tank? With reasonable distance and delivery cost to north Louisiana? My propane company as yet has not responded to my request for a purchase or rental price. I prefer to buy rather than lease. If you lease a tank it ties you to one company and there are serious penalties for another company if they dare fill it.

I now have a 150 which could be a problem with a prolonged power outage. Southern LP gas was the supplier and I rent their tank. They were really good about keeping us filled in the last long outage. Now they have become Pinnacle and it is a bit of an issue to get filled on short notice. Has to be ordered online and if you see the driver filling a tank in the neighborhood he can't come over and top you off without an order.
Disregard the above. Pinnacle just called and told me my tank was a 250.I checked and it is. I thought my 22KW generator was running an awfully long time on 150 gallons. I'll just keep what I have.
$1.39 for summer fill. $1.59 for contract price. I use about 2000 gallons a year to heat my house and welding shop.
Originally Posted by White_Bear
$1.39 for summer fill. $1.59 for contract price. I use about 2000 gallons a year to heat my house and welding shop.
NW Minnesota is probably colder than Alaska some days. Montana often is. One day in the past which I can't recall the date north Louisiana was colder than Anchorage.
We just ordered 600 gallons……$2.25/gal. Not cheap…..but acceptable! memtb
Just locked my contract in yesterday 500 gal for $ 1.60/gal

Great Western Gas.. Burwell Ne

Disregard the above. Pinnacle just called and told me my tank was a 250.I checked and it is. I thought my 22KW generator was running an awfully long time on 150 gallons. I'll just keep what I have.

I have an upcoming generator install and am considering a 500 gal tank. What is your actual consumption when on the generator?
EDM, when power goes off and is continuously on, my Generac 20-K on a 250 tank will run about 4-1/2 days, but you half to turn them off and let cool down and check oil, which will give you a little more time, snow storms are the worst because you never know how long to get power back on, if snow is really deep and temperatures low, I’m calling propane people to get out here and getting tractor’s running to push snow or pull propane delivery truck. Fun times .
You guys do know that they will only fill your tanks to 80% eh?
Propane man offered to fill today for 1.47.

I have to move my tanks first so I declined. It's a good price for all of August though.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
© 24hourcampfire