Home
Posted By: Seafire 115 degrees - 08/14/23
Predicted High here in the Rogue Valley in Southern Oregon tomorrow...

113 on Tuesday and 112 on Wednesday...

wonder how the folks in Phoenix and L.A. will be doing.

They are talking of highs at 110 or over, thru Friday... but then once again, weather people like the rest of news people LOVE to use the power of the shock factor, and delight in the attention they get by the people who's lives revolve around their
every word.

Heck was out working on the truck and a trailer today. The high was 105 degrees. Never really noticed except when they were talking about it on the radio. Guess I'll drop into the pool once or twice to cool down .or go in under a cold shower.

as long as they don't pull brown outs and folks will have to do without A/C. don't think this area is targeted yet by the leftists, and blaming it on 'Climate change"....

You guys east of here in Montana and the Upper Midwest... you should see all of this in a day or two...but probably not this high.. Might take some time off and go over to the coast where it will be a lot cooler...probably low to mid 80s.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: 115 degrees - 08/14/23
Glad I don't have to come over the Cascades this week then, John.

Official high at the airport today was 95F. 97* on our patio thermometer before the sun swung around enough to beam directly under the shade cover and throw things way off.

I've acclimated to the other three seasons here I think. 95* used to be a very tolerable temp when living in SoCal and the deserts of AZ/NV. Now I like a nice 40*-50* sunny day and call that t shirt weather.

I was out watering gardens at 95* this evening and wasn't too fond of the the temp.
Posted By: poboy Re: 115 degrees - 08/14/23
When you're hot, yer' hot! 104-106 are pretty normal August
temps here. The problem is it started in June.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: 115 degrees - 08/14/23
The Lookout fire on 126 near Blue River generated a Go Now order last night around 10:30. The south Willamette Valley is full of smoke.

Not a good time for triple digit heat.

P
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: 115 degrees - 08/14/23
Originally Posted by poboy

Same here Mike. We’re now into 40 days of over 100 degrees. Most days it’s 105 or 106.
Last 4 days in a row have broken all time records at 109 for each day.

Supposed to be a cold front come through today with a high of only ………………….. 96 degrees. 🤪
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: 115 degrees - 08/14/23
119 today, "only" 117 tomorrow.
Posted By: rainshot Re: 115 degrees - 08/14/23
Think Snow.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: 115 degrees - 08/14/23
Nothing new! I was flying in 105F temps 40 fuggin years ago! It's AUGUST and been getting HOT down here for eons of time!!
Posted By: Riverc Re: 115 degrees - 08/14/23
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by poboy

Same here Mike. We’re now into 40 days of over 100 degrees. Most days it’s 105 or 106.
Last 4 days in a row have broken all time records at 109 for each day.

Supposed to be a cold front come through today with a high of only ………………….. 96 degrees. 🤪
Reminds me of the Summer 2011 I was living in my Rv working at El Dorado SP in Kansas was over 40 straight days of 100 degree plus days.
Down here in south Louisiana we getting some 100 degree days sweat sitting the shade with the high dew points & humidity.
Posted By: JPro Re: 115 degrees - 08/14/23
I generally say we just have to survive July and August here, and if we can make it to mid-September we are back in bearable temperatures. Our cabin-fever is in the summer, not January/February. If you aren't out on the water, nobody here want's to do jack squat outdoors. The rest of the year is usually pretty decent.
Posted By: EdM Re: 115 degrees - 08/14/23
We are heading to the 100's this week. We are fishing on the lake Wednesday.
Posted By: Morewood Re: 115 degrees - 08/14/23
[Linked Image from 64.media.tumblr.com]
Posted By: smarquez Re: 115 degrees - 08/14/23
Here in sunny SoCal...
94 predicted today, peaking Tuesday at 101 and the back to high 90s the rest of the week.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: 115 degrees - 08/14/23
It was over 100 yesterday here. Today it started out on the same track, but the weather report says afternoon showers followed by cooler weather (80s) for the remainder of the day/evening.
Posted By: Riverc Re: 115 degrees - 08/14/23
Originally Posted by EdM
We are heading to the 100's this week. We are fishing on the lake Wednesday.
Be nice if y'all have Bimini top get some relief from the sun.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: 115 degrees - 08/14/23
Gonna be in WV some the next few weeks... it will in the 50s overnight on our mountain.

Won't mind it a bit.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: 115 degrees - 08/15/23
102 here today. With just a little humidity 😊heat index was around 115. 🥵
Posted By: Muffin Re: 115 degrees - 08/15/23
Yesterday, 1:00PM in inverness, FL car thermo said 101....

County reported heat index of 115...............

I've been ready for winter since May.................
Posted By: mathman Re: 115 degrees - 08/15/23
Originally Posted by JPro
I generally say we just have to survive July and August here, and if we can make it to mid-September we are back in bearable temperatures. Our cabin-fever is in the summer, not January/February. If you aren't out on the water, nobody here want's to do jack squat outdoors. The rest of the year is usually pretty decent.

I usually have the rifle range to myself these days. (North of 190 on 95, east to west between Lawtell and Eunice)
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: 115 degrees - 08/15/23
It hit 100 just east of us today. Pretty rare for these parts. Mid 90s isn’t too unusual, but we rarely hit 100.
Posted By: RatherBHuntin Re: 115 degrees - 08/15/23
Originally Posted by mathman

I usually have the rifle range to myself these days. (North of 190 on 95, east to west between Lawtell and Eunice)

I had the range to myself yesterday. It was 99’ in Alabama. I was working up loads with Varget and H1000 and R23 in a few different cartridges. I was just wondering what I could expect the differences in velocities, come a cold November morning in Missouri with temps in the high 20’s, will be??
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: 115 degrees - 08/15/23
Been hot and Humid at home the last 3 weeks but the high humidity was more the problem. Drove to work today and it was 108 just South of Jackson MS. Hottest I have been in since 79 and 80. 1980 was a brutal summer here.
Posted By: Riverc Re: 115 degrees - 08/15/23

You right about that! July & August don't care for those 2 months here in the deep south my favorite months here are November-May.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: 115 degrees - 08/15/23
I'm going to try and beat the heat and be on the road by 5:15AM.

Gotta go move a bunch of BLM cows to the CMR.

It was really nice today and last weekend. Not bad at all, baled grass hay until 3 this afternoon.
Posted By: High_Noon Re: 115 degrees - 08/15/23
Herer in Big D the other day:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: mark shubert Re: 115 degrees - 08/15/23
Kevin - looks like you'd better be looking for a gas pump!
smile
A/C don't work when the engine stops! smile
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: 115 degrees - 08/15/23
Originally Posted by Seafire
Predicted High here in the Rogue Valley in Southern Oregon tomorrow...

113 on Tuesday and 112 on Wednesday...

wonder how the folks in Phoenix and L.A. will be doing.

They are talking of highs at 110 or over, thru Friday... but then once again, weather people like the rest of news people LOVE to use the power of the shock factor, and delight in the attention they get by the people who's lives revolve around their
every word.

Heck was out working on the truck and a trailer today. The high was 105 degrees. Never really noticed except when they were talking about it on the radio. Guess I'll drop into the pool once or twice to cool down .or go in under a cold shower.

as long as they don't pull brown outs and folks will have to do without A/C. don't think this area is targeted yet by the leftists, and blaming it on 'Climate change"....

You guys east of here in Montana and the Upper Midwest... you should see all of this in a day or two...but probably not this high.. Might take some time off and go over to the coast where it will be a lot cooler...probably low to mid 80s.
We were invited to a family gathering in Grants Pass this week. The big doings is Tuesday - hot hot hot. We weren't able to go and we're not regretting it. We'd be taking a camp trailer and while it has a/c, I doubt it would keep up with 110+.
Thanks Mark, but I've got a full tank now.
Posted By: MikeS Re: 115 degrees - 08/15/23
Here in Phoenix I have been starting my mornings with mountain bike rides near the house followed with trimming mesquites and palm trees for our bulk trash pickup next week. Pretty warm, with no monsoon rains to speak of.

On the plus side, the trails are not crowded at all!
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: 115 degrees - 08/15/23
John just another day in paradise. grin
Posted By: ironbender Re: 115 degrees - 08/15/23
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Thanks Mark, but I've got a full tank now.
Mostly sunny and into the mid 60s here.
Don't rub it in.
Posted By: 79S Re: 115 degrees - 08/15/23
[Linked Image]

Alaska sucks donkey balls. I kill for some 110 degree weather..
Posted By: BMT Re: 115 degrees - 08/15/23
Smoke here from the fires adds to the "fun" of 102 degrees . . . . . .
© 24hourcampfire