Home
Posted By: Timbermaster Another griz munching - 09/09/23
Someone met a grizzly today near my place. They were life flighted to the hospital. No details yet other than location, Yellow Mule trail near Big Sky. It is a popular mountain biking trail, the last person mauled there was mountain biking. Lets get a season on these things so they have some fear of man again. We are covered up with them.
Posted By: Fubarski Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
Mountain biking?

Let's not be too hasty on that season.
I'd wager many who own those places in Big Sky are stalwart supporters of even higher grizzly population and permanent moratorium on hunting them.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
Timbermaster: You are right on with your call for a Grizzly season here in Montana - it's LONG overdue!
I am stilled miffed though at the lawsuits the "bozoman" (Bozeman!) liberals filed putting a now 3 year long "hold" on Hunting Wolverines.
Sad the number of humans being hurt and kill't of recent by Grizzly Bears, hereabouts.
I hope that human from your reported incident recovers.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: Steve Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
Tellin' ya Montana guys. Cali is begging to take your surplus.
Posted By: shootem Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
Originally Posted by Steve

Ship em live like lobsters. Hell, enclose the cages and tell the Kaliforniacs they’re huge lobsters!! Hide & watch.
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
I'd wager many who own those places in Big Sky are stalwart supporters of even higher grizzly population and permanent moratorium on hunting them.
You’d be surprised. A lot of the folks that have lived here the longest know damn well those bears need hunted. A neighbor shot one in his dog pen years back and was a local hero. Interviewed on the news.
Posted By: Stickfight Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23

Given that it was a mountain biker in Big Sky odds are it was a Californian that was eaten.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
We had a couple of bow hunters put one down near island park the other day with their side arms. The idaho fish and game ruled it self defence but I hope the feds don't come after them anyways. The grizzlies are thick in island park. My 11 year old and I have cow tags there in December. I'm bringing some smaller rifles for him bit winder if I should carry something larger. Maybe my seeking element 7 prc at a minimum.

Bb
Posted By: Gristle Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
I’m surprised at how many signs I have seen from Bozeman to Glacier that say “Relist the wolf”, “Save the howl” . I bet that I have seen a dozen of them.
Posted By: 673 Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
Why not live with a few people getting beat up and eaten every year?
Peddle faster ffs.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
Related news: The grizzly that killed the woman outside of West Yellowstone this summer broke into someone’s house after dog food.

Captured and killed. They’re looking for a zoo to place the cub, prob’ly shoulda just killed it too.

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/sep/07/grizzly-bear-yellowstone-killed-amie-adamson
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
So, I wonder if they would consider hunting the bears from a vantage point overlooking the bike trail would be considered "hunting over bait," once a season is established again.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
You will never see another lower 48 grizzly season. The anti's made some mistakes with their pet wolves and they got taken off the endangered list. Wolves are now game animals in several states. They leaned from their mistakes. They got the griz hunt stopped a couple years ago and they learned how to play the courts and judges. How many people are killed by them is irrelevant. Animals are more important than people to this bunch.
Posted By: viking Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
Originally Posted by RiverRider
So, I wonder if they would consider hunting the bears from a vantage point overlooking the bike trail would be considered "hunting over bait," once a season is established again.

😂, Hey Paul, what ya doing this fall? Got this cool scenic bike trail in the mountains..
Posted By: Osky Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
Gotta buy more stock in the companies that make backhoe equipment. Cattle ranchers will know how to deal with this as the beast try to move back to the east.

Osky
Posted By: ingwe Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
Someone met a grizzly today near my place. They were life flighted to the hospital. No details yet other than location, Yellow Mule trail near Big Sky. It is a popular mountain biking trail, the last person mauled there was mountain biking. Lets get a season on these things so they have some fear of man again. We are covered up with them.

Until they do open a season on them this will continue. So, until then I have a hard time of finding a F U C K to give.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
Hard to do much besides piss and moan about problems on public property. On my property I'm not putting up with anything harassing my family or possessions.
Posted By: akrange Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
This is Pretty Simple ..

Those that want to be Eaten shall be Eaten ..

Those that Choose Self Defense as a Right shall save the Addled Pilgrims from their Just Rewards ..

It’s Mutually Beneficial..

Hahahaha Hahahaha

F’ck All
Posted By: 19352012 Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
Originally Posted by Osky
Gotta buy more stock in the companies that make backhoe equipment. Cattle ranchers will know how to deal with this as the beast try to move back to the east.

Osky
That's what I was thinking. All a season means is one more tag to buy. Screw that, state gets enough of my money.
Posted By: PJ65 Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
Harriman State Park has a wine festival today. Been a sow and cubs trolling around between there and Last Chance. Might be entertaining!
3 S's.
Posted By: Snowwolfe Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
Biker in grizzly county = meals on wheels
Posted By: Paul39 Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Biker in grizzly county = meals on wheels

Good one grin
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
OK to murder babies in (what country is this??......anyway as I don't recognize it anymore) but we gotta save these fuggin bears!!
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
Likely a bowhunter given the updated area and the fact that the individual got shots off at the bear.

https://www.krtv.com/news/montana-and-regional-news/grizzly-bear-attacks-person-near-big-sky
Posted By: MikeS Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
Likely a bowhunter given the updated area and the fact that the individual got shots off at the bear.

https://www.krtv.com/news/montana-and-regional-news/grizzly-bear-attacks-person-near-big-sky

Or an armed mountain biker🤔
Posted By: deflave Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
I wonder what Randy Newberg thinks.

LOL
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
We really need to find out if the victim was bicycling or engaging in some other activity. Not knowing whether or not to laugh is stressful.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
We really need to find out if the victim was bicycling or engaging in some other activity. Not knowing whether or not to laugh is stressful.
Paul,

let's get together and design us some bear tooth resistant Spandex.

We'll be rich!
Posted By: BuzzH Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Paul,

We'll be rich!

Already been designed, they call them cars and trucks.
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Paul,

We'll be rich!

Yeppers. Ideal for people who would never see places like this if they couldn't get there in the comfort of their car or truck. #fatasseshaverightstoo.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Paul,

We'll be rich!

BuzzD,

Do you support a hunting season for Grizzly in Montana?

Or is Tester's dick too far down your throat?

LOL
Yeppers. Ideal for people who would never see places like this if they couldn't get there in the comfort of their car or truck. #fatasseshaverightstoo.

Yeah.

Heaven forbid you walk somewhere.

LOL
Originally Posted by deflave
Paul,

We'll be rich!

BuzzD,

LOL

When it comes to a cock in his esophagus, there's no such thing as too big or too deep for Buzzy.
Posted By: Teeder Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
Originally Posted by Gristle
I’m surprised at how many signs I have seen from Bozeman to Glacier that say “Relist the wolf”, “Save the howl” . I bet that I have seen a dozen of them.

I just drove that route this week and can confirm. Saw my first griz in glacier on Wednesday. Pretty impressive critter, that I wouldn't want where I live.

Yeah.

Heaven forbid you walk somewhere.

LOL

I don't normally walk 25 mile round trips in a 3 hour period, but I'd support a grizzly eating someone who tried.
Posted By: BuzzH Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
Paul,

We'll be rich!

BuzzD,

LOL

I participated in hunting grizzlies in Montana...unlike you.

Also will hunt them in Wyoming if I get the chance.
You didn’t answer the question
Posted By: reivertom Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23

You mean they aren't just big forest puppies like the Leftist claim?
Paul,

We'll be rich!

BuzzD,

LOL

I participated in hunting grizzlies in Montana...unlike you.

Also will hunt them in Wyoming if I get the chance.

Cock Sucker,

That was not my question.

LOL
Posted By: MT_DD_FAN Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
It was a hunter that tangled with a bear and lost... Hunter severely injured by grizzly south of Big Sky
Sorry for the interruption, now back to your regular scheduled 'campfire bull-slinging and trash talking...LOL
Posted By: losttrail60 Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
It’s never not funny to watch eastern and southern flatlanders and MT pilgrims share their grizzly knowledge.
Posted By: bamagun01 Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23

This is a friend of mine’s nephew. He is a witness to the attack. A hunting party of three. His mother is patiently waiting to hear more about the incident. The victim seems to be stabilized and in recovery.

Prayers
Posted By: Fubarski Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23

Look ta the righta the pic, dumbass.

You wouldn't be able ta block traffic there, was it not for motorized vehicles.
Originally Posted by losttrail60
It’s never not funny to watch eastern and southern flatlanders and MT pilgrims share their grizzly knowledge.

Speaking of funny.

Why are you afraid of BillyGoatGruff?

LOL

Speaking of funny.

Why are you afraid of BillyGoatGruff?

LOL

Speaking of funny, why did those guys at PJ’s have so many dumb fugg stories about you and yours?

LOL
Speaking of funny, why did those guys at PJ’s have so many dumb fugg stories about you and yours?

LOL

Probably because they're as dumb as you.

LOL
It’s almost as funny as sock puppets.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
You didn’t answer the question
You have to remember you're talking to a Tard.

LOL

LOL

I’m mean I get it. Walk of shame and all. LOL
Posted By: 79S Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23

Look at callnum professing to be some sort of grizzly bear expert. People don’t forget losttrail60 is callnum

LOL

LOL

Oh callnum the boomer weak sauce boomer.

I'm sure I made all their wives experience just that.

LOL
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
Paul,

We'll be rich!

Been right there, glad it was in a truck.
It left time and energy to hunt.

I need to take the old lady out there, she would love it.
Originally Posted by 79S

He's probably raising one of my kids.

LOL
Originally Posted by 79S

LOL

Pard virtual high five coming your way ✋
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
Originally Posted by 79S
Oh, callnum the boomer weak sauce boomer.

LOL
That Tard couldn't raise a toilet seat much less a child.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Mountain biking?

Let's not be too hasty on that season.

Hahaha. Tff. Winner, winner....
Posted By: SupFoo Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
Yellow Mule trail near Big Sky. It is a popular mountain biking trail, the last person mauled there was mountain biking.

Bikers tearing up the woods vs bear. Hmmmmm. Think I'm going with the bear.

Nor that of commie corksuckers on what's good for America or the definition of a woman.

How many weeks postpartum until your crew can sex a baby?
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

She really would. It's such an incredible place in so many ways. Get her out here! This is never an easy climb on a bicycle. It's been 2 years since I have been out here. I wanted to quit, but I pushed on to the Schofield Pass sign.

LOL

LOL

Boom- whack.

LOL

LOL

You have no clue (or brains).
Originally Posted by MT_DD_FAN
It was a hunter that tangled with a bear and lost... Hunter severely injured by grizzly south of Big Sky
Sorry for the interruption, now back to your regular scheduled 'campfire bull-slinging and trash talking...LOL

You play in the woods you take the risk. Darwin at work.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by 79S
Oh, callnum the boomer weak sauce boomer.

LOL
That Tard couldn't raise a toilet seat much less a child.

Lots of chumps in that part of the world.

Believe me.

LOL
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23

Ride your bike on a road, you take the risk. Darwin at work…
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Ride your bike on a road, you take the risk. Darwin at work…

I am not surprised that you didn't pick up on the facetiousness in my post.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
Check out the latest issue of RMEF “Bugle” magazine…

That's good stuff.

shrap rules.
Posted By: irfubar Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23

Was that bull riding a bicycle? lol

I personally have no problem with grizzlies dining on bicyclist..... I call it evolution.... smile
grizzlies lives matter
losthertail,

Which part of Montana do you live in?

Don't be scared.

LOL
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
Just herd a rumor

CA F&G was planning releasing a bunch of grey wolf pups in LA county
Posted By: sherm_61 Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23

LOL

LOL
Thats hilarious 🤣 😆 😂 😄
Ole callnumb grizzled Adam Jr never seems to show how dumb he really is.
Posted By: sherm_61 Re: Another griz munching - 09/09/23
Originally Posted by 79S

LOL
Priceless!!!
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Another griz munching - 09/10/23
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

She really would. It's such an incredible place in so many ways. Get her out here! This is never an easy climb on a bicycle. It's been 2 years since I have been out here. I wanted to quit, but I pushed on to the Schofield Pass sign.

You da man!
Swamp creature biking to 10,000 feet. (Can't remember exactly)

I don't know about biking it, but if it's possible go through Crystal Canyon to Marble.
We had no idea what we were doing, but did it in a Toyota in 1988.
Some guys in our group tried it the same day in an F250, got scared soon enough,
and managed to back out. Don't try it in a road vehicle. It really is a dangerous road.

If you can go to Gunsight pass and get up to walk the ridges above the basins.
It's not for the faint of heart or those scared of heights. But the views are worth
the pucker. Last time there you could drive to within a few hundred yards.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Another griz munching - 09/10/23
Get enough libs with stitches in 'em, they might come around. A DFL party boss here in Mpls. got pistol whipped, her leg broke and her car stolen - in front of the kids last week. She now is a staunch pro police convert.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Another griz munching - 09/10/23

I have room on one wall for a mountain biker mount, spokes, rim, and all.
Posted By: Salmonella Re: Another griz munching - 09/10/23
Originally Posted by shootem

Ship em live like lobsters. Hell, enclose the cages and tell the Kaliforniacs they’re huge lobsters!! Hide & watch.

I've brought a couple into California. 🤣

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]upload image

Posted By: luv2safari Re: Another griz munching - 09/10/23
Originally Posted by Salmonella

THAT rates a Two-Cool!
cool cool
Posted By: SupFoo Re: Another griz munching - 09/10/23
So this is now what, two peeps this year who walked into Griz country that got eaten?

Is this considered an epidemic?
Posted By: ribka Re: Another griz munching - 09/10/23
How many years have you bow hunted in states thar outlawed grizz hunting?

I’m guessing zero lol. You seem
Like a typical disconnected kkalifornian

To be honest most just laugh at you. You just perpetuate the clueless kkkalifornian stereotype

Any
Moron with money can shoot a guided bear in Alaska or a lion in Africa

Originally Posted by Salmonella

Posted By: jaguartx Re: Another griz munching - 09/10/23
Originally Posted by SupFoo
So this is now what, two peeps this year who walked into Griz country that got eaten?

Is this considered an epidemic?

Nah. There is actually more chance of innocents being killed if a gun is around so its safest to do your bit in the bush without one.
It's better to just bring a cell phone and dial 911. You can ask the professionals to bring a gun.
smirk
Posted By: deflave Re: Another griz munching - 09/10/23
I'm glad there are grizzly bear in the lower 48 again but there needs to be a season on them and you need to be able to smoke one without issue when they're out of season.

This is a perfect example of just how fugking dumb and worthless our government has become. At every level.
Posted By: PJ65 Re: Another griz munching - 09/10/23
Keep the bears. At least you can learn how to deal with them. Californication is a cancer
© 24hourcampfire