Home
Russia: A passenger jet was having hydraulic problems and was using fuel faster than it should. The pilot feared that they couldn't reach the airport so he successfully landed it, gear down, in a field. There were no injuries. Sounds to me like a good, competent pilot. But - now how do they get the plane home? It looks to me like in the very least they'll have to remove the wings and probably a lot more.

LINK

I'm surprised the grain didn't catch fire.
[Linked Image from a57.foxnews.com]
That plane will be written off so they probably won’t get too fussy dismantling it.
In other photos, there are severe heat marks just where the right wing meets the fuselage, indicating there may have been a fire in the wing root. He got that thing on the dirt in JUST enough time.
That's so cool the way they made the sliding board go right into the bus door.
Dude has been binge watching Sully.

Freaking Russians, always trying to one-up us.
A local contractor that I know moved a decommissioned jet about 15 miles down the highway to his place to make a cabin. Don't ever tell that man that something can't be done. A couple very large payloaders and a few overhead wires moved was all it took. Wings were removed of course.

https://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/static-airplane/view/google/
Put on skids and drag it out!
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Put on skids and drag it out!
Appears the gear is fine. Put mats down and tow it out...
tear it's Achilles...
Originally Posted by Pat85
That plane will be written off so they probably won’t get too fussy dismantling it.

Yeah the air frame won't be useable, so it's a goner.
You build a runway on the field.
Engines alone are worth about 10 million USD each. New anyway. How damaged are they? Lotsa other salvageable parts, instruments, etc. and I'm not sure the airframe itself isn't salvageable or rebuildable.

That looks like it might be a grass field? Or grain of some sort?
That pilot needs a gold star for his performance. It looks like pretty good driving to me.
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
Originally Posted by Pat85

Yeah the air frame won't be useable, so it's a goner.

This IS in RUSSIA where “good enough” is their aviation motto. There’ll have that plane back in service in less than a month. It won’t be taking valuable humans in Moscow or St. Petersburg but it’ll be fine for eastern Russians. 😉
More:

https://mash.ru/nsk/news/177063

https://twitter.com/noelreports/status/1701471622471774662?s=61&t=rmEeUn68HhlFHGKbTPQr_A

https://t.me/Tsaplienko/39165

Bruce
It's Russia.
Get Big Tractor and pull.
They just take it apart and truck it away piece by piece. That's how they move C-130's to air bases for display.Of course they put them back together there! I am sure they already are disassembling it.
Same way Johnny Cash built his car,

One piece at a time.
Build a runway and fly it out. Doesn't have to be paved. A Boeing 737 has a landing distance of 6800' and a takeoff of 9700' fully loaded. If it landed there, I think it's safe to assume there was at least 6800' of field already. Probably cheaper than dismantling the plane or trying to moving it.
Call Johnny Cash!

In Viet Nam, Lockheed replaced both wings etc. on a C-130 that had been shot up 300+ times and when they finished an Air Force flight crew flew it out. It was at Quan Loi, a dirt or PSP strip. Of course a C-130 could take off in a much shorter distance.
Originally Posted by kennymauser
In Viet Nam, Lockheed replaced both wings etc. on a C-130 that had been shot up 300+ times and when they finished an Air Force flight crew flew it out. It was at Quan Loi, a dirt or PSP strip. Of course a C-130 could take off in a much shorter distance.
C-130s were designed for soft field operations...
Twas kind of funny, years ago a crew was supposed to deliver a 747 to Connie Kalitta's operation at the old Wurtsmith AFB in Oscoda Michigan. Some how they mistook the runway at Iosco county airport for Wurtsmith and landed the aircraft there. Iosco's runway is 4800' X 75' runway, Wurthless runway is 11,800' X 200'. They brought in a special crew to fly the plane out, pushed the plane as far back as the could at the end of the runway to where the MLG tires were almost in the grass. Fired up the engines and ran them up to power to burn off the excess fuel, when the weight was right they released the brakes and flew her out.
© 24hourcampfire