Home
2 people arrested near White House after ammunition found inside vehicle, Secret Service says

https://www.foxnews.com/us/2-people...found-inside-vehicle-secret-service-says

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.
DC is sounding like Old Mexico, where Ammo in your car or truck can land you in Prison. 🤪😡😡😡
If only they'd just had coke, SS wouldn't have figured out who they were.
Originally Posted by Raeford

No doubt. Or an illegally purchased handgun like Crackhead Hunter. 🤪
My wife and I were travelling and decided to stop and see her childhood home, which happened to be inside the grounds of Fort Leavenworth. We arrived at the checkpoint, and it being not too many years after Sept 11, they did a cursory search of my truck. While searching, they opened the middle console and there inside was an opened brick of .22 ammo visible. They didn’t say anything or take it. We went on about our business.
What do they do stop and search every vehicle? If so is there a perimeter and is it clearly marked?
Loaded mags in my glove compartment.
What do you think?? License plates for an area tells them what to look at!
Originally Posted by Raeford

Beat me to it.
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
My wife and I were travelling and decided to stop and see her childhood home, which happened to be inside the grounds of Fort Leavenworth. We arrived at the checkpoint, and it being not too many years after Sept 11, they did a cursory search of my truck. While searching, they opened the middle console and there inside was an opened brick of .22 ammo visible. They didn’t say anything or take it. We went on about our business.

I don't know if things have changed since I retired in 2004, but you could buy firearms and ammunition at the PX back then. No problem having personal firearms in base quarters.
Ammo .. yeah. Mostly also have the gun it goes with. I don't usually leave ammo by itself in the vehicle .. I prefer not leaving ammo to vibrate maybe affecting the powder coating and/or be affected by repeated heating/cooling cycles. Don't ever bet there isn't any though!
My truck probably has some .22 and shotgun shells rolling around.
Originally Posted by Winchester21

Exactly, no telling what you could find in my 23 year old Ford. Then again I or it would not be around the White House...Joe
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
DC is sounding like Old Mexico, where Ammo in your car or truck can land you in Prison. 🤪😡😡😡

I think that's what they're after.
Some guys from work drove from Eastern Oregon to Alaska for a fishing trip. Crossing into Canada, border inspection found some loose 22lr rounds in the truck, under the seat.

OH SCHITT! Pistol ammo! They dismantled the truck cab searching for weapons and ammo.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Some guys from work drove from Eastern Oregon to Alaska for a fishing trip. Crossing into Canada, border inspection found some loose 22lr rounds in the truck, under the seat.

OH SCHITT! Pistol ammo! They dismantled the truck cab searching for weapons and ammo.

Worried about us bringing a pistol or anmmo into Canada . Meanwhile India spy agency whacking mother ph uckers in Canada
There's always some sort of ammo in my truck rolling around, ending up under a seat or in a door pocket. I finally quit going to Lake City Army Ammunition Plant to work because it's a pain in the azz to clean my truck up for the vehicle inspection every morning going through the gate.
Any ammo in my vehicles is generally contained in a dispenser.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

I have been pulled over for a “secondary” many times at the Canadian border. When they ask if I have any guns or ammunition I tell them I hope not, but I’d be amazed if there isn’t some loose ammunition floating around in the truck somewhere. They’ve told me they’re only concerned with.25 auto and .32 auto because, “That’s what criminals use.” I am not kidding. On one occasion they found a magazine loaded with.22 long rifles. The inspector indicated it might be a problem if it’s over 10 rounds which, thankfully it wasn’t. It was a mag for a Walther P-22 and only held 10. On another occasion, an inspector reaching under a seat said, “Here’s a gun.” He pulled out a staple gun just in time for my heart to restart.
As a Virginian, I will say, stay the hell out of DC. You can only have in possession ammo that matches a gun you have registered in DC. You cannot have in possession any ammo unless you own a gun in that caliber. Not sure how it is now, but it was also illegal to have a fired case in DC. If you had a fired 9mm case with a dented primer, no powder and no bullet, and they found out, you were going to jail. DC is not taking any 2nd amendment case seriously.

DC is a [bleep]. The cops there are jokes.

I was up there once and saw two DC Metro Police motorcycle cops stopped at a red light. The cop behind kept moving forward and banging his front wheel into the rear wheel of the cop ahead of him - hard - as if he was trying to make him fall off backwards. Both cops were just laughing their asses off.
Do you mean ammo I know about, or just stray rounds rolling around under the seats?
Originally Posted by smokepole
Do you mean ammo I know about, or just stray rounds rolling around under the seats?
That's what I was thinking, who knows where all their ammo is. I found a bucket of ammo today. Where did that come from? Why did I do that? When did I do that?
I think I have some AR magazines in my jeep
Amazing that every day we get closer to just having a gun or ammo makes you a criminal.
As an aside. It is not good to leave ammo in an auto for long periods of time. If it gets hot, mainly jostled around a lot it can break down to an extent. It can change the characteristics or burn rate leading to high pressure.
Originally Posted by POKERFACE6
Originally Posted by Winchester21

Exactly, no telling what you could find in my 23 year old Ford. Then again I or it would not be around the White House...Joe
I don't take my truck to California either.
I don't believe I have enough paper to inventory the ammo in any of my trucks.
Every once in a while, I find a firearm that I'd forgotten in the truck.
Originally Posted by mark shubert

LOL! One of the old feed mill owners brought in a Marlin 39A that he had lost. It was in floorboard backseat of his truck under 10" of loose sweet feed! That was one sticky rifle. Got it cleaned up tho. Think that molasses help preserve it🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. He said he’d been missing it for 7 or 8 years.
Marked "Safe" from any danger of going to D.C. anytime in the foreseeable future. smile
Before or after I clean it out? It's why I don't drive through commie hellhole states.
its legal for me where i go and no ones business either
My Jeeps won't run without Ammo Rio7
Yes, I have extra ammo for the guns in the truck. Plus I always have 22lr and 22 WMR in the truck.
90 rounds (three loaded magazines) for the beater AR behind the truck seat.
Its skeet season

Have a flat and a half of 12ga #9 on the floor of back seat of my truck

Have a few loose 45acp rolling around as well
Just when I'm going hunting or carrying a 17 or a 48 out and about in John Q. Public.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
2 people arrested near White House after ammunition found inside vehicle, Secret Service says

https://www.foxnews.com/us/2-people...found-inside-vehicle-secret-service-says

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

never leave home w/o it

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by mark shubert

Same here.
Originally Posted by smokepole

I can relate to this. Found some 5.56 ammo the other day. I had even forgot I lost it.
I have more than ammo in the truck
I know there are at least 500 22LR rounds, at least 50 12 ga rounds loaded with 7 1/2 shot for doves, at least a box of 12 ga steel shot, at least 20 rounds of 12 ga slugs/buckshot for a shotgun only area I hunt and probably at least a handful of 308 rounds in my truck as I type this. On a side note I don't believe it is illegal to have ammo in your vehicle in DC. I spent a lot of time in VA when I was active duty and went to DC pretty often and there would have always been some ammo, mostly for waterfowl, in my truck every time I went there.
It's a sad day when ammo in your vehicle leads to arrest. A DC court will make these people an example. They will be behind bars for a while. Meanwhile, Biden crime family rakes in millions from the Ukraine and China.
why wouldn't I have ammo in my vehicle?
Originally Posted by High_Noon

Why would I be in D.C.?

drover
Washingon DC restrictions on possessing ammo

Title 7 Subtitle J Chpt. 25 § 7-2506.01. Persons Permitted to Possess Ammunition
(a) No person shall possess ammunition in the District of Columbia unless:
(1) He is a licensed dealer pursuant to subchapter IV of this unit;
(2) He is an officer, agent, or employee of the District of Columbia or the United States of America, on
duty and acting within the scope of his duties when possessing such ammunition;
(3) He is the holder of a valid registration certificate for a firearm pursuant to subchapter II of this
chapter; except, that no such person shall possess restricted pistol bullets;
(4) He holds an ammunition collector's certificate on September 24, 1976; or
(5) He temporarily possesses ammunition
I keep a loaded 10/22 in my pickup 24/7. When I drive to the big city 65 miles away I put it under the rear seat. Otherwise, it's leaning against the passenger seat. I've lived in the country so long there is no way I could live in a town or city.
Gotta be one of the most stupid questions asked on the 'fire...
F'm - I took a 357 to Cali, years ago. Took the kids to Disneyland (pre-woke, I believe!)
Originally Posted by ingwe

LOL. No doubt Poobah!

My point was how Commie DC and those that run it have become.

The article I posted was the stupidest schitt I’ve seen in a long time. Even by DC standards.
Two folks were arrested merely because LEO saw ammo in an unattended vehicle.
And it reminded me how far America has fallen, and how close we are to being disarmed by the Commie Leftards that run DC.

About 20 something years ago, when I was still doing gun shows in S TX, two dealers I knew of drove across the Border for supper and were arrested in Mexico for loose ammo in their vehicle. IIRC, one of them spent 5 years in a Mexico prison.

Just about every person I know, including family, friends, and most folks I’m aquatinted with have not only ammo in their vehicle, but at least one or more guns too.
Guess we are very fortunate where you and I reside.
But how long befor the rest of America becomes like DC ? Hopefully, I won’t live long enough to experience that schitt. 🤪

Like the late great Charlton Heston once stated : Something to the effect of “ I’ll give you my gun when you pry (or take) it from my cold, dead hands“ 😡
I am pretty rural.
I shoot stuff all the time.
I had to drive into town one day to pay a traffic ticket.
When you go to the courthouse you have to go through a metal detector.

I have a [bleep] of hardware in my body so I wasn't surprised when the alarm went off.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The hardware wasn't the problem.
I had forgotten to empty my pockets of .22 shells that I had been shooting rats in the chicken coop with that morning...😖

They weren't real happy about me bringing ammo into the courthouse, but gave me a pass after I dropped the name of my brothers who were at the time long time Sheriff's Deputies and Highway Patrol.
Originally Posted by ingwe
Not even close. GD
Originally Posted by High_Noon

Where you live, I'd be afraid some Mexican would break into the vehicle and steal the ammo.

and for the conversation about Ammo going into DC? I am from Fairfax County VA originally...

If the cops pulled you over and found ammo in your car in DC:
If you were white, they'd turn you any way but loose.
If you were black or any other type of minority, they'd just tell you to have a nice day, after apologizing about delaying your travels.

I only leave ammo in the one vehicle I drive, 3 miles over to the range and back home...

anything else, I have no firearm or ammo in my vehicles....If no other reason than the local meth head see it, they'll break into the vehicle just to steal the ammo...
Yep, I have ammo in my vehicles.
Originally Posted by drover
Washingon DC restrictions on possessing ammo

Title 7 Subtitle J Chpt. 25 § 7-2506.01. Persons Permitted to Possess Ammunition
(a) No person shall possess ammunition in the District of Columbia unless:
(1) He is a licensed dealer pursuant to subchapter IV of this unit;
(2) He is an officer, agent, or employee of the District of Columbia or the United States of America, on
duty and acting within the scope of his duties when possessing such ammunition;
(3) He is the holder of a valid registration certificate for a firearm pursuant to subchapter II of this
chapter; except, that no such person shall possess restricted pistol bullets;
(4) He holds an ammunition collector's certificate on September 24, 1976; or
(5) He temporarily possesses ammunition

Number (5) would seem to absolve anyone...I mean, isn't any possession of ammunition temporary?
Stupid. Ammo in and of itself is 100% harmless. The government doesn’t deal in common sense though. I had to occasionally go to go to DC for business with a previous employer. I absolutely hated those trips.

I had a few 40 S&W rolling around in a carry on bag that I forgot about when I flew to Calgary one time in my carry on. In case you are wondering, TSA is there more as window dressing and as a make work program for the government. They completely missed the ammo and I only noticed when I arrived at my hotel that evening. They promptly went in the trashcan outside the hotel entrance.

Tikka, you need to take “here kitty kitty” off of that Foxpro!

Originally Posted by tikkanut
never leave home w/o it

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Do bullet holes count? I don't, but wondering.
Only in the gun on my hip at 8 o'clock.
All my trucks have at least one pistol and rifle in them, and all kinds of different ammo, the only time I ever take them out is when planning to go to a big city where they may be stolen, momma’s Grand Wagoneer is the only one w/o long gun daily, we both carry our pistol’s, to many varmints to ever disarm local, ever, that’s one of the reasons we have our CCW . Not to worried about sheriffs department or highway patrol out here, they know all ranchers are packing.
This is why I don’t drive to DC unless I have to, and then I go over my vehicle with a fine tooth comb. A couple of 22 shells will get you in a lot of trouble.
I wasn't aware of those DC rules. After 1/6/21 I made up my mind I'm never going to DC for a peaceful protest again, so a few bullets won't be a problem.
© 24hourcampfire