Home
Posted By: packrat77 Gate Lock For Multiple Users - 10/11/23
https://youtube.com/shorts/3Qjd8VWV9hk?feature=shared

Unfortunately I can't figure out how to make it show up.
Saw that a few weeks ago. It impressed me enough to show my wife and even she thought it was pretty neat.
It is cool, but a universal key fits it just fine.

[Linked Image from totaltools.com.au]
A piece of chain with several padlock hasps linked together has always worked in our neighborhood.
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
A piece of chain with several padlock hasps linked together has always worked in our neighborhood.
Same setup we've used
Posted By: bcp Re: Gate Lock For Multiple Users - 10/11/23
Looks like that system must have a padlock in every hole to prevent the latch from lifting.

Interlocked padlocks and chain works much simpler.

Bruce
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Uncle locked the gate at my grandmothers property, those definitely make short work of opening the lock.
Posted By: K1500 Re: Gate Lock For Multiple Users - 10/11/23

Until some dummy doesn’t keep the chain linear and locks everyone out.
Bolt cutters. Locks are for honest people. A lock MIGHT slow a crook down long enough to get a good sight picture.
Originally Posted by packrat77
https://youtube.com/shorts/3Qjd8VWV9hk?feature=shared

Unfortunately I can't figure out how to make it show up.
Just delete “shorts/“ from like and put in the YouTube video attachment.

That's got Texas written all over it.

LOL
Super Simple

Use a combination lock and give users the combo!

ya!

GWB
Not uncommon on hunting leases down here.
The shooting range that I go to has four locks on the gate.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Oilfield as well.
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Darn tootN, cut the top outta da safe, holes in storage units, job boxes, locks, gate post…
That’s one hell of lotta users gaining access through one gate. Looks like an Aggie design.
The guy down where I hunt puts a Realtor lock on the chain.

Ron
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Yup. Very similar home made one on the Highway gate for the easement road where we hunt at Sarita in Kenedy county. Oil well country
Posted By: JeffA Re: Gate Lock For Multiple Users - 10/11/23
Yeah cause these kind are way to difficult to use..

[Linked Image from blog.dyslexia.com]

simple, effective, cheap.
Posted By: RL Re: Gate Lock For Multiple Users - 10/11/23
Originally Posted by deflave

LOL

Sure does - we have had this similar system for years. Most of the out of state hunters that have trouble figuring out how it works are from Florida. Go figure...
Good system for sure but, Locks are for honest people.
There are several different styles of gate locks for multiple users on the internet. Some are pretty ingenious. Always interesting. A daisy chain of locks works until someone gets locked out.
Originally Posted by RL

LOL

Sure does - we have had this similar system for years. Most of the out of state hunters that have trouble figuring out how it works are from Florida. Go figure...

LOCK THE GATE!!!!!

LOL
And if you really want to get in, just put some thermite to work and watch it all melt down.
We have gotten by for years with a single lock and multiple keys. The keys are marked "do not copy", and giving out a key to an unauthorized person is grounds for expulsion. A combination lock works but is not quite as secure since the combo can be given out.
Had one situation where a key had been left by the gate for the use of a friend. It was under a rock which had not been there before. I took the key and said nothing. The friend came up to the gate and found no key. I saw her on her cell phone, then parking her car and walking up; presumably to meet with her friend. I never returned the key and was never asked for it.
A lock only indicates that the owner of the property prefers that you stay out.
Of course, there are situations where a road is gated and locked with no authority to do so. In those cases, cutting said lock is not only acceptable but almost obligatory. GD
Posted By: RL Re: Gate Lock For Multiple Users - 10/11/23
Originally Posted by RL

LOL

LOCK THE GATE!!!!!

LOL

Guess I could build a wall - LOL
Posted By: JeffA Re: Gate Lock For Multiple Users - 10/11/23
Originally Posted by greydog
We have gotten by for years with a single lock and multiple keys. The keys are marked "do not copy". GD

I had a key once that I wanted copies of but it was stamped 'DO NOT COPY', I went to the local lock/key shop and told them I needed 3 copies and to be sure they stamped all 3 with 'DO NOT COPY'.
No problem my wishes we're granted.
Texans gotta lock every god damn gate they can find.

Even the ones they don't own.

LOL
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Gate Lock For Multiple Users - 10/11/23
Locks are to keep the CAT FISH OUT, Go Back to the Office YA P.O.S.
Posted By: 79S Re: Gate Lock For Multiple Users - 10/11/23
Originally Posted by RIO7
Locks are to keep the CAT FISH OUT, Go Back to the Office YA P.O.S.

Sweet ass burn pard. Guarantee deflave won’t comeback now!
© 24hourcampfire