Home
Posted By: FOsteology Larry Root Dead - 10/19/23
I don't have details, just heard Larry passed away. His last nom de plume on the 'fire was "armchair".
Posted By: Springcove Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Thanks for letting us know.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Bricktop jumped out from behind his front door and Root pissed himself to death!
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Originally Posted by FOsteology
I don't have details, just heard Larry passed away. His last nom de plume on the 'fire was "armchair".

Google doesn't come up with an obituary for Lawrence E. Root at either of his last known homes of record, Pinedale, WY, and Key West, FL.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
And who says theres no good news?
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Ahhh
Posted By: FOsteology Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Google doesn't come up with an obituary for Lawrence E. Root at either of his last known homes of record, Pinedale, WY, and Key West, FL.

Root moved to Vero Beach Fl awhile back.
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Bricktop jumped out from behind his front door and Root pissed himself to death!
lol
Posted By: Wyodogger Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Larry was my neighbor here in WY until he moved to FL a few months ago. He died less than a month later. Interesting fellow to say the least.
The thought of old Larry on his way to the afterlife in his Miata, wearing his prettiest dress will always put a smile in my face…
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
He's not the first troll on here to meet his maker.

Root moved to Vero Beach Fl awhile back.

Well, if anybody finds an obituary, please post the information or a link.

I'd like to hear it from the Munchkin coroner.
Originally Posted by Springcove
The thought of old Larry on his way to the afterlife in his Miata, wearing his prettiest dress will always put a smile in my face…

I think of all of the firearms that he misrepresented and then blamed the buyer. Just like here, he had lots of different user names on the gun selling sites. When he wore out a user name, he just started again with a new name.

I loved to remind him of the JWGibson posts from back in 2014.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Most of Larry's antics took place before I became a regular on this sub-forum, so I don't have any experience with him. I always feel a certain level of sadness when a miserable person passes. Life is way to short not to love and laugh your way through it.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Most of Larry's antics took place before I became a regular on this sub-forum, so I don't have any experience with him. I always feel a certain level of sadness when a miserable person passes. Life is way to short not to love and laugh your way through it.

Larry earn all of the ill-will and contempt that he received.

Larry earn all of the ill-will and contempt that he received.

He did.

There's others who would not be mourned here too.
Posted By: Mr_Harry Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Who’s going to lead us in a pear?
Posted By: krp Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23

I don't really want to comment but I guess I will... he was a bitter psychotically disturbed person. He's one of the few I had to put on ignore, more than once, his sock puppets also. He would PM threats to me, get pissed when I'd block him from PMing and do it again with a sock. His sock puppet Boss Lady claiming to be his wife was a classic.

He said some very sick and personal things about my family, even the kids...

It's fine with me he's finally dead.

Kent
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
It's a hell of a thing when a man dies. It takes away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.
I looked out into my field of fuqks just now and still I do not find any.
Originally Posted by krp

I don't really want to comment but I guess I will... he was a bitter psychotically disturbed person. He's one of the few I had to put on ignore, more than once, his sock puppets also. He would PM threats to me, get pissed when I'd block him from PMing and do it again with a sock. His sock puppet Boss Lady claiming to be his wife was a classic.

Kent
I can sympathize. I kinda felt that way when that cop who used to post here died (something 1960). While alive, he repeatedly made threats to use his cop connections to bring harm to me in some way (I assume, because he disagreed with me on some issues). I couldn't feel any sorrow when he passed, although I didn't wish it on him.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
I sold Larry a gun a few years ago and it went fine. My only experience with him. Sail on.
Posted By: RufusG Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
... hell ...

If they have internet there maybe we'll find out if he's still "laffin".
Posted By: sactoller Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: skeen Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I sold Larry a gun a few years ago and it went fine. My only experience with him. Sail on.

Yeah, same. No drama and his check cleared. smile
Posted By: krp Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Originally Posted by krp

Kent
I can sympathize. I kinda felt that way when that cop who used to post here died (something 1960). While alive, he repeatedly made threats to use his cop connections to bring harm to me in some way (I assume, because he disagreed with me on some issues). I couldn't feel any sorrow when he passed, although I didn't wish it on him.

hunter1960 and I had some epic battles, he called me all kinds of things and did use his LEO status to call in a welfare check on crossfireoops. But he kept it between us and was just wrong, not psychotic. I did feel bad when he died and knew his wife was reading his account and sent heartfelt condolences to his family... as did Greg...

I don't care that Larry Root is dead one bit.

Kent
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Not missed, here.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
What’d he do? Before my time.
Posted By: FOsteology Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Originally Posted by Mr_Harry
Originally Posted by jackmountain

“Shot it all and then some, you clueless Kchunt window-licker”

Just kidding, I’m channeling his delivery from the grave.

You never spent any time in the Hunting Rifles room?

That's BigStick. We're talking about a different Larry.

Look up User oldman1942, Interthem, and BossLady and read the posts for an insight of who Larry was.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Originally Posted by jackmountain

“Shot it all and then some, you clueless Kchunt window-licker”

Just kidding, I’m channeling his delivery from the grave.

You never spent any time in the Hunting Rifles room?

That's BigStick. We're talking about a different Larry.

Look up User oldman1942, Interthem, and BossLady and read the posts for an insight of who Larry was.
He was also central in the gold coin thread.
Posted By: Mr_Harry Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Whoops. I will redact my commentary
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

WTH is wrong with people getting worked up to that extent on line. It's not like you and Kent are Aholes either.
Originally Posted by sactoller

lolololol
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Like a couple of others on here, I never had any interactions with Root.

from the sounds of it, I'm glad I didn't.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Daid!!
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23

don't worry about it. That Larry's an azzhole too
Originally Posted by gitem_12

don't worry about it. That Larry's an azzhole too

Lol.
Posted By: sactoller Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
So, how is this going to affect his layaway plans?
Posted By: DouginLa Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Posted By: Feral_American Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
A few here accused me of being this guy when I first signed on here. As you can see I'm not him and I'm not dead. Y'all can suck it.

On aside, where I'm from we don't mean mouth the dead no matter how rotten they might have been. They're gone. They ain't coming back. Best to just let their memory die with 'em.
Posted By: sawbuck Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
What will become of his book publishing business?
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Originally Posted by skeen

Same

He paid quickly and was happy with his purchase.
Originally Posted by Feral_American
A few here accused me of being this guy when I first signed on here. As you can see I'm not him and I'm not dead. Y'all can suck it.

On aside, where I'm from we don't mean mouth the dead no matter how rotten they might have been. They're gone. They ain't coming back. Best to just let their memory die with 'em.

People have equated you with one of the biggest douches in this forum's history, and you are chalking that up as a win?

Just because you aren't one guy's sockpuppet doesn't mean you aren't another's... wink

There's many. Many.

People have equated you with one of the biggest douches in this forum's history, and you are chalking that up as a win?

I say that speaks to a pretty low IQ amongst some around here.

I see this guy was big into the buy/sell page. Won't see me there. I don't have time to deal with the fallout of driving cross country to beat somebody's ass with an axe handle because they thought it a good idea to f uck me out of some money.

Kinda like two dollar whores, and cheap rot gut whiskey. Could be tempting but I won't put myself there.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23

I see this guy was big into the buy/sell page. Won't see me there. I don't have time to deal with the fallout of driving cross country to beat somebody's ass with an axe handle because they thought it a good idea to f uck me out of some money.

Kinda like two dollar whores, and cheap rot gut whiskey. Could be tempting but I won't put myself there.

Hahaha!

Whatta gomer.
Originally Posted by skeen

I think that you're likely to find that people who sold to Larry are a lot more satisfied than people who bought from Larry.

Read the JWGibson posts. I think that they paint a very accurate picture of kind of person who Larry actually was.

I don't usually speak ill of the dead, but I have no problem speaking ill of Larry, dead or alive.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Just because you aren't one guy's sockpuppet doesn't mean you aren't another's... wink

There's many. Many.

Has it ever occurred to you, that you Karen types might have made it a "fun" game for those kind of people to play?

Sounds like a self inflicted wound to me.

There's many. Many.

Has it ever occurred to you, that you Karen types might have made it a "fun" game for those kind of people to play?

Maybe so, but there are some people whose bad behavior just has to be called out.

Besides, what about the people who he screwed over when he misrepresented guns that he sold online and then refused to take them back, usually blaming the buyer for whatever the problem was? When he got bad reviews, he changed his user name to hide from the truth.

Read the JWGibson posts.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23

There's many. Many.

Sooo...if B Bar was more accommodating to dipshìts such as yourself...there would be fewer dipshìts?

Stay the course, pard, stay the course.
Posted By: eaglemountainman Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Ax handle ass beatings. Lots of tough hombres on the Fire.
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman
Ax handle ass beatings. Lots of tough hombres on the Fire.

Hell Larry said he could pick me off at 2000 yards. He called it a chip shot…

Ahh the good old days…
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23

Always thought it was too long for some of the miserable SOBs.

Not me wishing them dead.
But imagine getting up every morning, pissed off. Mad.
Then having everything, all day make it worse.
Going to bed like that, and repeating it daily.

A fellow would get tired of being mad.

And would live years, every month.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
It's a hell of a thing when a man dies. It takes away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

Will Muney in Unforgiven
Originally Posted by jwp475

Will Muney in Unforgiven
Yep.
Posted By: AKCHOPPER Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23

tff !
Posted By: deflave Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23

You better STFU before I find you and sodomize your ass.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
After trying to horn-in on a veteran rifle give away - I can honestly say Rest In Piss Larry. Good riddance. We are a better society without that fuucking scumbag. Good to hear. Cumbaya....
Posted By: deflave Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Larry Root was a bit of a prick.

I'm glad to hear he died.
Posted By: AKCHOPPER Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Originally Posted by deflave

Hell, he will give you directions.

LOL
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Root was an imbecile of the highest order..
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Bricktops road trip to Pinedale had to be a top five thread on this site.
Posted By: Rick n Tenn Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
It's hard to believe he's gone . I know he was an a-hole but just saying . RIP
Posted By: 19352012 Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
It's hard to believe he's gone . I know he was an a-hole but just saying . RIP
Some of the people on this site are really old. Really, really old.
Posted By: skeen Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER

Hell, he will give you directions.

LOL

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: mirage243 Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23

🤣🤣🤣
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Kinda like two dollar whores, and cheap rot gut whiskey.

Fill us in on all that. We got time.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
I just checked my feeling...no, I don't care.
Posted By: saddlering Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Well Bye!

LMAO!!
Originally Posted by Pat85

Lol, he had Larry pissing himself and calling the cops!! Fugging Epic.
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23

Stay the course, pard, stay the course.

He's not Larry Root, but he's Larry Root.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
He's not Larry Root, but he's Larry Root.

I suppose someone had to take up the slack.

And I notice lard-arse hasn't been posting.
Posted By: Fubarski Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Wonder if he ever tried ta spend the Monopoly money stx sent him.
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Originally Posted by Wyodogger
Larry was my neighbor here in WY until he moved to FL a few months ago. He died less than a month later. Interesting fellow to say the least.

If you’ve got stories, We’ve got the time…………

Could use a good laugh.

Did he cut grass in a Sundress and Floral Bonnet?

Did you meet Bricktop when he visited Pinedale? is he really Black?
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
🤣

It was amazing amd root was a straight ass

Did you meet Bricktop when he visited Pinedale? is he really Black?
I remember seeing pics of bricktop and he was white lol
Posted By: BeardedGunsmith Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Forum search engine works great. Dude was apparently a pùssy.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/6269314/1
Posted By: MissouriEd Re: Larry Root - 10/19/23
Over the years I had many phone conversation with Larry. I sold him 2 Ruger #1 rifles. One in 7Mag and one in 30:06. Both had very nice wood. Yes the checks cleared and the transactions went smoothly. And Larry was happy with the rifles.

Larry was a troll by nature and enjoyed blowing up some folks here on the fire.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Larry Root - 10/20/23
He didn't show, after I invited him, and all his biker buddies, to kick our collective azzes at Quemado, some years ago.
I caught a (very) small amount of grief for inviting him - but, as anticipated, he didn't have the cojones to show up.
More show than go!
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Larry Root - 10/20/23
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Over the years I had many phone conversation with Larry. I sold him 2 Ruger #1 rifles. One in 7Mag and one in 30:06. Both had very nice wood. Yes the checks cleared and the transactions went smoothly. And Larry was happy with the rifles.

Larry was a troll by nature and enjoyed blowing up some folks here on the fire.
Are you “Ruger Charger Bipod” Ed?
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Larry Root - 10/20/23
RIP Larry.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Larry Root - 10/20/23
In all the years I’ve been here I don’t recall a single interaction between us, mostly because I didn’t care either way but while Larry could rile up the crowd I never heard that he cheated anyone.

Despite the animosity shown towards him he apparently did a lot of deals here, has he actually cheated anyone or is this hate a byproduct of personality clashes?
Posted By: 79S Re: Larry Root - 10/20/23
You know pards I never could figure out why Root was inline here. I know he’s one of first to offer a layaway plan for guys on here. That seemed to have got some of campfire good guys all riled up. His picture of his guns were iffy, one minute he had brown carpet other times he have green carpet. So they did look poached off other sites. I thought safariman was 10x worse than Larry Root.
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: Larry Root - 10/20/23
He threatened my in a PM because he knew I hunted near his home town of Livonia, NY.

POS blowhard.......
Posted By: Springcove Re: Larry Root - 10/20/23
Ask yourself this question, why did Larry get kicked off this site repeatedly? The guy was a POS.
Posted By: deflave Re: Larry Root - 10/20/23
Ask yourself this question, why did Larry get kicked off this site repeatedly? The guy was a POS.

Still somebody’s daughter pard.
Posted By: Springcove Re: Larry Root - 10/20/23

Still somebody’s daughter pard.

Touché…
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Larry Root - 10/20/23
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
In all the years I’ve been here I don’t recall a single interaction between us, mostly because I didn’t care either way but while Larry could rile up the crowd I never heard that he cheated anyone.

Despite the animosity shown towards him he apparently did a lot of deals here, has he actually cheated anyone or is this hate a byproduct of personality clashes?
He tried to horn in on a veteran rifle give away. If that in itself is not enough for folks to draw a conclusion then fuuck it.

Or making up false identities to jump in a thread to back yourself - when outed as yourself? For fuuck's sake the guy was a lying piece of chit of the lowest denominator.
Anyone that didn't see it - repeatedly - over the years was simply not paying attention. Cumbaya.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Larry Root - 10/20/23
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Anyone that didn't see it - repeatedly - over the years was simply not paying attention. Cumbaya.
Hahaha!
Yeah...but it's fun to virtue signal.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Larry Root - 10/20/23

AFAIK personality clashes.
He seemed to be forthright in his business dealings.
However, was an azz in everything else. JMNSHO.
I was actually hoping he'd show up, as I wanted to see if he was as big an AH in person, as he was online! : D
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Hahaha!
Wayyy
Posted By: FreeMe Re: Larry Root - 10/20/23

Yeah, that's the kind of stuff I miss seeing here. Solid gold.
Hahaha!
Wayyy

So that’s what I was doing by asking a question that interrupted your abuse the dead guy thread, virtue signalling?
Posted By: Oakster Re: Larry Root - 10/20/23

If people get in the vicinity of Pinedale, they need to stop in Farson and have "the best ice cream in Wyoming".
Originally Posted by mark shubert

I was actually hoping he'd show up, as I wanted to see if he was as big an AH in person, as he was online! : D

Mark….Thanks for the straight answer, that’s what I thought but wasn’t sure of.
Hahaha!
Wayyy

So that’s what I was doing by asking a question that interrupted your abuse the dead guy thread, virtue signalling?
No idea what you were doing. Did I say such in regards to you?

Pretty sure when someone poses as another individual claiming to be a disabled veteran to cheat their way into a group rifle giveaway it goes well beyond personality clashes. Likewise forming multiple fake identities to post as references to one's self when posing as someone else too shows a level of chitbirdness.

LOL

Rest In Piss Larry Root.
Been plenty said on the matter of Root, much of it many years ago. There's always been a contingent that knew next to nothing of the issue, simply too ignorant to have an informed opinion that spoke up eliminating all doubt. LOL. Cumbaya.
You know.....Happy Camper was a pretty good guy really......
Gophergunner. Yah man I did a deal with him and it was hunkydory.... Yo.

Ima gonna hold out judgment until all the facts are in....

Safarimam didn't actually force the old gal to sign the documents.....
Just good country people.

Men of God no doubt.

Men of God no doubt.
Glory!

"Damnit Jim I'm a Doctor not an engineer! "
Posted By: joken2 Re: Larry Root Dead - 10/20/23
Lawrence Root -- Facebook

Lawrence "Larry" Root comments on Safariman's Facebook page...

Lawrence Root
It didn't matter, the fix is in. Tossed off you know where again. keep going back --- drives the trolls nuts.

48w

Lawrence Root
24HRCF. laugh
Posted By: Sprint11 Re: Larry Root - 10/20/23
In life, you're fair game. But I will not speak ill of the dead.

Lee24 and one of my sisters may be an exception.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Larry Root Dead - 10/20/23

Men of God no doubt.

In a quartet!
Posted By: dassa Re: Larry Root Dead - 10/20/23
What's the concept behind not speaking ill of the dead?

If a person was a piece of shi in life, why pretend he's any different when he dies?
Posted By: KFWA Re: Larry Root Dead - 10/20/23
I never dealt with Larry directly, I was lucky enough to see the fallout before I ever had the opportunity.

I'll never understand why but some people revel in chaos and pissing people off. It seems he never tired of it.

I'm not of such high moral character that I wouldn't feel some type of satisfaction hearing a worthless SOB had died, but I never interacted with Larry enough to determine it one way or the other.
Posted By: mirage243 Re: Larry Root Dead - 10/20/23
Originally Posted by dassa

If a person was a piece of shi in life, why pretend he's any different when he dies?

^^^^^^ This
Originally Posted by mirage243

^^^^^^ This

Spot on. If you don't want to be thought of as a piece of schit when you're dead don't be a piece of schit when you're alive.
I looked out upon my field and thought I saw a fuqk to give so I ran out into the field to pluck it to give but alas, it was just an uncomposted turd.

I still have no fuqks to give!
Posted By: deflave Re: Larry Root Dead - 10/20/23
Hey pards,

Upon reflection I realize we are being very unpard like.

Let’s turn that scorn into something positive pards.

Ok pards?
Posted By: ldholton Re: Larry Root Dead - 10/20/23
Hey pards,

Ok pards?
positive...??
Root is dead that's positive right?
Posted By: deflave Re: Larry Root Dead - 10/20/23
Originally Posted by ldholton
Hey pards,

Ok pards?
positive...??
Root is dead that's positive right?

Golly pard.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Larry Root Dead - 10/20/23
Larry Root got scorned and hated for things I am not aware of. I do know that Larry wasn’t even a pimple on Steelhead’s ass.

If there was ever someone to revel in his absence, it is Steelhead…
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Larry Root Dead - 10/20/23
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Larry Root got scorned and hated for things I am not aware of. I do know that Larry wasn’t even a pimple on Steelhead’s ass.

If there was ever someone to revel in his absence, it is Steelhead…

Steelhead is here. He posted today.
Posted By: FOsteology Re: Larry Root Dead - 10/20/23
Scott is still here? What's his screen name(s)?
Posted By: Wyodogger Re: Larry Root - 10/20/23

If you’ve got stories, We’ve got the time…………

Could use a good laugh.

Did he cut grass in a Sundress and Floral Bonnet?[/quote]

Oh yes, I could relate some good stories, but most of them fall into the "you had to be there" category, so I'll just let it go now that he's gone to that great ammo dump in the sky.

He described himself as "very cantankerous," but I have a hunch that's no great news flash to anyone. smile
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Larry Root Dead - 10/20/23
Originally Posted by joken2

Lawrence Root
It didn't matter, the fix is in. Tossed off you know where again. keep going back --- drives the trolls nuts.

48w

Lawrence Root
24HRCF. laugh
I long ago forgot my Facebook password, so cannot log in to see that.
Posted By: hanco Re: Larry Root Dead - 10/20/23
Will the real Larry Root please stand up!!!
Posted By: cisco1 Re: Larry Root Dead - 10/20/23
As others have stated , I too sold a rifle to Larry. Spoke to him on the phone several times ...very pleasant.

Although, Larry was dead at the time of sale.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Larry Root Dead - 10/20/23

^^^^^^ This

Spot on. If you don't want to be thought of as a piece of schit when you're dead don't be a piece of schit when you're alive.
Amen hallelujah!
Posted By: mirage243 Re: Larry Root Dead - 10/20/23

He keeps a couple of socks running all the time
Posted By: DouginLa Re: Larry Root Dead - 10/20/23

He keeps a couple of socks running all the time
OK, so what are they???
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Larry Root - 10/20/23

Larry might have been a forthright buyer, but he was, at best, a suspect seller.

Larry was notorious for misrepresenting the things that he advertised for sale by over-grading them or by omitting obvious flaws and then refusing to stand behind his sales when the buyer complained about the difference between the claimed condition and the condition of the item that he received.

Also, nobody worthy of trust changes their identity as often as Larry did and he did it on the gun sales sites just like he did on this site.

I believe that the JWGibson posts reflect Larry Root's real character and no matter how many satisfied sellers sing his praises will convince me otherwise. When you sell, it is your integrity on the line. When you buy, you are depending on the integrity of the seller.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Larry Root - 10/20/23
Also, nobody worthy of trust changes their identity as often as Larry did and he did it on the gun sales sites just like he did on this site.

I lump everybody that runs sockpuppets into the category of untrustworthy and deceptive.
Posted By: Teal Re: Larry Root - 10/20/23

I lump everybody that runs sockpuppets into the category of untrustworthy and deceptive.

What if 2 people share an account?
Posted By: bigfish9684 Re: Larry Root - 10/20/23

What about GanjaFarmer?

Did you and Shefire ever meet him at the Red Robin?
Originally Posted by bigfish9684

What about GanjaFarmer?

LOL

You guys are burning up valuable brain cells on this garbage?
Originally Posted by Teal

Daaaamn…

You got handled rough on this one Fireballz.

By a dude from Wisconsin no less.

LOL
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Larry Root - 10/20/23

Fuqkin' A Bubba!
Fuuck all the fuuckers!
The Cute Ones have spoken. The same guys that don't know what real truth even looks like. Playing it safe, sticking with the numbers rather than looking for what's real.

Forgive me for not worrying myself over your worldview.
The Cute Ones have spoken. The same guys that don't know what real truth even looks like. Playing it safe, sticking with the numbers rather than looking for what's real.

Forgive me for not worrying myself over your worldview.

He was referencing that time your wife used your login and told us you’re a lazy sack of schit.

LOL

That had to hurt.
I do more by March every year than a POS like you does all year long, hotrod.

I apologize to no one for my work ethic. You can go back and read why that happened and where she was coming from, but like I said, people like you want NOTHING to do with the truth and are only looking to divide and put down people. I have no use for you and your type, who continue to contribute nothing to this forum or America.
Damn!

Daaaamn…

You got handled rough on this one Fireballz.

By a dude from Wisconsin no less.

LOL

Owned the Bears forever, may as well own the Ducks too.

Hey pard,

That was totally uncalled for pard.

And lemme tell ya, I've seen what you have to sleep with up there pard. And it ain't pretty pard.
I apologize to no one for my work ethic.

I'd say that's pretty obvious.

LOL
You can go back and read why that happened and where she was coming from, but like I said, people like you want NOTHING to do with the truth and are only looking to divide and put down people. I have no use for you and your type, who continue to contribute nothing to this forum or America.

Well as I remember it you logged on here bitching about your wife.

Your wife caught you.

Waited for you to nap (again)

Then used your login to tell us all that you're a lazy POS, a bad father, and a worthless husband.

LOL

Hey pard,

And lemme tell ya, I've seen what you have to sleep with up there pard. And it ain't pretty pard.

Pard, I apologize. I realize that the Bears entire problem is lack of Cutler. He should have gone direct from field to GM.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Larry Root - 10/20/23

Hey pard,

You must not have been in the right parts of Green Bay in the 90s.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Hey pard,

Pard, we stay warm under the SI Edition Super Bowl Championship commemorative blankets.
You can go back and read why that happened and where she was coming from, but like I said, people like you want NOTHING to do with the truth and are only looking to divide and put down people. I have no use for you and your type, who continue to contribute nothing to this forum or America.

Well as I remember it you logged on here bitching about your wife.

Your wife caught you.

Waited for you to nap (again)

Then used your login to tell us all that you're a lazy POS, a bad father, and a worthless husband.

LOL

I'm certain she didn't say worthless husband but she sure as hell didn't like getting made fun of with her asian accent...........ROR!

Hey pard,

Pard, we stay warm under the SI Edition Super Bowl Championship commemorative blankets.

With or without the si swimsuit issue?

Hey pard,

With or without the si swimsuit issue?

Of the 6 to 8 days a year nice enough for swimming here - sure.
Posted By: 308ld Re: Larry Root - 10/20/23

There's many. Many.

LOL, classic!
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Larry Root - 10/20/23
There's an old Chinese saying - Only the good die yung.
Posted By: irfubar Re: Larry Root - 10/20/23
The cyber world is a better place without Root.... good riddance.... Fosteology will have to find another troll to hunt.... smile
Originally Posted by irfubar
The cyber world is a better place without Root.... good riddance.... Fosteology will have to find another troll to hunt.... smile

I wonder if nsaqam is kicking his ass as we speak.......
Posted By: BOBBALEE Re: Larry Root - 10/20/23
For those who have forgotten, Safariman was easily the tallest member of the quartet he sang in. Pards.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Larry Root - 10/21/23
Smacked him with the authority only a cartridge like the 340 T Rex could...... LOL
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Larry Root - 10/21/23
Never got my rifle I put on lay-a-way...
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Larry Root - 10/21/23
Originally Posted by stxhunter
That Savage 270?
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Larry Root - 10/21/23
Chit, I done forgot what it was.
Posted By: FOsteology Re: Larry Root - 10/21/23
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Secret Service is going to pick you up any day now for counterfeiting! grin
Posted By: MikeL2 Re: Larry Root - 10/21/23
This thread sure has a lot more life than the subject!
Posted By: FOsteology Re: Larry Root - 10/22/23
I had hoped that this thread would have pulled Bricktop out from the shadows.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Larry Root - 10/22/23
No obituary ?
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Larry Root - 10/22/23
Last time I seen him post he was telling me to STFU! LOL
The dude was a genius. How’d he think to put a trailer ball on the front?

Posted By: Skankhunt42 Re: Larry Root - 10/22/23
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

LOL

How many times did that dumb azz put up that pic and under how many different names?
Posted By: yar Re: Larry Root - 10/22/23
I sold a gun to Larry back around 2010 . A beautiful Ruger No 1 in 458 win . The gun did not arrive to him the day it was scheduled to arrive . Well the next thing you Larry goes off telling me we should contact the local authorities that a gun of this caliber is a great weapon of destruction and if it gets in the hands of the wrong people civilization as we know it will come to an end !
The gun was delivered the next day . We’re all still alive .

The End .
I feel left out by not having done any deals with him
Posted By: ldholton Re: Larry Root - 10/22/23
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42

LOL

How many times did that dumb azz put up that pic and under how many different names?
that's an excellent way to pick out a dumbass that can't back up
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Larry Root - 10/22/23
Looking forward to more virtue signaling.....
Posted By: Seafire Re: Larry Root - 10/22/23
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Like a couple of others on here, I never had any interactions with Root.

from the sounds of it, I'm glad I didn't.

same here... just seemed toxic to me right off the bat.
Larry Root was a bit of a prick.

I'm glad to hear he died.

Aww he just graduated to where he'll have to deal with a tougher crowd....

where his antics won't be tolerated....
Posted By: Seafire Re: Larry Root Dead - 10/22/23

Pretty sure when someone poses as another individual claiming to be a disabled veteran to cheat their way into a group rifle giveaway it goes well beyond personality clashes. Likewise forming multiple fake identities to post as references to one's self when posing as someone else too shows a level of chitbirdness.

LOL

Rest In Piss Larry Root.

I spearheaded a lot of those veteran rifle give aways, and I don't recall Larry Root trying to claim to be a disabled veteran, or a sock puppet making that claim.... The one I recall there being a big war over, was from a forum member out of Indiana... and I got a lot of PMs. from other forum members telling me that I should not have sent the rifle to the guy in Indiana...
]
Was that Larry Root ( in Indiana? ) or am I thinking of something else? I know that after that incident, we quit doing it anymore after it got abused...with some people making claims that were not true or just made up to try and get a free rifle at other people's expense,.
Originally Posted by bigfish9684

What about GanjaFarmer?

Well look what the rototiller turned up.....

so you left Seattle? acting like you were some big bad ass...

and NOW you are in Cedar Rapid Iowa? LoL.... that is rich!

Been to Cedar Rapids a boat load of times...Did a lot of business there and scrubbed into quite a few surgical cases at the Hospital there.... and Iowa City...Dubuque etc.

You a big bad ass there NOW? Hanging with all the Iowa Farmers?

Bet they love you.......

but back to your question... NAW Travis never met us there.. of course it wasn't hard to figure it out is was deFlave the entire time anyway...

Me and Roy hope this finds you and your BF doing well together there in Cedar Rapids.
Posted By: RS308MX Re: Larry Root - 10/22/23
Larry did have an entertainment value.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Larry Root - 10/22/23
Originally Posted by joken2

Lawrence Root

48w

Lawrence Root
24HRCF. laugh
I long ago forgot my Facebook password, so cannot log in to see that.

Yes, you'd have to be logged in to see Lawrence Root's Facebook page but not just to see where he posted the above comment on Safariman's Facebook page.... (His post is on the photo of Safariman grinning ear-to-ear with two holstered revolvers strapped on his waist -- but, in typical Safariman style, both on the same side -- one above the other...)
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Larry Root Dead - 10/22/23
Been plenty said on the matter of Root, much of it many years ago. There's always been a contingent that knew next to nothing of the issue, simply too ignorant to have an informed opinion that spoke up eliminating all doubt. LOL. Cumbaya.
^^^^^^
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Larry Root Dead - 10/23/23

Early days Jim !!

Give it some time, it'll flesh out !

wink
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Larry Root Dead - 10/23/23

Bwhahahahahahahahaha !
Posted By: Bricktop Re: Larry Root Dead - 11/05/23
It has been an epic 16 months for me, William. But I am here.
Posted By: deflave Re: Larry Root Dead - 11/05/23
Originally Posted by Bricktop

You look great.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Larry Root Dead - 11/05/23

You look great

I'd say he hasn't changed a single bit.

kwg
Posted By: Westman Re: Larry Root Dead - 11/05/23
Good to see you alive and kickin [bleep] Bricktop
Posted By: Sauer200 Re: Larry Root Dead - 11/05/23
Originally Posted by kwg020

You look great

kwg

Well, they do say black don't crack.
Posted By: irfubar Re: Larry Root Dead - 11/05/23

It's good to have our esteemed African American member return to the fire.... wink
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Larry Root Dead - 11/05/23
Haha, f uckin bricktop. Good to see you back!
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Larry Root Dead - 11/05/23
Originally Posted by irfubar

It's good to have our esteemed African American member return to the fire.... wink
Welcome back Bricktop. Stop in once in a while. If we can put up with Big Stick and Deflave we can tolerate just almost anyone.

kwg
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Larry Root Dead - 11/05/23

Posted By: FOsteology Re: Larry Root Dead - 11/05/23
Good to see you Bricktop. Hope all is well.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Larry Root Dead - 11/05/23
I got a question about shipping a gun………😁
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Larry Root Dead - 11/05/23
Maybe the campfire dude that was gonna whip Bricktop's asss has been chasing him for 16 months?
Posted By: Fubarski Re: Larry Root Dead - 11/06/23
Maybe sysop could change the thread title ta "Bricktop Returns".

Fitting way for LR ta go out.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Larry Root Dead - 11/06/23
Originally Posted by kwg020

You look great

kwg

Bullschit, he looks a little older.......
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Bricktown Returns! - 11/06/23
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Maybe sysop could change the thread title ta "Bricktop Returns".

Fitting way for LR ta go out.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Bricktown Returns! - 11/06/23
Great! You have been missed!

g
Posted By: 160user Re: Bricktown Returns! - 11/06/23
I feel left out by not having done any deals with him

That is like saying you feel left out for not getting the Clap from Mary Jane Rottencrotch.
Posted By: Crappie_Killer Re: Larry Root Dead - 11/06/23

Glad to see you back posting.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Larry Root Dead - 11/06/23
Is Larry really dead?

No obituary anywhere.
Posted By: Fubarski Re: Larry Root Dead - 11/06/23
Is Larry really dead?

No obituary anywhere.

Maybe his nephews got onto his computer.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Larry Root Dead - 11/06/23
Oldbitchyoularry.
Posted By: FOsteology Re: Larry Root Dead - 11/06/23
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Is Larry really dead?

No obituary anywhere.

Maybe his nephews got onto his computer.

Good question. Maybe Root and bigsqueeze are related?
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Larry Root Dead - 11/06/23
Is Larry really dead?

No obituary anywhere.

He'd better be!

Lol, If FOsteology is frogging around here I'ma gonna hire Gunner500 to go kick his sorry ass!!
© 24hourcampfire