Home
Posted By: Higginez Strange names - 11/14/23
Went to school with some pretty exotic names. How about you?

Muey Kittikuhn - Laotian. Pronounced May Kittycoon. Her brother was named Boontong and her sister Ping. Went all through school with them. Good folks. Muey was very soft spoken and liked by everyone.

Giant Bear - Indian kid. Showed up for a month or so in 4th grade and disappeared. Never forgot the name.

Quangling Vongsavath - Vietnamese I think. Beautiful girl went by Ling. I'll never forget her asking me if she should start a carreer as a stripper. It was our junior year and I was all "FUGG YEAH!" Guy sitting behind us laughed a bit. Couple days later an undercover cop busted several dudes (including my buddy Charlie that beat out my twin brother for class president) and guess what? The undercover was the guy that was sitting behind us laughing as I encouraged a 17 yo to start mud wrestling. I saw him a year or so ago at a gas station. Charlie was pissed I didn't call him immediately. LOL
Posted By: reivertom Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
We had a few Laotians in my small KY town show up in the 1970s.. At first they were quite a novelty, but after a few years they were just people. One of the Dads was a jet pilot and they escaped after the Commies took over the area because they had been on our side. They were all good folks, very quiet, but well liked. They made a small rice paddy in the yard of their house for Grandma. I always thought it was funny.....the first and only one ever in my town, or in the state, for that matter.
Posted By: Jericho Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
When I was in the USARMY back in the early 90s, we went to morning formation after PT and a new soldier was standing at the end of the 1st squad. A few of us welcome him aboard and shook his hand. One guy asked him what his first name was, and he replied "Cornelius" One of the guys in my squad then asked him, "Is your wife named Zira?" Everyone burst out laughing for a minute or two
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
My son graduated with Gregory Peck.
Posted By: Mr_TooDogs Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
Mehitable Woodworth
Posted By: gkt5450 Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
Llana Glasscock. No kidding.
Posted By: persiandog Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
Ellen DeGeneres
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
Originally Posted by gkt5450
Llana Glasscock. No kidding.
We worked with a Glasscock for many years. Commonly referred to as "Crystal Dick"

A prominent family in town spent many years during the 50s and 60s as Christian Missionaries. We were in the fourth grade when they finally came home with several children born overseas. The oldest, a lovely daughter, was in my class, named for their host nation all those years......Iran.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
Harry Butz
Anita Mann
Mylo Harry Hole
Rose Petal
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
The names the OP references aren't really strange, they come from foreign lands and languages.

Strange names are what Americans are have been hanging on their babies for the last 30 odd years. A sad display of desperation for attention, making up names or spelling them wrong. Just to be noticed. Leaving the kid having issues with it everything his name is written down.

Karl is a real name spelled the right way.
If it's for some use that matters, I say "Karl with a "K".
Usually, they have a C in there already.
Unreal how much mail I get with a C, or....Carol, or some other screwed up version.

Let's not even go unto the world of fake or assumed African names.

Don't parents ever consider that one day
that little crumcruncher will be a 30 year old adult?
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
I knew a woman named Shanese who had three daughters: Shameeka, Shaneeka and Schneekiyah. And they weren't triplets.

My wife had a student named D'L'Qwon. Momma liked apostrophes.
Posted By: Mike_S Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
My son went to grammar school with a boy named Miami Dolphin.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
Seymore Butts.
Posted By: gunner8305 Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
Sharon Peters! Wife works at the local middle school. One kids first name is Speck, another is Wolfgang Jesse James!
Posted By: 320090T Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
Mary Virgin
Hershel Hollowpeter
Luv Allata Leslie
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
nothing is as goofy as the names black folks give their kids.
Posted By: Azshooter Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
Key and Peele's East vs West names are the best

Posted By: slumlord Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
Originally Posted by gunner8305
Sharon Peters! Wife works at the local middle school. One kids first name is Speck, another is Wolfgang Jesse James!

Lmfao

Myself and a couple other guys created a sock puppet on another Tennessee deer hunters forum. I named it Sharon Peters. Had a load of horn dog morons hitting on like a trebled hooked wad of chicken livers.
Hahaha, got some moocher on there in a wheel chair told him he looked like Tim McGraw lol, started talking all sexy with him and then one day we send him the big reveal, some awful lady-boy tranny pics from the waist down. 💀
Posted By: Ohio7x57 Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
My daughter had a Somali girl in her class who’s first name was “Nastyho”. I thought she was pulling my leg until she brought me a class roster.

Ron
Posted By: hillestadj Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
Freshman dorms had a guy on the floor named Darth Denter.
Originally Posted by hillestadj

Luckey yuo, I coodnt goto colledge I had to get right on to roundign up the fats and combinning the corns

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
Once worked with a girl named Madison Roosevelt Taylor. Went by Maddie. She said her parents were history buffs.

She had a booty that would have met with LBP's approval!
Posted By: hillestadj Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by hillestadj

Luckey yuo, I coodnt goto colledge I had to get right on to roundign up the fats and combinning the corns

8lessin9s, i'l prey fore yuo.
Posted By: Bay1975 Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
I went out with a girl who’s name was Spring her last name was Beaver. Spring Beaver was hot as can be, she had a good sense of humor about the name. And loved di$@!
Posted By: rem shooter Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
my youngest brother wanted to name his daughter Reagon Landry for first and middle name after ,Pres, Reagon and Tom Landry 70's Cowboys football coach .Because he liked them so much ..His wife was going to let him do it,till dad said boy you cant name a girl after two mens last names .causes problems ...So he named her Audrey instead
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
I know a guy named Leonard that is strange as fugg...
Posted By: Robster Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
We had a game warden in upstate NY with the name of Richard Head. He actually preferred top be called Dick.
Posted By: killerv Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
[bleep], 3rd grade student, pronounced "sha-teed". Teacher was assigning desks for 1st day of school by putting names on a piece of tape when she ran across it
Posted By: TwoTall Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
A guy in my grandparents home town was named Ignecious Wardinski. I didn’t believe it until I saw it in the phone book.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
Worked with an idiot down in Georgia for a couple of summers...

He named his Daughter Chevelle... Said his next child, if it was a boy, was going to be named Super Sport, or SS 396..
he wasn't sure which one yet...

Knowing this guy, there was probably a boy born in north Georgia in the early 70s, With the name of SuperSport.
Posted By: cv540 Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
Dealt with a guy named Sputnik Eisenhower Watkins.

Just from the name you knew what was in the news and who was President when he was born on Halloween of 1957

His friends called him Nik
Posted By: Reba Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
In the Army with Shade E. Banks
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
The names the OP references aren't really strange, they come from foreign lands and languages.

Strange names are what Americans are have been hanging on their babies for the last 30 odd years. A sad display of desperation for attention, making up names or spelling them wrong. Just to be noticed. Leaving the kid having issues with it everything his name is written down.

Karl is a real name spelled the right way.
If it's for some use that matters, I say "Karl with a "K".
Usually, they have a C in there already.
Unreal how much mail I get with a C, or....Carol, or some other screwed up version.

Let's not even go unto the world of fake or assumed African names.

Don't parents ever consider that one day
that little crumcruncher will be a 30 year old adult?

My middle name is Carl , and I’m 73 . So Much for that.
Posted By: AZmark Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
Knew a girl with the nickname Summer. I presume due to her teeth.

Summer green, summer yeller, summer missin.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
Originally Posted by Seafire
Worked with an idiot down in Georgia for a couple of summers...

He named his Daughter Chevelle... Said his next child, if it was a boy, was going to be named Super Sport, or SS 396..
he wasn't sure which one yet...

Knowing this guy, there was probably a boy born in north Georgia in the early 70s, With the name of SuperSport.

Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
I had a friend named Karl Wanger. His wife was always like a big sister to me.
I was a mentor to him in reloading rifle ammo.
And yes, I’ve read of some very strange names among blacks
“Female” pronounced Feh Molly, and I kid you not “ gonorrhea”, a girl whose mother thought the word sounded nice!
Reon
Posted By: Scotty Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
I have seen the last name "Outhouse."
Originally Posted by AZmark
Knew a girl with the nickname Summer. I presume due to her teeth.

Summer green, summer yeller, summer missin.

Summer teeth

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

She British?
Posted By: Swamplord Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
nothing is as goofy as the names black folks give their kids.

old carpenter I worked with a few years back has a grandson that likes black girls, the big gal he was hooked up with named their daughter Latreena
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
Red Eagle, and his brother Two Feathers were great friends of mine, when we were young. We had a falling out, over Shining Moon, their sister. Ya I lived close to a rez.
Posted By: LBP Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
Originally Posted by JeffyD
Once worked with a girl named Madison Roosevelt Taylor. Went by Maddie. She said her parents were history buffs.

She had a booty that would have met with LBP's approval!
Got any pics??
Posted By: dpd Re: Strange names - 11/14/23
Met a girl named Teal . She said her dad was duck hunting when she was born. I thought she was pulling my leg. I found out later that was her real name.
Posted By: Triggernosis Re: Strange names - 11/15/23
My wife's college roommate was named Noelle Christmas and her sister was Holly Christmas.
Posted By: 1beaver_shooter Re: Strange names - 11/15/23
Got a tree hugger cousin who named her kid Cedar
Posted By: JLWilson Re: Strange names - 11/15/23
Had a salesman for a construction company that called on me by the name of Rocky Cox.
Posted By: Jericho Re: Strange names - 11/15/23
I had a customer several years ago and her first name was Sara Smile. Worked with a guy a few years back and his nick name was Chester, of course one of the knuckleheads that worked with us started calling him "Chesticles" and things almost got out of hand one day.......
Posted By: Morewood Re: Strange names - 11/15/23
A high school buddy's Dad's name was Dick Short.

Worked with a guy named Mike Sweeny. He was a dick.
Posted By: Reba Re: Strange names - 11/15/23
Boat builder buy the name of Richard Head
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Strange names - 11/15/23
More Wood is a strange, errr, I mean, nice name.

😬🦫
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Strange names - 11/15/23
I went to school three years with a lovely young lady, unfortunately named Dawn Dick. I might have been tempted to follow her around like a love sick pup. But she was almost engaged to a friend.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Strange names - 11/15/23
My cousin played baseball with a kid named Troy Kunlisk.

🦫
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Strange names - 11/15/23
Originally Posted by Jericho
I had a customer several years ago and her first name was Sara Smile. Worked with a guy a few years back and his nick name was Chester, of course one of the knuckleheads that worked with us started calling him "Chesticles" and things almost got out of hand one day.......

Chester, that's a pretty unfortunate name in it's self. Worse if earned.

TC was a foreman at a factory over a crew of 25. TC was on probation for molesting of his own elementary school aged children.

A new woman was rotated into TC's crew. She was the wife of an employee with about 15 years service. Her husband was well acquainted with TC. Sometime during her first week on shift, she stepped into the control room to ask a question of the foreman in front of about five other crew members.

"Hey, Chester?"!!!!!

The girl was really not very bright. She had no idea of what she had done until someone spelled it out for her, and explained what a "Chester" was. That was the only name she had ever heard from her husband in reference to TC.

"It could not have happened to a nicer guy"! LOL But yes, the little gal was not treated very well after that point on that crew.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Strange names - 11/15/23
went to school with a chick named Terrie Street, her mother remarried a guy whose last name was Walker, so she became known as Terrie Streetwalker.
© 24hourcampfire