Home
Posted By: RAS Good luck Michigan deer hunters - 11/14/23
Legal shooting starts for my property at 7:05 EST.

Be safe out there guys and shoot straight!
Good luck ya’ll I look forward to pics!
Good luck tomorrow, guys!

Been watching this one every night for a week. Hope he shows up tomorrow!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Yep, good luck everyone! Nice buck there, Gypsy Wind. Hope you get him.
Thanks and all the rest of you Michigan deer hunters, good luck tomorrow and the rest of the season.
Good Luck and have a Safe hunt! All set deer moving good this evening, saw 2 bucks squaring off, till we stopped 3/4 mile where I'll be sitting in the morning.
Be safe and shoot straight fellas. Ran into an [bleep] that used logs to block the trail, which is state land. He wasn’t pleased when i cleared them.
Originally Posted by Mac84
Be safe and shoot straight fellas. Ran into an [bleep] that used logs to block the trail, which is state land. He wasn’t pleased when i cleared them.

Lol. Pure Michigan. 🤣

Good luck tomorrow, Mac.
TY. Good luck to you too.
Good luck, be safe, enjoy every minute.
Watchout for the Muzzies.
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk

Meh, it don’t take much to lead em. Fire when the crosshairs hit brown.

All I have in my cameras are bear. Winnie the Pooh actually sat down next to my treestand. Should be a fun walk in the dark tomorrow morn.
Thanks and good luck to y’all as well.
Good luck fellas. Be safe
Mitch Rompola already shot the biggest deer in MI this year. Just small ones left for the gun hunters.
You fellas have a great time. Kinda jealous.
0653 here. Good luck guys! Get some!
Good luck ladies and gentlemen I wish I would be there for it but will not be there until next week. I’m not going to hunt this year just enjoy time with the grandkids. Signed Gretchen
Good Luck!
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk

Meh, it don’t take much to lead em. Fire when the crosshairs hit brown.

All I have in my cameras are bear. Winnie the Pooh actually sat down next to my treestand. Should be a fun walk in the dark tomorrow morn.

Just take a honeypot with you you'll be OK.
Well??? It’s 7:45 any luck yet?
No luck yet. Not many shots in the distance either.
Good Morning from Quanticassee

I was watching a decent 8 and the doe turned North and I was South

All part of the day

Hank
If it's like your neighbor to the west of the UP it will be 2 wolf tracks for every deer track!
Originally Posted by boatboy

All part of the day

Hank
Good luck!

I’ve killed a few deer and turkeys just south of Quanticassee. We used to perch fish there all the time but it’s been a while since I fished there.
[Linked Image from 64.media.tumblr.com]
Prayin for a safe & fun time out there y’all! Hope you post pics of yer success!
"Thoughts and Prayers" while you're deer hunting.

Geezus now I've heard it all lol
We have two does down by 7:30. The first one was an educated doe. This is the first year using suppressed 450 Bushmaster and at the shot, the other deer nearby just startled a bit and trotted out about 50 yards then came back to the food plot where I dumped another good sized doe.
We’re having a quick coffee and then it’s skinning and breaking them down and getting them on ice.
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
We have two does down by 7:30. The first one was an educated doe. This is the first year using suppressed 450 Bushmaster and at the shot, the other deer nearby just startled a bit and trotted out about 50 yards then came back to the food plot where I dumped another good sized doe.
We’re having a quick coffee and then it’s skinning and breaking them down and getting them on ice.
Congrats !!
Originally Posted by boatboy

All part of the day

Hank

Hope that 8pt comes through again, Hank. Good luck!
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
We have two does down by 7:30. The first one was an educated doe.

Congrats! Good to keep those smart does to a minimum.
Took a nice 11pt. At 8:24, have a doe tag left, shot 8pt with my Xbow w weeks ago! Happy Hunting
Beautiful weather, no antlers yet.
Came back to house for a late breakfast and some window hunting.
Heading back out, maybe someone heading in for lunch will bump one, again,...
Originally Posted by saddlering
Took a nice 11pt. At 8:24, have a doe tag left, shot 8pt with my Xbow w weeks ago! Happy Hunting

Congrats, Saddlering! Any pics of the 11??
Originally Posted by saddlering

Congrats got a fine year going

Hank
Been on stand all day. Watching a couple of food plots that I've worked in to the edge of a big tag alder/willow swamp on the back of my property. A few oaks as well, but they've pretty much dropped their acorns. Pretty isolated back here and the deer will wander in and out of the bedding area all day between these two food plots and the bigger (about 3 acre) plot around the pond.

Not sure how many total I've seen so far. Most at one time has been 13. Two of those were year and a half old bucks, plus I saw one other young buck. I've got a couple of shooters hanging around. We've seen them from the house a few times. Nothing huge, but nice. If a bigger buck doesn't show up I'll shoot a big doe later in the season.

Overall, it has been a quiet day. I've heard maybe six or eight shots off in the distance.
Legal shooting starts for my property at 7:05 EST.
sunrise side
Good day my 82 year old hunting partner got a 8 point
It was a quick good shot I skinned it last night I have never seen more trama from a 450BM

Last year I sat on the west side of the field and good choice this year did the same and the shooters I seen with binocs were all on the west side

But a good start seeing my Friend harvest one
Pictures boys, pictures!
It was very warm in the south central UP and it negatively effected deer movement. Most people I know here seen nothing. I have one friend here who had both of his sons tag out with bucks out before 830am. Other than that, it sucked completely.

Today is going to be worse. Almost 60 here.

Only saw 6 deer opening morning. 5 bucks and a doe. Shot a nice 8 pt at 7:55 am with the 375 H&H Mag, DRT.
Saw 6 in the evening, small 4 pt and 5 does.
Saw 6 does this morning. I'm tagged out, shot a 10 pt with the x-bow.
Just have 2 doe tags and in no hurry. Especially when it's so warm.
Good luck fellas.
Shot a 6 point opening morning in Rapid River (UP)

Mauser M12 .308 did the trick.

Deer sightings are way way down, as is number of shots heard
Slowest opener in memory here in Western Lower. Very little shooting. Few deer seen. At least it’s not raining. I REALLY hate that.
Wacky weather seems to have them bedded down.

Yesterday morning I saw 3 small bucks yesterday morning, while my guests saw none.

Evening sit got chaotic around dark with deer chasing and passing right in front of me 3 times, but it was too dim to see more than a glance of antlers. A check of my game cameras today showed that one of the deer was decent legal buck - either one of the 6's, or one of 2 different small/medium 8's.

Very warm and gusty right now. Kinda hard to find motivation to hunt in this weather.
Not the biggest but it gave my camp some meat. I seen a dandy this morning but no shot.

This weekend I am going to have to feed around 8 hunters for three days. This deer will help with that.

Cold weather is coming so it should improve hunting conditions.

Originally Posted by RAS
Not the biggest but it gave my camp some meat. I seen a dandy this morning but no shot.

This weekend I am going to have to feed around 8 hunters for three days. This deer will help with that.

Cold weather is coming so it should improve hunting conditions.

Wow that picture takes me back when all my male relatives would have their red and black deer uniform on Thanksgiving day. Nice buck!
They weren't moving for us during daylight. Trail camera caught both large and small bucks at 10:30 PM. Winter coats and warm weather doesn't help deer activity.
I sat out all day yesterday on a ridge over some open hardwoods. Only deer I saw all day was one crossing the road when I was driving over to the state land. I counted 47 shots all day yesterday. Today I sat the same spot and heard maybe 15 shots in 12 hours. Warm and windy. Beautiful day to be in the woods though, way more relaxing than work! Should start getting better tomorrow and through Thanksgiving down here. Good luck everyone!
Love that red/black suit

Congratulations on buck
Way to get it done. I remember when all these oldsters used to talk sh*t about you. You grew up just fine.

Originally Posted by RAS
Congrads RAS, it was to warm for me to wear my red & black wool coat. I took a 11pt. Opening morning. My buddy saw 2 does, I tagged out on bucks but had a doe tag. Saw a button buck that evening and nothing the next day. My crew by home out of 11 hunters so far shot 3 bucks and 2 does, not many deer seen, one nice bear walked by a buddy. Taking a couple of days off but still hope to fill my doe tag. I can't post pics but could text them if someone want to post them. Also my buck was covered with small ticks, didn't see them till on the way home yesterday. I dropped him off at Ebles!
I've had zero for bigger bucks on camera this year, but lots of younger ones, such as a pair of 8's, a pair of nice 6's, a couple lopsided 5's and 2-3 4 pointers and spikes.

I was walking up to the house at 11 AM this morning when one of the 8's appeared, pushing 4 does. When I saw him, I thought he was a new buck because he appeared bigger than he did on camera, so I snapped off a shot at about 45 yards, dropping him. There was a bit of ground shrinkage when compared to my first glance of him, but he's a good bodied deer and will cook up nicely.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Nice work Skut
The opening couple days were tough for keeping the deer moving around us. Here and there small doe groups were kind of bouncing around from browsing locations but seemed like bucks found some brush and laid low. The front that came through on Friday and the cold nights seemed to help. Tonight this one came out in the corner of a field I was watching hoping to get a crack at a big doe. He didn’t appear like he was going to be hanging around long so when he and the doe he was keen on paused before heading into a fence row, I took the shot.

Rangefinder said it was 310yds. He spun back the way he came from and went about 75yds. Was hunting with a 6.5x55 Fieldcraft.

Went up to the house and got my son who was pretty fired up to be my search party.

Originally Posted by bruinruin
I've had zero for bigger bucks on camera this year, but lots of younger ones, such as a pair of 8's, a pair of nice 6's, a couple lopsided 5's and 2-3 4 pointers and spikes.

I was walking up to the house at 11 AM this morning when one of the 8's appeared, pushing 4 does. When I saw him, I thought he was a new buck because he appeared bigger than he did on camera, so I snapped off a shot at about 45 yards, dropping him. There was a bit of ground shrinkage when compared to my first glance of him, but he's a good bodied deer and will cook up nicely.

Congrats, Bruiruin! Big-bodied deer. 👍🏻
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Wind
Originally Posted by bruinruin

Congrats, Bruiruin! Big-bodied deer. 👍🏻
Thank you. It was about 142 lbs on my game scale after gutting.

I tagged out tonight on what I thought was the 8 point I'd been getting pictures of this week, but it was getting dim and he was walking with a purpose so I let one fly from my new 6mm ARC. He turned out to be one of the 6 pointers I've also been getting pictures of. While I've shot 9's, 8's and 7's and a bunch of smaller bucks, I've never gotten a 6 pointer, so this is a first for me, plus it means that the 8 point, hopefully, will live to see next season and make a spawn of little clones of himself.

6mmARC Howa mini-

Today's buck-

I'll be sleeping without setting an alarm tonight for the first time in 12 days. 🙂
© 24hourcampfire