Home
https://www.facebook.com/reel/1809479412815495?s=yWDuG2&fs=e&mibextid=Nif5oz
So what killed the deer if the bullet just penetrated a fraction of an inch?
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I don't know?, maybe some guy with a 260 Remington....
Looks .30 cal to me.
Who doesn't gut a deer before dragging? Is it law in some States to present whole?
The deer is dead, couldn’t have been to much of a problem.
300 BO?
Originally Posted by RAM
Who doesn't gut a deer before dragging? Is it law in some States to present whole?
I dont gut a deer at all. Gutless method. Only the meat and horns if a buck will leave with me after killing one
Originally Posted by ldholton
I don't know?, maybe some guy with a 260 Remington....
haha!
I have Crudmoors. They kill as well as the magnum cannons I own.
Originally Posted by RAM
I notice in the south whole is the way they remove deer, in both Carolinas. In the northeast we gut in the woods. That has been my experience, hunting Maine, Connecticut and New York.
That looks like an exit wound where the bullet tumbled and reversed before the exit and hung in the hide.
Road kill deer and some Cops 9mm? Explains the no gutting too ??
Reckon that bullet was tumbling as it passed through from the other side, and the base of the bullet got through the skin, but the mushroom kept it from exiting? laugh
Exit wound. Can see the edge of the mushroom just below protruding base of bullet.
That bullet's fully expanded.

It went through something.
Originally Posted by VaHunter
That looks like an exit wound where the bullet tumbled and reversed before the exit and hung in the hide.

Great minds. You beat me on the send button.

But it doesn't quite provide the level of drama does it? smile
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Reckon that bullet was tumbling as it passed through from the other side, and the base of the bullet got through the skin, but the mushroom kept it from exiting? laugh
Beat me to it..
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by RAM
I dont gut a deer at all. Gutless method. Only the meat and horns if a buck will leave with me after killing one
By "meat" you mean Backstraps?

You can see where a bit of the copper flower poked through about3/8" below the base.
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by RAM

Nope.

You can take virtually all the meat without opening up the guts.

Great minds. You beat me on the send button.

But it doesn't quite provide the level of drama does it? smile

I think most everyone knew what they were seeing but like you said providing a little drama is what the "campfire" is about I guess.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
That bullet's fully expanded.

It went through something.

If it was an ELD X……the only contact needed is air! 😉 memtb
what a stupid fake video.... anyone can take a fired bullet and shove it into a deer...

I have seen this on several deer that I have killed. Bullet turned around caught by hide on the off side. In one case, a 20 ga. Winchester Platinum tip with the rear end sticking out exactly like that. Another hunter I stopped to talk with noticed a shiny spot on the side of the deer that I had not noticed before. Ended up being that bullet with the butt end sticking out of the hide.
Originally Posted by Sako
what a stupid fake video.... anyone can take a fired bullet and shove it into a deer...

Most likely the exit wound with the bullet caught.
Originally Posted by Sako
I was thinking the same thing. Not a bit of blood on that bullet? Click bait for revenue. Worked on all of us too didn't it?
Idholton: Scam-o-rama this!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I had that happen to me once with a 22 Hornet on a very large groundhog. I was using Winchester 45gr at about 125yds. DRT but the bullet looked exactly like that on the off side.
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by RAM
I take it all. Debone before I pack it up on my back. Pretty great way of doing it when you have chit for knees lol
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

😁😂😂🤣🤣🤣😛
Originally Posted by jorgeI

I had that happen to me once with a 22 Hornet on a very large groundhog. I was using Winchester 45gr at about 125yds. DRT but the bullet looked exactly like that on the off side.

I saw it happen once with a 350-grain Woodleigh bullet from a .416 wildcat, muzzle velocity around 2400 fps. The deer was a fallow-deer doe weighing around 90 pounds on the hoof, and the shot was quartering away at less than 100 yards. The bullet entered the left rear ribs and was caught, backwards, in the skin over the right shoulder.
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by RAM
I take it all. Debone before I pack it up on my back. Pretty great way of doing it when you have chit for knees lol
Have at it dude. Sounds to me like bringing the gas station to my truck. Packing out a Moose wasn't fun that was 8 pieces. Fully process in the woods on the ground. No thank you.
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by RAM

Or if anytime you have a 3 mile hike to the vehicle.
Originally Posted by RAM

Don’t gut til hanging up don’t want to drag it thru the dirt and crap and way easier standing up for me
man I see a few people still lack a sense of humor especially for Friday!!
One of the people I hunt with shot an 8 point with a 6.5 Creed opening morning. It dropped dead. They started texting friends about the kill and looked up and the buck jumped up and ran off. 2 small drops of blood on the ground and no more that we could find.
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
One of the people I hunt with shot an 8 point with a 6.5 Creed opening morning. It dropped dead. They started texting friends about the kill and looked up and the buck jumped up and ran off. 2 small drops of blood on the ground and no more that we could find.

Mighta been an opossum he shot...
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by RAM
Have at it dude. Sounds to me like bringing the gas station to my truck. Packing out a Moose wasn't fun that was 8 pieces. Fully process in the woods on the ground. No thank you.

Biden voter^^^^^^
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by RAM

Or if anytime you have a 3 mile hike to the vehicle.
Yeah, which is almost every time where we hunt. Always miles back in
Lots of dumb hunters don't know bullets tumble. Gran-pappy didn't tell them that lol
Probably a ELD or VLD…..just throwing a little fuel on the fire. 😀
Last Saturday, my S-I-Ls 89 year old father shot a small deer, and his son had it boned out and in the truck in 20 minutes or so. Left the offal and bones in the woods. Said it was the easiest way to get a critter out of the woods. I surely won't criticize that method, it seemed to be the smartest and easiest way to get things done.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

It actually looks like some p.o.s. copper bullet....
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

It actually looks like some p.o.s. copper bullet....

Maybe but since I only use the TSX or TTSX, the HOLY GRAIL of hunting bullets, I know that it ain’t them with their “driving bands”.

In any case I was just being a smart ass because you and guys before you are correct as I believe that bullet traveled through that deer and was caught backwards in the hide. 👍🏼
You can say what you want about the 6.5 Creedmoor. I don't own or shoot one but, have heard a few bad stories, concerning hunting. The 6.5 mm (.264") is a good diameter bullet with high sectional densities. It's been killing game and has killed a lot of enemy soldiers. But, I personally think it's a little slow in the Creedmoor case.
That looks bigger than 6.5 to me. It looks like it’s at least .30Cal but perspectives are weird.
He got better penetration then the last deer I shot with the Manbun, my bullet actually bounced off!
That’s the exit side.
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by RAM

Or ianytime you have a 3 mile hike to the vehicle.
Yeah, which is almost every time where we hunt. Always miles back in

Pretty easy to tell who in this discussion is the road hunter and who is not....
I'm calling this BS.
Originally Posted by Sako76
He got better penetration then the last deer I shot with the Manbun, my bullet actually bounced off!
,😁

Thanks for nothing, dimbulb. You can't see the article unless you sign up for facebook.

Died of Embarrassment form being hit with a Creedmore
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Thanks for nothing, dimbulb. You can't see the article unless you sign up for facebook.
well if I knew how to make it from a different link I would but I don't. or I would do it just especially for you.
Originally Posted by funshooter

Died of Embarrassment form being hit with a Creedmore
🤣🤣🤣
Yep, The hide barely caught that one. It was either a bonded bullet or a long shot since there is still a lot of shank left to that bullet.
© 24hourcampfire