Home
Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer convicted of murdering George Floyd, was stabbed by another inmate and seriously injured Friday at a federal prison in Arizona, a person familiar with the matter told The Associated Press.

The attack happened at the Federal Correctional Institution, Tucson, a medium-security prison that has been plagued by security lapses and staffing shortages. The person was not authorized to publicly discuss details of the attack and spoke to the AP on the condition of anonymity.

The Bureau of Prisons confirmed that an incarcerated person was assaulted at FCI Tucson at around 12:30 p.m. local time Friday. In a statement, the agency said responding employees contained the incident and performed “life-saving measures” before the inmate, who it did not name, was taken to a hospital for further treatment and evaluation.

No employees were injured and the FBI was notified, the Bureau of Prisons said. Visiting at the facility, which has about 380 inmates, has been suspended.

Messages seeking comment were left with Chauvin’s lawyers and the FBI.

Chauvin’s stabbing is the second high-profile attack on a federal prisoner in the last five months. In July, disgraced sports doctor Larry Nassar was stabbed by a fellow inmate at a federal penitentiary in Florida.

It is also the second major incident at the Tucson federal prison in a little over a year. In November 2022, an inmate at the facility’s low-security prison camp pulled out a gun and attempted to shoot a visitor in the head. The weapon, which the inmate shouldn’t have had, misfired and no one was hurt.

Chauvin, 47, was sent to FCI Tucson from a maximum-security Minnesota state prison in August 2022 to simultaneously serve a 21-year federal sentence for violating Floyd’s civil rights and a 22½-year state sentence for second-degree murder.

Chauvin’s lawyer, Eric Nelson, had advocated for keeping him out of general population and away from other inmates, anticipating he’d be a target. In Minnesota, Chauvin was mainly kept in solitary confinement “largely for his own protection,” Nelson wrote in court papers last year.

Last week, the U.S. Supreme Court rejected Chauvin’s appeal of his murder conviction. Separately, Chauvin is making a longshot bid to overturn his federal guilty plea, claiming new evidence shows he didn’t cause Floyd’s death.

Floyd, who was Black, died on May 25, 2020, after Chauvin, who is white, pressed a knee on his neck for 9½ minutes on the street outside a convenience store where Floyd was suspected of trying to pass a counterfeit $20 bill.

Bystander video captured Floyd’s fading cries of “I can’t breathe.” His death touched off protests worldwide, some of which turned violent, and forced a national reckoning with police brutality and racism.

Three other former officers who were at the scene received lesser state and federal sentences for their roles in Floyd’s death.

Chauvin’s stabbing comes as the federal Bureau of Prisons has faced increased scrutiny in recent years following wealthy financier Jeffrey Epstein’s jail suicide in 2019. It’s another example of the agency’s inability to keep even its highest profile prisoners safe after Nassar’s stabbing and “Unabomber” Ted Kaczynski’s suicide at a federal medical center in June.

An ongoing AP investigation has uncovered deep, previously unreported flaws within the Bureau of Prisons, the Justice Department’s largest law enforcement agency with more than 30,000 employees, 158,000 inmates and an annual budget of about $8 billion.

AP reporting has revealed rampant sexual abuse and other criminal conduct by staff, dozens of escapes, chronic violence, deaths and severe staffing shortages that have hampered responses to emergencies, including inmate assaults and suicides.

Bureau of Prisons Director Colette Peters was brought in last year to reform the crisis-plagued agency. She vowed to change archaic hiring practices and bring new transparency, while emphasizing that the agency’s mission is “to make good neighbors, not good inmates.”

Testifying before the Senate Judiciary Committee in September, Peters touted steps she’d taken to overhaul problematic prisons and beef up internal affairs investigations. This month, she told a House Judiciary subcommittee that hiring had improved and that new hires were outpacing retirements and other departures.

But Peters has also irritated lawmakers who said she reneged on her promise to be candid and open with them. In September, senators scolded her for forcing them to wait more than a year for answers to written questions and for claiming that she couldn’t answer basic questions about agency operations, like how many correctional officers are on staff.

And the FBI is investigating? I’m sure the conclusion will be attempted suicide.
Regardless of whether he is or isn't guilty, shankin him is a big boon for the other Jack asses locked up..... my buddy is a guard at San Quentin and the same deal with Scott Peterson...... guys lining up to fugg him up.....it's a trophy to them.
sounds to me like they figured out what's currently going on and they're about to release him from prison so somebody got really pissed off.. bunch of liberals and [bleep] in jail..
The people of Minneapolis are going to learn what's life is like once the predators realize that the police can't do their job without being persecuted.
Liberals don't ever want him getting out, no matter what.
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
It is also the second major incident at the Tucson federal prison in a little over a year. In November 2022, an inmate at the facility’s low-security prison camp pulled out a gun and attempted to shoot a visitor in the head. The weapon, which the inmate shouldn’t have had, misfired and no one was hurt.

LoL. We have to close the "prison loophole". Kinda like the gun show loophole, only different.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people of Minneapolis are going to learn what's life is like once the predators realize that the police can't do their job without being persecuted.

So far, they don’t seem to mind.
Originally Posted by bellydeep

So far, they don’t seem to mind.

This guy does.

https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/n...stigating-an-armed-robbery-and-shooting/
This guy too.

https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/news/man-60-dies-following-a-shooting-in-north-minneapolis/
I sense a trend.

https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/news/34-year-old-man-shot-killed-overnight-in-minneapolis/
Uh-oh!

https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/n...lis-the-citys-fourth-shooting-in-3-days/
Omar Brown would have liked to have Derek Chauvin around.

https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/news/omar-brown-dies-north-minneapolis-shooting/
Yep! Killin' is back in style in Minneapolis. But at least they got Derek Chauvin off the streets.
Should we assume that some folks up in Minneapolis have decided that it is better to "kill or be killed" than to deal with the challenge of having actual law enforcement officers? Is this trending?
30 % loss of leos in Minneapolis since they made GF a fookin hero.
Just add it to the bill that they are gonna stick on the Minneapolis taxpayers.....
Instead of prison Chauvin should have received a promotion and a raise.

Surreal….

Dhaha Hayi Hassan….. stoned out of his gourd

Dang...

And I was about to move to Minneapolis and hang-out with my bestest buddy She-Steve.
Lots of cops quit after the conviction. If you can't physically restrain resisting criminal arrestees in the hood without having to worry about going to prison because he died of a drug overdose in the process, you really can't do that job.
Originally Posted by Winchester21

Like being made Chief of Police? He'd have gotten my vote.

Left the twin cities 28 years ago, would never go back...

They have elected over and over what the DFL wants people to elect.

The corruption up there was off the charts, even back when "Minnesota Nice" still existed...

When I moved there in 79, Minnesota was a wonderful place, but Leftist Liberalism destroyed EVERY ONE of
the good points about it. That is why I left there...
When will Tarqueen and Sycamore be along to cheer and applaud?
Originally Posted by Seafire

The corruption up there was off the charts, even back when "Minnesota Nice" still existed...

When I moved there in 79, Minnesota was a wonderful place, but Leftist Liberalism destroyed EVERY ONE of

And moved to Oregon?
How can someone say “I can’t breathe.” repeatedly if they can’t breath?
Chauvin is a sacrifice to the woke mob. You can’t have him breathing when it’s now common knowledge the conviction was based on a lie.
Hope he wins a big azz lawsuit. YUGE.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Follow the science.

You need to watch the video that is out on the whole thing. Floyd was saying "I can't breath" long before Officer Chauvin even showed up.
Originally Posted by drop_point
Chauvin is a sacrifice to the woke mob. You can’t have him breathing when it’s now common knowledge the conviction was based on a lie.
This. He will never live long enough to complete his sentence, or appeal. Supposedly a low security jail or some such nonsense.
Yep. It was likely arranged that this guy have access to him with a shiv.
What does the deep state have to gain by killing him.

They would get much more bang for their Buck if they overturned his conviction, released him, then instigated mass riots all across America making the past few years look like a day in the park.

They could have every major city on fire in less than 24 hours.
Originally Posted by steve4102

Demoralize the nation's police--promote crime and violence--further breakdown American society and culture.
I'm going to donate to Chauvin's freedom fund.

They would get much more bang for their Buck if they overturned his conviction, released him, then instigated mass riots all across America making the past few years look like a day in the park.

That would actually be really fun to watch.

Kinda like "24 Hour Campfire goes to the city"...
why ....

Demoralize the nation's police--promote crime and violence--further breakdown American society and culture.
Acquitting him and releasing him would do that all in less than 24 hours, the whole country would be lit on fire.

Acquitting him and releasing him would do that all in less than 24 hours, the whole country would be lit on fire.

No. It would strengthen the resolve of those who have had enough of that nonsense. And, since the vast majority of it would be occurring in the big, leftist urban centers, it would have the effect of altering the opinions of the leftists who reside there.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

The few encounters I have had with law enforcement over the past 15 or so years does not convince me that law enforcement lives up to their motto “To serve and protect”. More likely their motto is “everyone is breaking a law, it is my job to figure out what law you are breaking”. That being said, I agree with both the above comments. I think Chauvin is a victim and being punished excessively for his poor judgement. I also think the people being prosecuted and retained over the January 6 protests are victims same as Randy Weaver, the Branch Davidians and others.

I think the tapes reveal Derek Chauvin was extremely pleased with himself for single handedly detaining a much larger man and a knee grow to boot, and I don’t think he should be a police officer. But I also think his trial was a scam and he is being punished excessively. I can’t believe his being stabbed was a random act of violence without staff knowing it was going to happen. With Chauvin dead we can start getting rid of the January 6 protestors.
Originally Posted by Tyrone

^ THIS ^ me too !
Originally Posted by pete53
Originally Posted by Tyrone

^ THIS ^ me too !

GiveSendGo
great post. watching the tape the cops made such a major event over what he did. 4 guys could not restrain one hand cuffed guy. chauvin hears the groids screaming at him and still kept his knee on him. not saying he knew he would die but you cant use that procedure with all those people there
Acquitting him and releasing him... the whole country would be lit on fire.

You seem very concerned about that...

Do you live in democratic chithole city per chance?

Mmm I doubt the whole country.. I never heard of any riots in Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa, well you get the idea ..

This ^^
A republican is about to get into the Whitehouse. The political left needs all of those illegals to be rioting in the streets when he or she says GO HOME, NOW !! to every last one of them. Either that the democRATs are going to start WWIII and will need those illegals in the army because American boys and girls are telling Joe, "I'm not joining your army no matter how much you beg and plead".

kwg
Originally Posted by deflave

Follow the science.

Didn’t know liberals had such special science. LOL!
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Dang...

And I was about to move to Minneapolis and hang-out with my bestest buddy She-Steve.

Twin City whiner.
Originally Posted by 79S

Mmm I doubt the whole country.. I never heard of any riots in Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa, well you get the idea ..

Or Florida. The second they started down here the cops tuned them up.
Originally Posted by kwg020
This ^^
A republican is about to get into the Whitehouse. The political left needs all of those illegals to be rioting in the streets when he or she says GO HOME, NOW !! to every last one of them. Either that the democRATs are going to start WWIII and will need those illegals in the army because American boys and girls are telling Joe, "I'm not joining your army no matter how much you beg and plead".

kwg

I will kindly ask you to clarify your statement above, before I offer a response...

My initial read is that you are in support of appeasing communists and terrorists...

But I am certain I am wrong about that...
Originally Posted by 45_100
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

The few encounters I have had with law enforcement over the past 15 or so years does not convince me that law enforcement lives up to their motto “To serve and protect”. More likely their motto is “everyone is breaking a law, it is my job to figure out what law you are breaking”. That being said, I agree with both the above comments. I think Chauvin is a victim and being punished excessively for his poor judgement. I also think the people being prosecuted and retained over the January 6 protests are victims same as Randy Weaver, the Branch Davidians and others.

I think the tapes reveal Derek Chauvin was extremely pleased with himself for single handedly detaining a much larger man and a knee grow to boot, and I don’t think he should be a police officer. But I also think his trial was a scam and he is being punished excessively. I can’t believe his being stabbed was a random act of violence without staff knowing it was going to happen. With Chauvin dead we can start getting rid of the January 6 protestors.

Cops are like owning a mean ass Pit Bull. You have to be careful around it. But it keeps the schittbirds in check--if it's allowed to do its job.

Derek Chauvin can drop by my house any time he wants. I wouldn't have put out the welcome mat for George Floyd.

If his conviction were overturned, there may be some perceived semblance of justice by the boys in blue. Keeping him behind bars and murdering him only works to demoralize the good guys and scare them into not doing their job.
This ^^

kwg

I will kindly ask you to clarify your statement above, before I offer a response...

My initial read is that you are in support of appeasing communists and terrorists...

You are wrong. I have been saying for some time now (months) that the democRAT party is desperate to stay in power and nothing will stop them from "winning".

This includes what they are doing at the border and in America's court houses and court rooms. I believe these plans have been in motion since Ronald Reagan beat Jimmy Carter.

Just edited to add WWII kept Roosevelt in power for 3 terms. A 2nd term of a democRAT now will accomplish all of the extreme left's goals. WWIII for the democRATs will do it in 2 terms and any illegal that agrees to join the military will suddenly become a citizen and so will any member of their family. All thanks to the extreme leftist democRATs. How many old folks still think Roosevelt was the greatest president of all times ?? Or did before they passed. The memory of Roosevelt and Kennedy are the only things that kept the deomcRAT party alive after 1968.

Newt Gingerich agrees with me. Take a few minutes to watch the video. He explains it in detail. I don't know why some of you guys haven't seen this coming. TDS is the diversion. The democRATs don't want you to see what they are doing or currently how they feel about conservative Americans and how they plan to destroy America and turn it into a socialist country and stay in power forever.

This ^^

kwg

You are wrong. I have been saying for some time now (months) that the democRAT party is desperate to stay in power and nothing will stop them from "winning".

This includes what they are doing at the border and in America's court houses and court rooms. I believe these plans have been in motion since Ronald Reagan beat Jimmy Carter.

Just edited to add WWII kept Roosevelt in power for 3 terms. A 2nd term of a democRAT now will accomplish all of the extreme left's goals. WWIII for the democRATs will do it in 2 terms and any illegal that agrees to join the military will suddenly become a citizen and so will any member of their family. All thanks to the extreme leftist democRATs. How many old folks still think Roosevelt was the greatest president of all times ?? Or did before they passed. The memory of Roosevelt and Kennedy are the only things that kept the deomcRAT party alive after 1968.

Newt Gingerich agrees with me. Take a few minutes to watch the video. He explains it in detail. I don't know why some of you guys haven't seen this coming. TDS is the diversion. The democRATs don't want you to see what they are doing or currently how they feel about conservative Americans and how they plan to destroy America and turn it into a socialist country and stay in power forever.

"I don't know why some of you guys haven't seen this coming."

Too busy ignoring the message and attacking the messenger.

It's easier to stick ones head in the sand and ignore the obvious than to admit that the problem exists.
All part of the plan, the regime wants him murdered. For social justice don't you know.
For RAM
I agreed with KWG in another thread and agree with him here. Democraps are so close to achieving their goal they can smell the victory. They will do whatever is necessary. Going to get very interesting the next 12 months.
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
And the FBI is investigating? I’m sure the conclusion will be attempted suicide.

Because they want to make it look like they didn’t have anything to do with it.
Originally Posted by ldholton
sounds to me like they figured out what's currently going on and they're about to release him from prison so somebody got really pissed off...

Yep
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Seafire

And moved to Oregon?

Right! Lol
His defense attorney should have never agreed to seat those limp-wristed jurors.
As long as they keep putting him in gen-pop, his days are numbered...... this part has zero to do with deep state politics or whatever..... the animals inside will kill him for street cred plain and simple.
This one hasn't been convicted yet so supporters may be able to keep him out of prison.

https://www.themarshallproject.org/records/7106-gerald-goines
© 24hourcampfire