Home
Stopped by my Toyota Dealer yesterday for an oil change on Laura's Sienna...

Those guy love us...

I got on the list for the new LC...

LOL...

Trading a Sienna (and a few dollars) for what is going to be the most sought after vehicle in America here shortly...

https://www.toyota.com/upcoming-vehicles/landcruiser/
My Son in Law just bought a 2021 model for my Daughter and Grandson to use. That thing is a tank!

He wanted something that would offer them protection in the event of a collision. I think it will do the job. A Corolla definitely doesn't want to run into it.
I’m waiting on electric version so my Pacifica doesn’t feel lonely.
What is the price running on the new ones?
Originally Posted by g5m
What is the price running on the new ones?

Being "Marketed" at $50k...

About the same price as a kinda deluxe Prius.
If you have to ask...LOL
I like the retro look. I'd rather have a bench in front and put the shifter on the column, though.
They're a far cry from the real thing.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
They're a far cry from the real thing.

You know this how?

You a test Engineer for Toyota?

Or just an idiot that renders a summary opinion from a picture on the Web?
I have the 2007 LX version. I can do math.
Sure doesn’t look like my 79.
Guess I’m not in Kansas anymore.

Osky
Originally Posted by Osky
Sure doesn’t look like my 79.
Guess I’m not in Kansas anymore.

Osky

I just looked at a new one...online of course.

The styling would take some getting used to....is all I'm saying.
Looks like a nice ride. My guess is Toyota will only build the higher end models for the first couple of years. This will keep the price around $60K or more before dealer mark ups.
A 2.4L turbo hybrid.

Hope they have better luck with it than the tundras did with their new turbo motors.

I like older Toyota’s. Toyota of today has seemingly jumped the shark. Time will tell.
4 cylinder and electric motor. I think I'll pass.
Let em work out the kinks of the 1st Gen models and i might be interested for a family vehicle.
I thought long and hard on buying one recently but passed. I got a decent deal on a Bronco instead.
4 Cyl ??????????
Been in and out of lust with this one for the past few weeks...

https://www.rochestertoyota.com/used-Rochester+-2016-Toyota-Land+Cruiser-Base+4WD-JTMCY7AJ6G4041841
Congrats!

Glad to know that the price has dropped. It had been way up there.

It looks more narrow than the previous model. Do you know how the dimensions compare to the prior model?
Originally Posted by AdventureBound
Congrats!

It looks more narrow than the previous model. Do you know how the dimensions compare to the prior model?

It's a re-trimmed FJ Cruiser, nowhere near the truck the older 'Cruisers are.
I bet it turns out to be a great vehicle. Toyota has a knack for making products that last.
Tikklerlover is having an orgasm..... lol
Should have been called the RAV 5e.
I thought a Landcruiser was a $100k or more. At least they were before they discontinued them. This isn’t one if it is half that.
Congrats!

Exactly. This newest version LC has less ground clearance than a 4Runner.
I haven't done any research but I think it's just the Land Cruiser Prado that the rest of the world has always had and we were only offered as the Lexus GX series.
The new GX550 looks identical.
I doubt it's going to be as robust as a 200 series or now the 300 series that the rest of the world still gets but still better than any POS SUV put out by Detroit.
If you're looking for a good mid sized capable off road wagon and don't want a 4runner, why not.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
3rd row seat?
They sure use a lot of words to avoid saying IFS. I am sure the wokesters will love it!
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Should have been called the RAV 5e.

Thinking more like RAV 4 1/2. Which is OK, but not the same animal as the ones made just a few year ago.
I thought of getting one, but the tailgate window does not go down like my 4Runner, and I like the ventilation. It has a lot less wind buffeting with that back window cracked. And maybe a better reason, my lab likes that back window down for sniffing. I might get a 2024 4Runner before it gets a hybrid engine. I know the current generation 4runner is bulletproof. 4.0L engine is crazy reliable.
Originally Posted by earlybrd
3rd row seat?
Only if you buy it as the Lexus gx550 can you get 7 seater. It has a 6cyl turbo over the cruisers 4cyl turbo and arguably a little more off-road features if you get the GX overtrail package.
Originally Posted by sactoller
They sure use a lot of words to avoid saying IFS. I am sure the wokesters will love it!
They haven’t had a solid front axel since the 80 series.
We have a 200 series after having 3 sequoias, and it’s the most solid feeling vehicle I’ve ever been in. It just turned 60,000 and the wife only puts maybe 8,000 miles a year on a vehicle so we’ll probably own it for most of the rest of our lives.
Originally Posted by cisco1
4 Cyl ??????????

You every driven a Toyota 4 Hybrid?
If is sucks... I will sell to a Vegan for $20k profit.

Jeez...
Congrats!

PREZACTLY.
Originally Posted by jeeper

Yep. Hard pass. And about as gay as a $3 bill. 🤪
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

It ain't my fault you are a Mexican brokedick...

Embrace the tech...
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Embrace the tech...

Did I hit a little too close to home there, son !
Swing and a Miss there Cashless. Must be taking Loser Lessons from AlwaysInDoors.?

Run along now. Probably time for ya to fire off some more warning shots at the FedX Rastafarians. 😂
It’s funny what there trying to pass off as a Landcruiser nowadays

Embrace the tech...

Did I hit a little too close to home there, son !
Swing and a Miss there Cashless. Must be taking Loser Lessons from AlwaysInDoors.?

Run along now. Probably time for ya to fire off some more warning shots at the FedX Rastafarians. 😂

I love how folks edit and re-edit...

When they try to respond to me.

Texas brokedick...
Hey Chillidick...

How many miles you have in the new 2024 Land Crusier?
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I haven't done any research but I think it's just the Land Cruiser Prado that the rest of the world has always had and we were only offered as the Lexus GX series.
I doubt it's going to be as robust as a 200 series or now the 300 series that the rest of the world still gets but still better than any POS SUV put out by Detroit.

Yes, this is correct. What the OP is looking at is what we know as the replacement for the current Prado. The Landcruiser 300 series is a a good deal bigger than the current Prado, and much more powerful. The new Prado has grown a bit, but still doesn't have the power of the 300 series (both are turbo diesels here).

Here in Oz there are actually three distinct lines: the Landcruiser 300 series, the Prado, and the 70 series.
Or is just a Texas thing...

To speak out of your ass when you know absolutely NOTHING about the topic that was presented for discussion?

To speak out of your ass when you know absolutely NOTHING about the topic that was presented for discussion?

LMAO. Rich coming from the Campfire King of talking outta his ass. The Butt Hurt runs deep in ole Cashless!
😂😂😂
Hey Chillidick...

LMAO! I don’t drive chick coupes. Have fun in yours. 😂

LMAO. Rich coming from the Campfire King of talking outta his ass. The Butt Hurt runs deep in ole Cashless!
😂😂😂

Enthrall me with your vast wisdom...

ANY THING...

Make brokedick Texas proud!

*Mind the constant edits and re-edits...
Hey Chillidick...

LMAO! I don’t drive chick coupes. Have fun in yours. 😂

What do you drive?

Kia?
FYI... that was bait!
Stud up Chillidick...

Grand Marquis are uber...
FYI... that was bait!

LMAO. You couldn’t bait anything but your asswhole for a round of CornHole VA style. 😂
FYI... that was bait!

LMAO. You couldn’t bait anything but your asswhole for a round of CornHole VA style. 😂

SO... Brokedick...

What ya drive?
You are the stupid fugg... that stuck his nose in this thread...

What ya drive?

A Brokedick Buick?
Originally Posted by dan_oz

Yes, this is correct. What the OP is looking at is what we know as the replacement for the current Prado. The Landcruiser 300 series is a a good deal bigger than the current Prado, and much more powerful. The new Prado has grown a bit, but still doesn't have the power of the 300 series (both are turbo diesels here).

Here in Oz there are actually three distinct lines: the Landcruiser 300 series, the Prado, and the 70 series.

If I could buy a 70 series Landcruiser here like this, I’d gladly drive it til I died.

Until then I’ll drive the 200 series, my tundra and my taco [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Actually quite a few out there JM...

I got to looking a week ago...

Damn cheap IMHO...

Best bargain in used vehicles available.
Purposefully designed to last 25 years driven off road daily with little to no maintenance. Built in a dedicated factory by handpicked workers. Nothing else compares

What ya drive?

A Brokedick Buick?

LMAO. If you’re gonna be that sensitive about purchasing a gay mobile, maybe you should have posted it on DemoRat Underground.
You’ve already mastered their art of Projection and Deflection.
Maybe you should’ve went ahead and just bought a ……………………SUBARU! 😂😂👍🏻
Best bargain in used vehicles available.
Purposefully designed to last 25 years driven off road daily with little to no maintenance. Built in a dedicated factory by handpicked workers. Nothing else compares

Best vehicles ever made. Biggest problem is rust. Gotta make sure the seller didn't just undercoat over rust to make it look good. The Landcruiser versions command more money than the Lexus for some reason.

Those guy love us...

LOL...

Trading a Sienna (and a few dollars) for what is going to be the most sought after vehicle in America here shortly...

Cool
I'm planning to get the 1958 version as my daily driver for when the grandkids are with me. My 21 Bronco is an off road toy and my 12 Tacoma is getting long in the tooth.
Also, I don't give a crap what others think of what I drive. They ain't borrowing it and I'm not giving rides. If you like it, drive it and leave it at that.
The new Land Cruiser will increase the value of the previous generation of Land Cruisers. The new LC looks like [bleep] to me. And, FFS, a 4 cylinder. Damn.
If I could buy a 70 series Landcruiser here like this, I’d gladly drive it til I died.

Yes, they certainly have the longevity. Very capable offroad too. I've done a fair bit of mileage in them under a wide range of conditions, from highway to sand ridges to mud to rocky tracks. You do give away a fair bit in creature comforts and any modern conveniences, and they aren't so great around the 'burbs or on the freeway, but that isn't the point of them.

FWIW I recently took delivery of an Ineos Grenadier, which is aimed at a similar sort of usage profile, but it is a long way ahead of the 70 series in most respects - other than the fact that Cruisers have such a massive installed base.
Originally Posted by Marley7x57
The new Land Cruiser will increase the value of the previous generation of Land Cruisers. The new LC looks like [bleep] to me. And, FFS, a 4 cylinder. Damn.

They are squeezing a lot of power out of that little motor. It will remain to be seen what the durability is like.

They aren't offering it in Oz. They are instead using the same 2.8 turbodiesel as is in the current Prado, which is well-proven if not the most powerful in its class. They are adding 48V electric to it, to give (fairly minimal) hybrid assistance. It is a bit of a pity that they aren't offering the 3.3 V6 turbodiesel that is in the 300 series, but I guess they don't want to cannibalise too many sales from the full-size 'Cruiser.
Originally Posted by dan_oz

They are squeezing a lot of power out of that little motor. It will remain to be seen what the durability is like.

They aren't offering it in Oz. They are instead using the same 2.8 turbodiesel as is in the current Prado, which is well-proven if not the most powerful in its class. They are adding 48V electric to it, to give (fairly minimal) hybrid assistance. It is a bit of a pity that they aren't offering the 3.3 V6 turbodiesel that is in the 300 series, but I guess they don't want to cannibalise too many sales from the full-size 'Cruiser.

I would have liked to see the turbo 6 cylinder in the LC250. Would have probably purchased it then.
Just can't see myself going to an EV or Hybrid. Happy with my 4Runner.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Yeah well it's the same motor as the '24 Tacoma plus hybrid supposed to get a combined 27mpg has more torque and nearly as much HP as my old 5.7 Tundra.
Congrats!

Not even. It's the same body on frame as the new Tundra/Sequoia.

Those guy love us...

LOL...

Kinda weirded out. That link is so targeted. The red FJ 62 in the pics is a spittin image of the one I have. I'm gonna order one next week.
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Just can't see myself going to an EV or Hybrid. Happy with my 4Runner.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I like that.
Does it come standard with skinny jeans and a manbun?

What ya drive?

A Brokedick Buick?

SUBARU! 😂😂👍🏻

That's cool...

But, do you really need a Subaru in Texas?

I know there are some hills... but most of the state is flat... or paved.
Originally Posted by JLimbo

Those guy love us...

LOL...

Kinda weirded out. That link is so targeted. The red FJ 62 in the pics is a spittin image of the one I have. I'm gonna order one next week.

No doubt Toyota is trying to ping all the Gens with the new LC.

Ford, Dodge and GM are in free fall collapse over the UAW crap.

Toyotas hold value like crazy... we have bought 5 new ones in the past two years... every one of them has gone up in value 10-20%

If I can cash out on the Sienna (4 cly Hybrid) for $45k +/-... the LC (same DT platform... kinda)... I will.

If the new LC sucks when it comes in... I will pass.

The thread was more about how rare they are going to be... and the frenzy that Toyota is causing...

Kinda like Musk and his wedge of cheese "truck"...

Ya know Musk is laughing his ass off over all the free publicity...

And a perfect reason for me never to purchase one. Comfort of ride is better, capability sucks.

And a perfect reason for me never to purchase one. Comfort of ride is better, capability sucks.

A low mileage, triple locked FJ80 is always something I’m watching for.

Those guy love us...

LOL...

No doubt Toyota is trying to ping all the Gens with the new LC.

Ford, Dodge and GM are in free fall collapse over the UAW crap.

Toyotas hold value like crazy... we have bought 5 new ones in the past two years... every one of them has gone up in value 10-20%

If I can cash out on the Sienna (4 cly Hybrid) for $45k +/-... the LC (same DT platform... kinda)... I will.

If the new LC sucks when it comes in... I will pass.

The thread was more about how rare they are going to be... and the frenzy that Toyota is causing...

Kinda like Musk and his wedge of cheese "truck"...

Ya know Musk is laughing his ass off over all the free publicity...
you are really ripping thru your inheritance

Yeah well it's the same motor as the '24 Tacoma plus hybrid supposed to get a combined 27mpg has more torque and nearly as much HP as my old 5.7 Tundra.

I have owned a V8 4Runner and a V6 4Runner. No matter what the engine specs said, or what the salesmen said, the V8 was a heck of a better performer than the V6. No way that 4 cyl is going to be as good as your 5.7 engine in the long run. Gas mileage, sure, but long term performance - no way.

Capability is relative. No one is buying a new SUV to spend a lifetime on safari. Anyone serious about real offroad use has a highly modified vehicle for that purpose. IFS has been used by almost every full size vehicle since the 80s, excluding the heaviest vehicles made for real work that aren't good off roaders in the first place. IFS is more than capable for all but the most demanding rock crawling.

Most 4wd vehicles never even see a dirt road, much less off road. The new LC will be more than adequate for those buying it and the intended use. For me, it will be a comfortable SUV that will handle winter roads and the occasional back roads while bringing the grandkids along. I'd damn sure rather have the LC than any SUV Ford or Chevy is producing.
As far as fuel efficiency, power, and torque go I’ve got a 2023 Silverado with the 3.0 Duramax. On the highway if I keep it under 80 I get 28 to 30 mpg. Around town it’s 22 mpg. Combo seems to settle in around 24 mpg. It’s got about 320 hp and around 450 fp of torque. It has the same torque as the 6.2 with 450 hp.

I had a fender bender and had to drive loaners with the 4 cylinder. I hated it. The engine sounded like a go cart and got terrible mileage. It seemed like I was always filling up. I’ve driven the 6.2 extensively and it’s a great engine but requires premium gas and it’s thirsty.

It’s only been six months but so far my opinion is that every light truck in the road would be better off with a 3.0 Duramax.
It has some interesting features, the SDM and locking rear and center differential especially. Just a guess, it’ll be $60K out of chute at minimum from dealers here. They tack all kinds of junk on the sticker.

What ya drive?

A Brokedick Buick?

SUBARU! 😂😂👍🏻

That's cool...

LMAO. If you’re gonna be that sensitive about purchasing a gay mobile, maybe you should have posted it on DemoRat Underground.

LMAO !

Poor ole Whiner CashLess had to edit out the TRUTH.

REALLY sucks when the Truth hits home, and you have to edit and deflect like a DemoRat!

Carry on with your Butt Hurt. It’s all ya got. 😂

What ya drive?

A Brokedick Buick?

SUBARU! 😂😂👍🏻

That's cool...

LMAO !

REALLY sucks when the Truth hits home, and you have to edit and deflect like a DemoRat!

You don't drive a Subaru?

What do you drive?

Come on Brokedick...

Own it...
Or you ain't saying... cause it's a secret.

Stupid old Texan...

AGAIN...
Originally Posted by JoeBob
As far as fuel efficiency, power, and torque go I’ve got a 2023 Silverado with the 3.0 Duramax. On the highway if I keep it under 80 I get 28 to 30 mpg. Around town it’s 22 mpg. Combo seems to settle in around 24 mpg. It’s got about 320 hp and around 450 fp of torque. It has the same torque as the 6.2 with 450 hp.

I had a fender bender and had to drive loaners with the 4 cylinder. I hated it. The engine sounded like a go cart and got terrible mileage. It seemed like I was always filling up. I’ve driven the 6.2 extensively and it’s a great engine but requires premium gas and it’s thirsty.

It’s only been six months but so far my opinion is that every light truck in the road would be better off with a 3.0 Duramax.

I've got a '22 GMC Crew 4x4 with the 3.0. Fuel economy as you say, great truck, great ride.
Originally Posted by JoeBob

I've got a '22 GMC Crew 4x4 with the 3.0. Fuel economy as you say, great truck, great ride.

I could see a truck like that being handy.

What ya drive?

A Brokedick Buick?

SUBARU! 😂😂👍🏻

That's cool...

LMAO !

What do you drive?

Come on Brokedick...

Own it...

LOL. I’ll just leave the Gay Mobiles for YOU.
YOU bought it. Now own the GAY. 😂😂😂

What ya drive?

A Brokedick Buick?

SUBARU! 😂😂👍🏻

That's cool...

LMAO !

What do you drive?

Come on Brokedick...

Own it...

Coming from a Subaru driver🙄

Listen Imbecile...

YOU are the loudmouth fugging Texan that stuck YOUR nose in a thread that you admit yourself that you know absolutely nothing about.

Why is that?

Ya needful old fool...

Playing for relevance?

Idiot...

Listen Imbecile...

YOU are the loudmouth fugging Texan that stuck YOUR nose in a thread that you admit yourself that you know absolutely nothing about.

Why is that?

Ya needful old fool...

Playing for relevance?

Idiot...

You needy old fuggs should just be sedated...

Good Lord...

Those guy love us...

LOL...

Like the FJ?

Or the Broncos of which I see an awful lot of in little used car lots....

I wonder if they are like the Cherokee classics that had to cut a ton of interior space in order to accommodate all of the safety and comfort nonsense....my Early Bronco didn't even have a heat when I got it....
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

Those guy love us...

LOL...

Like the FJ?

Or the Broncos of which I see an awful lot of in little used car lots....

I wonder if they are like the Cherokee classics that had to cut a ton of interior space in order to accommodate all of the safety and comfort nonsense....my Early Bronco didn't even have a heat when I got it....

Had an FJ cruiser if that is what you are referring to. It was a great vehicle, but boring. Had no problem selling it. Have a 2dr 21 Bronco, and it is not as good a vehicle, but it is far more fun and easy to modify. The Bronco is utilitarian and not a family rig. I will hang on to it for awhile.

The LC should be nothing like either of them. It is more of a solid family SUV and not a solo rig to abuse. Slightly bigger and more refined than the 4runner. In my opinion anyway and how it will fit into my stable.
I think tikka has something similar or at least as capable.
Ok the Yota version of the Defender 110....

I have seen some really nice classic one around...

I just sort of question the whole waiting list hype thing...
It seems like there is a hot new waiting list every other year these days...
Originally Posted by deflave
I think tikka has something similar or at least as capable.

Toyota and capable should not be in the same sentence.... hahahaahhahaha
I want this one
I want this one

I think this guy put a v6 in. Started following their channel but lost track of their travels.
Hey y'all, I'm gonna buy a RAV 4.5, & it goes 4 pages.

That's the whole point.

When they discontinued the FJ Toyota explained that yearly sales did not warrant a constant stream of these two market. So they introduce new versions as they see fit, and people line about around the globe to get them.

Kinda like the McRib.
Originally Posted by deflave

That's the whole point.

When they discontinued the FJ Toyota explained that yearly sales did not warrant a constant stream of these two market. So they introduce new versions as they see fit, and people line about around the globe to get them.

Kinda like the McRib.

To hear you talk about something you’ll never be able to afford is hilarious.

The McRib is more in your wheelhouse. You might even be able to buy 3 of them, at the same time.

LOL, Pard.

Sorry, I meant brokedick loser.

LOL

🦫
Stud up Chillidick...

Grand Marquis are uber...

Buddy has a 2010 Grand Marquis with 40k miles on it. They are fine riding sleds.
© 24hourcampfire