Home
His wifes visiting her sister down state here who has cancer. So hes relaxing, enjoying his time alone. But he gets visitors from time to time 😁

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That's awesome! Best kind of visitors! Where is that if you don't mind me asking?
Originally Posted by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG
That's awesome! Best kind of visitors! Where is that if you don't mind me asking?

Edge of Clinton and Potter Counties in northern PA
Nice bulls!
Nice mass for sure.
BLAM!!!
Ya hes in a good spot....seen a few quite often this year..

Cool!
Do they have a huntable population?
Had no idea there was Elk like that in Pa. Damn!
Originally Posted by nahma_mich

In most zones yes. Hes put in every year so far for this zone but never got drawn. He keeps tryin tho! I never put in...I figure if I do and got drawn when he hasnt after all this time....he'd disown me πŸ˜…
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Everyone looks toward Benezette....and dont get me wrong theres some monsters over there. But ive seen bigger where we're at.
Thems some horny ol’ bastids.
Any one of those would make quite a mount!
Don't he and you have buddies that get drawn?
Originally Posted by martentrapper
Don't he and you have buddies that get drawn?

Ive never know anyone personally that was drawn(or drew😁) for this zone.
Anyone see something odd in coloration/configuration of the animals in the past 2 photos?
Yep, they remind me of what I have seen behind high fences here in Texas.
Originally Posted by CCCC
Anyone see something odd in coloration/configuration of the animals in the past 2 photos?

Could be from processing. Theyre all cellphone pics he txt me. Those I had to resize, then crop. We both have Samsungs and the camera software sucks. But then again, like I said theyre cellphone pics after all.
I was hunting in that state one time and near Driftwood, we saw a bull that had someone's lights from an outdoor Christmas tree wrapped around his horns. My late wife took several pictures, but I have no clue where they are. Beautiful country.
Originally Posted by pahick

In most zones yes. Hes put in every year so far for this zone but never got drawn. He keeps tryin tho! I never put in...I figure if I do and got drawn when he hasnt after all this time....he'd disown me πŸ˜…

Used to go to the Denton Hills archery shoots back in the 90s and remember talking elk with the F&G guy there at the trailer they had set up. This was back when they HOPED there would be a huntable population some day. Looks like the plan is working, albeit, the 90s was a good while back.

Got em coming on pretty strong in Kentucky on the Kentucky/Virginia border too.
Originally Posted by jackmountain
PAGC puts up a web cam every year on a food plot near the visitors center. This one had my attention a couple years ago. I wonder if he ever got killed. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
This'n was shot less than 1/4 mile from "camp" where dad lives either this year or last, cant remember. There is another one like ole crooked horn runnin around, but havent seen it lately....

Not sure what happened to this one or the other...hit by car or???
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Originally Posted by pahick

Used to go to the Denton Hills archery shoots back in the 90s and remember talking elk with the F&G guy there at the trailer they had set up. This was back when they HOPED there would be a huntable population some day. Looks like the plan is working, albeit, the 90s was a good while back.

Got em coming on pretty strong in Kentucky on the Kentucky/Virginia border too.

Good to hear they got em started there...hope the population grows quick!

I lived west of Denton Hill in Coudersport for 4 yrs. Back then(2002) it was rare to see elk at camp...that zone was no hunting. Now tho they are plentiful. Doesnt take too long.
If you have facebook you can look up Elk County Outfitters.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php/?id=100064707994771

Scroll down youll see 2 of the bulls killed im this zone...zone 14

https://elkcountyoutfitters.com/zone-fourteen

That ^ shows ya 14 map
Lately we have a couple bucks hanging around. Son-in-law got some fun videos of them sparring.
Historically Elk were east of the Mississippi River! As also Bison! Intrusion by humans pushed them westward!!
Nice to see those kind of visitors.
Originally Posted by lynntelk
Nice to see those kind of visitors.

Yes sir! Hopefully I end up somewhere round there once im done this whole work thing... I could stand to see more of those type visitors than the 2 legged kind!
Good Lord, some of those elk have massive horns.
Originally Posted by Cluggins

If they live long enough dont all elk? Lol
Nice, do they cause many problems by eating stuff the locals don't want elk to eat?
That is awesome!
Originally Posted by smokepole
Nice, do they cause many problems by eating stuff the locals don't want elk to eat?

Not many locals around. 3 state forest run together there.
Originally Posted by Cluggins
Location - in the east - most likely helped by ample limestone in the soil.
Does he get out enough to find shed antlers? That could be fun, too!
Originally Posted by CCCC
might have something to do with limited gene pool size too? Good bit of info on it.

https://www.pgc.pa.gov/Wildlife/WildlifeSpecies/Elk/Pages/HistoryofElkinPA.aspx

https://www.esu.edu/dna/research/population-genetics/pennsylvania-elk.cfm

https://www.newswise.com/articles/some-re-established-elk-herds-lack-genetic-diversity-of-ancestors
Saw this posted on another fb group....this one was another local bull.

And the gentleman that eventually harvested that bull

© 24hourcampfire