Home
Posted By: mark shubert dogzapper - 12/19/23
Steve, I thought of you this AM, when I picked up my Nosler Manual #3.
Purchased circa 1994, that book introduced me to you, via your squib on the 22 Hornet.
Here's hoping you and Karen are doing well, and have a very merry, and holy, Christmas!
Posted By: 12344mag Re: dogzapper - 12/19/23
Merry Christmas DZ!!

I hope all is well with you and the Missus.

Posted By: jackmountain Re: dogzapper - 12/19/23
First articles I’d read in VH when the new issues were delivered were always Steve’s. Wish he posted here more.
Posted By: woodson Re: dogzapper - 12/19/23
Steve’s articles in VH are what led me to 24hourcampfire like 20 years ago.
Posted By: Gypsy_Wind Re: dogzapper - 12/19/23
DZ’s article on the 218 Bee in Nosler #4 led me to a Bullberry barrel for my encore.

Merry Christmas, Steve!
Posted By: sawbuck Re: dogzapper - 12/19/23
25-06/100 BT
Thanks, Steve!
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: dogzapper - 12/19/23
Steve and Karen were good friends long before I read his articles. We shared an interest in Scottie dogs, and had a lot of mutual friends in that world. Later on he helped me a lot with some projects, like my building the 7x57AI rifle. I stay in touch with them.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: dogzapper - 12/19/23
Steve is good people!

Excellent post!
Posted By: slumlord Re: dogzapper - 12/19/23
lol

I wasnt thinking of another dude at 4am

But yes Steve is a fine gentleman with
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: dogzapper - 12/19/23
Always, hope Steve and his wife are doing well. I pray for them and the rest of you gents.

Every one of us can always use some prayers.
Posted By: Lonny Re: dogzapper - 12/19/23
Steve is the best. I too, hope him and Karen are doing well.

I came in contact with him through the VH magazine and a mutual friend who I was asking lots of rifle build questions. He helped me get into contact with Steve. Steve graciously spent a couple hours on the phone with me going through all the details of building a rifle and sending me information. Really appreciate his help as that was the start of several semi-custom rifles. Great guy, smart as heck, and has helped many through the former magazine and here.
Posted By: travelingman1 Re: dogzapper - 12/19/23
His contribution to the fire is sorely missed. A very knowledgeable gentleman.
Posted By: Westman Re: dogzapper - 12/19/23
Originally Posted by travelingman1
His contribution to the fire is sorely missed. A very knowledgeable gentleman.

Agree.

Hope all is going well with he and Karen....
Posted By: Scotty Re: dogzapper - 12/19/23
Steve, you are missed
Posted By: tankerjockey Re: dogzapper - 12/19/23
Yes he is missed. Always a fount of good information.
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: dogzapper - 12/20/23
Concur with all the above!
Posted By: Dave_Skinner Re: dogzapper - 12/20/23
An ace.

Wonder how much of that nickel Ackley brass he still has. Probably 99 percent, on the zillionth firing?
Posted By: dogzapper Re: dogzapper - 01/15/24
Hi guys,

I just bumped into this thread and I absolutely love you guys' comments. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.

I haven't been active in the 24HCF, or almost anything else, mostly because of health reasons. Yes, some of the comments I drew near the end of my active time hurt me deeply (we all know who the gentlemen are), but I've mostly gotten over that.

Basically, the health stuff was the result of my body's reaction to Covid vaccine shots, particularly the second one. I was left with absolutely NO immune system. So, the last two+ years have cost me multiple loooong hospital stays, surgically-induced comas, and congestive heart failure. Hey, lets NOT talk about that ... I'd rather talk about LIFE, not DEATH!!!

Anyway, please know that I love you guys and treasure so many, many experiences here at the 'Fire.

THANK YOU for being my friends.

Blessings,

Steve
Posted By: Raferman Re: dogzapper - 01/15/24
Word up my ninja.
Posted By: johnw Re: dogzapper - 01/15/24
Dogzapper

Glad to see you posting, any day, any way

Regards...
Posted By: navlav8r Re: dogzapper - 01/15/24
Health stuff!?!? I would say so! Looks like you’ve had enough for three or four people. Sorry to hear but check in every now and then, when able.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: dogzapper - 01/15/24
Steve, is Karen doing well?
Posted By: 5sdad Re: dogzapper - 01/15/24
Steve - wishing God's blessings and grace for the two of you. Thanks for checking in and updating us. Best, John
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: dogzapper - 01/15/24
Well sir, I've only been here about 2 years.
We (the wife and me) also went through some schtuff during the C19 fiasco.
Our only saving grace was that we refused "The Jab".

My mom passing in Feb 2020. Thankfully, the family had a decent funeral before the shutdown!

Regardless, welcome back!
Posted By: 163bc Re: dogzapper - 01/15/24
Good to hear from you Steve. The fire missed you. Hang tough in your health battles.
Posted By: tankerjockey Re: dogzapper - 01/15/24
Great to hear from you Steve. I hope you are on the mend or at least holding your own.
It won’t matter to most but you are a lot of the reason I have a passion for both, the 280 and the 338-06.
Take care.
Posted By: CCCC Re: dogzapper - 01/15/24
Thanks for the message Mr. Timm - an early fellow on this site, now gone, told me a bunch of good things about you. Good health and happiness to you and yours.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: dogzapper - 01/15/24
DZ,

you're as gracious as always.

glad you were able to a get a post up.
Posted By: BOBBALEE Re: dogzapper - 01/15/24
Hope you have a healing from the vaccine. I always liked reading your posts back when you posted a bit.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: dogzapper - 01/15/24
A good man!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: dogzapper - 01/15/24
Steve, you walking varmeter style rifle with the "McSwirley" stock caught my eye years ago. I was always more traditional in taste but you were an "influencer" long before the social media craze hit cool
Posted By: jaguartx Re: dogzapper - 01/15/24
Sorry to hear of that news.

Prayers sent. GOD BLESS
Posted By: jimmyp Re: dogzapper - 01/15/24
I am glad to hear you are OK, hope you and your family remain well and prosperous.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: dogzapper - 01/15/24
Good to hear you are on the upswing Steve. God is Good.
Posted By: Ward Re: dogzapper - 01/15/24
Steve, you're one the good folks on earth. I'm sorry to hear about your health battles. My prayer for you and Karen is that you find joy and comfort in life. Ward
Posted By: WVGuy Re: dogzapper - 01/16/24
Steve, thank you for your contributions to our sport. Prayers for yo7 and ZKaren!
© 24hourcampfire