Home
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Just watched the first two episodes. My issue is that he has the chiseled physique of someone who spends hours a day in a serious bodybuilder gym, is on a highly specialized diet, and is taking a concoction of anabolic steroids. He looks rather like a finalist in a 1970s Mr. Universe contest. That doesn't match up with his character being a drifter without a home base.

They need to do a better job of explaining that. Like in Walking Tall, they explained The Rock's physique by him being recently retired from professional wrestling.

Otherwise, the show is pretty good, but that is a glaring problem.
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Have you read the Reacher books?
He is 6ft 4in and 235 lbs
The show is modeled from the series
Posted By: Higginez Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Clouds. Go yell at them.
Originally Posted by TBREW401
In the book do they explain how he's a drifter with a physique like a finalist in a 1970s Mr. Universe contest?
Posted By: Roddy1993 Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
this is tyranny can we rebel yet
Posted By: slumlord Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
old white guys and they teevee programs
Posted By: Teal Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Just watched the first two episodes. My issue is that he has the chiseled physique of someone who spends hours a day in a serious bodybuilder gym, is on a highly specialized diet, and is taking a concoction of anabolic steroids. He looks rather like a finalist in a 1970s Mr. Universe contest. That doesn't match up with his character being a drifter without a home base.

They need to do a better job of explaining that. Like in Walking Tall, they explained The Rock's physique by him being recently retired from professional wrestling.

I don't consider Reacher lean or cut at all. I see someone who's physically fit, has muscle which is explained from a former life in the military, ironically exactly the same as Dwayne's in Walking Tall as he was former SF in his backstory.

A person who mostly walks around and doesn't have a home might most often pick up odd jobs that are manual - construction or farm for walking money which would also keep his build in shape.

That and - it's a TV show, not a Netflix Documentary where you have Chris Rock playing George Washington.
Posted By: RAM Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23

Then Tom Cruise should never been cast.
Posted By: 19352012 Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Originally Posted by slumlord
It's not just guys. You should see the stupid crap my boomer wife watches.
Do you think Longmire is actually a sheriff in Wyoming?
Posted By: MadMooner Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Looks like a re-boot of the ATeam.
I been seeing a shît ton of flat bed work trucks lately with chubby neckbeards wearing aviator shades.

I always think they’re headed to a biker bar to kick everyones ass singlehandedly like Tip. Yeah that’s totally believable in my old white guy teevee fantasies
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Is Longmire the show that has a summer camp every year in Wyoming? My fishing buddy and his wife did that camp one year. Ok boomer.
Posted By: RHClark Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23

if that actor is 6'4" and that heavily muscled, he would weigh over 300 lbs. I agree that the actor is a bit too buff, but he is still a much better fit than fugging Tom Cruise.
Originally Posted by Higginez
Clouds. Go yell at them.

This^^^

It's hollywood. It's "entertainment".

Be entertained, or just change the damn channel.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
In the book do they explain how he's a drifter with a physique like a finalist in a 1970s Mr. Universe contest?

Do you spend a lot of time looking at male body builders?
Posted By: MadMooner Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
I’m thinking gladiator movies 😂
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

You’re better than this, Brother .

(Yes, he does)
Posted By: Calvin Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23

That’s funny.
Posted By: ROMAC Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
In the books he is described as a freak of nature, genetically gifted to be a brawler. His brother, who dies, is supposed to be just like him only taller and leaner. They had to fight at every base that their father got transferred to when they were kids.
Posted By: BluMtn Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Winter boredom is starting early this year.
Posted By: dassa Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
In the old days, there were buildings called "libraries". A person could go there to borrow books.

The books were divided into two sections. One had the books arranged by numbers, called the Dewey decimal system. These books were "non-fiction", and contained facts and information.

The other section was arranged by author's name, and were called "fiction". These were for entertainment purposes, and contained some liberties with truth.

Don't conflate the two.
Posted By: hillestadj Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23

You don't think.....waaaaaaiit a second.

No, don't do this now Jim. Its Christmas!!!
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Reacher is fantasy fiction. Lee Child, the author of the books has gotten so damn woke that his stuff is unreadable anymore.
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Why watch anything from the hollywood leftist?
Posted By: Scotty Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
It seems like most shows have something that is off. I just ignore it and enjoy the show for the entertainment value.
Posted By: Papag Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
He has had jobs like digging pools in Florida, and has explained his fitness as a natural trait. I know several guys who maintain fantastic physiques with very little exercise.
Geez, its a program.
Posted By: Snowwolfe Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
The series is entertaining. Nothing else needs to be said.
Originally Posted by dassa
In the old days, there were buildings called "libraries". A person could go there to borrow books.

The books were divided into two sections. One had the books arranged by numbers, called the Dewey decimal system. These books were "non-fiction", and contained facts and information.

The other section was arranged by author's name, and were called "fiction". These were for entertainment purposes, and contained some liberties with truth.

Don't conflate the two.

Wouldn't 800-899 in Dewey cover fiction?
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23

Speaking of Longmire, along with miscasting, how the Hell did Lou Diamond Phillips, a Philippine-American of modest dimensions, get cast as Henry, the man-mountain Cheyenne killing-machine in the Longmire books? He looks vaguely NA, but not even as much so as my tiny Han Chinese wife, and was in good shape, but c’mon man!
Posted By: smokepole Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
You got an issue with Reacher?

Take it up with Kojak.
Originally Posted by RHClark

if that actor is 6'4" and that heavily muscled, he would weigh over 300 lbs. I agree that the actor is a bit too buff, but he is still a much better fit than fugging Tom Cruise.
True. Tom Cruise was bad casting for a character who's supposed to be huge.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
I think they cancelled that show because he killed everybody in Wyoming.
Originally Posted by gregintenn

Once he boinked the blonde girl it was all downhill.

My issue with Longmire was, he didn't just get it over with and boink her sooner.
Originally Posted by Scotty
It seems like most shows have something that is off. I just ignore it and enjoy the show for the entertainment value.
Yeah, I enjoy it. They just didn't need to cast not only a bodybuilder, but one that looks as cut as a finalist in a major 1970s era match. Unrealistic in the extreme, unless part of his fictional character is someone who spends hours a day in a gym, eats a specialized diet, and takes steroids. If he was built, say, like Clint Walker, it would be a hell of a lot less problematic.

Although, admittedly, Walker likely couldn't do the fighting scenes as convincingly as this guy.
Posted By: LeonHitchcox Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Speaking of Longmire, along with miscasting, how the Hell did Lou Diamond Phillips, a Philippine-American of modest dimensions, get cast as Henry, the man-mountain Cheyenne killing-machine in the Longmire books? He looks vaguely NA, but not even as much so as my tiny Han Chinese wife, and was in good shape, but c’mon man!

Or how Vic was a tall blonde when the character in the books was a petite, dark skinned Italian descendent.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Vic was hot!!!
It’s just so over obvious that he pumps the iron hard, right before filming each scene. Even a body builder wouldn’t be as pumped as he looks, naturally. To me, it takes away from the character, as it is so over the top.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Yeah, I enjoy it. They just didn't need to cast not only a bodybuilder, but one that looks as cuts as a finalist in a major match. Unrealistic in the extreme, unless part of his fictional character is someone who spends hours a day in a gym, eats a specialized diet, and takes steroids. If he was built, say, like Clint Walker, it would be a hell of a lot less problematic.

Although, admittedly, Walking likely couldn't do the fighting scenes as convincingly as this guy.

I suppose you think Tom Cruise fit the bill better. 😳
Originally Posted by RatherBHuntin
It’s just so over obvious that he pumps the iron hard, right before filming each scene. Even a body builder wouldn’t be as pumped as he looks, naturally. To me, it takes away from the character, as it is so over the top.
This. Exactly.
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Yeah, I enjoy it. They just didn't need to cast not only a bodybuilder, but one that looks as cuts as a finalist in a major 1970s match. Unrealistic in the extreme, unless part of his fictional character is someone who spends hours a day in a gym, eats a specialized diet, and takes steroids. If he was built, say, like Clint Walker, it would be a hell of a lot less problematic.

Although, admittedly, Walker likely couldn't do the fighting scenes as convincingly as this guy.

I suppose you think Tom Cruise fit the bill better. 😳
How about someone like Clint Walker? He was huge, masculine, and (while it's known that he worked out with weights) had a physique that was far more natural in appearance.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MikeL2 Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23

Yes
This. Exactly.

I bet he doesn't even wax his taint!
Originally Posted by RAM

Then Tom Cruise should never been cast.

Little Tommy was only cast as Reacher because he was the producer.
Posted By: tzone Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
FFS.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23

Little teeny Tom Cruise couldn't kick his way out of a mud puddle.
Posted By: bluefish Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
I worked once with a guy about that size. Never lifted a day in his life but just a massively muscled lean man. Probably 6’3” and 250 or so. Odd really.
Posted By: Hastings Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
There is something I don't understand about why someone would spend time on watching fiction or ball games. Movies and TV drama has never interested me and I wouldn't spend 2 minutes watching muscular black men fighting over a ball. History, news , and weather I watch.
That guy is not 235.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Little teeny Tom Cruise couldn't kick his way out of a mud puddle.

You obviously didn’t see him in the movie. They only cast people that portray toughness, much like Scarlet Johansson because she can beat up bigger people too…
Originally Posted by bluefish
I worked once with a guy about that size. Never lifted a day in his life but just a massively muscled lean man. Probably 6’3” and 250 or so. Odd really.
I'd studied both Judo and Jiu-Jitsu since the late 1970s (late 1960s, really, if you count the couple of years me and my brother took it as kids), and in the 1990s, I was attending classes at a Judo school. There was a huge guy like that, super cut, who claimed that he never touched weights of any kind, nor did any resistance training. I assumed he was full of it.
Originally Posted by bluefish
I'd studied both Judo and Jiu-Jitsu since the late 1970s, and in the 1990s, I was attending classes at a Judo school. There was a huge guy like that, super cut, who claimed that he never touched weights of any kind, nor did any resistance training. I assumed he was full of it.

Maybe not. I had friends like that when I was younger
Posted By: Ulvejaeger Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Not much happening today.....
Posted By: flintlocke Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
It's just Hollywierd, they heard the laughter, derision and scorn when they cast silly little Tom Cruise....and then they swung to the other extreme to correct that and ended up with the incredible hulk guy. If it's getting you down, the red power button on the remote should be useful.
Posted By: sactoller Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23

JHC it is a tv show based off of a book.....it is for entertainment, not factual history.
Posted By: EIB0879 Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
That guy is not 235.

He isn't 6'4" either.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Dude at work came in the office rambling about winning in Fantasy Football….

I told him - Fantasy is another word for make believe…

He got flustered and left….

🤷🤷🤷
Originally Posted by EIB0879
That guy is not 235.

He isn't 6'4" either.
In episode one he insisted he was 6'5" when the chief detective guessed that he was 6'4". He doesn't come close to towering over everybody he's seen next to, so that doesn't seem likely.
This. Exactly.

I bet he doesn't even wax his taint!

Yeah but I bet he bleaches his areehole.
Originally Posted by EIB0879
That guy is not 235.

He isn't 6'4" either.
In episode one he insisted he was 6'5" when the chief detective guessed that he was 6'4". He doesn't come close to towering over everybody he's seen next to, so that doesn't seem likely.
The CHARACTER is 6'5"
The ACTOR is 6'2"
Maybe you need better meds to help you tell the difference between reality and fiction.
Still a lot better than little Tommy
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Dude at work came in the office rambling about winning in Fantasy Football….

I told him - Fantasy is another word for make believe…

He got flustered and left….

🤷🤷🤷

It's basically Dungeons and Dragons for jocks.
None of this stuff with Reacher strains credulity like all the 100-lb. gorgeous models on cop shows doing jiu-jitsu moves and slamming 200-lb thugs to the pavement.
Originally Posted by MikeL2
The CHARACTER is 6'5"
The ACTOR is 6'2"
Maybe you need better meds to help you tell the difference between reality and fiction.
You seem very emotionally wrapped up in this topic.
Posted By: las Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23

Yes, Childs does. Genetics.

I bought and read the book on the plane whie going to and from WI, finishing it the day before we watched the first episode of Season 2. I'm amusing myself by noting the differences, which adds to the fun. West Coast vs East Coast for example.

The series character physique is a whole lot more in line with the book, than the Runt was in the movie. Not as good an actor tho.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Originally Posted by Ulvejaeger
Not much happening today.....

Yeah, when all the discussion is about the fine details of some actor’s physique.

Wake me up when they get to the ladies’ asses……….
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Originally Posted by las

I bought and read the book on the plane whie going to and from WI, finishing it the day before we watched the first episode of Season 2. I'm amusing myself by noting the differences, which adds to the fun. West Coast vs East Coast for example.

The series character pysique is a whole lot more in line with the book, than the Runt was in the movie. Not as good an actor tho.

Maybe thats because hes a singer/musician.
Posted By: mcadams17 Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
I think he does a pretty good job as reacher.
Posted By: POKERFACE6 Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Ladies asses et al. Serina Swan from the series. Google your own pictures...Joe
Posted By: Garandimal Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23

The books, on the other hand, are outstanding, and explain everything.

That square screen - retards the "theater of the mind."

GR
Posted By: ironbender Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Make Fiction Real Again!
The CHARACTER is 6'5"
The ACTOR is 6'2"

I've always been a fan of discerning reality from fiction.
The CHARACTER is 6'5"
The ACTOR is 6'2"
I've always been a fan of discerning reality from fiction.
Yes, but you respond as though I suggested something unseemly about your mother.
Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Originally Posted by las

The series character pysique is a whole lot more in line with the book, than the Runt was in the movie. Not as good an actor tho.
They're called Mesomorphs, and are genetically predisposed to being lean slabs of muscle, with no exercise required.
Posted By: Roddy1993 Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
next post is a homo
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23

Some men are just born that way. Buffed from the beginning. laugh

L.W.
Posted By: mathman Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23

Have you ever been to a Turkish prison?
0-./

There are two types of muscular builds…
Show muscles…
Go muscles…
Posted By: BOBBALEE Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
I've never seen the TV show. Saw both movies. The buxom blonde in one and the pretty brunette in the other are what I remember most.
Tom Cruise has more money than most who watch his movies.
The books I've read were entertaining, but fiction. Lee Child has a few bucks too I imagine.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Originally Posted by mathman

Have you ever been to a Turkish prison?

Do you like movies about gladiators?
Posted By: lvmiker Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Some folks must not get out much. Amateur athletes are participating in very demanding sports in huge numbers. My son is a multiple time Ironman has a family and successful dental practice. He is 6' and 180 lbs w/ 7% body fat. No steroids involved.

Go to a Tough Mudder event and watch "normal folks" perform very difficult tasks for hours. Most elite Ultra endurance events are requiring a resume of achievements to qualify to enter a lottery to participate. Strength and fitness are part of the lives of many people from all walks of life. It is odd that anyone would consider that actor's physique to be exceptional.

#bodybuildlersaren'tathletes

mike r
Posted By: Irving_D Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
He got buff doing cookie races
Posted By: AB2506 Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23

In several books he is described as a genetic freak, born as a large baby. As he grew, he was much larger than kids his age. Unnaturally strong and muscled. A genetic freak. So yes, like a 1970s bodybuilder.
I’ve watched so many dozens of Reacher youtube shorts the series would be spoiled If I watched.

But I throwed my teevee out into the back-yad after Mondale and Paul Tsongas and Dukaka got swept. So there’s that
Posted By: goalie Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
The show is about an Army MP officer who's the biggest badass on the planet, and can literally fight off multiple attackers in hand to hand combat 5 times a day, and the thing not realistic enough for you is the dude's build?
I wish I cared about anything as much as you fellas care about a TV show.
I know right

Hawkeye needs to get on that grass in the back yard. Had tunnels in it for his dogs last pics posted.

Like turn the teevee off, become one with nature and stuff
Posted By: smarquez Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23

The author that created Reacher said he was a mesomorph. Kind of naturally blessed with low fat body content. With low body fat, muscle is more defined. It's Hollywood anyway.
Posted By: DocRocket Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Originally Posted by 19352012
It's not just guys. You should see the stupid crap my boomer wife watches.

No s h i t !!! laugh
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
I’ve lived out of my car before for some months while travelling around New Mexico and doing day labor, and I’ve done the long bicycle trip thing, so I’ve travelled light.

But IIRC travelling around like Reacher does in just his street clothes buying new ones when they get dirty strains credulity.
Posted By: DocRocket Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23

Lotta folks giving TRH the gears about this...?

Seems like a legit question to me. The actor guy IS pretty jacked, and since he's playing a drifter who refuses to stay in one place or meet anybody else's expectations, it seems odd that he looks like he lives in a gym and has a staff of nutritionists and personal trainers. But that's OK by me. The show is mildly entertaining, and the wife thinks he looks great with his shirt off, which gets her feeling frisky, so I got no real complaints.
It's just a damned TV show. Why all the vitriol over a minor criticism??
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
I guess I'm more sheltered than I was aware of.
Never seen any of it or heard of it before this here.

Just looking at the confuser, it would appear to
me that the main character is like a conglomeration
of John Rambo and Lone Wolf McQuade and Frank
Martin, seasoned with a sprinkle of Jim Phelps.

Must be on cable or satellite or something that
I don't have
My superhero reading has been limited to Ben
Raines and John Rourke

This Reacher dude must be some bada$$
Posted By: BC30cal Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Hawkeye;
Good morning or likely it's afternoon for you already sir, I hope the last Friday before Christmas is treating you well.

Way back in dinosaur times, we'd occasionally head south to tropical paradises such as Minot, ND to pick up ag equipment. I believe we made it to Fargo once, but it might have been Minot too.

Speaking of Fargo, when my wife and I first saw that movie we just howled because we'd been around enough folks from North Dakota to recognize the accent. Nobody else in the BC theater seemed to think it was that funny, but we did... wink

I'm "fairly" sure I've not been to Grand Forks, which is where the actor who plays Jack Reacher is from. He seems to be able to hide any residual North Dakota accent reasonably well as far as I can hear.

The thing I recall most about those forays into North Dakota was being served potato chips as a side dish for breakfast. Perhaps that was just a local thing? Not sure, but on our side of the medicine line we didn't eat potato chips at breakfast for the most part.

As to your thoughts about him looking big, since I used to be a towering 5'6" on a tall day - when I was younger and before I started to shrink with age - well pretty much everyone looks big to me Hawkeye. laugh

Anyways Hawkeye, mostly I just dropped by to wish you Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Thanks for stirring some memories from long, long ago too.

All the best.

Dwayne

Exactly!

Merry Christmas!

TV, a form of entertainment as Sports are etc....................Turn it on or DON'T!

HS 58
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Can we complain about the Flintstones now? Hominids and dinosaurs at the same time?

So fake.

p
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by gregintenn

Once he boinked the blonde girl it was all downhill.

My issue with Longmire was, he didn't just get it over with and boink her sooner.
Took him a while to find the proper bag to cover her face. And a second bag in case hers came off.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Can we complain about the Flintstones now? Hominids and dinosaurs at the same time?

So fake.

p
I have a friend who looks so much like Fred Flintstone that his wife calls him Fred. The hair is identical to Fred. He is a great human being.
Posted By: LazyL0228 Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
You guy are like a lot of old women. It's just a show.

Because some people get on here to spew vitriol.

So fake.

p

[Linked Image from 64.media.tumblr.com]

GR
Posted By: bowmanh Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Obviously, the actor who plays Reacher is a body builder who spends lots of time in the gym and probably takes supplements to help him build muscle. As TRH points out, that doesn't really jibe with the story that Reacher spends most of his time on the road living on a very low budget.

But it's a TV series that also shows lots of other unrealistic things. I see it as fairly lightweight but enjoyable entertainment and the inconsistencies don't matter much to me.
Learning to read - would answer these, and many other, imponderable and perplexing questions.

GR
Posted By: Calvin Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Originally Posted by Garandimal

So fake.

p

GR

Lol
I’ve watched so many dozens of Reacher youtube shorts the series would be spoiled If I watched.

But I throwed my teevee out into the back-yad after Mondale and Paul Tsongas and Dukaka got swept. So there’s that

How TH you gonna watch them Vols every Saturday?
Posted By: ribka Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Clouds. Go yell at them.

lol
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
BC30Cal - " ... he thing I recall most about those forays into North Dakota was being served potato chips as a side dish for breakfast. Perhaps that was just a local thing? Not sure, but on our side of the medicine line we didn't eat potato chips at breakfast for the most part. ..."

Damn, BC30Cal, next thing we know you're gonna tell us you don't eat grits and red eye gravy each morning for breakfast, either. smile

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

L.W.
Posted By: DeanAnderson Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Really! Lol! Watch for entertainment! Anything more is way too much thinking on this!
Posted By: JSTUART Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23

Umm...it is just a television show, very basic entertainment aimed at teenagers. Kind of weird that a grown man would watch it.
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
The guy was on a tv show recently, and said that he got grief from the last season because he wasn't big enough, so he worked out and got bigger.
Its just a show, jeez
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Originally Posted by 19352012
I have a friend who looks so much like Fred Flintstone that his wife calls him Fred. The hair is identical to Fred. He is a great human being.
H. sapiens? neanderthalensis? erectus? habilis? You'll have to be more specific...

wink

So fake.
p
This is a casting question about a TV drama that appears to take itself seriously, not a cartoon.
BTW, There should be a new episode of Reacher today.

Maybe that will get us to 10 pages. LOL.

Cause checking out dudes is gayer'n aids.
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Semi related question
What happened to the trend of the action hero running
the gauntlet of the bad guys lined up down the
hallway and he sprints through with arms crossed
and a sub gun in each hand, and they all fall down
with an extra navel and the hero makes it through
unscathed?
Posted By: BC30cal Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
BC30Cal - " ... he thing I recall most about those forays into North Dakota was being served potato chips as a side dish for breakfast. Perhaps that was just a local thing? Not sure, but on our side of the medicine line we didn't eat potato chips at breakfast for the most part. ..."

Damn, BC30Cal, next thing we know you're gonna tell us you don't eat grits and red eye gravy each morning for breakfast, either. smile

L.W.

Leanwolf;

laugh laugh laugh

Well sir, no we in the frozen north do not eat grits or red eye gravy for breakfast as a matter of course... laugh

If I'm not remembering wrong, my good wife and I were in Denver the first time we'd run into that in a breakfast buffet place and I had no idea what either was.

Some of it must be somewhat regional too as where and when I grew up in Saskatchewan, we were too cold and about an hour north of where anyone grew field corn.

Now my late father would often eat boiled wheat for breakfast - with a little milk and brown sugar on it - so much like oatmeal porridge. I've had it a few times but it's not something I make that often.

I'm sure there's folks from the southern US who get similar culture shock up here the first time they see either poutine or malt vinegar put onto fries might be one example.

Thanks for the chuckle sir, thanks as well for the greetings and Merry Christmas to you as well.

Dwayne
Posted By: MD521 Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
A new episode of Reacher dropped yesterday
OK, what’s the consensus on The Equalizer?

Seems like in order to maintain that edge Denzel Washington’s character would have to train all the time.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Seems like in order to maintain that edge Denzel Washington’s character would have to train all the time.

There was only one real equalizer and he wasn’t black🤔

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Robert McCall’s character is what made the Equalizer IMO.
Posted By: BOBBALEE Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Equalizer sure warn't no chubby chick.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23

So fake.
p
This is a casting question about a TV drama that appears to take itself seriously, not a cartoon.

Dude

You’re the one panting over his “chiseled physique.”

Who even says that?

P
I just watched the very first of it. Not too bad. I'll continue watching it. So far all I get out of Prime is Thursday Night Football.
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Lee Child, the author of the books has gotten so damn woke that his stuff is unreadable anymore.

Lee Child used to be on one of the boards, maybe the board, at PETA. His internet bios seem to have been scrubbed of that info, but I remember it and he gives PETA a plug in the novel, Bad Luck & Trouble. Maybe some of the others.
Posted By: Kenneth Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/22/23
Sweet Geezus you Hens are something else,

It’s a Fictional story, Entertainment, nothing more nothing less,

LOL.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/23/23
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

Isn't that Happy Camper?
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/23/23

So fake.

p

GR

Yeah. No way that tub coulda carried half the clothes Ginger wore, let alone Mrs. Howell’s….
Posted By: slumlord Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/23/23
We’re bout to burn thru Better Call Saul next couple days and binge it out.
Although I just busted up about 7-8 deer in the hollow behind Nana’s house this afternoon. Might have to hit the hay early a couple eves in a row, see what type of head gear is running with em.
Posted By: slumlord Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/23/23
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

Isn't that Happy Camper?

Yes

Ringtwat will wet herself
Posted By: local_dirt Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/23/23
Originally Posted by Ranger99
Semi related question
What happened to the trend of the action hero running
the gauntlet of the bad guys lined up down the
hallway and he sprints through with arms crossed
and a sub gun in each hand, and they all fall down
with an extra navel and the hero makes it through
unscathed?

C'mon now. You're giving away the next episode.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/23/23
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE
Equalizer sure warn't no chubby chick.

Or non-binary.

Oh, i'm sorry. Am I using my pronouns incorrectly?
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/23/23

Cause checking out dudes is gayer'n aids.

There does seem to be a few here on the fire that love to check out other dudes. I always did know they were gay but I don't judge you guys.

Originally Posted by SimpleJimmy
[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]
Posted By: Westman Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/23/23
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

L.W.

Leanwolf;

laugh laugh laugh

Well sir, no we in the frozen north do not eat grits or red eye gravy for breakfast as a matter of course... laugh

If I'm not remembering wrong, my good wife and I were in Denver the first time we'd run into that in a breakfast buffet place and I had no idea what either was.

Some of it must be somewhat regional too as where and when I grew up in Saskatchewan, we were too cold and about an hour north of where anyone grew field corn.

Now my late father would often eat boiled wheat for breakfast - with a little milk and brown sugar on it - so much like oatmeal porridge. I've had it a few times but it's not something I make that often.

I'm sure there's folks from the southern US who get similar culture shock up here the first time they see either poutine or malt vinegar put onto fries might be one example.

Thanks for the chuckle sir, thanks as well for the greetings and Merry Christmas to you as well.

Dwayne

Malt vinegar on fish and fries is the best....
Posted By: ironbender Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/23/23
So fake.
p

GR
If you remember, they got caught in a storm that threw them WAY of course.
Posted By: smokepole Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/23/23
Originally Posted by ironbender
So fake.
p

GR
If you remember, they got caught in a storm that threw them WAY of course.

Thank you!! My faith in the space-time continuum as manifested via 1960's sitcoms is now restored.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/23/23
“chiseled physique.”

I never thought I would see those two words together on the 'Fire.....
Posted By: smokepole Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/23/23
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
“chiseled physique.”

Hell, it's in all the PM's he sends me.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/23/23
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
“chiseled physique.”

Hell, it's in all the PM's he sends me.

LoLoLoLoL!!!!
Posted By: Nestucca Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/23/23
Malt vinegar on fish and fries is the best....

This👆
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: My Issue With Reacher - 12/23/23
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Posted By: ShaunRyan Re: My Issue With Reacher - 01/07/24
Clouds. Go yell at them.

It's fiction, dude.

I will add that I like it. I've read a few books in the series, but have listened to all of them on audio, while rolling everywhere.

I like that Lee Child is involved in making the series. He was, after all, a laid-off TV writer who sat down at his kitchen table and decided he was going to write novels to feed his family, and came up with the next John Wayne in an era of self-doubting, over-conflicted, poor-me anti-heroes.

It's well produced, written, and directed, and follows the novels well enough yet updates them so younger generations can relate. Who doesn't need John Wayne more?

Hats off, man. I wish Iwas Jack Reacher, and strive to come as close as I can to that kind of integrity every day, and hopefully some young men who watch this series will too.

I hope Lee Child blows Stephen King and J.K. Rowling out of the water sales-wise in perpetuity because he's got the best moral/martial message out there since Cooper's Corner, and a far bigger platform.

Plus, Dixon is hot.
Posted By: ShaunRyan Re: My Issue With Reacher - 01/07/24
Also, you'd be surprised how long the pump from, say, 100 push-ups stays with you, once you've got the muscle.
Posted By: Partsman Re: My Issue With Reacher - 01/07/24
I liked Mack Bolan, alias The Executioner,
Posted By: Seafire Re: My Issue With Reacher - 01/08/24

Well look a little further into who financed a lot of that first movie, and you might find out why he was cast in it.
Originally Posted by sactoller

JHC it is a tv show based off of a book.....it is for entertainment, not factual history.
I hope some of these guys dont stumble into a Superman movie. Hollywood depicting a man able to fly on his own will cause their heads to explode.
© 24hourcampfire