Home
Posted By: IZH27 TV browsing and pop up ads - 12/23/23
I've recently started using my TV to do some browsing. Pop up ads, especially on this forum, make the experience feel like dial up with the disruptions and jumping screen as the ads load. I assume that others are using their TV for browsing also. I'm hoping that someone has found a workaround to share. I'd like to continue using the TV without having to stream through my phone. I find the idea of a bluetooth keyboard and LARGE screen appealing. Any tricks that I've missed?
Look for an ad blocker for whatever browser you're using.
The size of the screen is irrelevant. It's the browser and ad blocker that matters.
Posted By: IZH27 Re: TV browsing and pop up ads - 12/23/23
The size of the screen was mentioned only because I like it. It obviously has nothing to do with the software function being the dependent component.

I’m simply looking for advice that is based on real world experience.
Originally Posted by IZH27
I've recently started using my TV to do some browsing. Pop up ads, especially on this forum, make the experience feel like dial up with the disruptions and jumping screen as the ads load. I assume that others are using their TV for browsing also. I'm hoping that someone has found a workaround to share. I'd like to continue using the TV without having to stream through my phone. I find the idea of a bluetooth keyboard and LARGE screen appealing. Any tricks that I've missed?

Very wrong assumption, my TV is old and dumb like me. Suppose i could use my roku or bluray but couldnt tell you the browser or how to load an adblocker on it if even possible. Suppose i could hdmi or cast my laptop to it but thats just stupid.
Browsing is done on a iPad no need for 50-80” internet.
Posted By: IZH27 Re: TV browsing and pop up ads - 12/23/23
I hear ya. I’m in a situation where having the capability is nice. I’m on a contract job away from home and it’s the TV or phone as best options. My eyes just don’t do as well with a phone these days.
© 24hourcampfire