Home
https://www.kwch.com/2023/12/21/tru...rucker-who-passed-out-behind-wheel-i-70/

‘True heroes’: Father, son save trucker who passed out behind wheel on I-70

By Matt Heilman
Published: Dec. 20, 2023 at 11:22 PM EST
GOODLAND, Kan. (KWCH) - Quick action from a father and his son prevented a catastrophe from unfolding on Interstate 70. Sherman County Sheriff Burton Pianalto described the incident Tuesday that led a northwest Kansas farmer and his son “to do extraordinary things to keep people safe in [the] county.”

The sheriff said a semi driver was traveling west on Interstate 70 when he had a medical emergency and “blacked out.” The semi entered the median and stayed between traffic lanes for about a quarter of a mile. Pianalto said the truck “jumped over a crossover,” which slowed it down.

“The farmer and his son traveling in the same direction noticed the driver needing help, so they went into action,” the sheriff said.

The truck slowed down enough for the son to jump onto the vehicle’s passenger side but the door was locked. That’s when the son, Brady Ginther, asked his father, Brent, to throw him a hammer. The sheriff said Brady then broke out the window, crawled into the semi and stopped the truck before it got to the overpass at Exit 17.

“This action more than likely saved the life of the truck driver along with protecting all the other travelers on I-70 and Highway 27,” the sheriff said. “It is amazing what people will do to help others they do not know.”

Brent Ginther said he travels on I-70 “a lot,” farming land in western Kansas and eastern Colorado. He said what happened Tuesday was a matter of being at the right place at the right time.

“This semi that was traveling at a high right of speed, coming down the median between the two lanes, I didn’t think much about it,” he said. “I said, what the heck is going on there?’” And all my hired men who were with me just said, ‘well, there’s nobody driving that truck.’”

Ginther estimated that the semi was about one-eighth of a mile before it would’ve made a 30-foot drop onto the highway between the two lanes. The semi was slowing down, but not quick enough.

Ginther said his first instinct was that they needed to shut the semi off. That’s when his son, Brady, jumped on board.

“I gave him a hammer and he knocked the window out and shut the truck off, and got it shut off just in time,” he said.

Brent and Brady Ginther are receiving a lot of recognition for their quick action since the Sherman County sheriff shared the story on social media.

“We appreciate everything and (we’re) just good farm guys and we’d help anybody in a situation if anybody needed help,” Brent Ginther said.
Real men, doing what men can do. Merry Christmas to the Ginther family.
I don’t know where men like that can find pants that fit. Toxic masculinity for the win. Bless them both.
They probably could have just dragged their enormous balls on the ground to slow the truck down
Wow, what a story. Don't find men like that every day.
Did the trucker have the vax?
I can see the Lefty comments now.....

How dare they use their toxic masculinity like that....probably just wanted to show off......
Something tells me this wasn't these boys first rodeo.....
But anyone can run a farm. Right Mike Bloomberg?
Like to see him try this.
Originally Posted by viking
Did the trucker have the vax?
I'd say that's a good guess it was just his turn and time.we will see more and more of it.
Instead of filming the truck and posting it on InstaTikTocFaceX for likes and shares and self promotion….these men took action and saved the guy’s life.

Stark difference between the selfish “look at me” and “gotta instantly post it on social media for likes” generation.
Wow!!
Outstanding!
Great Christmas story.
Some good news for a change. 👍👍
These boys belong on the toxic masculinity calendar.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Something tells me this wasn't these boys first rodeo.....

^^^FACT^^^

Hell of a tale, thanks for the post.
Thank God for them and thank goodness they didn’t indict them.
That's the kind of stuff that you would usually see only in the movies
Sounds like Dad's driving deserves a lot of the credit- - - - -ever tried to match speed with a big rig running down a median well enough for somebody to jump onboard?
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Sounds like Dad's driving deserves a lot of the credit- - - - -ever tried to match speed with a big rig running down a median well enough for somebody to jump onboard?

The median must have had enough slop towards the center from each side to keep the semi going fairly straight.
Unreal. Finally a great story about selflessness.

Osky
Well done. Two great guys, for sure.
It works on tv😂
The median must have been set down five feet below the level of the Interstate, precisely to make it difficult for a vehicle to cross over into oncoming traffic. Dad said several of his hired hands were with him, the son must have been in the bed of the truck, to enable him to jump off, onto the running board of the big rig. Then he knocked out the window with a hammer!
Great driving job, Dad!

That son has got some guts.
Exactly what you'd expect from a couple of farmers.
It’s a Christmas miracle.
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Real men, doing what men can do. Merry Christmas to the Ginther family.
Agreed.
It's good Dad always carried a dimocommie N knocker.

Of course, most Far guys could've just shot the window out.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

A 'far guy would have shot the glad hand and locked the brakes.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Now you're talkin, if they could hit it.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Now you're talkin, if they could hit it.

Pilgrim: Nice pistol, is it accu-rite?
Fahr Guy: I kin dump a mag full into a gladhand at 40 mph, even better if'n I do my part, all day-ever' day.
How long before a Soros appointed DA and his soy boys indict the two for vandalism?
I`m sure Joey B and drug addled Son would have done the same thing only better.
Hat is off to those men. I bet they talk about this the rest of their lives.
"Shucks" Just farmers being farmers. wink GW
Serious bulldogging there
Originally Posted by Mike_S
I don’t know where men like that can find pants that fit. Toxic masculinity for the win. Bless them both.

Indeed. Even if that truck was just idling along, that separates the men from the boys.
© 24hourcampfire