Home
Posted By: granitestate1 Food Is So Expensive - 12/30/23
Food Is So Expensive and it is really depessing me, so I have decided to start drinking to ease the pain. But after spending all my money on food, I don't have any money left to buy booze, Now I am really depressed.
You buy food? Heh. Don’t you have a double barrel shotgun? I can shoot skwirls and dear with mine. Shoot if I want some fish, I just saw a cane pole off and go to my secondhand ball of fishing line. Chumps . Heh

FISH CAMP
Posted By: Mike_S Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/30/23
Any Neapolitan ice cream?
Posted By: irfubar Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/30/23
Bugs, bugs are free and the way of the future.... be happy smile
Posted By: slumlord Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/30/23
Loaves n Fishes will make me a ham sandwich and pile of chips on my chinette for free
Posted By: Alan_C Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/30/23
Originally Posted by granitestate1
Food Is So Expensive and it is really depessing me, so I have decided to start drinking to ease the pain. But after spending all my money on food, I don't have any money left to buy boose, Now I am really depressed.
Raise a garden and eat like a King ! You will be in better shape in more ways than one.
Posted By: 160user Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/30/23
Quit eating. Problem solved.
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Food Is So Expensive and it is really depessing me, so I have decided to start drinking to ease the pain. But after spending all my money on food, I don't have any money left to buy boose, Now I am really depressed.
Raise a garden and eat like a King ! You will be in better shape in more ways than one.
Do you raise any kind of garden Mr Alan?

Would ya like to share some pics with us?

😃
Posted By: Rugies Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/30/23
Go cross the border call yourself Rodrigio you will get free food booze and rent along with a iphone.
Posted By: STRSWilson Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/30/23
If you don't have enough $$$ for booze, then your priorities are in serious need of an overhaul.
Originally Posted by slumlord

😃
Slum, I live on a 20 acre grape vineyard and they weed spray almost all usable land. Put in tomatoes once in a while but we have fig, olive, persimmon , orange, avacodo ,cherrie, pear, apple, and plum trees.
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/30/23
Just be vegan, go eat weeds
I get free hamburg9rs from the fire house
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/30/23

😃
Slum, I live on a 20 acre grape vineyard and they weed spray almost all usable land. Put in tomatoes once in a while but we have fig, olive, persimmon , orange, avacodo ,cherrie, pear, apple, and plum trees.
one word....................

go organic.

get away from the sprays and you'll be even more of a King
Originally Posted by Valsdad

😃

go organic.

Agree, but it’s not my property. Funny thing when you get a spray permit from the county, some sprays are still considered organic. Do not know enough to tell you more, but the fields marked organic spray too.
Dang right food is getting expensive.

Had to blow a wad on a third freezer this winter because too much dang food. Vacuum sealer took a dump in the middle of sealing 30 pounds of home grown beef burger and had to make an emergency run for a new one, hour and a half round trip. The frost free water hydrant rusted out and had to buy a new one. And my help couldn't get together on a new year's weekend to kill a hog so there's at least another week of feed for an already gettin-too-damn-big porker.

Food will five and dime you to death.....
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/30/23
Originally Posted by Mike_S

I believe that’s Napoleon Ice Cream…
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/30/23
Originally Posted by Valsdad

😃

go organic.

Agree, but it’s not my property. Funny thing when you get a spray permit from the county, some sprays are still considered organic. Do not know enough to tell you more, but the fields marked organic spray too.

they might be using a vinegar based one. I haven't checked t see if there are others. I get 30% vinegar but don't use much around our place. The propane weed torch an hula hoes get a workout. it might be some sort of "organic" approved bug spray and not for weeds?
Well I don't mind stealing bread
From the mouths of decadence
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Neapolitan.....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Since when do really dedicated drunks worry about eating?
Posted By: LazyL0228 Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/30/23
Thats why country boys can survive. We grow are own.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/30/23
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
I get free hamburg9rs from the fire house

Hehehehe!!!
Posted By: Direct_Drive Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/30/23
Originally Posted by Feral_American

Neapolitan.....

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]
Ok look

If dumbfukk wabigoon is substituting Neapolitan for Napoleon then it’s only polite and proper to call the ice cream Napoleon.

Wake da [bleep] up stop being aloof.
🤦🏻🤷‍♀️💀😃
Posted By: rainshot Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/30/23
Build Back Better!!! Enjoy; It gets better.
Posted By: CRJ1960 Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/30/23
Originally Posted by Feral_American

Neapolitan.....

When I was growing up my step mammie only bought the high dollar stuff.

Posted By: gunchamp Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/30/23
Skeeter burgers are the future. Just ask old klaus
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/30/23
Ok look

If dumbfukk wabigoon is substituting Neapolitan for Napoleon then it’s only polite and proper to call the ice cream Napoleon.

🤦🏻🤷‍♀️💀😃
Lol
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Ok look

🤦🏻🤷‍♀️💀😃
Lol

Ok, guess I missed out on that joke.

F-ucking sorry, or something like that.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/30/23
Mostly, we can buy cheaper than raising it.
The food bank usually has canned oysters first Tuesday of the month. Pastor Missy knows someone there.
Posted By: hillestadj Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/31/23
Well I don't mind stealing bread
From the mouths of decadence

I'm goin' hungrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/31/23

What he said. We’re still eating turnips, radishes, and daikons, fresh ones, from our garden, and have a pile of spaghetti and butternut squash as well. Then there’s the frozen stuff. Three deer and trout in the freezer. Bags of frozen and dried fruit.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/31/23
The FAB budget. The most important of any. Never forget the FAB.

Food, Ammo, Booze.

Priorities might be diff, but this was the best way to spell it. Or maybe BAF?

Little brother keeps things so much simpler. BBB. Bullets, babes, Beer. Rearranging is a win every time.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/31/23
Be careful when cracking Dean Martin type booze jokes folks miss sarcasm around here.
You misspelled booze , - probably because you wuz drunk tho.
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/31/23
More like Foster Brooks.
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/31/23
Originally Posted by Pappy348

What he said. We’re still eating turnips, radishes, and daikons, fresh ones, from our garden, and have a pile of spaghetti and butternut squash as well..
Gag, ain't none a that shyt fit for a man to eat.
More like Foster Brooks.
smile he was funny, wonder if he really was boozed ?
DeanMartin only acted like he was boozed , he supposedly went straight home after shows to his wife and kids.
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/31/23
What I find odd is; though food has gone up 50% in the last 5 years, a handle of your liquor of choice has stayed the same??
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Pappy348

What he said. We’re still eating turnips, radishes, and daikons, fresh ones, from our garden, and have a pile of spaghetti and butternut squash as well..
Gag, ain't none a that shyt fit for a man to eat.

Yeah, but the price is right!

Keeps my 12 year-old rum affordable…..
Posted By: thebobcat Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/31/23
Eaten more deer meat for protien in past 2 years than ever
Posted By: viking Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/31/23
We went to a reopened restaurant the other night in Sidney. $42 for a ribeye dinner. (I had sandwich).
Posted By: JPro Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/31/23
I have a protein powder shake some days for breakfast. The 5lb jug was $38 pre-covid. $110+ now.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/31/23
It costs less to dine at Pizza Ranch than to eat at Taco John/s.
Mtn. House freeze-dried meals > $12.59 + tax = $13.40 each @ Sporting goods store , $1 less @ the walmargs
Posted By: Jcubed Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/31/23
Originally Posted by wabigoon

There is no "dining" occurring at ANY Taco John's.
Originally Posted by thebobcat
Eaten more deer meat for protien in past 2 years than ever

Yup. Beef commonly available in grocery stores is of lessor quality than formerly, and selection is poor, no doubt because folks can’t afford it, so why have it in stock. Even the Costco Prime sirloin I bought a while back seems more like Choice. Store burger is priced like steak, and the deer burger I ground myself is definitely superior. The burger from the two I had processed isn’t quite as good, but I’m sure I trimmed mine better, and I ground it 3x in my tiny Weston.
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/31/23
Anyone ever have Sand Hill Crane they are abundant and a nuisance and protected here in FL, I heared someone call them Ribeye in the sky is there any truth to that.
Posted By: Jcubed Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/31/23
Anyone ever have Sand Hill Crane they are abundant and a nuisance and protected here in FL, I heared someone call them Ribeye in the sky is there any truth to that.

Yes.
Posted By: Coyote10 Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/31/23
That's what happens when an liberal idiot is elected. Fill up a truck for 100 bucks, 100 bucks gets you one sack of nothing at a grocery store, insurance rates skyrocket, interest is higher than its ever been. Thanks Joe!
Posted By: Alan_C Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/31/23
Originally Posted by Coyote10
That's what happens when an liberal idiot is elected. Fill up a truck for 100 bucks, 100 bucks gets you one sack of nothing at a grocery store, insurance rates skyrocket, interest is higher than its ever been. Thanks Joe!
But we have tens of thousands of illegals coming to save us invited by the liberals ! Uhg! Yuk !
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/31/23
BWRA aka Biden Weight Reduction Act
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/31/23
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Even less at 'Firehouse 'Burgers'...
Posted By: Coyote10 Re: Food Is So Expensive - 12/31/23
Originally Posted by Coyote10
But we have tens of thousands of illegals coming to save us invited by the liberals ! Uhg! Yuk !

Yea, and Brandon is giving them a cell phone with a court date an 5 grand a pop. Trying to buy another election.
© 24hourcampfire