Home
Its been crazy on the homestead. The new headquarters is closed in and we just need Wisconsin Public service to hook up power and the HVAC guy to install the LP furnace.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Ive been working on the chicken coop. I didnt think I would get to this project until after maple syrup season in April. Thanks to the El Nino weather pattern, we lost our snow even though its been pretty cold.

Last year I learned a lesson about ordering seeds. We did not even have the garden or fencing up at the time so I didnt order seeds until the end of February and by then, lots of what I wanted was out of stock.
Yesterday I placed all my seed orders with a few diff. companies and EVERYTHING I wanted was available.

We are expanding the garden so instead of 12 raised beds we will have 18 beds plus a new "Very long" bed at the North end.

We are expanding to 33 varieties of veggies as well as the rhubarb, raspberry, blackberry and strawberry and Im adding 6 apple trees and 7 hazelnut trees.

2023 was a great year for us and the business. Im looking forward to another great year in 2024.
Very impressive.
Lots of work. Impressive
Oh boy..

I like that woodpile! What kind of wood is it?
What kind of wood stove do you have?
I respect the efforts... i.e. the labor you expend.

Don't always track on the logic, but that is on me... not you.
Ain't nobody gonna call you lazy.
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE
Ain't nobody gonna call you lazy.

Easy there Bobby..

According to the underachievers squad here at the Fire that have sucked government tit all their lives or reside in their parents backyards, we've gotta hate this guy and everything he does due to a alleged wildlife violation supposedly having to do with some scubby little deer.

His success and achievements are just far too intimidating.
Give credit where due. The man is a worker!
Originally Posted by sharp_things
Last year I learned a lesson about ordering seeds. We did not even have the garden or fencing up at the time so I didnt order seeds until the end of February and by then, lots of what I wanted was out of stock.
Yesterday I placed all my seed orders with a few diff. companies and EVERYTHING I wanted was available..

All the seed companies catalogs have shown up in the last few weeks.

Who you ordering from?
My son's chicken coop and yours look very much alike. Did you use someone's plans or are you winging it ?

kwg
I'm envious of that trench and your soil. Just redid a 40 yr old drain field. Our soil is about 60% rock here and I don't mean gravel. I suspect I'll eventually have about 2 tons of rocks picked up before it will be safe to run my mower again.
Originally Posted by 1minute
I'm envious of that trench and your soil. Just redid a 40 yr old drain field. Our soil is about 60% rock here and I don't mean gravel. I suspect I'll eventually have about 2 tons of rocks picked up before it will be safe to run my mower again.

You live in Kentucky? wink
nice planning and execution.

beat the weeds...
Originally Posted by 1minute

1minute - you and me both.

When I bought my place over in the Wallowas, I wondered why everyone had a pile of rocks in their yard. Buncha weirdos. Couldn't imagine why there were so many rock collectors in the community.

After being there about a year now though, I have my very own rock collection. grin

Every time I do any sort of digging on the property, my collection grows. Seems like the damn things germinate and grow more!
Where's all the snow?
is the garden for your own use. congrats on all the work.

Norm
© 24hourcampfire