Home
U.S. Navy helicopters returned fire and and sank three small boats carrying Houthi militants in the Red Sea on Sunday, after U.S. warships responded to a distress call from a merchant vessel, military officials said. Full story here LINK

It is thought that the helos returned fire using .50-cal guns. No Navy casualties. Ma Deuce 3-0.
About damn time they shoot back.
Whose merchant vessel? If not ours, where is THEIR navy to protect them? Why are we expected to be world's police force?
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Whose merchant vessel? If not ours, where is THEIR navy to protect them? Why are we expected to be world's police force?

The US Navy has fought for open seas to commercial trade from its inception.

It is kinda their deal.

This was just a training exercise with live ammo and reactive targets.
Too bad they let the other one go, probably rules of engagement. In a real war, they’d have gone the way of their pals.

No doubt they’ll be back….
Conversation
U.S. Central Command
@CENTCOM
Iranian-backed Houthi small boats attack merchant vessel and U.S. Navy helicopters in Southern Red Sea

On Dec. 31 at 6:30am (Sanaa time) the container ship MAERSK HANGZHOU issued a second distress call in less than 24 hours reporting being under attack by four Iranian-backed Houthi small boats. The small boats, originating from Houthi-controlled areas in Yemen, fired crew served and small arms weapons at the MAERSK HANGZHOU, getting to within 20 meters of the vessel, and attempted to board the vessel. A contract embarked security team on the MAERSK HANZGHOU returned fire. U.S. helicopters from the USS EISENHOWER (CVN 69) and GRAVELY (DDG 107) responded to the distress call and in the process of issuing verbal calls to the small boats, the small boats fired upon the U.S. helicopters with crew served weapons and small arms. The U.S. Navy helicopters returned fire in self-defense, sinking three of the four small boats, and killing the crews. The fourth boat fled the area. There was no damage to U.S. personnel or equipment.

"A contract embarked security team on the MAERSK HANZGHOU returned fire."
At least, at long last, the merchant vessel had a security team on board that was shooting it out with the pirates.
Biden's Raiders back at it again!

His troops are going to be extra tough once he integrates all of those Haitian illegals into the military. Of course, they're going to kill off the America Caucasians once they get a foothold.

But freedom isn't free! So let's make sure to cheer them on!

Yeah,.....they'll all line up,...bite the head off of a live chicken, then charge into battle against the white supremacist doctors, engineers, and the various and sundry blue collar workers who keep America running.

Afterwards Biden will allocate a few billion dollars for the construction of mud huts across the heartland of America.

It's flag waving time!
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Too bad they let the other one go, probably rules of engagement.

Should have followed that one home and wiped out its base- - - - -either a land operation or maybe a "mother ship". Just give the Navy a set of coordinates and send a swarm of unmanned drones or a few missiles to do the job without risking American lives. "Call of Duty" with real guns and ammo for some video gamer back in the USA.
Maintain any and all shipping, many goods come to us (US) through there. If shippers start getting cold feet in general and curtail shipping, supply chain disruptions ensue again. Butterfly effect.
Too bad they let the other one go, probably rules of engagement. In a real war, they’d have gone the way of their pals.

Kill em all but one. He can go back and warn his buddies what awaits them.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Biden's Raiders back at it again!

His troops are going to be extra tough once he integrates all of those Haitian illegals into the military. Of course, they're going to kill off the America Caucasians once they get a foothold.

But freedom isn't free! So let's make sure to cheer them on!

Yeah,.....they'll all line up,...bite the head off of a live chicken, then charge into battle against the white supremacist doctors, engineers, and the various and sundry blue collar workers who keep America running.

Afterwards Biden will allocate a few billion dollars for the construction of mud huts across the heartland of America.

It's flag waving time!
The Military is The Only Way
Q
Anybody who cheers on Biden's foreign policy,..especially as it pertains to warfare,..is a fuggin idiot.
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
...a swarm of unmanned drones ... without risking American lives. "Call of Duty" with real guns and ammo for some video gamer back in the USA.

That day is coming, sooner than people realize.
Being Security on a cargo ship ain't bad duty, I know 4 Spec Ops Guy's retired that are doing it, foods good, clean beds and hot showers, pay's $ 1500 ---$ 1700.00 per day, depending on what security company they are working for, there are worse jobs. Rio7
Too bad they let the other one go, probably rules of engagement.

Should have followed that one home and wiped out its base- - - - -either a land operation or maybe a "mother ship". Just give the Navy a set of coordinates and send a swarm of unmanned drones or a few missiles to do the job without risking American lives. "Call of Duty" with real guns and ammo for some video gamer back in the USA.

Good chance they were observed, 2023, you don't have to follow to watch.
GO NAVY!!!! smile
Originally Posted by RIO7
Being Security on a cargo ship ain't bad duty, I know 4 Spec Ops Guy's retired that are doing it, foods good, clean beds and hot showers, pay's $ 1500 ---$ 1700.00 per day, depending on what security company they are working for, there are worse jobs. Rio7

That seems like a good job to me. If you were security on a cargo vessel, what rifle would you choose. I'd take a M-14. What do you have, 20 in the mag? Need a real good scope with night vision, and 30 extra mags. Full auto. See the pirates at 400 yards and start firing! Be a sport and start on semi auto. The pirates are being tossed around in a little boat, they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Or, maybe they sneak up on you, they are right at your ship, but have to climb up a 30 foot high steel wall. Looks like a turkey shoot.

That ship portrayed in the Tom Hanks movie had no defense! They sat there and let the pirates climb aboard. Give me a break!
A friend of mines daughter is stationed on board the Eisenhower as a helo pilot. I gotta find out if she was in on the fun.
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG

Kill em all but one. He can go back and warn his buddies what awaits them.

Let them wonder.
Captain Phillips Part II?
Pick a few floaters out of the water and hang 'em off the rails of the cargo ship- - - -trophies for the rest of the pirates to see.
Pick a few floaters out of the water and hang 'em off the rails of the cargo ship- - - -trophies for the rest of the pirates to see.

Scalp them floaters too
Originally Posted by Jcubed

The US Navy has fought for open seas to commercial trade from its inception.

It is kinda their deal.

The US Dollar is the currency of trade.

It's a tax on world trade that benifits those of us who live in the USA.

We get paid for keeping the seas open.
That's nice. We should also destroy whatever port or base these boats are operating from, along with any other Houthi boats located there.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

That seems like a good job to me. If you were security on a cargo vessel, what rifle would you choose. I'd take a M-14. What do you have, 20 in the mag? Need a real good scope with night vision, and 30 extra mags. Full auto. See the pirates at 400 yards and start firing! Be a sport and start on semi auto. The pirates are being tossed around in a little boat, they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Or, maybe they sneak up on you, they are right at your ship, but have to climb up a 30 foot high steel wall. Looks like a turkey shoot.

That ship portrayed in the Tom Hanks movie had no defense! They sat there and let the pirates climb aboard. Give me a break!
It was reported that they had heavy machine guns and that's what they shot at the helos with.
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
That's nice. We should also destroy whatever port or base these boats are operating from, along with any other Houthi boats located there.

Have you seen what they’re building for a “port”? It ain’t usually worth the cost of ammo and whatever they need will be cobbled back together by morning. I agree with you that destroying any infrastructure they have is the way to go but I think focusing on the mother ships would be far more unsettling and effective. It’s the mothership that provisions the attack boats and has the fuel, water and “food” and they’re usually well offshore themselves. Sending the motherships to Neptune’s Locker might strand any skinny’s and their super-panga attack mobiles 100 miles offshore if they don’t get sunk too. 👍🏼
just swatting a few of the wasps never did stop more from coming out of the nest to attack again. Same with goatfuggers. You have to destroy the nest.
Success Brought to you by the Fearless Men and Women of the United States Navy and John Moses Browning!
Too bad one got away.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Success Brought to you by the Fearless Men and Women of the United States Navy and John Moses Browning!
Last time they surrendered to Iran...
Originally Posted by Esox357
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Last time they surrendered to Iran...

Fact, that was embarrassing wasn't it, just following the orders of the Magic Black Faagot.
Bravo! US starts WWIII to protect Zionist genocide in Gaza, and the West Bank, and Lebanon, and Syria. Rah, Muricuh....Hit Iran!
How is sinking s few pirate boats protecting Zionist genocide in Gaza?
Just send a message to the pot stirring goat rapers- - - -"If it floats or flies it dies!" Wasn't that more or less the Trump policy in that region?
Where on earth did brandon find the balls?
Originally Posted by local_dirt
We're on earth did brandon find the balls?

Likely hanging off Michelle obummer.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
...a swarm of unmanned drones ... without risking American lives. "Call of Duty" with real guns and ammo for some video gamer back in the USA.

Co-workers daughter does just that. From a base in Nevada. Flies drones and does the dirty work without even blinking an eye. Asked her years ago if it bothered her when she unleashed the weapons and she said “Nope, I’m sitting in a comfortable chair in Nevada…..doesn’t bother me one bit”
That was probably a good time for the Navy helicopter crew. Get a little shootin’ in at some worthless pirate trash without much risk to the helicopter crews safety.

Win, win.
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Co-workers daughter does just that. From a base in Nevada. Flies drones and does the dirty work without even blinking an eye. Asked her years ago if it bothered her when she unleashed the weapons and she said “Nope, I’m sitting in a comfortable chair in Nevada…..doesn’t bother me one bit”

Ender's game. Scary stuff.

M-240.

Moving boat to moving boat, waves.......incoming fire!

Won't even pretend that I think I could make accurate shots.

240 and an optic?
Read the wave, next one start early and give them 10 as the dot comes on them.
Don't worry, there are 200 more on tap.
And a whole box waiting at my feets.
Just a question from the peanut gallery, but would it not be prudent to put some drones up and above each cargo vessel at the point of possible contact? Armed with anti-ship incendiary missiles? At the first sign of trouble, make them swim back home.....
Originally Posted by smokepole
hey jew bootlicker the houthis said they will prevent ships from going to pissrael until they stop the slaughter in gaza. the navy is only there to protect israel all other ships sail thru with no trouble. operation protect genocide
all the gray beard baby killing death cultists are out in force. they love people getting slaughtered. I guess being dominated by your fat wife for 45 years has that affect. they have to proof their "manhood". greatest day in US history is when the last baby boomer/bomber is dead
Originally Posted by mrmeener
hey jew bootlicker the houthis said they will prevent ships from going to pissrael until they stop the slaughter in gaza. the navy is only there to protect israel all other ships sail thru with no trouble. operation protect genocide
all the gray beard baby killing death cultists are out in force. they love people getting slaughtered. I guess being dominated by your fat wife for 45 years has that affect. they have to proof their "manhood". greatest day in US history is when the last baby boomer/bomber is dead

You are funny!

Oh, geez, yeah, we all take fanatical, homocidal maniacs at their word.

Could it possibly be because the Iranians (their masters in every sense of the word) benefit from increased oil prices caused by the disruption? Nah, that would be too obvious.... The Iranians wouldn't be so obvious as to have their Hamas puppets attack Israel for the same reason? Nah, nobody would be naive enough to do that, everyone would see right through it.
Originally Posted by Dutch
Just a question from the peanut gallery, but would it not be prudent to put some drones up and above each cargo vessel at the point of possible contact? Armed with anti-ship incendiary missiles? At the first sign of trouble, make them swim back home.....

That is a lot of coding.

Just because you think we can go to Mars doesn't make it technologically available atm.

Same w drones...
Markets will determine this outcome. Imho

LOL. who is this anyway?

LOL. who is this anyway?

Someone very smart.
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
That was probably a good time for the Navy helicopter crew. Get a little shootin’ in at some worthless pirate trash without much risk to the helicopter crews safety.

Win, win.

I wouldn't discount the danger. Crew served weapon verses crew served weapon. They certainly had to put themselves inside the range of their adversary to get the kill. Not saying it was a fair fight. The bad guys were on a rocking small boat and don't have the training we do but it was not a risk free operation. Nice job by the helo bubbas.
Originally Posted by Pugs

Win, win.

I wouldn't discount the danger. Crew served weapon verses crew served weapon. They certainly had to put themselves inside the range of their adversary to get the kill. Not saying it was a fair fight. The bad guys were on a rocking small boat and don't have the training we do but it was not a risk free operation. Nice job by the helo bubbas.

👍
Something funny there----- no place to hide and a boat in open water gets away from an attack chopper
What Pugs said. No matter how untrained your adversary is, there is always the Golden BB. Bullets in the air coming your way is never a safe environment.

If you have never been seriously and intently shot at, you cannot imagine what it is like.
amazing how death cult boomers call the houthis pirates. I guess the US taking numerous oil tankers from Iran looting 100's of billions from Iran controlling Iraqs oil money in US banks so when they try to throw out US troops the threaten them. US right now in the process of stealing 300 billion from Russia
wanna know why assange is still in jail. assange played a major role in getting rabbi trump elected but trump never pardoned him but pardoned 40 jew gangsters and a bunch of rappers

Attached picture GBcHpX0WkAAu8to.jpg
Originally Posted by Pugs

Win, win.

Can't put ourselves inside the heads of some dirt poor, uneducated, Muslim,
from halfway around the world....

Man to man, someone going against our military makes a little sense.
Maybe?

But to engage our machines?

In a face to face fight?

You would sure have to be wanting that promised 72 pieces of tail.

LOL. who is this anyway?

Someone very smart.
thanks Bro. dont have to be smart to see thru retards
The boatmen is the surviving boat will go back and tell the tale to all the other emeffers….
Too bad the A-10 Warthog wasn't ever adapted to VTOL. Seems like it'd make a really good item to have onboard a container ship for self-defense.

Anyone here know what commercial shipping vessels are allowed to have for armament/self defense in international waters? Those sea-wiz gattling-gun things seem prudent in pirate waters.

I'm tossing out ideas and questions. I'm fairly certain nobody knows less about maritime law and commercial shipping defense than I do. I basically as far as one can get in North America from any ocean.
I think underwater drones will be the next step to which there is no defense
The USN isn't the only naval force engaged in anti-pirate patrols. The British, French, and Russians have all been involved in these deployments. Probably some other countries I am forgetting too.

LOL. who is this anyway?

A camel piss bathing Muzzy?
Originally Posted by wldthg
Something funny there----- no place to hide and a boat in open water gets away from an attack chopper

I agree. Can't see how one got away.
I guess you've never heard of Rules of Engagement.
Leave the one boat to squirt back and tell the story . . ."hey it ain't business as usual any more"

Surely with today's technology we can pinpoint the missile launch sites!
What the ayatollah didn't tell that muzzy goat fugger is that those 72 virgins are all male, and hung like Ron Jeremy. He's going to be the catcher, not the pitcher!
What the ayatollah didn't tell that muzzy goat fugger is that those 72 virgins are all male, and hung like Ron Jeremy. He's going to be the catcher, not the pitcher!

"72 virgins", is a mistranslation from the original Coptic. It's 72 white raisins waiting for them.
What's the appeal of 72 virgins? Wouldn't it be more fun with a few imaginative examples well experienced in getting it on?
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Have you seen what they’re building for a “port”? It ain’t usually worth the cost of ammo and whatever they need will be cobbled back together by morning. I agree with you that destroying any infrastructure they have is the way to go but I think focusing on the mother ships would be far more unsettling and effective. It’s the mothership that provisions the attack boats and has the fuel, water and “food” and they’re usually well offshore themselves. Sending the motherships to Neptune’s Locker might strand any skinny’s and their super-panga attack mobiles 100 miles offshore if they don’t get sunk too. 👍🏼

You bet, destroy wherever they are operating from.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

You bet, destroy wherever they are operating from.

5 inch gunners need target practice too.
I watched a documentary on pirates in that area, but Somalian in this case, and it was saying Maritime law forbade most ships from taking arms on board when they were in port. The usual drill was to board the security in port and they would get their arms from floating ships out in the ocean who would "rent" them the weapons until they came close to their next port. Not sure if this is still the method of arming security on board ships with the ongoing piracy issues, but it was spelled out pretty clearly.

This is the reporting on the US anti piracy patrols only. I've watched a few videos on Russian and other anti piracy patrols and it seems they don't believe in "rules of engagement". You f--- with them, you die in no uncertain terms.... I would bet that the US has unmanned drones pinpointing the bases and mother ships as we speak and when it becomes necessary they will become legitimate targets of opportunity and target practice for whatever assets need the practice. I just hope they video tape it so we get to join in the fun.
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
Bravo! US starts WWIII to protect Zionist genocide in Gaza, and the West Bank, and Lebanon, and Syria. Rah, Muricuh....Hit Iran!
It's Isolationist Doctrine.
Every generation has them and they haven't been right yet.
"72 cougars" would get my attention- - - -sex starved post-menopausal widow gals- - - - -"They don't yell, they don't tell, they don't swell, and they're grateful as hell!"

Don't some of our attack subs need some target practice- - - -like sinking a few mother ships with conventional torpedoes?
A few thoughts:

It didn’t ‘get away’. It turned tail and the helis allowed it to exit. Same as when a robber sees their partner get shot and runs. Can’t shoot him in the back.

The bases for these boats, and missile launch sites are known. The decision to remove them has not been made yet.

These are not pirate boats in the same manner as Somali pirates in the western Indian Ocean. These are jihad terrorists.

Just my view.
Originally Posted by ironbender
A few thoughts:

It didn’t ‘get away’. It turned tail and was allowed to exit. Same as when a robber sees their partner get shot and runs. Can’t shoot him in the back.

The bases for these boats, and missile launch sites are known. The decision to remove them has not been made yet.

These are not pirate boats in the same manner as Somali pirates in the western Indian Ocean. These are jihad terrorists.

Just my view.

Damn Joo lover.
Sheesh.

The big question is, do them houthis have any blowfish?
Yeah that, and why didn't Israel just let Hamas get away with it.

Sheesh.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Anybody who cheers on Biden's foreign policy,..especially as it pertains to warfare,..is a fuggin idiot.
I don't call it cheering on. I call it taking care of business. To each their own.

kwg
yup almost got caught in a fire fight between VC ? and ARVN's --- HQ said that's a NO NO get the hell out of there I'm glad I got denied now
Which battle plans were the ARVNs using- - - -RUN, or HIDE?
I’ve been through the straights of Hormuz at least a dozen times and it is never a fun transit. Little fuggin boats smuggling schit flying around. Standing watch behind a gun, spotting those fuggers is exhausting.
ARVN's were on the defense ---They were dug in ---- their small compound along the road was being hit----- I know exactly what you are talking about. Hide

what unit did you serve with in Vietnam?

ARVN is just like their flag. Half of 'em is red, and the rest are yellow.
A few thoughts:

It didn’t ‘get away’. It turned tail and was allowed to exit. Same as when a robber sees their partner get shot and runs. Can’t shoot him in the back.

Just my view.

Damn Joo lover.
Fuggin idiot ^^^ that doesn't know his ass from a hole in ground.
With all due respect.
Don’t really get parody, sarcasm, and jest, eh?
LOL
LOL
Apparently not!
Just to give a little input on what I said---- where I was in the Central Highlands !! core was 30 miles south of the city of Dalat--- We were an Engineering unit rebuilding a road QL 20. There were no American Infantry unites within 100 miles to my knowledge we had to depend on ARVN and the Yards. The only contact I ever had with American Infantryman was we picked up a LRRP team on the road one day and gave them a ride to our compound. Web
Originally Posted by MOGC
The USN isn't the only naval force engaged in anti-pirate patrols. The British, French, and Russians have all been involved in these deployments. Probably some other countries I am forgetting too.
and the Chinese
A co-worker who did his Vietnam Tour on Hueys liked to tell about
their flights to dispose of worn out barrels.

"You really haven't seen funny until it starts raining M60 and 50 caliber barrels on
a Sampan. I've heard🤣🤣🤣 you drop a couple 60 barrels near them, get them dodging. Give them a chance, then you get serious with the 50s. A 50 barrel will
go clear through a sampan.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣!"
Sheesh.

The big question is, do them houthis have any blowfish?

Let er cry...lol

You are funny!

Her written words scream stupidity.
LOL

Not very good at reading sign either....
Just curious. The situation being what it is now 75 years after the 1948 Israeli war for survival, what should the Israelis do in response to the October 2023 attack launched from an adjoining territory by a people sworn to kill all Jews and take the only piece of land on earth directly controlled by Jewish people. This invasion killed without regard for age, sex, or any other factor. If you were Jewish or American you were killed or worse.

I absolutely do not favor the USA being involved in ground wars in foreign countries, but what should we do when our trade and commerce on the oceans is disrupted? We have always fought for free trade for ourselves on the oceans. The 2nd World War was in a large part caused by interference with Japanese trade and we share blame for that. As Ron Paul said sanctions always lead to war. So maybe we should protect peaceful trade for ALL nations. Even Russia and Iran. But maybe we could be smart enough to not put our army on the ground in other folks disputes.
© 24hourcampfire