Home
Nope , he was found dead December 1.
It's alright be old. We can have grandkids.
What is the cutoff age ? I just turned 70. Am I there yet ??

kwg
Me, I'm eighty.
I think I've earned every wrinkle.
The old man is a tough SOB!
I’m trying not to let the old man in. I feel I’m losing!!
Originally Posted by Whelenman
You and me both.
The OM in me is pretty hard to whip in the aches & pains dept.

But I can beat him in a round or 2 in attituded. I still like to hoop, holler & have fun.
Hell no!
The Old Man in my family was my Dad. “The Old Man” was an earned title!
He’s The guy that taught me how to hunt, shoot and most importantly, to be a man. I admired him till the day he died, and I treasure the memories of him. Hunting with him, my brothers, and my son together are memories that I’ll cherish till I die.
As much as I like hunting by myself, being part of a family that hunts together, is a gift from God.
I set my sights to be like him.
I’m getting old. I don’t care for it much, but the alternative is a dirt nap, and I figure I still got work to do before I’m called home.
Reon
at 72, just finished a half bottle of fine wine, and packed for dawn duck hunt tomorrow.
going out on chesapeake for some divers, and next day for sea ducks.
shot clay targets last three days with college buddy.

hit most of them at three fine maryland sporting clay courses: pintail point, schraders, and hopkins farm.

the old man is lurking, but held at bay with hard work, moderate abuse of my body, and alcohol preservatives in moderation..

loving family and wife and 7 grandchildren, is a great antidote.

and do not take politics too personal.

go Clint go.
Mine died, don't miss him.
The number one reason old men get hurt is because they think they are still young men.
Oh yes, for sure. But there's only one alternative to getting old... and I don't want that.
I liked the first scene in the video where he stands up quickly and he's heading out to do something important, and then he stops and tries to remember what it was he was going to do.
Me and the old man are trying to reach a mutually acceptable set of compromises. Kinda like...if you don't pick up 3 wire bales, I'll let you walk upright sorta thing.
Damed straight
Today back to work , hot damed
Kenneth
I let the old man in on rare occasions- - - - -buy a bottle of good booze and help him finish it off. He gets such a nasty hangover that he's afraid to come back for a few months. I don't miss him while he's gone.
Everybody's fighting the old man. Some just don't realize it yet.

I don't care who you are, he's coming for you...and you should be so lucky as to someday meet him.
Three quarters of a century.
I'll be 71 in a couple weeks. I hit the gym 5 days a week, hike and climb hills for 2.5-3.5 miles afterward. I've lost 40 lbs since I retired and dropped my A1c by from 10 to 5.9 in the last 10 years. Doing it mostly so I can pheasant hunt with my son and our buddies. We've been to South Dakota twice this year. According to the phone app I walked up to 10 miles a day on those hunts. Glad not all of it was cattails!
IDK, I'll be 70 this year, it's starting to sound old....
At the young age of eighty, I wonder what the Good Lord want's me to do for Him.
Yeah , me too , but I’m gonna keep on with it long as I can
Get past this leg thing I’m going to get back into some hiking and graduate to a loaded pack , I hope
Kenneth
[Linked Image from brain.northwestern.edu]

The reason retirement was set as 65 is it an expiration date. Your product is not selling.

At 72 I can still do chin ups and push ups like a young man, but counting down from 100 by 7's is hard.

I retired at 57, the week Obama was elected. I did not want work and pay him taxes... grumpy old man syndrome.
Spent seven hours in the truck yesterday moving farm equipment and picking up a load of lumber for barn siding. The old man met me when I sat down last night.

Back aches. Sore muscles. Bumps and scrapes. All signs that I am still alive! Thank you, Lord!

Joshua 1:9
We shall never be this young again. Enjoy life.
Hangovers hurt more than they used to
Actually, so does everything else.
70 in

march, still fighting him
Originally Posted by Dutch
The number one reason old men get hurt is because they think they are still young men.

It's tough.

Started 10 years ago when I realized my then 70 year old Dad wasn't near what he
used to be.

Now, I realize this 54 year old isn't what I used to be.

The guy who used to grab logs and they moved, or didn't, now puts a certain
amount of stress on his body....and just knows to stop.

And I have a 6 foot tall, gorilla of a drywaller, future son in law, who is stronger than
i ever was. Road clearing, logs and rocks I would have easily carried off the road 30 years ago? That boy lifts over his head and Tarzan throws into the woods.
Dad drives the truck, I run the saw, Nathan makes us feel worthless!😟
How old would you be if you didn’t know the day you were born?
Sachel Paige, "How old would be if you didn't know how old you waz?"
If I had known I was going to live this long I would have taken a LOT better care of myself. I never planned to live past my 30's. It sucks when a plan falls apart.
Originally Posted by 1Longbow
70 in

march, still fighting him

In July and still fighting him too. New knee 6 months ago and back in a gym, gonna keep at it until I can't.
I just do things slower.
I have been trying to keep the old man out for the last five years. He snuck in the back door. Both my knees within bad within 6 months I am in week 7 or PT trying to get some ROM back.Stroke set me back last year.

Toby does another song "I ain't as good as I once was, but I am good once as I ever was". I got my elk and deer last season solo ,but it definitely was "one of".
I must be good. About 20 seconds was all I could take of that music. Maybe another 20 years before I'm old enough.
Originally Posted by tankerjockey
You and me both.

Let's stay strong gents.
Originally Posted by Heym06
I just do things slower.

Yessir, I understand completely.
I turned 76 this past November, quadruple bypass surgery 2 years ago. The old man has is foot in the door.
Well, we ain't dead yet!
age and medical issues have really turned me into the old man. I push back as much as possible, but it's a losing game.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Lift weights...
There’s a sturdy but trim older guy at my gym. He’s there lifting 4-5 days a week. Basic lifts and he’s pretty strong. I thought he was doing well for a man of 70 or so. Guy is 83 years old. He’s an inspiration to everybody there.
Originally Posted by tankerjockey
You and me both.
Same here. The cartoon above has it right. Sometimes I'm shocked at the old man staring back at me in the mirror.

My sister arranged a group video call with my father, myself, her, her husband, her adult children, one of their wives, and my grand nephews and nieces. My father kept asking who the old man was in the lower left corner of the screen. He wasn't joking.
At 75 fighting it every day. A baseline of daily aches and pains that I can pretty much keep under control. Most of the year run a few miles several days a week and do strength training. All that typically falls apart come hunting season, then I struggle to get back to it after New Years. Killed 8 deer between SC and NY this year. Didn’t make it to Missouri this year but hope for all three next year.

Today my wife and I are going to look at some property we want to buy to build a retirement home on. I’m ready to settle down, I guess.
It's no disgrace to getting old (old man syndrome) it's just inconvenient as heck.
I will be 60 in February, retired this past April after 32yrs on the iron. Healthy as a horse except for a few shot lumbar discs, take zero medication other than a bit of good whiskey on occasion. Yes the old man is creepin' in but after reading the comments from you old farts , Hell I feel like a pup. cool
I'll be 67 in a few months and I have to fight him off every morning. I know I should be working out on a regular schedule but I sometimes get busy on ticky-tac chores that tend to eat time up without a lot to show for it. I still ride my dirt bike at least twice a month and do all that maintenance. I just replaced the intermediate drive shaft on the wife's car and changed the oil.
I volunteer at our fire museum resto shop with a bunch of other old farts which brings me great pleasure. We have regular visits from local crews and I look at them and wonder if I was ever that young. I watch the news when brush fires are blowing through and tell my wife I can't believe I used to do that.
Kind of funny, I was in the ER for another round of SVT. I asked the room of 7-8 people including two doctors if anyone was born before 1983. They all said no. I told them that was the year I went to paramedic school. Got a big laugh and got a big eye roll from my wife.
Embracing it!!!

I’ve never had so much fun in all my life!!!

I get away with schidt now I’d never gotten away with 30 years ago!!!
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Embracing it!!!

I’ve never had so much fun in all my life!!!

I get away with schidt now I’d never gotten away with 30 years ago!!!

That makes two of us. You earned it. I’m just enjoying it.
Originally Posted by JPro
There’s a sturdy but trim older guy at my gym. He’s there lifting 4-5 days a week. Basic lifts and he’s pretty strong. I thought he was doing well for a man of 70 or so. Guy is 83 years old. He’s an inspiration to everybody there.
Fellow at the gym I used to go to is somewhat like that. You wouldn't mistake him for 70, he's the definition of "little old man", about 5' 5" or so, maybe 135 pounds and from the wrinkles in his face obviously in his 80's, but he was there every day working out with 10 or 15 pound dumbbells.

He was kind of an inspiration for me as how I'd like to be when I get his age - not a strong guy per se but still putting in the effort, doing what he could and not giving up.
Gonna be 80 in 10 days .Took the dogs for a two mile walk this morning .Have had both knees replaced and they don`t hurt anymore . I spend an hour on weights every other day and 45 minutes of yoga in the morning . Praise the Lord for keeping me healthy .
Originally Posted by Brokenarrow
I will be 60 in February, retired this past April after 32yrs on the iron. Healthy as a horse except for a few shot lumbar discs, take zero medication other than a bit of good whiskey on occasion. Yes the old man is creepin' in but after reading the comments from you old farts , Hell I feel like a pup. cool
Same here sorta, I don’t know that I feel like a pup but I have a ways to go to catch up to a lot of you fellas.

Hope I make it

KC
"The old man is down the road"
I would like to say something smart about being old but can't remember any thing clever about being 85, except i'm surprised every morning when i wake up, never ever considered being this old. Rio7
© 24hourcampfire