Home
Posted By: hanco Which do you use? - 01/03/24
I have DeWalt

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Which do you use? - 01/03/24
Dewalt.
Posted By: Rugies Re: Which do you use? - 01/03/24
Mostly dewalt though i do have a milwakee sawzall and 90 degree drill.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Which do you use? - 01/03/24
Dewalt in this house. I have a bunch of Dewalt tools and batteries from 20v to 80v so this Christmas when we bought tools for our son we stuck with Dewalt.

Plumbers and electricians use Milwaukee around here and if I was starting from scratch I’d look hard at Milwaukee tools, they make good stuff.
Posted By: kenster99 Re: Which do you use? - 01/03/24
DeWalt
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Which do you use? - 01/03/24
This is a Milwaukee house.
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: Which do you use? - 01/03/24
DeWalt, but I'm negotiable. 🤣
Posted By: crittrgittr Re: Which do you use? - 01/03/24
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Posted By: tmitch Re: Which do you use? - 01/03/24
Dewalt 20V and some Milwaukee 110V
Posted By: Viper225 Re: Which do you use? - 01/03/24
Dewalt 20V with several 4, 5, and 6 AH Batteries.

Bob R
Posted By: dale06 Re: Which do you use? - 01/03/24
DeWalt
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Which do you use? - 01/03/24
I hate to this, but Ridged.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Which do you use? - 01/03/24
I use 3 of the 4. No ryobi
Posted By: gkt5450 Re: Which do you use? - 01/03/24
Makita here.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Which do you use? - 01/03/24
And I have a Hitachi miter saw that I can't kill.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Which do you use? - 01/03/24
DeWalt.
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Which do you use? - 01/03/24
DeWalt.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Which do you use? - 01/03/24
Battery tools DeWalt, corded tools Milwaukee!
Posted By: jwleeper Re: Which do you use? - 01/03/24
Dewalt and Ridged both are good tools.
Have a great day.
Jim
Posted By: muleshoe Re: Which do you use? - 01/03/24
Started a long time ago with DeWalt and have been edging over to the red stuff the last couple years. I like ‘em for cordless.

I do have an electric skill saw and angle grinder that are Makita. I’ve had the angle grinder for probably 10 and it’s served me well. The saw is about a year and a half old and has done a good job.
Posted By: muleshoe Re: Which do you use? - 01/03/24
Originally Posted by Whelenman

I’ve heard good things about Ridgid.
Posted By: tankerjockey Re: Which do you use? - 01/03/24
Dewalt , but damn those batteries are expensive!
Posted By: old_willys Re: Which do you use? - 01/03/24
When I retired I gave away my old collect of odds and ends and bought a complete DeWalt 20V set, whats pictured plus a drawer of saws, etc..

Attached picture dewalt 2.jpg
Posted By: MickinColo Re: Which do you use? - 01/03/24
Battery powered tools, Milwaukee.
Posted By: vacrt2002 Re: Which do you use? - 01/03/24
Ryobi because it was a Christmas gift that was 5 years ago and they are still going.

I have all three impact drivers and the assortment of saws, drills, lights and vacuum.

Around the house and auto DIY - all works on the same batteries no complaints.

They are not go build a house quality but they all work.
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Which do you use? - 01/03/24
I recently found a New-In-Box Porter Cable 3/8" 2620 Variable Speed Drill amongst my 'stuff' in the garage.
I have no idea when I bought it or how many years (or decades ago) - I did?

I just noticed, there is the original wide transparent factory strapping tape still sealing the box...

Also, ONE YEAR WARRANTY
Posted By: ndh19 Re: Which do you use? - 01/03/24
Milwaukee , batteries are the best , although expensive
Posted By: VaHunter Re: Which do you use? - 01/03/24
My two sons both have Dewalt cordless tools so when it came time for me to buy my first cordless Dewalt was the default due to the three of us to be able to interchange batteries. We do some projects together, though not as many as I had anticipated, and it has been handy to have plenty of power supplies available.
Posted By: Remington280 Re: Which do you use? - 01/03/24
Depends...went from Milwaukee to Ridged to Dewalt.
I switched to Dewalt cause I can get them at cost...no brainer.
Posted By: tripod3 Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
just a whore here, I've got them all. Recently more milwaukee because they've been innovative with little things that others skip for profit.
Posted By: reivertom Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
I got into Ryobi cheap a few years ago at an estate sale, and can't see any reason to switch. I got several tools and batteries, and they do everything I need them to do. I have abused a couple of them and they still keep going. For the price they do a good job.
Posted By: Huntz Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
I have some of each ,but prefer Hitachi .
Posted By: Showdog75 Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
I have Bosch for the majority of my cordless stuff with the exception of a Milwaukee cordless port-a-band.
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
Ryobi at home

Milwaukie at work
Posted By: K1500 Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
What I have learned from this thread is Ridgid tool owners can’t even spell their favorite brand.
Posted By: tater74 Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
Porter-Cable, but son is moving me to Milwaukee.

They are really good, but expensive.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
I have all four, but prefer Dewalt and Milwaukee.
Posted By: jmdriver Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
Milwaukee here but I’m sure they aren’t all far off from each other.
Posted By: carrollco Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
My son got a deal on a Ryobi set and gifted it to me for my birthday. 6 different tools in one bag; all battery powered. It suits me and my piddling projects. I had a mishmash of Makita and others before. I’m bad about buying from my favorite pawn shops where I can haggle on the price. We have a Milwaukee factory locally and a lot of their products wind up pawned, many in the original packaging. The company is good with their employee discounts especially on overrun items when fulfilling a contract. Of course some walk out of the plant and get liquidated into cash with no questions asked also. They are building yet another plant at Grenada Mississippi.
Posted By: Wannabebwana Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
Ryobi. Like others, I’m not building houses, just piddling projects. Leaves more money for guns and ammo.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
I have both DeWalt and Milwaukee. Even have a few old 18V DeWalt tools that are adapted to 20V batteries.
Posted By: Gypsy_Wind Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
Bosch, but there are some Milwaukee tools that I could see trying next. I pick up Bosch batteries on clearance when I see them and am up to like 19 or something so pretty invested in sticking with them unless I need something they don’t make.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
I have a little of everything.
Posted By: Verylargeboots Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
I am gonna catch so much hell on here for this, but whatever, GFY.

For cordless stuff it is Bauer or Hercules. I'm a younger guy who does home improvement projects and works on my own vehicles, as well as friends and relatives. I don't need the top of the line stuff. My dad told me when I was young that as I grow and mature, so will my tools.
Posted By: fishnpbr Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
Ridgid and Milwaukee
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
I have mostly DeWalt and SnapOn. Bought 6 AH batteries yesterday for $100
Posted By: sidepass Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
DeWalt and Milwaukee . Do have a couple old Makita drill motors that won't die.
Posted By: Mathsr Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
Porter Cable for the most part. I’ve been very satisfied with their tools. DeWalt didn’t work out so well
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
Originally Posted by Showdog75
I have Bosch for the majority of my cordless stuff with the exception of a Milwaukee cordless port-a-band.
I started buying bosch at the local Menards and i still buy an occasional Bosch. It does everything I need. My son has gone Makita. If I need to go big I go to his house.

kwg
Posted By: steveus Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
All Milwaukee for me except for a corded 7.25" circular saw by Makita
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
As much Milwaukee as I can afford.
Posted By: NH Hunter Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
Ryobi for cordless. Corded is a mix of everything from harbor freight to Bosch depending on usage and need.
Posted By: Rangersedge Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
Lots and lots of Dewalt and they've mostly been good; but would probably go Milwaukee if starting over. I have the impression their tools are equally good (some better some worse) but their customer service is much better.
Posted By: Deans Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
Dewalt at the house. Milwaukee 18v Mid Torque 3/8 drive for the vehicles.
Posted By: 7mm_Loco Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
i don't care... as long as it has a cord!...
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
Milwaukee owns the cordless market.
It’s not even close.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
Mostly Makita, Bosch, Milwaukee; some Ryobi and one Dewalt.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
I've got a 25 y/o magnesium Makita hypoid saw. I will pass it on when I die.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
only battery power stuff I've got is the 18/20 volt Kobalt
and then 18 volt Milwaukee grease gun
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
All my power equipment is now Ryobi, early on like 35 yrs. ago I was a Makita guy.
Posted By: fburgtx Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
Milwaukee routinely tests better in reviews. With that said, I can find DeWalt in more places, they’re less expensive, it’s owned by an American company (not a Hong Kong one, like Milwaukee), and many of the DeWalt tools are built/assembled in the USA.

Since the DeWalt have more than enough power for me, and are plenty durable for my every few weeks/monthly use, it’s a “compromise” I’m willing to make.

DeWalt.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
Started years ago with Makita 9.8v cordless drill. For the price of batteries, I got into DeWalt cordless. For batteries/chargers, stayed there.

My daughter has a couple Ryobi that she bought for the color - lime green is her fave.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
I have never had the motor on a Makita tool fail.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Milwaukee routinely tests better in reviews. With that said, I can find DeWalt in more places, they’re less expensive, it’s owned by an American company (not a Hong Kong one, like Milwaukee), and many of the DeWalt tools are built/assembled in the USA.

Since the DeWalt have more than enough power for me, and are plenty durable for my every few weeks/monthly use, it’s a “compromise” I’m willing to make.

DeWalt.
the Milwaukee battery that came with my grease gun would not run it would not charge would not do freaking nothing.

I read up and checked out how to jump start this thing and I encourage you to do the same but it did actually work and got to charge and away we go

so I do not buy that Milwaukee test all this [bleep] that's [bleep] bullshit
Posted By: Aviator Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
DeWalt
Posted By: pal Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
Still using ancient DeWalt 12volt drill/drivers. Hate using the Makita cordless. Love the Milwaukee tools.
Posted By: AKislander Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
All my cordless models are Milwaukee, all M18 except for a M12 "dremel" tool.

Corded tools vary, Fein, Bosch, Festool, Makita and a Miwaukee heat gun. Probably another one (or two) I'm forgetting.
Posted By: DMc Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
DeWalt
Posted By: Nestucca Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
Dewalt
I have something from all of them. I do have a cordless power tool set from Ryobe and have had good luck with them.
Posted By: LeakyWaders Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
Nowadays...I just watch Project Farm and buy what I need based upon his reviews.
Posted By: cisco1 Re: Which do you use? - 01/04/24
Any thing but Dewalt....they need to be repaired the most.

Have lots of cordless tools , Milwaukee rules . They make more cordless than any other.
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Which do you use? - 01/06/24
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Originally Posted by Whelenman

I’ve heard good things about Ridgid.

I love mine!!
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Which do you use? - 01/06/24
I have moved to Milwaukee tools and have been generally pleased with the purchases.

Okay, except for the minor point that I actually have to use them.
Posted By: Riverhawk Re: Which do you use? - 01/06/24
Originally Posted by MickinColo
Battery powered tools, Milwaukee.

This
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Which do you use? - 01/06/24
DeWalt
Posted By: Houser52 Re: Which do you use? - 01/06/24
Only bought one Dewalt and that was a corded 3/8 drill. The gears stripped before the price sticker wore off. That turned me away from Dewalt. Now I have only Ridgid battery tools and a corded Hitachi drill. I’ve put the Ridgid drill through hel# building pasture fences.
Posted By: firstcoueswas80 Re: Which do you use? - 01/06/24
I have the exact pictured Dewalt kit.
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: Which do you use? - 01/06/24
My battery arsenal is makita.
Posted By: 1beaver_shooter Re: Which do you use? - 01/06/24
Dewalt for battery-powered because it was a Christmas present and I don't want to have 3 or 4 different sets of batteries in the way and whatever works best for the job on everything else
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Which do you use? - 01/06/24
I have a bag of Ryobi tools I’ve had for 25 years or more. They all still work fine. I am going to replace the NiCad batteries with the newer Lithium Ion batteries and charger though.

I wouldn’t try to make a living with them, but they do what I need.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Which do you use? - 01/06/24
DeWalt stuff around here, 3 different spotlight/ area lights, a blower, an older string trimmer that still works good, and a newer string trimmer that's what they call "attachment capable". Which means it can use the brush cutter attachment I got for it, and so far that's all I do with it, as the older string trimmer is still going strong. Then there's the reciprocating saw that I use the heck out of, usually with a 12" wood blade for all kinds of brush and limb cutting. Knew a plumber years ago who swore by DeWalt stuff, so when I began buying that sort of equipment I did so on his recommendation. Although there's a friend of mine that's a Milwaukee guy and he has good luck with them. Whenever I get anything DeWalt, it's when they have specials on it, like a free battery or battery plus charger. The batteries are expensive and so far I haven't had to buy one outright.
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Which do you use? - 01/06/24
This is one of the very few areas where I have no brand loyalty. They all seem to work very well. Guys at work and at church argue back and forth all the time about which brand is better.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Which do you use? - 01/06/24
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
This is one of the very few areas where I have no brand loyalty. They all seem to work very well. Guys at work and at church argue back and forth all the time about which brand is better.
Brand loyalty does ensure you can swap batteries among tools.
Posted By: KC Re: Which do you use? - 01/06/24
dewalt
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Which do you use? - 01/06/24
Milwaukee cordless and corded.
Posted By: fester Re: Which do you use? - 01/06/24
Posted By: Greyghost Re: Which do you use? - 01/06/24
Corded only...

Phil
Posted By: RS308MX Re: Which do you use? - 01/06/24
Dewalt here.
Posted By: Rock63 Re: Which do you use? - 01/06/24
Ryobi for me. Some stuff is ok. Hammer drill not so much.

My buddy owns a cabinet shop. Years ago they used Mikita (only game in town). He tried Dewalt and liked them but found they didn’t last any longer than the Ryobi for their use.
Posted By: TwoTall Re: Which do you use? - 01/06/24
I had a Ryobi drill that did good until it got drenched doing a transmission service on my pickup. Then went to ridged which were great for a decade, a four tool combo. My dad now has those tools now. I went Red dove in the deep end. Close to 20 different tools, added on to the house, doing most of the work myself so could justify new tools. Had one hammerdrill go bad in a month. Got it repaired locally for free. Batteries been great even got a sting trimmer leaf blower combo because it had an 8.0 battery. It’s been great not fighting the snake nest of extension cords during the building project. Skillsaws nailers vacuum stapler grinder vibrating cutter hacksaw drills M 18 and M12 to name a few. They’ve been good to me. Knock on wood.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Which do you use? - 01/06/24
I also like Hitachi tools
Posted By: roverboy Re: Which do you use? - 01/06/24
Dewalt. Drill, work light, sawsall, and impact.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Which do you use? - 01/06/24
I might have the Skill angle grinder I bought in 1960.
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Which do you use? - 01/07/24
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

I have used every type of worm gear saw made.
NONE compare to the Skillsaw 77. Makita is my least favorite. The local repair shop still repairs a lot of 77s for the framers. The others are throw-aways
© 24hourcampfire