Home
So what else from the Clinton administration is being held secret from the American People??

https://vintageaviationnews.com/avi...n-to-officially-fly-combat-missions.html

The Smithsonian’s National Air and Space Museum has revealed for the first time the names of the first U.S. women military pilots to officially fly combat missions, nearly 30 years after the military acknowledged their milestone. The women had kept their identities quiet for that time out of a desire to focus on the importance of the missions and not the individuals. The fliers agreed to be named in an exclusive article in the just-released winter 2024 issue of the museum’s Air & Space Quarterly magazine, which was based on interviews with the women.

On Nov. 15, 1994, U.S. Navy Lt. Kimberly “Face” Dyson became the first American woman to fly a combat mission for the United States, taking off from the deck of the aircraft carrier USS Dwight D. Eisenhower in a McDonnell Douglas F/A-18C Hornet. She was one of a cadre of five female Naval aviators to earn the distinction as the others flew in the days immediately after. Dyson’s colleagues in combat included fellow F/A-18C pilots Lt. Sharon “Pinto” Deegan (Cummins at the time) and Lt. Junior Grade Joy “Trigger” Dean (Adams at the time); Grumman E-2C Hawkeye pilot Lt. Lisa “KP” Kirkpatrick; and Sikorsky SH-3 helicopter pilot Lt. Lynne Fowler.

They flew their combat missions in 1994 and 1995, starting with Operation Southern Watch in Iraq to enforce no-fly and no-drive zones in the years following the 1991 Gulf War and continuing into Operation Deny Flight over Bosnia and Herzegovina. Several women had been selected to become combat pilots beginning in April 1993, when the Department of Defense allowed women to fly in combat. Dyson and her colleagues became the first to fly in official combat missions.

In May 2023, Dyson, Deegan, Dean, and Kirkpatrick sat down for an interview with National Air and Space Museum curator Michael Hankins and explained that they did not previously share their identities because they wanted to be recognized for what they did, not who they were.

“Their anonymity was, to them, a sign of their success,” Hankins said. “The women wanted to be recognized as effective aviators, just like the others they served with, regardless of gender.”

“We were ready to do anything,” said Dyson of her first combat flights. “It was a little nerve-racking. But in the end, [the first mission] turned out to be a normal flight, very much the same as we had done in practice.”

“Just Doing Their Jobs,” the article sharing the pilot’s experiences on the mission and in their groundbreaking roles, is available in the print and online editions of Air & Space Quarterly. The magazine is a member publication of the museum and each issue shares amazing stories of both the history of and current state of aviation, space exploration and travel, air- and space-related art and culture, and more.

The National Air and Space Museum in Washington, D.C., is located at Sixth Street and Independence Avenue S.W. and is open every day except Dec. 25 from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Admission is free, but timed-entry passes are required to visit. The Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center is located in Chantilly, Virginia, near Washington Dulles International Airport and is open every day except Dec. 25 from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Admission is free and timed-entry passes are not required, and parking is $15.
Didn't some of the female pilots who ferried P-39s to Russia in WW II get in some "unofficial" combat time? Probably a few others along the way who will never get recognized for their accomplishments.
Cool bit of history!
I had a couple of them as students..
Oh.......there are a bunch of things we'll never know about Bill Clinton and his lovely wife.
What do you call the offspring of a lesbian and a draft dodger? Chelsea Hubbel, maybe?

Attached picture Chelsea.jpg
Curiosity got the best of me as I just had to have a look see what a female combat pilot with a nickname “face” looked like. A better than 50% chance told me she was hot.
U.S. Navy Lt. Kimberly “Face” Dyson

You dang skippy she’s hot.
Not to detract, but lived down the street from an original WASP a Full Bird Colonel in the USAF Mary, flew transport B-17s into England, then transports into Berlin, her plane crashed while landing in a storm in Berlin. She was the only survivor on board. As a squadron commander she was as tough as a cut horseshoe nail.

The first woman fighter pilot ace, in history, Lydia Litvyak call sign White Lilly of the Soviet Air Force whom is credited with up to 12 victories. She was shot down and KIA by two German pilots outside of Stalingrad.

https://www.war history online.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/64/2019/02/800px-d0b1d0b5d180d188d0b0d0bdd181d0bad0b0d18f_d0b5d0b2d0b4d0bed0bad0b8d18f_d0b4d0b0d0b2d18bd0b4d0bed0b2d0bdd0b0_cropped-511x640.jpg
It's a biological fact that women have slower reflexes than men. The reasons for having women as fighter pilots does not include anything to do with winning fights.
Originally Posted by Tyrone
It's a biological fact that women have slower reflexes than men. The reasons for having women as fighter pilots does not include anything to do with winning fights.

That and they bring distractions and a different temperament to the table. Or that it helped open the floodgates for transvestites and everything else. None of it is good from a military standpoint of cohesion.

30 years ago a lot of moderate Democrats even understood that.

Women try to do the things men do.
They fail.
How many women go against men in professional sports and succeed?

Absolutely zero.
It's such a joke.
Woke bull shi. Tt
thousands of men fly combat missions the past 85 years. Many fly 20, 30, 40 missions Through anti air craft batteries, into heavy combat 100s are shot down and die or are horribly injured . - Big deal

A few women fly near combat in a pretend war on one or two missions, never face anti craft. no losses, no deaths . OMG these chicks at the real deal. We should replace men with women and we should give them more recognition. Boss Babes for boomers

lol

343 first responders died on 911.

How many were women?

We should give them special medals too lol

Originally Posted by gonehuntin
So what else from the Clinton administration is being held secret from the American People??

https://vintageaviationnews.com/avi...n-to-officially-fly-combat-missions.html

The Smithsonian’s National Air and Space Museum has revealed for the first time the names of the first U.S. women military pilots to officially fly combat missions, nearly 30 years after the military acknowledged their milestone. The women had kept their identities quiet for that time out of a desire to focus on the importance of the missions and not the individuals. The fliers agreed to be named in an exclusive article in the just-released winter 2024 issue of the museum’s Air & Space Quarterly magazine, which was based on interviews with the women.

On Nov. 15, 1994, U.S. Navy Lt. Kimberly “Face” Dyson became the first American woman to fly a combat mission for the United States, taking off from the deck of the aircraft carrier USS Dwight D. Eisenhower in a McDonnell Douglas F/A-18C Hornet. She was one of a cadre of five female Naval aviators to earn the distinction as the others flew in the days immediately after. Dyson’s colleagues in combat included fellow F/A-18C pilots Lt. Sharon “Pinto” Deegan (Cummins at the time) and Lt. Junior Grade Joy “Trigger” Dean (Adams at the time); Grumman E-2C Hawkeye pilot Lt. Lisa “KP” Kirkpatrick; and Sikorsky SH-3 helicopter pilot Lt. Lynne Fowler.

They flew their combat missions in 1994 and 1995, starting with Operation Southern Watch in Iraq to enforce no-fly and no-drive zones in the years following the 1991 Gulf War and continuing into Operation Deny Flight over Bosnia and Herzegovina. Several women had been selected to become combat pilots beginning in April 1993, when the Department of Defense allowed women to fly in combat. Dyson and her colleagues became the first to fly in official combat missions.

In May 2023, Dyson, Deegan, Dean, and Kirkpatrick sat down for an interview with National Air and Space Museum curator Michael Hankins and explained that they did not previously share their identities because they wanted to be recognized for what they did, not who they were.

“Their anonymity was, to them, a sign of their success,” Hankins said. “The women wanted to be recognized as effective aviators, just like the others they served with, regardless of gender.”

“We were ready to do anything,” said Dyson of her first combat flights. “It was a little nerve-racking. But in the end, [the first mission] turned out to be a normal flight, very much the same as we had done in practice.”

“Just Doing Their Jobs,” the article sharing the pilot’s experiences on the mission and in their groundbreaking roles, is available in the print and online editions of Air & Space Quarterly. The magazine is a member publication of the museum and each issue shares amazing stories of both the history of and current state of aviation, space exploration and travel, air- and space-related art and culture, and more.

The National Air and Space Museum in Washington, D.C., is located at Sixth Street and Independence Avenue S.W. and is open every day except Dec. 25 from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Admission is free, but timed-entry passes are required to visit. The Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center is located in Chantilly, Virginia, near Washington Dulles International Airport and is open every day except Dec. 25 from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Admission is free and timed-entry passes are not required, and parking is $15.
Lyudmillia Pavelinchko Lady Death of the Russian army 309 confirmed sniper kills. Yeah I misspelled her name but anyone who kills more than 300 Germans in ww1 is certified.

If they get them in a fight during PMS, it might make up for it.

How "Killer Chick" Got Her Battle-Damaged A-10 Home
video posted to YouTube on Oct 20, 2022
YouTube channel: Ward Carroll - "The YouTube home of Ward Carroll, veteran F-14 Tomcat radar intercept officer, writer, and military commentator."

[Linked Image from theaviationgeekclub.com]
My older brother is friends with some people in Boise who's daughter flies an F35 for the marine Corp. He said she was a helicopter pilot first and then moved on to the F35. I think that's an impressive accomplishment for anyone.

Bb
Look up Major Heather "Lucky" Penney and what her mission was on 9/11/01 in an unarmed F-16.......

Nothing but total respect for Lucky Penney.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by reivertom

If they get them in a fight during PMS, it might make up for it.

Lol, “I can not defeat her”. Jeff Dunham I believe
I know a few women pilots with great skill and a few male pilots that are total [bleep]. I don't care male or female, but prefer flight status based on merit. If they can fly, they can fly.
This is what a fighter pilot looks like. Finding a woman that can fly a jet doesn’t make her a fighter pilot. Why anyone, including the U. S. Military thinks we need women in the armed forces, escapes all decency…

Originally Posted by ribka

How many were women?

]

Women firefighters are just as good as men. Except, when the s*** has hit the fan, they don't show up for duty.*

*They are front and center on payday.
The next class after I left being an instructor pilot had the AF's first female students. That was in 1976. If that experiment had failed, we'd know it by now. That's all I'll say on this topic.

My qualifications on this include being a qualified ground attack fighter pilot, Forward Air Controller with 300 combat missions, and four years as a senior jet instructor.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
thousands of men fly combat missions the past 85 years. Many fly 20, 30, 40 missions Through anti air craft batteries, into heavy combat 100s are shot down and die or are horribly injured . - Big deal

A few women fly near combat in a pretend war on one or two missions, never face anti craft. no losses, no deaths . OMG these chicks at the real deal. We should replace men with women and we should give them more recognition. Boss Babes for boomers

lol

How many were women?

]

Women firefighters are just as good as men. Except, when the s*** has hit the fan, they don't show up for duty.*

None of the dead firefighters on 9/11 were female. I don’t know about the police fatalities.
ex congresswoman martha mccallum(sp?) claimed to be first woman pilot in combat. or so I was told by her.... perhaps not?

or are there lots of fine details that allow many many people to claim this distinction?
Originally Posted by jameister
ex congresswoman martha mccallum(sp?) claimed to be first woman pilot in combat. or so I was told by her.... perhaps not?

or are there lots of fine details that allow many many people to claim this distinction?

I believe you're thinking of Martha McSally.

Martha McCallum is a fox news host.

How many were women?

]

I've known a few that do kick ass. They tend to be former college or high level high school jocks. No 5'2" women's studies majors. These athletic girls cleaned up pretty nicely too. I've worked around plenty of guys that were foreskins, you know, disappear when things get hard.
Originally Posted by shrapnel
This is what a fighter pilot looks like. Finding a woman that can fly a jet doesn’t make her a fighter pilot. Why anyone, including the U. S. Military thinks we need women in the armed forces, escapes all decency…

But wait, he's a meskin' why did they pick a meskin' over a white guy?
For one week a month women fighter pilots are ruthless.
Why do women have lowered physical fitness standards ?

Originally Posted by smarquez

How many were women?

]

I've known a few that do kick ass. They tend to be former college or high level high school jocks. No 5'2" women's studies majors. These athletic girls cleaned up pretty nicely too. I've worked around plenty of guys that were foreskins, you know, disappear when things get hard.
Originally Posted by Jahrs
Curiosity got the best of me as I just had to have a look see what a female combat pilot with a nickname “face” looked like. A better than 50% chance told me she was hot.

I knew her back in the day. She’s a nice gal and I have nothing bad to say about her, but that’s not the way I’d describe her.
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

I knew her back in the day. She’s a nice gal and I have nothing bad to say about her, but that’s not the way I’d describe her.

Oh oh I thought it was this one

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/...-jumbo-jets-world-just-27-years-old.html
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

Oh oh I thought it was this one

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/...-jumbo-jets-world-just-27-years-old.html

Oh no, that’s not her. That one would have gotten a LOT of attention!
Kim is awesome. A true patriot

© 24hourcampfire