Home
Brand New Boeing 737-9 MAX has its door blown out midair reaching 16,000 feet. Alaska Airlines flight to ONTARIO, CA. Made emergency landing in Portland, OR. Airline is grounding all such planes.

Link

Phil
This is a BA buy signal for Monday.
Boeing asking for exemption...

Boeing is asking U.S. federal regulators to exempt a new model of its 737 Max airliner from a safety standard designed to prevent part of the engine housing from overheating and breaking off during flight.

Link

Phil
D@mn good thing they weren't at a higher altitude...
Aalska Airlines had to ground all of those jets. I wonder how much that's gonna cost them, and Boeing.
So it was really a window and not a door.......
It was a factory modified emergency door opening made into a window, two months off the assembly line.

Errr sumtin real close to dat
Originally Posted by 12344mag
No, it's a whole hatch that got blown out. Odd because hatches usually had flanges on the outside of the fuselage so when opened the hatch had to be brought to the inside not outside.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Yeah that window seat isn’t going to be popular for awhile.
boeing keeps screwing up the 737 Max .since 2019 .and affects my having a job .wish they would get their s@#t toghter
Might be everybody getting in too much of a rush again... Boeing with a backlog of some 3,600 orders on the 737 MAX 7's through 10's is adding 737 MAX assembly lines to put them out. While Alaskan Airlines is buying like crazy and plans on merging Hawaiian Airlines into the fold. As to this newest accident, isn't the 737 MAX a composite built plane?

Phil
Far too early to speculate. Should not be enough pressure cycles to cause material fatigue (like what happened to a Hawaiian Air 737 years ago) but you never know. They have the plane intact, so forensic analysis will be both easy and very intensive.
Will never forget back in 2000, a couple weeks before me and the wife went to Alaska, an Alaskan Airlines plane went down right off the coast near the Channel Islands. Don't remember what kind of plane it was, believe it was later found to be no grease on the elevator nut... killed everyone on board.

Phil
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Originally Posted by 12344mag
No, it's a whole hatch that got blown out. Odd because hatches usually had flanges on the outside of the fuselage so when opened the hatch had to be brought to the inside not outside.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That's better!

That plane is cursed.
Was on a brand new AK Air 737 last week. Smooth flight.
Originally Posted by ironbender
Was on a brand new AK Air 737 last week. Smooth flight.
Awe hell just keep your seat belt on and hope the people that made the seat mounting hardware weren't the same ones that made the hatch latches... 🤭
that will make your butt pucker...
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Will never forget back in 2000, a couple weeks before me and the wife went to Alaska, an Alaskan Airlines plane went down right off the coast near the Channel Islands. Don't remember what kind of plane it was, believe it was later found to be no grease on the elevator nut... killed everyone on board.

Phil

Originally Posted by Stickfight
This is a BA buy signal for Monday.

It may well be, as long as they don't wind up in Chapter 11 at some point over a total loss of credibility.
The videos coming out are ridiculous. How the hell does that happen? They are extremely lucky no one got killed.
Those were some relatively calm folks sitting that close to the hatch.
Probably some component fatigue. Pretty damn safe given the miles traveled. I'm amazed no one was so terrified that they paused to video things.
Originally Posted by Greyghost

Phil

I remember that. Wasn't that a Super 80 or similar?
Elevator trim jackscrew jammed in the full nose down position- - - - -pilots couldn't level the plane out. Must have been a pretty terrifying ride for a short time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_Airlines_Flight_261
I worked 1978-1982, for Boeing, designing electronics for the 767.

never work for a company that big
Originally Posted by rem shooter
boeing keeps screwing up the 737 Max .since 2019 .and affects my having a job .wish they would get their s@#t toghter

Same.

Lost work for a couple years when it shut down,
just got it back last uear.
Plane was only two months old... it was just placed in service.

Phil
The video is wild. If you have good ears you hear someone yell
"TEN MINUUUUUUUTTTTTTEEESSS!!"

Some one else starts in with "Glory glory what...."
Be great if engineers designed jets instead of accountants. Boeing used to make great jets.
You guy's ever see the movie "Flight" with Denzel Washington? It is supposed to be partially based on the flight 261 accident where they say the pilot was supposed to be trying to get the plane leveled off by rolling it inverted but didn't have the altitude. And another, I believe flight 232 around 1989 somewhere around Chicago where a plane was supposed to have lost both engines on one side. That accident half the passengers survived.

Phil
[Linked Image]

The door has since been located in a residential backyard in Oregon.
Numerous items were 'sucked' outta this plane through the opening left when the 'plug' for the deactivated exit door failed.

It's brought into question policy's regarding passengers being allowed to hold infants in their laps during flights vs being secured in a car seat..

There were 3 infants on this flight, none were reported to have been sucked out into the skies of Oregon.
Originally Posted by JeffA
[Linked Image]

The door has since been located in a residential backyard in Oregon.
Numerous items were 'sucked' outta this plane through the opening left when the 'plug' for the deactivated exit door failed.

It's brought into question policy's regarding passengers being allowed to hold infants in their laps during flights vs being secured in a car seat..

There were 3 infants on this flight, none were reported to have been sucked out into the skies of Oregon.

Dimocommies have sucked plenty of them out into garbage bags.
JFC this is starting to look like a real clusterfŭck...
Bolts and hardware being found loose. Bolts too long or bad nutplates? Then the aircraft that had the incident was restricted from flying over water due to a pressurization warning light flashing. Well HELLO, you've got a damn pressure leak. Maybe ya want to figure out why... 🙄

Couldn't be that the hatch plug might be loose.
Here’s a good one on AA:

My wife flew AA out of Dulles on her first leg to China a year ago. The flight was delayed, and so help me Hanna, they approached the passengers and said they were short-staffed and they would get off the ground quicker if some of the passengers would help get others on the plane and their carry-on stowed. Never heard such a thing.
© 24hourcampfire