Home
Posted By: Pappy348 Question for retirees - 01/08/24
How often are you freshly shaved, facial hair trimmed, and nails cut, simultaneously?

The shower is assumed, for the purpose of this discussion anyway, and we’ll skip the haircut for now as well…..
Posted By: Bob_mt Re: Question for retirees - 01/08/24
Originally Posted by Pappy348
How often are you freshly shaved, facial hair trimmed, and nails cut, simultaneously?

The shower is assumed, for the purpose of this discussion anyway, and we’ll skip the haircut for now as well…..

are you trying to put a hygiene regime?......bob
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Question for retirees - 01/08/24
I shave on the days mama wants to do some wrestling.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Question for retirees - 01/08/24
I’m not retired but that’s a big ask anyway.

P
Posted By: LBP Re: Question for retirees - 01/08/24
I shave once a week on Sunday morning, gotta look nice for church and the rest of the week 😁
Posted By: rost495 Re: Question for retirees - 01/08/24
I'm not retired either. I just do it whenever it gets out of hand. And for a month or two out in the bush it doesn't get touched at all.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Question for retirees - 01/08/24
Don't retire, or we can't deduct anything on income taxes.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Question for retirees - 01/08/24
Shower and shave every other day. Trim nails once a week. Haircut twice a month.
Posted By: Dinny Re: Question for retirees - 01/08/24
After more than 27 years of shaving nearly everyday I retired from the Army. I wasn't so sure about facial hair but it's growing on me.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: smarquez Re: Question for retirees - 01/08/24
I shave every other day. Nails as needed.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Question for retirees - 01/08/24

why would this information interest you?
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Question for retirees - 01/08/24
Not retired,
Momma cuts my hair, when it’s long and we feel like it.3-4 times a year.

Shave anywhere from 2 times a week to every other month.

When they get long enough to get broke, or when I might be sticking them some place sensitive.
I’m retired, will be 2 years end of this month.

At first I shaved about like I did when working. 2 years later I shave 2-3 times a week if I had to guess. I’m sure at times I went a week without shaving. Just depends on what’s going on. Nails, trimmed clean all the time and I work on 4x4’s, guns, dirt bikes you name it. I never could stand for dirty hands. Ain’t that hard to clean up.
Grew up going to the barber shop every other weekend! Pop was a stickler about being freshly "groomed".
These days?
I can't find a damned "barber shop"!

First one I went to, the barber had a ponytail! (?)
Next one, dude must have been vaccinated with a Victrola needle! By the time I got out of his chair, I had blisters on my ears! 🤐
Found a great barber. Old retired Navy barber. Decent price. Three months later, the shop sold and the Navy barber retired. Then the shop closed.
Last shop was a one man affair. A haircut from him looked like you'd had a bad lawnmower accident!
Really dislike going to a salon! 😡
Summertime, I just get the wife to buzz it all off. But my head gets cold.
Winter, I need a beard and hair on my head!
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Question for retirees - 01/08/24
If it's pertinent to the original query, I will answer as someone who has been retired now for exactly 17 years.

It is important to have a regimen. Trust me; in your 70s short term memory gets tricky. Having a regular schedule for things, even if it's just shaving, is important. I spend the first five minutes or so after waking up trying to remember what day it is and what - if anything - I have going on that day. Most of the time I get it right!
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Question for retirees - 01/08/24
I shaved in June of 2023, got a hair cut in July 2023. I keep nails trimmed and every thing clean. You doing inspections or surveys!
Posted By: Knarley_Bob Re: Question for retirees - 01/08/24
What does being retired have to do with it?
Haven't shaved since 1975 still not exactly retired
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Question for retirees - 01/08/24
Originally Posted by Knarley_Bob
I've known retirees who never enter a shower again once they retire. Some of them get pretty ripe.

While retired, I still shower almost daily unless I've been sitting on my tail all day. I just like to be clean when I go to bed.

If your arm pits get a bit gamey between showers, you can knock that down considerably in seconds. Odor can be caused by lots of things in your diet or from some medications, but bacteria is a major cause. Simply wet your arm pits with some alcohol to kill the bacteria. Hand sanitizer works just as well but it might be a bit sticky. If you have a man bun and shave your arm pits, you might get a tingle from the alcohol on your razor rash.
Posted By: Huntz Re: Question for retirees - 01/08/24
Don`t shave , wife gives me a buzz haircut about every 10 days . Shower everyday except at deer camp.
Posted By: memtb Re: Question for retirees - 01/08/24
Pretty regular with everything except the fingernails. When mean get a little ragged, I tend to subconsciously tear them off with another fingernail, creating another rough nail to contend with…..and the cycle continues! 🤔😂 memtb
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Question for retirees - 01/08/24
Posted By: EIB0879 Re: Question for retirees - 01/08/24
Shower every day, shave every other day, and letting my hair grow out. I could probably do a pony tail now but I'm going to just let it grow like I said I would if I lived long enough to retire.

I keep my nails trimmed like I always have.
Posted By: Greyghost Re: Question for retirees - 01/08/24
At the moment, I look like Santa Clause, it's been some 5 months. But about ready to cut it all off again. Never paid for a haircut in the 35 years I was married. Since she passed away, don't see any reason for change now. Usually take the shears and do the top and beard at the same time. All or nothing...

Phil
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Question for retirees - 01/08/24
I'll trim up my whiskers and what's left of the hair on my head every two to three weeks with electric clippers. Cut fingernails short as they will go about weekly. Shower daily.
Posted By: lanenebraska Re: Question for retirees - 01/08/24
Every Sunday :-) smile grin
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Question for retirees - 01/08/24
You durn boompard dog pecker gnats have triggered the bard of the bluegrass...yet again.

LOL

mike r
Posted By: AZmark Re: Question for retirees - 01/08/24
Bristoe Says...

He would have been lost without this old Boomer having the necessary tools and the ability to remedy his situation.

I'm old, I'm trim, I know how to handle the little issues that occur.

So *fug* you young people. You don't have a clue. You'll never have a clue. The least little thing will leave you broke down on the side of the road if some old man don't come to your rescue.

The world is going to eat you azz alive and you deserve it.

The Boomer generation was the last Americans. Go suck you mama's titty and cry about it. It's all you're good for.[/quote]

I just had to repeat this part of Bristoe's post above:

The rest of the info you're asking ain't none of your business....but I do stay clean...relatively.

Are you asking this stupid question because you want to watch?
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Question for retirees - 01/08/24
I was doing my weekly shave and trim before my shower last night and it occurred to me that while I shower at least once a day, the other stuff gets done as needed for comfort or generally before I go out in public, which in my case is every Wednesday when I shoot clays and occasionally for doctor visits. Very seldom is everything in order at the same time. Was really more asked in jest than a serious question, poking fun at myself and my current what-the-Hell attitude about grooming, and dress too while we’re at it.
Originally Posted by AZmark

Not unless you’re a lovely young woman, preferably Asian…. In that case, I want to help
Originally Posted by Knarley_Bob

Depends on your job, I suppose. For 40 years the only appearance my employer was interested in was the one I made coming in the door. Other places are fussier, or so I hear. Only change for me since retiring is I brush my teeth more because I can.
Originally Posted by AZmark

Not unless you’re a lovely young woman, preferably Asian…. In that case, I want to help

Sorry. You're out of luck in that category.................HOWEVER for the right price I could identify as a lovely young Asian woman..
Posted By: hanco Re: Question for retirees - 01/08/24
Every couple of days unless I’m going somewhere
Posted By: hillestadj Re: Question for retirees - 01/08/24
Originally Posted by Bristoe

I shower once and brush my teeth twice daily. On Saturday nights I use a set or hair trimmers to give myself a fresh buzz cut before attending Church on Sunday morning. My nails are trimmed about once a week.

I trim my ears and nose weekly. Additionally, I'm 6' tall and moderate my diet to keep myself between 180 to 185 pounds.

I'm rolling up on 68 years old and recently purchased a 2010 Harley Davidson Sportster 48 to motivate me to shake me bones loose and keep myself loose and pliable.

I also purchased a 5 acre tract of land in rural Kentucky that needed to be cleaned up. I spend spring and summer days cutting scrub timber and running it through a chipper. I have a quality zero turn mower that I use to keep my property immaculate.

Recently, a young fellow pulled into my drive with a flat tire, (Toyota Tacoma),...didn't have a clue how to fix it. I directed him to a flat spot on my property, got out my roll around jack, picked the truck up. His lug wrench didn't fit the custom wheels that he had installed on his truck. I got out my 4-way lug wrench and broke loose his flat tire. His spare had 7 lbs of pressure in it so I got my 3 gallon compressor out and pumped the spare up--put him back on the road.

He would have been lost without this old Boomer having the necessary tools and the ability to remedy his situation.

I'm old, I'm trim, I know how to handle the little issues that occur. I've had two wives and multiple girlfriends who would have been my wife for the asking had I chosen to ask.

So *fug* you young people. You don't have a clue. You'll never have a clue. The least little thing will leave you broke down on the side of the road if some old man don't come to your rescue.

The Boomer generation was the last Americans. Go suck you mama's titty and cry about it. It's all you're good for.

American Boomer. You'll never be here you, whiny, purple haired phone fugged pieces of *schitt*!

You killed it Own it.

I used to just laugh at them. But lately, I've gotten very tired of the young Americans who choose to blame their failings on a generation that passed through more that a half century ago.

They're fugged in the head,....both left and right.

Fug you kids. Fix it or shut the fug up. Old people don't want to hear your weak ass schitt.

Tell us you're ate up with it without telling us you're ate up with it...lol. Fuckin' Boomers.
Posted By: las Re: Question for retirees - 01/08/24
Whenever....

Takes at least 3 weeks for my wife to "get around to it" when I need a haircut. Gave up a few days ago and blew $25 on a town barber. First time I used him- he done good.

Wife is complaining it's "too short".

That's a matter of opinion, and if she wants it done her way...... smile
Posted By: DeanAnderson Re: Question for retirees - 01/08/24
Seams I need to trim the nose and ear hair more often... eye brows too....
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Question for retirees - 01/08/24
I find that abundant facial hair is a convenient place to store leftovers and snacks. For health reasons I shower only during the warm months when you don't need to cover the tomatoes. I keep my skull hair GI short...to provide sufficient brain cooling during frequent periods of Machiavellian plotting to rob, rape, plunder and pillage the whining generations of their entitlements.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Question for retirees - 01/08/24
Shower and shave every day.
Nails as needed.
Haircut every month to 6 weeks - buzzed as short as possible (easy maintenance, and I have a substantial head start, anyway!)
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Question for retirees - 01/08/24
Don't need friggin haircut! Hair went away after I had 105F temp one day for 3 hours! I wash my arse every night before hitting the fart sack! Coffee made at 0400 hrs each day! Bed is made one minute after my feet hit the floor!
Posted By: Triggernosis Re: Question for retirees - 01/09/24
I do my personal grooming on the same schedule I did when I was working. I keep myself clean and tidy for MYSELF, not to impress or not offend anyone else whether at work or not.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Question for retirees - 01/09/24
I shave every morning after I brush my teeth and before I get dressed.

Soap, cup, brush, a Harry's 5-blade razor, and a nice splash of Ogallala Bay Rum. Shave every day and you'll always feel clean.
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Question for retirees - 01/09/24
Mama informed me I am shaving tomorrow.

Originally Posted by hillestadj

I shower once and brush my teeth twice daily. On Saturday nights I use a set or hair trimmers to give myself a fresh buzz cut before attending Church on Sunday morning. My nails are trimmed about once a week.

I trim my ears and nose weekly. Additionally, I'm 6' tall and moderate my diet to keep myself between 180 to 185 pounds.

I'm rolling up on 68 years old and recently purchased a 2010 Harley Davidson Sportster 48 to motivate me to shake me bones loose and keep myself loose and pliable.

I also purchased a 5 acre tract of land in rural Kentucky that needed to be cleaned up. I spend spring and summer days cutting scrub timber and running it through a chipper. I have a quality zero turn mower that I use to keep my property immaculate.

Recently, a young fellow pulled into my drive with a flat tire, (Toyota Tacoma),...didn't have a clue how to fix it. I directed him to a flat spot on my property, got out my roll around jack, picked the truck up. His lug wrench didn't fit the custom wheels that he had installed on his truck. I got out my 4-way lug wrench and broke loose his flat tire. His spare had 7 lbs of pressure in it so I got my 3 gallon compressor out and pumped the spare up--put him back on the road.

I'm old, I'm trim, I know how to handle the little issues that occur. I've had two wives and multiple girlfriends who would have been my wife for the asking had I chosen to ask.

The Boomer generation was the last Americans. Go suck you mama's titty and cry about it. It's all you're good for.

American Boomer. You'll never be here you, whiny, purple haired phone fugged pieces of *schitt*!

You killed it Own it.

I used to just laugh at them. But lately, I've gotten very tired of the young Americans who choose to blame their failings on a generation that passed through more that a half century ago.

Fug you kids. Fix it or shut the fug up. Old people don't want to hear your weak ass schitt.

Tell us you're ate up with it without telling us you're ate up with it...lol. Fuckin' Boomers.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Question for retirees - 01/09/24
jeebus
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Question for retirees - 01/09/24
Double edge safety razor, badger brush, soap.
Posted By: RupertBear Re: Question for retirees - 01/09/24
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Double edge safety razor, badger brush, soap.
Been good enough for my past half century, why change?
RB
As hot water as I can stand.
Anyone shave with a straight razor?
Originally Posted by hillestadj

You killed it Own it.

now you've quoted them..................................

i guess they been saved for posterity? grin
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Question for retirees - 01/09/24
Strange happenings here.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Question for retirees - 01/09/24
Yeah,...I got all "woiked up",....decided to turn it back down a notch.

,...anyway,..,.
Posted By: nahma_mich Re: Question for retirees - 01/09/24
I shave once a week or so, more if we are going anyplace semi fancy.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Question for retirees - 01/09/24
I shower every night before I go to bed. I haven't shaved in over a year. My wife hates it. I love it. I get my hair cut once a month and I do my nails about every 10 days. My teeth get brushed at least twice a day. I like clean clothes but I don't mind wearing my outside stuff for a couple of days, except for my undies. They have to be clean in case I have to go to the hospital (what my mom used to say)

kwg
Posted By: Morewood Re: Question for retirees - 01/09/24
This thread reminds me, I'm all out of Old Spice.
In the US Army, I had to use a blade each day. laugh
Originally Posted by Morewood
This thread reminds me, I'm all out of Old Spice.
figured you for an Avon man. one that bought the whole line of glass "collectable" after shave and cologne bottles.

I got one once, looked like a Volkwagon Bug or somethin I think.
Posted By: RupertBear Re: Question for retirees - 01/09/24
Sheeit, Wabi, comparing today's blades with those in use during the Korean Conflict is like comparing Race cars with roller skates.
RB
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: Question for retirees - 01/09/24
I shave my cheeks once a week.

I have a beard all year round.

Grow it out in Sept.and trim it back in April or so.

Shower every night and do use soap,wash hair as well.

Wife gives me a haircut so when i can't stand it anymore it gets clipped.

I also trim her hair,over the years i have gotten good at it.
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Question for retirees - 01/09/24
I accidently swallowed a handful of Scrabble tiles...

My next bowel movement could spell disaster.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Question for retirees - 01/09/24
When I was 23, my girlfriend told me I look better with stubble.... more masculine.

Now at 72 I am so old and ugly, I put myself together like I am applying for a job. I get hired about once a week.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Question for retirees - 01/09/24
Originally Posted by P_Weed
I accidently swallowed a handful of Scrabble tiles...

My next bowel movement could spell disaster.
Got a laugh out of me
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Question for retirees - 01/09/24
I can't wait until tomorrow, 'cause I get better looking every day.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Question for retirees - 01/09/24
Originally Posted by kwg020
I shower every night before I go to bed. I haven't shaved in over a year. My wife hates it. I love it. I get my hair cut once a month and I do my nails about every 10 days. My teeth get brushed at least twice a day. I like clean clothes but I don't mind wearing my outside stuff for a couple of days, except for my undies. They have to be clean in case I have to go to the hospital (what my mom used to say)

kwg
Why is it that a shirt gets dirty in a day but pants don't get dirty for 2 weeks?

Years ago I knew of a local rancher who always wore 2 pair of Levi jeans, one over the other. When the outer pair rotted off, he'd toss them and the inner pair became the outer pair. I was told that he never washed them, just replaced them.
Gillette, 'Look sharp, feel sharp, be sharp, Gillette blue blades for me."
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Question for retirees - 01/14/24
I'd walk a mile for a Camel.
Posted By: hanco Re: Question for retirees - 01/14/24
It’s Sunday, time for a bath
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Question for retirees - 01/14/24
Pappy, its a proven fact that washing the healthy bacteria off your skin promotes sickness. If you shower twice a week, and shave at the same time, your fine. Once on Sunday morning before church, and once on Wednesday before bible study is all you need, more than that will encourage harmful bacteria to grow on your skin.
© 24hourcampfire