Posted By: slumlord Re: Seahawks - 01/10/24
Housecleaning week in the NFL

Vreable out with Tennessee, pffft
Posted By: Raeford Re: Seahawks - 01/10/24
Book It Baby!
Posted By: MTGunner Re: Seahawks - 01/10/24
No big lose. He stunk as coach of the Patriots. MTG
Posted By: smokepole Re: Seahawks - 01/10/24
Who's gonna make Harbaugh an offer he can't refuse?
Posted By: Teal Re: Seahawks - 01/10/24
Originally Posted by MTGunner

Won a SB in Seattle and went to another in 14 years. Most fan bases (Chicago/Minnesota cough cough) would kill for 2 bites at the apple in 14 years. Pete's not leaving the team tho - he's an "adviser" now. Ownership making adult decisions there. Rid of Russ and now Pete. New era.
Posted By: Futura Re: Seahawks - 01/10/24
That should have happened years ago when they called a pass play on the goal line instead of handing the ball off to Marshawn Lynch.

Did result in some great Richard Sherman memes though.
Originally Posted by smokepole

Chargers.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Seahawks - 01/10/24
Originally Posted by Teal

Chargers.

You think so? He can write his own ticket, why would he go there, they haven't contended since the Dan Fouts days. Spanos does not seem to want to spend the money for a contender.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Seahawks - 01/10/24
Originally Posted by Futura
That should have happened years ago when they called a pass play on the goal line instead of handing the ball off to Marshawn Lynch.

I hear this a lot.

Who threw the interception, and why does the QB get zero blame?

Throw a better pass and the Seahawks win.

P

Chargers.

You think so? He can write his own ticket, why would he go there, they haven't contended since the Dan Fouts days. Spanos does not seem to want to spend the money for a contender.

Great weather, low bar for excellence and they have a QB. What other job would be as attractive?

The roster allows him to be relatively successful as he does his thing - builds what he wants. Quicker build/rebuild.

Titans - no QB, flakey ownership
Falcons - good owner, bad roster on offense, if they trade for Fields, it gets better but not good enough
Commanders - no QB
Panthers - no QB, horrible owner, tho rich enough to pay any asking price Harbs might think up
Raiders - no QB, weird owner but I think Harbs would entertain it but do they actually walk away from Pierce?
Seattle - no QB, GM is okay and you still have Pete there, likely with too much influence.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

I hear this a lot.

P

Let's also not act like the call for a pass wasn't 100% to get Russ the SB MVP and that backfired.
Posted By: goalie Re: Seahawks - 01/10/24
Did OKOK ever recover from that goal line interception?
Posted By: Jcubed Re: Seahawks - 01/10/24

I hear this a lot.

P

Let's also not act like the call for a pass wasn't 100% to get Russ the SB MVP and that backfired.

Let Russ cook!

Lol.
Originally Posted by Jcubed

I hear this a lot.

P

Let Russ cook!

Lol.

Hackett did in Denver - saw how that ended.
Posted By: Direct_Drive Re: Seahawks - 01/10/24

Chargers.

It's the only job opening with a top tier QB and other pieces already in place.
Crippled by cheap ownership.
Maybe they'll make a play for Harbaugh ?
Posted By: Direct_Drive Re: Seahawks - 01/10/24
Originally Posted by MTGunner

Won a SB in Seattle and went to another in 14 years. Most fan bases (Chicago/Minnesota cough cough) would kill for 2 bites at the apple in 14 years. Pete's not leaving the team tho - he's an "adviser" now. Ownership making adult decisions there. Rid of Russ and now Pete. New era.
Supposedly Dan Quinn, Cowboys DC is Seattle's top pick to replace Carroll.
Posted By: antlers Re: Seahawks - 01/10/24
https://youtube.com/shorts/AxpqyUQ2VIk?si=sUH4i_l_zPt1iJjq

From HC to QB.
Posted By: RUM7 Re: Seahawks - 01/10/24
F the seachickens
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Seahawks - 01/10/24
The Butler, in the end zone, with a football...
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Seahawks - 01/10/24
Originally Posted by goalie
It was the death of him.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Seahawks - 01/10/24
Originally Posted by RUM7
F the seachickens

🤣🤣🤣

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Seahawks - 01/10/24
Pete’s old. He’ll work half the hours in the back office and still get to throw the ball on the sidelines with the guys.

Seahawks fans better hope he doesn’t leave the organization in the same dire situation he left USC in when he bailed.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Seahawks - 01/10/24
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by RUM7
F the seachickens

🤣🤣🤣

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Varmintgal dreaming about being knuckle deep in Russ. 🤮
Posted By: Morewood Re: Seahawks - 01/10/24
I won't miss the gum chomper. I won a big football pool with that goal line interception. I couldn't believe they called that play but it paid off for me.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Seahawks - 01/11/24

Chargers.

Great weather, low bar for excellence and they have a QB. What other job would be as attractive?

The roster allows him to be relatively successful as he does his thing - builds what he wants. Quicker build/rebuild.

Falcons - good owner, bad roster on offense, if they trade for Fields, it gets better but not good enough
Commanders - no QB
Panthers - no QB, horrible owner, tho rich enough to pay any asking price Harbs might think up
Raiders - no QB, weird owner but I think Harbs would entertain it but do they actually walk away from Pierce?
Seattle - no QB, GM is okay and you still have Pete there, likely with too much influence.

Dang, that's quite the analysis Teal. I'd like to see him come to Denver but ain't gonna happen.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Seahawks - 01/11/24
I wanted to root for the Panthers when I moved over here, but damn, Tepper is an absolute schit show.

I like Harbaugh. I hope he doesn’t end up here.
Posted By: Teal Re: Seahawks - 01/11/24
Bill B still looking to coach likely complicates Harbaugh's options quite a bit.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Seahawks - 01/11/24
Wow. For a group of guys who swear they never watch the NFL, some of you sure do keep up.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Seahawks - 01/11/24
As bad as the kneelers were, I did not say I would not watch.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Seahawks - 01/12/24
Originally Posted by goalie

Hahahaha. Well, he's been gone from here for a while
Posted By: Mad_Max Re: Seahawks - 01/12/24
I always love the Bashing of Carroll's call for that play in the Super Bowl. Ever since that day I've had a different take than almost everybody else. Everybody expected numb nuts to get the ball in that situation. It was second down. Everybody, including the Patriots expected the run play. I don't remember the exact number; but, that identical play had been used in a similar situation by multiple NFL teams that year and it resulted in a score something like 95% or more of the time. That's my recollection from back then. I will look up the stat and see if I can find it to back up my memory. A bad throw didn't help. In "Seattle's" mind, it's second down, they have one timeout left and they've got two more shots to use Lynch after this play so they use this shot to catch them off guard. Bummer for me because I'm a Seahawk's fan and a Patriots hater. I just have a different take than most.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Seahawks - 01/12/24
A football can bounce backwards.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Seahawks - 01/12/24

Chargers.

Commanders - no QB

Dang, that's quite the analysis Teal. I'd like to see him come to Denver but ain't gonna happen.

Except TN does have a QB . If a new coach /leadership wants they can draft another from the No. 7 overall spot. I think Will Levi’s has potential with a better O line and supporting cast . One more WR threat along with a running game spells trouble for defenses.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Seahawks - 01/12/24
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Wow. For a group of guys who swear they never watch the NFL, some of you sure do keep up.

Which people posting on this thread swore off the NFL?

I want to put those lying liars on ignore!!
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Seahawks - 01/12/24
😂
© 24hourcampfire