Home
Been a while since I sold and shipped a gun, and now it appears that neither Fed-ex or UPS will allow shipping without holding an FFL. Is that accurate? Am I stuck with using my FFL to ship for me?
You can ship long guns directly to an FFL via USPS.
Yes. Done it a bunch
Yep, just throw that Mo Fo in the mail to an FFL.
What about shipmygun?

I use an FFL for handguns and ship long guns through usps.
Interesting... I thought USPS was also FFL only. Good to know. Thank you, gentlemen.

-Bryan
Stay clear of antigun UPS! Even the local gun shops wont use them anymore. USPS or use a local FFL holder
Do you use UPS to ship from a private individual to a gunsmith also?
Originally Posted by JDK
Do you use UPS to ship from a private individual to a gunsmith also?
UPS is disappearing peoples guns and has stated they no longer will ship them. You are taking a chance using those antigun clowns
you have to use an FFL? wow, who woulda thought....
The gun store I hang out at has a UPS system in place. They ship and receive guns from UPS daily. Not saying UPS is good or bad, just stating facts.
Ship them yourself via USPS or let an FFL ship it for you with FedEx or UPS.
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Stay clear of antigun UPS! Even the local gun shops wont use them anymore. USPS or use a local FFL holder
I am an FFL Holder and while I don't ship a lot of guns. I receive a fair amount and would rather have UPS deliver it then Fed Ex or USPS. Although I recently moved and the USPS lady is top notch. I was not aware UPS was anti gun but what do I know. It makes sense since UPS drivers are Teamsters and we all know how libtardish Dem supporting unions are!! What I also can say is that packages delivered by UPS get here when they say they are coming and they are NOT beat to [bleep] unlike FEDEX. The drivers are much smarter and personable then Fedex drivers. In 13 years I have never not had a gun delivered that was supposed to be by UPS,FEDEX,USPS or Speedee. Again Fedex since I moved has been late by several days according to their own tracking site. Which pisses customers off as well as myself.
Originally Posted by John55
Ship them yourself via USPS or let an FFL ship it for you with FedEx or UPS.
Brother, don’t ship a handgun via USPS unless you’re an FFL. Unless you wanna be locked up with a 5’4 , 255 lb “roommate”. They’ll feed you and let you stretch your legs sometimes though.
Long gun, ship whatever way you like, UPS, USPS, FEDEX. If you break it down so it doesn't look like a musket, no problem.

Handguns I ship via Fedex/UPS and none of that overnight stuff either.
I know there used to be a sticky somewhere on here regarding shipments, but damned if I can find it. Is there a preferred way of packaging a long gun if you no longer have the box? Speaking specifically of a rifle that can't be broke down. Thx.
© 24hourcampfire