Home
Posted By: wabigoon Bill Belichick. - 01/11/24
I heard on the radio that he's out at New England,
Posted By: Westman Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/11/24
24 years with the Pats.....a pretty good run.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/11/24
A 'pretty good run'? Well, yeah. 24 years and an average of a superbowl title every 4 seasons. That's more like an 'incredible run' I'd say.
Posted By: Tide_Change Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/11/24
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I heard on the radio that he's out at New England,

Do you have a reliable source for vacuum tubes?
Posted By: champlain_islander Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/11/24
The best ever but the question remains....what would he have been without Brady? Regardless he is still a great coach.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/11/24
He ain't broke! Time for him to play with grandchildren!
Posted By: colvin Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/11/24
Originally Posted by champlain_islander
The best ever but the question remains....what would he have been without Brady? Regardless he is still a great coach.
Agreed ,seems since Brady moved on Belichick’s win record significantly decreased .
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/11/24
"Do your job."
Posted By: RAM Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/11/24

Best ever? In the right place at the right time? Radio poll out of Boston today asked. "Who in the last 25 years was most responsible for the Patriots success" ?
Belicek

Kraft

Brady

The Officials

Brady got 63% with time to go still.

As a lifetime fan, I do not believe Bill is the GOAT. Parcels' and Brady got him where he is. He can not manage a clock to save his life, and has proven he can't develop talent or retain talent.
Posted By: RAM Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/11/24
Adam Vinatieri should have been an option to vote for.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/11/24
Originally Posted by RAM

Only under martial law.
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/11/24
Originally Posted by RAM

Absolutely.
Posted By: Muddinmetal Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/11/24
Terrible career record without Brady....
Posted By: IA_fog Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/12/24
It’s the other way around Brady’s a piece of sh-t crybaby pansy and if it WASNT for the cheater belikec he would never have been anything pother than an average quarterback.
Posted By: RAM Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/12/24
Originally Posted by IA_fog
It’s the other way around Brady’s a piece of sh-t crybaby pansy and if it WASNT for the cheater belikec he would never have been anything pother than an average quarterback.

Yet some still fight mental health.
Posted By: AKCHOPPER Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/12/24
WGAS!
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/12/24
Dude had shot his wad once Brady left
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
WGAS!

You must. You took the time and initiative to post. Please, share your great wisdom.
Posted By: garddogg56 Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/12/24
This is a shame 😡
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/12/24

Bill's record as a head coach is under 0.500 at Cleveland and New England with the quarterbacks who were not name Thomas Edward Patrick Brady, Jr. He only had 3 winning seasons without TB12 as his QB, 1994 in Cleveland with Vinnie Testaverde, 2008 with Matt Cassel, and 2021 with Mac Jones.

Brady won a Super Bowl after leaving New England and it will be interesting if Bill can win another one now that he has left New England. Rumors has it that he may be headed to Washington.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/12/24
Belichick may have the most Super Bowl wins wit my 6 under his belt, but GOAT 🤪😂😬

Some damn good coaches on this list with ONLY 2 SB wins. Including, Lombardi, Seifert Parcells, Landry, Shula, ect
Chuck Noll is next with 4 SB wins.
And Bill Wash & Joe Gibbs had 3 each.

COACH SUPER BOWL WINS
Bill Belichick 6 Patriots
Chuck Noll 4 Steelers
Bill Walsh 3 49ers
Joe Gibbs 3 Redskins
Andy Reid 2 Chiefs
Vince Lombardi 2 Packers
Tom Flores. 2 Raiders
Jimmy Johnson 2 Cowboys
George Seifert 2 49ers
Mike Shanahan 2 Broncos
Tom Coughlin 2 Giants
Bill Parcells 2 Giants
Tom Landry 2 Cowboys
Don Shula 2 Dolphins
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/12/24
He’s the GOAT , brother Chil.

Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Belichick may have the most Super Bowl wins wit my 6 under his belt, but GOAT 🤪😂😬

Some damn good coaches on this list with ONLY 2 SB wins. Including, Lombardi, Seifert Parcells, Landry, Shula, ect
Chuck Noll is next with 4 SB wins.
And Bill Wash & Joe Gibbs had 3 each.

COACH SUPER BOWL WINS
Bill Belichick 6 Patriots
Chuck Noll 4 Steelers
Bill Walsh 3 49ers
Joe Gibbs 3 Redskins
Andy Reid 2 Chiefs
Vince Lombardi 2 Packers
Tom Flores. 2 Raiders
Jimmy Johnson 2 Cowboys
George Seifert 2 49ers
Mike Shanahan 2 Broncos
Tom Coughlin 2 Giants
Bill Parcells 2 Giants
Tom Landry 2 Cowboys
Don Shula 2 Dolphins
Posted By: Beretta_Shooter916 Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/12/24
You guys are forgetting Rod Marinelli

1st coach to go 0-16 in a season.

Now THAT takes talent
Posted By: champlain_islander Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/12/24
My bet is he will do well no matter where he lands.
Posted By: Mad_Max Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/12/24
I'm not a Brady hater. As a matter of fact I've come to accept him as the greatest ever. Having said that there is an argument to be made, and a strong argument at that, that Belichick made Brady the QB he became. Either way, I think each made one another better.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/12/24
A lot of football is played on the line. Kurt Warner used the quick release he learned in Arena football well.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/12/24
Did you play in the leather helmet days wabi?
What is a shame?
Posted By: Teal Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/12/24
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Bill's record as a head coach is under 0.500 at Cleveland and New England with the quarterbacks who were not name Thomas Edward Patrick Brady, Jr. He only had 3 winning seasons without TB12 as his QB, 1994 in Cleveland with Vinnie Testaverde, 2008 with Matt Cassel, and 2021 with Mac Jones.

Brady won a Super Bowl after leaving New England and it will be interesting if Bill can win another one now that he has left New England. Rumors has it that he may be headed to Washington.

Remember tho - Brady was riding pine and only got into the game because of injury. Once there he stayed but seems to me like Bill had a bit to do with developing Brady into the passer/QB he was, even if that means Brady became the straw that stirs the drink later in life. Dude couldn't beat out Bledsoe at the time - needed a neck injury to go in and "finish a game".

Just like Green Bay and the Bears - people say Green Bay lucked into QB's, yeah well if Aaron Rodgers goes to Chicago, he's probably out of the league in 4 years. It takes a certain cultural set of circumstances to create opportunities for greatness. Bill did that for Brady as a young player, same as Mike for Favre, Mike for Aaron, Mike for Love etc.

I'm not saying Brady ain't great - he is, I'm saying he's not great in a vacuum. Bill had an awful lot to do with development and building around him to let him be great.
Posted By: hanco Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/12/24
Can’t believe he is gone.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/12/24
Originally Posted by hanco
Can’t believe he is gone.

This^^^
He was so young and just getting his life turned around.
Sad that.
Posted By: Salmonella Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/12/24
Originally Posted by RAM

My Dad was married to Adam Vinatieri's aunt.
Originally Posted by Teal

Remember tho - Brady was riding pine and only got into the game because of injury. Once there he stayed but seems to me like Bill had a bit to do with developing Brady into the passer/QB he was, even if that means Brady became the straw that stirs the drink later in life. Dude couldn't beat out Bledsoe at the time - needed a neck injury to go in and "finish a game".

Just like Green Bay and the Bears - people say Green Bay lucked into QB's, yeah well if Aaron Rodgers goes to Chicago, he's probably out of the league in 4 years. It takes a certain cultural set of circumstances to create opportunities for greatness. Bill did that for Brady as a young player, same as Mike for Favre, Mike for Aaron, Mike for Love etc.

I'm not saying Brady ain't great - he is, I'm saying he's not great in a vacuum. Bill had an awful lot to do with development and building around him to let him be great.

Drew Bledsoe had a career record of 98W-95, pretty mediocre numbers for a number 1 draft pick. Starting as the 199th pick in the 2000 NFL draft, Tom Brady beat the odds for such a low draft choice by winning more games and more Super Bowels than any other quarterback in NFL history and is only 1 of 2 quarterbacks to win Super Bowls with 2 different team, the other being Peyton Manning, who was also a number 1 pick, who won 2, 1 with Indianapolis and 1 with Denver. The numbers and the results speak for themselves. When a game is on the line winners will find a way to win, TB12 is the GOAT and Drew Bledsoe is another Wally Pipp.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/12/24
Bills big thing is deep sea fishing and he ain't worried about being able to buy groceries or to pay his power bill!!
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/12/24
Brady made Belichick successful and famous. Gene Chizik wasn't worth a crap without Cam Newton either.
Posted By: Teal Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/12/24
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Brady made Belichick successful and famous. Gene Chizik wasn't worth a crap without Cam Newton either.

Bill had a SB win before Brady, granted as DC of the Giants but that was a hell of a Giants D. Plus the Jets head coach for 10 minutes, prior to recent years, the last coach to do anything with the Browns in the playoffs.

Bill had chops before Brady, was successful before Brady, famous before Brady.

Bill had a SB win before Brady, granted as DC of the Giants but that was a hell of a Giants D. Plus the Jets head coach for 10 minutes, prior to recent years, the last coach to do anything with the Browns in the playoffs.

Belichick's record as a head coach in Cleveland was 36W-44L with 1 winning season, 1994, when they were 11W-5L with Vinnie Testaverde. Without TB12 as his starting quarterback he had 2 winning seasons in New England, 2008 when Matt Cassel replaced an injured Tom Brady, and in 2021 after Brady had left New England. Belichick had exponentially more success as a head coach with Brady than he had with all of the other quarterback combined. Brady went on to win a Super Bowl with Tampa, showing that he could win a Super Bowl without Belichick. Belichick might win a Super Bowl without Brady, but he hasn't yet.

I'm sure that there are a lot of NFL assistant coaches with Super Bowl wins, but those are group wins that nobody keeps track of. People who coach sports teams are ranked/graded on their records as the person in charge, not as assistants with much less control over the entire team and the associated outcomes, just like ships captains and business CEOs who are also held accountable for the ogranization's outcomes.
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/12/24
"It’s the other way around Brady’s a piece of sh-t crybaby pansy and if it WASNT for the cheater belikec he would never have been anything pother than an average quarterback."

You gotta get off that Illinois legal reefer, it is just too strong for you. You are saying some crazy s***.
Posted By: pete53 Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/12/24
i wish the Vikings would get him for a head coach
Posted By: IA_fog Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/12/24
Originally Posted by Mad_Max
I'm not a Brady hater. As a matter of fact I've come to accept him as the greatest ever. Having said that there is an argument to be made, and a strong argument at that, that Belichick made Brady the QB he became. Either way, I think each made one another better.

He is not the greatest ever. Maybe in the last 10-15 years but not ever. The NFL has changed the rules so may times to protect BRady and make the league all about touchdowns. Can’t touch the quarterback cant touch the receiver etc etc.
Let’s put Brady’s best team against the Steelers of 78 and see who lasts. Mel Blount pounding a receiver Jack lambert slamming the quarterback, yeah lets see who wins that one

Belichick's record as a head coach in Cleveland was 36W-44L with 1 winning season, 1994, when they were 11W-5L with Vinnie Testaverde. Without TB12 as his starting quarterback he had 2 winning seasons in New England, 2008 when Matt Cassel replaced an injured Tom Brady, and in 2021 after Brady had left New England. Belichick had exponentially more success as a head coach with Brady than he had with all of the other quarterback combined. Brady went on to win a Super Bowl with Tampa, showing that he could win a Super Bowl without Belichick. Belichick might win a Super Bowl without Brady, but he hasn't yet.

I'm sure that there are a lot of NFL assistant coaches with Super Bowl wins, but those are group wins that nobody keeps track of. People who coach sports teams are ranked/graded on their records as the person in charge, not as assistants with much less control over the entire team and the associated outcomes, just like ships captains and business CEOs who are also held accountable for the ogranization's outcomes.

Much better stated than my attempt. Can't slant it any other way.
Posted By: WTM45 Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/12/24

Then it stands to reason that unless a head coach wears the multiple hats of the GM, Player Personnel Director and Owner, and of those who have the control over the franchise's checkbook, all draft choices and free agents they must be given the same leeway.

It takes a combined team effort to be competitive in the NFL. From the ownership suite all the way down to the condition of the practice facilities.

You can only play cards with the hand you get dealt. Some are great, some will make you consider folding.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/12/24

He is not the greatest ever. Maybe in the last 10-15 years but not ever. The NFL has changed the rules so may times to protect BRady and make the league all about touchdowns. Can’t touch the quarterback cant touch the receiver etc etc.
Let’s put Brady’s best team against the Steelers of 78 and see who lasts. Mel Blount pounding a receiver Jack lambert slamming the quarterback, yeah lets see who wins that one

So who’s your top five for greatest ever?
I'd go with Brady, Montana, Bradshaw, Manning, and Brees
Posted By: Marley7x57 Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/12/24
Montana, Bradshaw, Aikman, Brady, then Young. Brady's rating was so so and he did lose 3 games.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/13/24
Originally Posted by Marley7x57
Montana, Bradshaw, Aikman, Brady, then Young. Brady's rating was so so and he did lose 3 games.

LOL. I don’t know about Aikman & Bradshaw. 🤪
How about Marino, Johnny Unitas, Bart Star, and of course, the Real GOAT…….. Roger Staubach. 🤠

Couple of Guys named Manning & Elway weren’t too bad either.

And even Brett Farve was better than Steve Young.

Brady was a good QB with a great Coach and great Receivers. Without Edelman, Gronk and a few others, he was mediocre at best. Not to mention an outstanding DF, that kept them in the games.
Posted By: Marley7x57 Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/13/24
Favre better than Young! Ha Ha Ha
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/13/24
Jerod Mayo is the new Coach. That was awesome how they had in his contract already that he’d be the next Pats Coach when Bill retired. He’s a TN Vol.
Posted By: CRS Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/13/24
What the Patriots, Belichick and Brady accomplished since 2000 will probably never be equaled. To me that is GOAT criteria. Nine SB appearances and winning 6 of them, not too bad.

Results are results.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/13/24
Originally Posted by CRS
What the Patriots, Belichick and Brady accomplished since 2000 will probably never be equaled. To me that is GOAT criteria. Nine SB appearances and winning 6 of them, not too bad.

Results are results.

It was on par with Phil Jackson coaching the Chicago Bulls when Jordan played. Give the guy the freaking ball and get out of the way.
Posted By: IA_fog Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/13/24
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

Bart Starr terry Bradshaw Johnny Unitas joe Montana Brett farve
Posted By: HawkI Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/13/24
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

Sid Luckman
Terry Bradshaw
Joe Montana
Otto Graham
Bart Starr (sub Staubach, Tarkenton or Unitas)

They got hit. Their receivers got hit. Defenders didn't let up when they contacted any of them.
In the effing head, every damn game and they were winners when refs (and everyone else) knew what was a pass, a catch and a fumble was.
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/13/24
Yeah, Brady is mediocre. Right.

An old guy in his 40's when most players have long since retired, he moves to Tampa Bay. The Bucs are a mediocre team, at best. Went 7-9 the year before. In his first year, Brady wins Tampa Bay the Super Bowl.

Yeah, anybody could have done that.
Kinda like when Manning went to Denver....
Posted By: Snowwolfe Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/13/24
Steelers with Bradshaw and Coach Noll won 4 Superbowls in 6 years.
Beat that.
Bradshaw got hit, in the fuggin face, with a helmet against Dallas in the Super Bowl.

Brady was literally allowed to pass and his receivers allowed to catch compared to the early 90s quarterbacks and going back.

He's done outstanding for his generation of the NFL, but I have a hard time putting him on the same level of some of his predecessors.
Posted By: Jcubed Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/13/24
Look at the difference in size. Someone mentioned a steelers linebacker who played saying he'd kill Brady...

Brady is bigger. Qbs now, like manning, brady) are bigger, faster, stronger.

It is across the board at every position.

Science, nutrition, training...have changed all sports.
Posted By: HawkI Re: Bill Belichick. - 01/14/24
Brady and Manning are both slower than fugg, because they are/were pocket passers with "do not hit" signs on them.

They weren't Francis or Roger or even Elway.

I think maybe you've never seen "that" linebacker hit Earl Campbell.....

Money has changed all sports, thats why most of them including the NFL, are a joke.
© 24hourcampfire