Home
Just that?
have a fire and watching football, don't plan on doing much for the rest of the evening
Oh yeah
Have kept the old earth stove hot for the last 24 hours
All the time. Heat the house with it.
Fire is going. Feels good too.
Originally Posted by wyowinchester
All the time. Heat the house with it.

Same here and stoking it like the Wabash Cannonball. Single digit highs here until mid-week.
Heat with LPG at night. Wood during the day. Don't watch football.
Fire in the woodstove, hasn't been out in at least 2 weeks. Burning some oak and cherry this evening.
Gonna make a fire in fire pit when we get home from dancehall, might watch the sun come up
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Just that?
Yep - the wood stove is about six feet right behind me... Toasty 73F right now. Nothing like wood heat.
Burning red elm logs in the fireplace. Good bed of coals going.
We got rid of wood stove about ten years ago, got a Harmon Pellet stove with glass door, fire is probably 18” square, no cutting wood, splitting,carrying, sore back anymore. I buy a ton of pellets for 300 dollars and burning it during the day and propane central air at night. I have never burned more than a 1-1/2 tons in a winter. I think it’s great when you get older, anybody can carry 40 pound bags.
Building one here in a few minutes. Low of 27 tonight.
A wood fire is all we have and all we have had for the last 30 years. GD
Might light up baby bear next weekend really does us no good unless we home all day.Gas logs are so nice🥵
Just that?
Wish I did. I envy my neighbors across the street with a big fireplace. On cold days, you can see the plumes of smoke coming out the chimney.
Yes, I have a wood fire, and burn it every day the temperature falls below 60 or so. Around 1973 I had buck stove build me a custom fireplace insert, with 2 blower motors. It handles wood up to 30 inches in length. Although my home has 2 separate central heating and air units, I keep the thermostats on 65 degrees so they rarely come on. I used to cut my own wood but have been buying it for the past 15 years. I burn 4 to 6 chords a year and still clean my own chimney. I try to burn only red or white oak. I won’t be without my wood-burner until I get so old I have to move to town to be closer to doctors or hospitals.
You need way to put out a chimney fire.
Burning honey locust
I wish, brother
You need way to put out a chimney fire.

Simple, soak a roll of toilet paper in water, toss in stove, damper down....
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Sweet,.
30 below here at the homestead, so yeah the stove is burnin hot.....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by irfubar
30 below here at the homestead, so yeah the stove is burnin hot.....

Pup knows where the best place is.
Alas, no wood fire but the gas fireplace serves well in a pinch or when the weatherman says -15F for a low with 25 mph NW wind. Sooo glad I don’t have to worry about the dairy herd’s udders freezing or a calf coming early and being dropped in the yard in the middle of the night.
But, I did chase the snow blower from 9:00 this morning until dark. This neighborhood needs more younger and healthier folks…instead we have folk who have knee replacement, Parkinson’s disease, severe asthma and someone down in KC with a yet to be diagnosed ailment….and we got about a foot of snow and strong wind yesterday. Was bucking some 3-4ft deep drifts.
Just enjoying a toasty fire and a wee drop of very good brandy right now.

Stay safe and warm!
Outdoor boiler full of oak tonight. 23 now and will drop steadily tonight and tomorrow to 10 by this time tommorow. Quite a cold snap that followed all this snow into MI.

Just got to the halfway point of Lawrence of Arabia with my son and then sent him to bed.
We have burned wood since 1976, really enjoy it
Got some oak and hickory in the stove. Feels good.
Burning one now
Watching the Chiefs and had the wood stove going for several days. Minus 7 now and maybe minus 18 at sunrise. Fire, football and sippin whiskey.
-36 this morning. High of -10 today.

Two stoves going.
-1 right now. Don’t want to make these dogs too soft…

Sitting in a hotel room in Dallas at the moment with three sons aboard in two rooms. Cindi's for breakfast in the AM then back home where a fire will be lit. A bit chilly here.
Got gas. I'm civilized, dammit. Beans and franks for supper has nothing going for it.

Wish I was at one of the cabins. Got wood fire there....

Damned logistics. Got two dogs, 4 snow machines, merchandise due in , wife went to Argentina...

I'm partying now!!!!.

But no wood fire.
Home from dancehall

Originally Posted by las
Got gas. I'm civilized, dammit. Beans and franks for supper has nothing going for it.

Wish I was at one of the cabins. Got wood fire there....

Damned logistics. Got two dogs, 4 snow machines, merchandise due in , wife went to Argentina...

I'm partying now!!!!.

But no wood fire.

We should drink a pizza!
I"ll have my people call your people.

Pick up the phone....
Still up

4:30 here
The Norwegian stove is cranking. Daisy likes it, too!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
© 24hourcampfire