Home
Posted By: hanco What is up for this weekend? - 01/19/24
We are going to see Randall King at the Dancehall tonight, have some friends coming for a couple of days. We are going to a big car show Saturday night. Two Tons of Steel are playing there. A busy weekend for sure.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
My son has a wrestling tournament tomorrow. Team is currently 1st in the state.
Posted By: Teal Re: What is up for this weekend? - 01/19/24
Dinner at Supper Club tonight with GF (getting lettuce trimmed prior)
Hockey game followed by Packer game tomorrow
Sunday - rest.
Chores.

Pick up wife on Sunday evening.

Fix my tractor.

Fire Department Christmas party Saturday night.
Posted By: memtb Re: What is up for this weekend? - 01/19/24
Load up the camper, fill the water tanks (should be above zero F) and head out for a little road trip! memtb
Clean the carpets.
Back up on the roof to add a few hundred more teks, today I conned my daughter into coming up and giving me a hand...she was not comfortable (flatlanders).
I also installed a couple of anchor points as it is a wee bit steepish.
Posted By: EdM Re: What is up for this weekend? - 01/19/24
We buy season tickets for the Broadway shows in San Antonio. Tomorrow we will head out for lunch then to the theater to see Tina: The Tina Turner Musical. Sunday I'll tinker with a couple of rifles and finish loading 350 Legend subsonics with Maker bullets for my youngest son.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Chores.

Fix my tractor.

Not sure that I can pick up my wife, not that She is heavy, but bad back and all.
Got two tractors that need work. They are outside, I am inside. They will have to wait.
Ain't it kinda late for a christmas party? miles
Originally Posted by milespatton
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Chores.

Fix my tractor.

Not sure that I can pick up my wife, not that She is heavy, but bad back and all.
Got two tractors that need work. They are outside, I am inside. They will have to wait.
Ain't it kinda late for a christmas party? miles

They had to call it something!

Maybe we are early.
Going to see Aaron Lewis tonight in Wendover and spend the night out there doing a bit of drinking and watch people lose money gambling.
Sitting by the woodstove
Weather as it will be probably work on mounting a deer for a friend. Cleaning more trash out of moms house. That should cover it. Was going to put outdoor freeze proof faucets on the water line since the well is off from last weeks weather. But the wind is stupid so far today. I don't have to, so I won't.
Cold should break Sunday, so hopefully I can get the tractor started & clean up 2 weeks worth of snow in the driveway & yard.
Had tickets to see my cousin play Saturday night @ the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach SC. As much as I enjoy seeing him play I just don't feel like the 3.5 hour drive to go. Besides that, they practice in my studio so it's not like I don't get to see him play. Heck, I play in with them sometimes.

Got started on my ammo loading early and loaded 125, 44 mags yesterday. Working on over 700 5.56/223 pieces of brass. My poor ol' midway tumbler is on it's last leg and so Mrs. ordered me a new one that will be here sat. I think I got my 19.95 out of it. lol

It's going to be too cold outside for me to do anything (comfortably) so I'll just pull the handle on that Rockchucker.

One of my undeclared NYR's was to get some of these components that I have loaded up.

Also make a pot of spaghetti out of venison Italian sausage. We'll see how that turns out.

Rest Sunday as I have to be at work early Sunday night.

Hope everyone has a safe and pleasant wknd.

ETA gave the tix. away.
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Cold should break Sunday, so hopefully I can get the tractor started & clean up 2 weeks worth of snow in the driveway & yard.

That is what they are forecasting here too, Paul. Tomorrow is supposed to be strong winds and colder than a well diggers ass though!

P.S. What do you have for a tractor?
I'm going to clean my garage this weekend. Holy what a mess!
Help on the farm stay dry, and warm. NFL games.
Posted By: hanco Re: What is up for this weekend? - 01/19/24
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
Going to see Aaron Lewis tonight in Wendover and spend the night out there doing a bit of drinking and watch people lose money gambling.

Going to see him Feb 2 in Lake Charles. Can’t wait
My favorite thing to do in late January.

Shoot green headed mallard ducks in the face.
NFL

Shoot pistols
Walleye fishing
Originally Posted by Rooster7

That is what they are forecasting here too, Paul. Tomorrow is supposed to be strong winds and colder than a well diggers ass though!

Kioti CK20S - 4 x 4 small diesel;

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: hanco Re: What is up for this weekend? - 01/19/24
I enjoy reading what you all are doing on the weekends.
Got no fuçkin clue what I'm doing this weekend
Posted By: KFWA Re: What is up for this weekend? - 01/19/24
I finally get a weekend of "want to do" instead of "have to do"

don't know what all that includes but all signs point to a nap in the recliner in front of the fire at some point
Posted By: KFWA Re: What is up for this weekend? - 01/19/24

everyone has all the cool toys on here
Originally Posted by KFWA

No kidding! It even has a backhoe!!

I told my wife years ago that I wanted a backhoe. She rolled her eyes and said "what would you do with that?" I said "dig schidt."
While it's had lots of uses, best was Deb's smile, after the vege garden !!

Posted By: hanco Re: What is up for this weekend? - 01/20/24
Randall king

I have a bit of a hangover this morning
Deer hunting..

This weekend and next it’ll be a wrap for 2023..
Upland bird hunting trip. Need to get the dogs some bird work.
Aaron Lewis was awesome last night.

Posted By: KFWA Re: What is up for this weekend? - 01/20/24
Originally Posted by KFWA

No kidding! It even has a backhoe!!

I told my wife years ago that I wanted a backhoe. She rolled her eyes and said "what would you do with that?" I said "dig schidt."

I will give my wife credit, she doesn't ask the "why" type of questions , she just knows its a man thing
Originally Posted by hanco
It was probably worth it. Sometimes you have to endure the pain to enjoy the good times. Part of me is looking forward to my kids growing up and being able to have my “own” nights. I won’t do it very often but the option would be nice.
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Sitting by the woodstove
what have been doing all day, sitting and feeding it wood, rare sat off and it's just to cold to do anything outside for me, might go squirrel hunting tomorrow if it gets warmer.
Sitting on the porch at deer camp in Comanche, Tx right now sipping a bourbon and water.
Killed a good sized doe this morning that will get turned into sausage here in the near future.
3 other fellas here in camp for the last weekend, they all have doe tags to fill yet so they are in stands right now.
Got a bunch of mesquite piled in the fire pit

Get a fire started bout sunset and cook ribeyes for dinner.

Damn pleasant afternoon here
39 degrees, light winds and sunny.

Cheers 🥃
Sunset on the river in Bay City, MI. The walleye bite was good but the fish were all smaller. Mostly in the 13”-16” range. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by jmdriver
It was probably worth it. Sometimes you have to endure the pain to enjoy the good times. Part of me is looking forward to my kids growing up and being able to have my “own” nights. I won’t do it very often but the option would be nice.

Youngest daughter was there with us.

Can’t wait to see him Feb 2

Can’t wait to see him Feb 2

Hanco, one the best concerts I've ever been to. It was all acoustical, frigging amazing
Posted By: hanco Re: What is up for this weekend? - 01/21/24
Two tons of steel

Got a fire going
I'm way to old at 59, even at 50, to ever drink enough to get close to a hangover. There is zero joy in getting that way. Sorry you had one.

Ended up decent enough weather decided to plumb instead of mount deer head. Had other things going and got started around 4pm and got one old hose bib dug up and cut off. Put a freeze proof instead and a bit of sacrete in the ground to help hold it in place and a piece of rebar.

Have two more to do this morning. Upper 30s but rain by noon so wife and I are about to go start digging cutting and gluing asap.

After that arm and shoulder hurt so bad putting arm in sling and calling it a day. Might even have a glass of wine tonight.

Need to go shoot one more buck that needs to go but just don't have that energy.
Originally Posted by rost495
I'm way to old at 59, even at 50, to ever drink enough to get close to a hangover. There is zero joy in getting that way. Sorry you had one.

Ended up decent enough weather decided to plumb instead of mount deer head. Had other things going and got started around 4pm and got one old hose bib dug up and cut off. Put a freeze proof instead and a bit of sacrete in the ground to help hold it in place and a piece of rebar.

Have two more to do this morning. Upper 30s but rain by noon so wife and I are about to go start digging cutting and gluing asap.

After that arm and shoulder hurt so bad putting arm in sling and calling it a day. Might even have a glass of wine tonight.

Need to go shoot one more buck that needs to go but just don't have that energy.

I keep drinking to 3 drinks on Saturday, most of the time.
Got both pits going, ribs and some chicken

LOL. I'm way to old to be past that and hurt. Just aint' gonna do it.
Posted By: hanco Re: What is up for this weekend? - 01/22/24

LOL. I'm way to old to be past that and hurt. Just aint' gonna do it.

Takes longer to recover for sure. We dance hard for 4 to 5 hours when we go. That makes you a bit tired the next day.
Posted By: EdM Re: What is up for this weekend? - 01/22/24
Two tons of steel

They used to play at a restaurant just down the road, O'Brien's in Bergheim. They haven't been there for years for some reason.
Originally Posted by EdM
Two tons of steel

They used to play at a restaurant just down the road, O'Brien's in Bergheim. They haven't been there for years for some reason.

They sounded pretty good.
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
Got no fuçkin clue what I'm doing this weekend

Well, update on what I did this weekend. Tried not to schïtt myself getting to the bathroom, and puked so hard I got a nosebleed. Fun weekend.
my weekend starts tomorrow when I pick Leighton up at Bush International, then we'll head to Matagorda for 2 days of hunting.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
my weekend starts tomorrow when I pick Leighton up at Bush International, then we'll head to Matagorda for 2 days of hunting.

Have a good weekend
© 24hourcampfire