Home
Posted By: deltakid Alec Baldwin - 01/19/24
Fox news just reported that Alec Baldwin was just indicted on two counts of involuntary manslaughter for the Rust shooting!
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/19/24
Good.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/19/24
2 counts?

Who else did he kill?
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/19/24
Yep.
Posted By: LouisB Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/19/24
Wish it were more, but hey, lucky to get this!
Posted By: EQFD193 Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/19/24
Thats not fair "He never pulled the trigger" it went off on it's own....guns can do that sometimes...Yea right!
Posted By: EIB0879 Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/19/24
HE will never see the inside of a jail.
Posted By: 1Longbow Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/19/24
Yep ,nothing will happen to him
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/19/24
He'll go to prison about the same time Hunter Biden and HRC go.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/19/24
wonder how well his Trump impression will work in prison?
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/19/24
abc.com

VIDEO
LIVE
SHOWS
ELECTION 2024
Search Headlines, News and Video...

Stream on
hulu
Alec Baldwin indicted by grand jury for involuntary manslaughter over deadly 'Rust' shooting
Prosecutors had initially dropped his case last year.

ByMeredith Deliso
January 19, 2024, 3:12 PM

A grand jury has indicted Alec Baldwin on an involuntary manslaughter charge in the deadly shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the New Mexico set of "Rust," months after prosecutors dropped their case against the actor over her death.

The indictment charges Baldwin, 65, with involuntary manslaughter (negligent use of a firearm) or, in the alternative, involuntary manslaughter (without due caution or circumspection), both fourth-degree felonies.

In response to Friday's indictment, Baldwin's attorneys, Luke Nikas and Alex Spiro of Quinn Emanuel, said, "We look forward to our day in court."

MORE: Grand jury to hear case as prosecutors say Alec Baldwin has 'criminal culpability' in deadly 'Rust' shooting
Special prosecutors investigating the "Rust" shooting said in October 2023 that they believed Baldwin had "criminal culpability" in the deadly shooting. They said at the time they planned to present the case to the grand jury to determine whether probable cause existed to charge him.

The actor was practicing a cross-draw on the Santa Fe set in October 2021 when the gun fired, striking Hutchins and director Joel Souza, who suffered a non-life-threatening injury.

Baldwin was initially charged with two counts of involuntary manslaughter, before special prosecutors dropped the case against the actor in April 2023. At the time, they noted their investigation remained "active and ongoing."

The attorneys representing the family of Hutchins and the film's script supervisor in civil lawsuits over the shooting said in a statement Friday they "are looking forward to the criminal trial which will determine if he should be convicted for the untimely death of Halyna."
Posted By: muleshoe Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/19/24
Originally Posted by KFWA

Haha
Posted By: lima1seven Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/19/24
Even if he gets convicted he’ll get some sweet heart deal like probation/home detention something like Martha Stewart got years ago, for insider trading.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/19/24
Anyone else still packing a Capital One credit card? From when Cabelas switched over?

huff n puff, ….my cooler points.
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/19/24
Originally Posted by EIB0879
HE will never see the inside of a jail.

True
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/19/24
Ok
Posted By: Winchester21 Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/19/24
I hope he gets ass raped by Tyrone and Jenquarius.
Posted By: Greyghost Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/19/24
There's a bigger trial coming up in Van Nuy's near Los Angeles, CA. Rebecca Grossman, wife of prominent burn surgeon Dr. Peter Grossman. The married LA socialite accused of fatally crashing into two brothers was “racing” her MLB player lover after a day-drinking at luncheon. Rebecca Grossman faces two counts of second-degree murder for allegedly plowing into and killing 8-year-old Jacob Iskander and his brother, Mark Iskander, 11, while they crossed a crosswalk in Westlake Village on Sept. 29, 2020.

Link

They are just now picking the jury...

Phil
Posted By: bluefish Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/19/24
And the civil suit will take care of their assets. Good.
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/19/24
None of us are fond of Alec Baldwin...but did not some film clips arise a few months ago of the set director telling Baldwin to raise the gun and fire at the camera...and Baldwin argued something to the effect, I'm not comfortable with that...or something along those lines?
Posted By: ftbt Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/19/24
[Linked Image from i.dailymail.co.uk]
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/19/24
It took 'em two years to figure out that you can't kill someone with a Colt SAA unless you cock the hammer and point it at 'em?

That's negligent manslaughter, even if the gun went off without pulling the trigger, which I doubt it did.
Posted By: Roddy1993 Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/19/24
Ive been in court many times for various reasons.....I have heard numerous times, from judges, that; "ignorance is no excuse for the law." (Not proud.) this should apply to all if applied once.
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/19/24
This will probably be better than the movie.
Posted By: Greyghost Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/19/24
Part of the civil suit settlement approved by a U.S. Judge was that her husband Matthew Hutchins, as part of the settlement, will also become an executive producer on Rust - the western film which recently resumed filming in Montana. Sounds kind of fishy to me. But so does all the excuses published on why the gun was both loaded with real rounds and pointed at the camera in the first place. For manslaughter the most he will get if any time at all will be 18 months. But still can't get over the idea that someone deliberately planed it to happen.

Phil
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/19/24
I looked up the death of Brandon Lee who was killed 3-21-1993 , the guy who pulled the trigger Michael Massee [deceased] wasn't charged. Hollywood types need to hire better firearm professionals.
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/19/24
He shot her twice?!!
Posted By: KEVIN_JAY Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/19/24
Originally Posted by lima1seven
Even if he gets convicted he’ll get some sweet heart deal like probation/home detention something like Martha Stewart got years ago, for insider trading.
She actually spent 5 months in minimum security prison followed by 5 months home detention.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/20/24
Originally Posted by KFWA

Trump needs to go on SNL and do an impression of Asswipe Baldwin when he got notice he’d been indicted. 😜

NOW That would be FUQKING Hilarious! 🤪😂😂
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/20/24
All this conceited azzhole is good for is consuming fresh air!!
Posted By: kennyd Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/20/24
All that garbage about defective. There are several thousand experts on here who could quickly check the half cock, trigger pull and lock up
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/20/24
Originally Posted by kennyd
All that garbage about defective. There are several thousand experts on here who could quickly check the half cock, trigger pull and lock up

We should send ole Shrapnel. 👍🏻
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/20/24
Didn’t Allen have a pedo brother?
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/20/24
Any amount of misery for this pos is a good thing.
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/20/24
Where is everyone “defending” ol’ Alec in this situation because ‘it was the armorer who failed to do her job’? That was something several people on this forum adamantly preached when the incident happened and was being discussed here. They felt the armorer was more at fault than Alec.

Yes, “defending” is in quotes for a reason. I know.
Posted By: Ben_Lurkin Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/20/24
Wake me when he’s actually convicted and sentenced.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/20/24
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
2 counts?

Who else did he kill?

His career...hopefully.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/20/24
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by kennyd

We should send ole Shrapnel. 👍🏻

Not damned likely, the lucky bugger would probably rock up back here with an armful of really nice old firearms he picked up for free.
Posted By: las Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/20/24
True- and he would post pics of them all, the rotten guy.
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/20/24
Trump doing a Baldwin impersonation would break the Internet cool
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/20/24
2 counts?

Who else did he kill?
The bullet went through the woman and hit a man behind her. He didn't die, though. I don't know what the 2d count is for.
Posted By: Plumdog Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/20/24
I saw somewhere that they finished the movie in Montana, and it was claimed a "miracle" due to the circumstances. I will watch it...can't look away from something like that.
Posted By: Longbob Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/20/24
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
2 counts?

Who else did he kill?
The bullet went through the woman and hit a man behind her. He didn't die, though. I don't know what the 2d count is for.

He will end up being tried for only one count. The GJ tee'd it up for the prosecution to choose which one they want to try in court.
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Alec Baldwin - 01/21/24
Originally Posted by bluefish
And the civil suit will take care of their assets. Good.

The civil suit has been settled. Before this incident Alec had a net worth of $62 million. He won't be getting food stamps any time soon.
© 24hourcampfire