Home
https://www.newson6.com/story/65aac...d-charged-in-dead-longhorn-investigation

4 OSU FRATERNITY MEMBERS ARRESTED, CHARGED IN DEAD LONGHORN INVESTIGATION
Stillwater Police arrested four members of the Alpha Gamma Rho Fraternity at Oklahoma State, accused of leaving a dead longhorn on the Farmhouse Fraternity lawn in December.
Friday, January 19th 2024, 12:50 pm

By: Jordan Tidwell

STILLWATER, Okla -
FacebookXGmailEmailShare
Stillwater Police arrested four members of the Alpha Gamma Rho Fraternity at Oklahoma State, accused of leaving a dead longhorn on the Farmhouse Fraternity lawn in December.

Court documents say this was a prank war between the two fraternities, and the longhorn was already dead of natural causes before it was branded and dropped off at Farmhouse.

Stillwater Police say Bennett Fady, Luke Ackerley, Brody Shelby, and Andrew King now face misdemeanor charges of unlawful disposal of a carcass.

The affidavit says the four men dumped the dead longhorn on the lawn of the FarmHouse fraternity on December 1st.

Related Story: Dead Longhorn Found In Front Of Oklahoma State Fraternity House

It says video surveillance from FarmHouse shows three people tying a strap around the porch pillar, and a fourth person pulling the truck away, and the longhorn falling off the trailer.

Investigators say that the longhorn came from the property of a family member of a separate AGR member.

They say the four had borrowed someone's truck to haul the longhorn, and the owner of that truck said he didn't know what it was going to be used for.

Investigators served a search warrant at the AGR house to get video from the time of the incident but say a large portion of surveillance video was missing from around that time.

Related Story: Search Warrant Served At OSU Fraternity House Involved In Dead Longhorn Investigation

Oklahoma State says it expects all students to adhere to the university code of conduct, and appropriate action will be taken based on the outcome of an ongoing internal investigation.
Oklahoma? Did the authorities swab it too?šŸ¤£
Wonder what the actual charges are....
Hopefully the DA drops the charges unless there is more to the story.
I went to four years of college, and was asked to join a fraternity, as a freshman. I didnā€™t join and had zero interest in doing so.
I read a lot about hazing, and even deaths in frat initations, due to extreme forced alcohol consumption. I had a close friend who did join and I recall that his hazing was brutal. He was puking his guts up from too much alcohol, His ass was black and blue for weeks from being beaten.
Have fraternities out lived their usefulness, if they ever were useful? I donā€™t see the point in torturing someone so they can become a part of ā€œthe group.ā€
I was in a fraternity when I went to agricultural college in the 80's. There was technically "hazing" but nothing malicious or involving alcohol or physical injury. Everything revolved around overcoming hardship as a form of teambuilding. Probably similar to the tactics the military uses to build trust and cohesion in a group, but to a much, much less intensity.

Simple things we endured were things like carrying bricks in a bag. Every pledge started with 2 bricks. If you were caught not carrying your bricks, or left them unattended and a brother grabbed them, then your bricks doubled. We had some idiots that would get theirs stolen all the time and would be up to 40 bricks. Of course no one can carry that many, so their pledge brothers would have to carry some for them. You started to get pretty pissed at a fellow pledge that couldn't manage the game and was becoming a burden on the others. And at the same time, the fellow pledges would start policing/protecting their own to prevent a guy from forgetting his bag of bricks or having his bricks stolen.

I heard stories of other fraternities using excessive drinking, paddling etc. Not a place I'd join.
Arrested for dumping a cow which was already dead? It is a college frat prank. Give me a break.
As long as the story of the cow dying of disease is the truth, I don't see the big problem. Now if they stole it and killed it, I would see the big deal. Give them a small punishment and let them go.
Nobody can take a joke anymore.
Originally Posted by Stickfight

Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Stillwater Police say Bennett Fady, Luke Ackerley, Brody Shelby, and Andrew King now face misdemeanor charges of unlawful disposal of a carcass.
Thatā€™s pretty lame.
Iā€™m still curious if they did a DNA swab šŸ˜†
Originally Posted by viking

Dear God, are you implying that a frat boy would bang a dead cow?

Say it ain't so, Joe.
Wellā€¦..
The most important question. Was the Longhorn female?

I mean, a little necrophilia and bestiality is one thing

But homo, bestiality and necrophilia is Savagery!
Originally Posted by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG
As long as the story of the cow dying of disease is the truth, I don't see the big problem. Now if they stole it and killed it, I would see the big deal. Give them a small punishment and let them go.

^^^This^^^

Some kind of community service with differed adjudication is the max they should get.

Itā€™s a college prank. Nothing more.
but but

they got caught, that's punishment enough
Was it a first cousin?
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Stickfight

Thanks, I missed that. Read the "accused of..." line which is usually newspeak for "we don't want to sat the charges because they are stupid".
I was having deja vu or everyone else has aluminum frying pan dementia on this.

There was thread about this in December on here. Pics were posted bloated bovine,etc.

But THIS THREAD is about the perps being charged.

10-4

over and out.

PS, please do your own footnotes šŸ‘šŸ» šŸ‘
They'll suffer more than the idiots who torched our cities in the summer riots.
Sighhhh!!!

Here are the pics from a local Fox affiliate FROM THE DECEMBER story.

you can take your little ā€˜pinchy fingersā€™ and zoom in if you want even more detail about gender.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

And I thought coyotes dragged off that dead steer... eek
Someone took care of the bloating before they loaded it on the flatbedā€¦ šŸ¤¢
Cops with way too much spare time.
Just boys being boys. grin
Story we heard matches this report.

Someoneā€™s grandparents had that steer die on their place. Grandson was tasked to deal with it. What better place than farmhouse yard?

The 2 ag feats had been going back and forth with pranks. Pushing the bounds more every time.

To farmhouseā€™s credit. They would not give the police their surveillance video. From the report, a subpoena forced them to provide it. They didnā€™t eat out the pranksters. Glad to see that.

So glad I attended when I did. I would be jailed for a lot of stuff we did while in college
Originally Posted by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG

Make the culprits responsible for the proper disposal (e.g., if the deceased bovine was already disposed of by someone else, the culptits are on the hook for the disposal costs). Once they pay for the disposal costs, drop the charges. The university should put the culprits on probation so they're retired from pranks. Next case, please!
AGR and Farm House are rival fraternities by nature and are both on campus of many universities. I had a lot of friends in the AGR house when I was in college. I talked to one yesterday when I read an article on Fox News. He told me, like mentioned above, that FH was trying to keep the cops out of it. That being said, Iā€™m not sure who is trying to put the cops in it.
Originally Posted by viking

Dear God, are you implying that a frat boy would bang a dead cow?

In Wisconsin, they call that "Tuesday."
I don't see it as a crime. I did some stupid stuff in college myself.
© 24hourcampfire