Home
Posted By: viking I kinda miss this dude - 01/21/24
I’ve been thinking about getting a 357 lever gun and trying to narrow it down. I really want a Winchester but they are really really hard to find new (as anything thing in lever these days).

Then I stumbled across this video.

I really like the Traditional look of the Winchester and Rossi though. The Henry has some neat features that I like.

Marlin, well that’s a roll of the dice yet.
Posted By: StGeorger Re: I kinda miss this dude - 01/21/24
Get the new Marlin.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: I kinda miss this dude - 01/22/24
I like it..
Posted By: viking Re: I kinda miss this dude - 01/22/24
Originally Posted by StGeorger
Get the new Marlin.

😆, you first.
Originally Posted by StGeorger
Get the new Marlin.

+1
Posted By: GeoW Re: I kinda miss this dude - 01/22/24
Henry gives the impression of modern day firearms, which to me ain't good. Search for pre-appreciated Marlin.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: I kinda miss this dude - 01/22/24
Originally Posted by GeoW
Henry gives the impression of modern day firearms, which to me ain't good. Search for pre-appreciated Marlin.

Yep, the 1894 I gave to my brother cycled 38’s and .357’s flawlessly, the one I bought to replace it won’t feed .38’s for some reason, both shoot great.
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: I kinda miss this dude - 01/22/24
I miss Jeff too. Would like to test the Henry in 45 Colt without cost. I don't know if I want to own it. Guess I have to start reviewing guns for a living. Be Well Brothers, RZ.
Posted By: ringworm Re: I kinda miss this dude - 01/22/24
The new Marlins are amazing. I don't think there's ever been such a nice lever gun made.
Maybe the browning or sako. But it's close.
In the last couple years I have had a henry come in, NEW, with no extractor installed, that had its check card signed for feed and function.
Also had a 38/357 come in with a chamber cut so shallow you couldn't crop a round into the chamber. It was, literally, half the round shallow. And again, inspection card check that it was test fired and fed .
© 24hourcampfire