Home
In an "emergency" case, SCOTUS comes out to rule in favor of Biden to open up the border between Texas and Mexico. Not only do they get to cut the wire, they said it was an "emergency" that it gets cut.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/supreme-court-sides-biden-texas-border-razor-wire-case

Yeah, those Trump SCOTUS picks are really working out for us.
I don't know why but it seems all sides are pushing for civil war
If you do not have boarders that are enforced , you soon no longer have a country.
We need to bring in more of the new federal police force before we close the border.
Bring them in and give them free stuff!!!!!! Housing voucher, vehicle voucher, free healthcare, food stamps, cell phones, Walmart cards, a living wage etc.
A border is fundamental and essential for sovereignty.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
The destruction of the nation to make way for a New World Order. Everyone knew, going back fifty years or more, that the objectives of the globalists would be impossible as long as the United States remained an self-governing and free nation, which is why so many back then held out hope that it could never come to be. Little did they know back then how easy bringing about our downfall would be.
Texas will just have to step up other efforts and come up with new approaches. I believe that is what will happen. We'll see.
Roberts strikes again. And Barrett. Conservatives my ass.
Time for Abbott to grow a pair, and hold what he's taken.
I haven't read the ruling, but I have a hunch that SCOTUS rightly ruled that the border belongs to the fed.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I haven't read the ruling, but I have a hunch that SCOTUS rightly ruled that the border belongs to the fed.

Despite the US Constitution compelling them to protect it.
Perhaps the states should come 5' off the border and do the same thing. Make them sue them again.
Roberts expected, Coney Barrett a major disappointment.

The article wanted me to sign up.

I would like to see what's up.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday sided with the Biden administration in a case involving a razor wire fence along Texas’ border with Mexico.

The court’s decision allows Border Patrol agents to cut concertina wire that Texas had installed along the border near Eagle Pass while litigation continues.

The roughly 30 miles of wire had been installed as part of Texas Gov. Greg Abbott's broader fight with the administration over immigration enforcement and attempts to stem the historic flow of migrants across the border since Biden's term began.

razor wire on the border
The Texas National Guard installed concertina wire along the Rio Grande. (Fox News)

In court papers, the Biden administration argued that the wire impedes Border Patrol agents from reaching migrants as they cross the river and that, in any case, federal immigration laws trumps Texas' own efforts to stem the flow of migrants into the country.

In a 5-4 vote Monday, the justices granted an emergency appeal from the Biden administration, which has been in an escalating standoff at the border with Texas and had objected to an appellate ruling in favor of the state.

The deciding vote was cast by Justice Roberts, while Justices Thomas, Alito, Gorsuch, and Kavanaugh were in the dissent. Justice Amy Coney Barrett, a Trump appointee, also sided with the majority.

No justice provided an explanation for their vote.

buoys installed at the Rio Grande
FILE - A migrant from Columbia stands at a floating buoy barrier as he looks to cross the Rio Grande from Mexico into the U.S., Monday, Aug. 21, 2023, in Eagle Pass, Texas. Texas must move a floating barrier on the Rio Grande that drew backlash from Mexico, a federal appeals court ruled Friday, Dec. 1, 2023, dealing a blow to one of Republican Gov. Greg Abbott's aggressive measures aimed at stopping migrants from entering the U.S. illegally. (AP Photo/Eric Gay, File) (AP Photo/Eric Gay, File)

Most of the razor wire is deployed in the Shelby Park area of Eagle Pass. It is owned by the city but was recently seized by the State of Texas. Federal Border Patrol agents have been blocked from the park since then, a move the Border Patrol Union publicly supports.

The litigation is one of several legal challenges in federal court by the Biden administration over Texas' border enforcement policies, including floating barriers in the Rio Grande as well as trespassing arrests and incarceration of illegal immigrants by the state.. Those cases have yet to reach the Supreme Court.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
You know guys, of all the things that have happened over the years to discourage and dismay those of us who truly believe in the constitution, and the rule of law, everything combined...Ruby Ridge, NSA spying, Waco, undeclared wars, forced to pay Obamacare, election tampering...on and on endlessly, nothing took the heart out of me as finally tumbling to the fact that the court system could not be relied on to ultimately set everything aright eventually. Naive and late to the party.
I now understand Victor Davis Hanson's despair, and I cannot provide a reasoned argument to oppose his view.
Another win for jeffO/greyghost/

12344mag - post the list -iff'n you don't mind.
I believe from a constitutional standpoint the justices got it right. The federal government owns responsibility for the border. Let's imagine the shoe on the other foot. Trump is president and steps up measures to secure the boarder in SOCAL. California unilaterally decides to change the border control infrastructure to suit their needs. Nobody would support that. Unfortunately the constitution doesn't appear to allow for states to take independent border control measures, even when the fed is derelict in their responsibility.
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Texas will just have to step up other efforts and come up with new approaches. I believe that is what will happen. We'll see.

Yep, switch gears and attack from a different angle. Continue to inflict misery on this filth. Never let them rest.
Blue states did not seem to have a problem when they wanted to flaunt the federal government by designating sanctuary cities.
Start dropping off illegals in specific neighborhoods
why isn't Texas flooding Washington DC with illegals instead of Chicago and New York?

I hope Abbott defies them and continues blocking Homeland Security
I hope Abbott protects the wire. Let them attempt to enforce it. This is gong to have to be forced on them like it or not. One way or the other the migration has to stop.
Originally Posted by KFWA
why isn't Texas flooding Washington DC with illegals instead of Chicago and New York?

Drop them off behind the offending justices' houses and point them towards them for shelter and food.
It's always Robets AND Barrett.

Does someone have pictures of the in the same bed, perhaps on Epstein Island?
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Drop them off behind the offending justices' houses and point them towards them for shelter and food.

I mean, I know he's thought of it - there has to be some reason why. Maybe his goal was to get governors to revolt against Biden.( Its working)
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Probably. There was a John Roberts listed on the Lolita Express' flight log.

eating adrenochrome drenched pizza?
Originally Posted by drop_point
Perhaps the states should come 5' off the border and do the same thing. Make them sue them again.

Seems like landowners could ask TX gov for a tax break for putting a barricade on their own land, about 5-10’ off the border.
I believe from a constitutional standpoint the justices got it right. The federal government owns responsibility for the border. Let's imagine the shoe on the other foot. Trump is president and steps up measures to secure the boarder in SOCAL. California unilaterally decides to change the border control infrastructure to suit their needs. Nobody would support that. Unfortunately the constitution doesn't appear to allow for states to take independent border control measures, even when the fed is derelict in their responsibility.

They have a responsibility to secure it, which they aren't.

Can't trust a woman that keeps her maiden name in front of her married name.

That's not going to happen, however Biden and the democraps would love it. Abbott would be arrested. Is it time to make Shelby Park a battle cry, or is it time for Texas to secede?

Despite the US Constitution compelling them to protect it.
The Court may be deferring to the electorate to toss them out if they don't?
Abbott needs to raise a "Come and Take it" flag featuring barb wire...instead of a canon.
If I were Texas, I would keep what I have and force the Feds to start a new round of appeals. Make them earn it. Something like what Joe is doing with the student loan repayments.

kwg

Is that what the 10th Amendment says?

The federales aren't "derelict" they are complicit.
Once upon a time President Andrew Jackson told the Supreme Court “you have made your law, now enforce it”!
I know a lot of people on here are not people of faith. But, and it's big, In the end times there is no mention what so ever of the Big all powerful nation from the West in Revelations. So how do you suppose we go from where we are now and have been since the early 1900s to a non mention. Many in the past have stated that the only way a large powerful nation such as ours is destroyed is from the inside. this is what you are witnessing presently ......

I really hate to say this out loud but I believe Paul is correct.
The SC has to rule strict constitutional law. Vote out the preasant administration and hope they change it.
We might just be screwed. 😢
In 3 years-
The Biden Cabal has allowed 13+million illegals into the USA.

The above 13 million would replace the whole population of the #4 ranked state of Pennsylvania.

5 more million illegals & the population of the #3 ranked state of N.Y. could be completely replaced.

Disgusting
Originally Posted by SS336

I really hate to say this out loud but I believe Paul is correct.
The SC has to rule strict constitutional law. Vote out the preasant administration and hope they change it.
We might just be screwed. 😢

If that is the case, then the Federal Government is COMPELLED to secure the border and enforce all immigration law; not subverting it with "administrative policy".
Three years ago I never saw illegal immigrants in my neck of the woods. While pumping gas on Saturday, three consecutive cars pulled up with every seat full, not an English speaker among them.
And how long before the next terrorist attack happens here in the USA? Arm yourself or become a victim...
If you defend yourself from an illegal immigrant terrorist, they will call it a hate crime and throw your carcas behind bars.
just think what would happen if you shot their drone!
Send a bus each of Illegals to their neighborhoods and don’t change a thing except Move the enforcement and increase measures 150 Meters in
A state according to the U.S. constitution cannot "engage in war unless actually invaded". also it requires the federal government to "protect each of them (states) against Invasion"
Originally Posted by wyoming260
I know a lot of people on here are not people of faith. But, and it's big, In the end times there is no mention what so ever of the Big all powerful nation from the West in Revelations. So how do you suppose we go from where we are now and have been since the early 1900s to a non mention. Many in the past have stated that the only way a large powerful nation such as ours is destroyed is from the inside. this is what you are witnessing presently ......

That boat sailed 2K years ago.
Originally Posted by rainshot
Once upon a time President Andrew Jackson told the Supreme Court “you have made your law, now enforce it”!
There is a problem here. We don't have Andrew Jackson as president. We have Joseph Jackass in the seat and his masters are only too willing to thwart Governor Abbot and even put him in a federal jail. It has become a crime to criticize the Democrat ruling elite in a public demonstration. What you reckon they would do to a governor defying a court decision?
Originally Posted by Valsdad

eating adrenochrome drenched pizza?

Ha!
While I understand the probable reason for the court to rule the way it did (States vs Federal powers), there needs to be a clear understanding what the states can do when the federal government refuses to do it's job. The founders never dreamed the federal government wouldn't protect the borders.
Originally Posted by Steve
The founders never dreamed the federal government wouldn't protect the borders.

They knew it could happen, they warned citizens to be vigilant to guard against it.

We haven't been.
The Supreme Court is protected by a wall but the citizens can pound sand. This country is destroying itself and nobody's doing anything to save it.
[Linked Image from theconservativetreehouse.com]
Three years ago I never saw illegal immigrants in my neck of the woods. While pumping gas on Saturday, three consecutive cars pulled up with every seat full, not an English speaker among them.

We been fighting the wetbacks here for 30 years or more.... they are a huge portion of the lefties base.....we started seeing states like Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, etc swinging blue and now no state is safe.... wetbacks are taking over EVERY state....at least enough that the Right will never take back the Executive or Legislative branches of govt. Trump (and both houses) in 24' is our last chance I'm afraid.
They could back up 100 yards onto all private property and put up a fence, wire or barriers. I'm sure the property owners would be more than willing to cooperate. Surely they can't stop private property owners from putting up "fencing" to protect their cattle, or property. National parks, forests, grasslands, etc, they can't do anything but all the area around the government property could be fenced.
In an "emergency" case, SCOTUS comes out to rule in favor of Biden to open up the border between Texas and Mexico. Not only do they get to cut the wire, they said it was an "emergency" that it gets cut.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/supreme-court-sides-biden-texas-border-razor-wire-case

Anyway I'd like to see what Hillary would have put in....
When the federal government abdicates its constitutional duty it is up to the state.
While I understand the probable reason for the court to rule the way it did (States vs Federal powers), there needs to be a clear understanding what the states can do when the federal government refuses to do it's job. The founders never dreamed the federal government wouldn't protect the borders.
The founders were extremely clear that they expected this all to eventually happen and as such penned in rights, and thoughts that we would have to defend the constitution again. Likely numerous times if we get that far.

Thats been clear from writings of the signers of the paper from the get go.
Originally Posted by rost495

making sense again I see.

doesn't always go over well around here

None of the justices provided any explanation for their vote.

Sundance
SCOTUS is owned by the Deep State... TRUST NO ONE!...
Originally Posted by JSTUART

The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday sided with the Biden administration in a case involving a razor wire fence along Texas’ border with Mexico.

The court’s decision allows Border Patrol agents to cut concertina wire that Texas had installed along the border near Eagle Pass while litigation continues.

The roughly 30 miles of wire had been installed as part of Texas Gov. Greg Abbott's broader fight with the administration over immigration enforcement and attempts to stem the historic flow of migrants across the border since Biden's term began.

razor wire on the border
The Texas National Guard installed concertina wire along the Rio Grande. (Fox News)

In court papers, the Biden administration argued that the wire impedes Border Patrol agents from reaching migrants as they cross the river and that, in any case, federal immigration laws trumps Texas' own efforts to stem the flow of migrants into the country.

In a 5-4 vote Monday, the justices granted an emergency appeal from the Biden administration, which has been in an escalating standoff at the border with Texas and had objected to an appellate ruling in favor of the state.

The deciding vote was cast by Justice Roberts, while Justices Thomas, Alito, Gorsuch, and Kavanaugh were in the dissent. Justice Amy Coney Barrett, a Trump appointee, also sided with the majority.

No justice provided an explanation for their vote.

buoys installed at the Rio Grande
FILE - A migrant from Columbia stands at a floating buoy barrier as he looks to cross the Rio Grande from Mexico into the U.S., Monday, Aug. 21, 2023, in Eagle Pass, Texas. Texas must move a floating barrier on the Rio Grande that drew backlash from Mexico, a federal appeals court ruled Friday, Dec. 1, 2023, dealing a blow to one of Republican Gov. Greg Abbott's aggressive measures aimed at stopping migrants from entering the U.S. illegally. (AP Photo/Eric Gay, File) (AP Photo/Eric Gay, File)

Most of the razor wire is deployed in the Shelby Park area of Eagle Pass. It is owned by the city but was recently seized by the State of Texas. Federal Border Patrol agents have been blocked from the park since then, a move the Border Patrol Union publicly supports.

The litigation is one of several legal challenges in federal court by the Biden administration over Texas' border enforcement policies, including floating barriers in the Rio Grande as well as trespassing arrests and incarceration of illegal immigrants by the state.. Those cases have yet to reach the Supreme Court.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
Originally Posted by rost495

Would have been much worse, but even with our side getting to seat them, they are still kicking us in the balls.
Originally Posted by Fireball2

They knew it could happen, they warned citizens to be vigilant to guard against it.

We haven't been.

Absolutely! There is no fight in this group. Remember how the Supreme Court backed off the 2020 election situation. They were clearly scared of the other side and their antics. They sure as heck don’t have any fear of us.
Originally Posted by DMc

That's not going to happen, however Biden and the democraps would love it. Abbott would be arrested. Is it time to make Shelby Park a battle cry, or is it time for Texas to secede?
He could order the arrest of any Federal agent who tries to arrest him.
Originally Posted by Fireball2

We haven't been.

Where is it in the constitution? 10th?
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Is that what the 10th Amendment says?

The federales aren't "derelict" they are complicit.

Exactly. The Constitution (in Article I, Section Eight) clearly delegates to the Federal Government the power, but not the obligation, to defend the US from foreign invasion and establish the rules of naturalization, but it only becomes an exclusive power of the Federal Government to the extent they choose to use it. If they abdicate their role in defending the border (and, in fact, assume the role of active aider and abetter of foreign invasion), states are empowered by the 10th Amendment to take up that power not being exercised by the Federal Government and act on it.

If it does, surely the land on the north side of the river belongs to TX, & they should jail every single one for being in TX illegally, put them in tents & ring it with wire well inside TX borders.

Tell Biden & an federal court to fu^ck off...............past time to force the issue & bring it to a head.

MM
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

If it does, surely the land on the north side of the river belongs to TX, & they should jail every single one for being in TX illegally, put them in tents & ring it with wire well inside TX borders.

Tell Biden & an federal court to fu^ck off...............past time to force the issue & bring it to a head.

MM
This.

It's impossible for this to be resolved peacefully.
Originally Posted by Morewood
The Supreme Court is protected by a wall but the citizens can pound sand. This country is destroying itself and nobody's doing anything to save it.
[Linked Image from theconservativetreehouse.com]

Perhaps it needs to be. Inflict enough pain and people will get motivated.............or elect to die in their misery.
Why aren't the landowners along the border shooting illegals who are trespassing? I've heard some blowhard Texans claim they'd shoot poachers.
Originally Posted by stevelyn

Secession!

MAGA!
Let them all in. The ruling communist elite needs more servants.
Perhaps it needs to be. Inflict enough pain and people will get motivated.............or elect to die in their misery.

Oh, there are plenty of peeps in this forum who's motto is "better Red than Dead". They've already declared they are sit'n the next one out.

Not all sides.

One for sure though.
Not surprised Amy Barrett voted in favor of allowing illegals to freely cross into this country. She has represented herself as a devout Catholic and they are one of the NGO groups that have received federal funds to bring in illegals. She should have recused herself from this case.

The international border is also the state border. I am not an attorney but I would have argued the federal government has set a precedence of allowing state law to supersede federal law by recognizing sanctuary states and cities, and by allowing states to legalize drugs in conflict with federal law. Immigration law should therefore be superseded by state law as well. If the individual states want to enforce their borders with other countries they should be allowed to do so.

The court system is our last chance to restore a constitutional government. The fact that they have been so quick to dismiss cases for lack of standing makes it apparent they are either spineless or have been compromised in some way. More and more time is of the essence and unless the judicial branch begins to exert their authority this will not end well. The DOJ is currently ignoring judicial orders to release documents in some cases.
Whoever heard of stopping the National Guard,from Guarding the Nation?,,,, I mean,

.... and adopts negro chilren as a Social Justice Warrior that she is.

Horrible pick by trump.
Originally Posted by add

.... and adopts negro chilren as a Social Justice Warrior that she is.

Horrible pick by trump.

100%
Was their decision "constitutional"?

We just wanted judges to follow the constitution....not be activists....right?
Where is their explanation as to why their decision was consistent with the Constitution?
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Where is their explanation as to why their decision was consistent with the Constitution?

I believe that they just ruled on a motion that got elevated to SCOTUS from the lower court. That case is ongoing. SCOTUS doesn't usually comment on motions.
This is only the beginning, they know 100% the right isn't going to do anything. So why would the DState stop or even slow down the invasion ??? They want the freedom lovers gone and that's what they'll get.
Originally Posted by MrWilson
Blue states did not seem to have a problem when they wanted to flaunt the federal government by designating sanctuary cities.
Seems they don't want to honor those vows, now.
Just wait till they rule on everything Trump, then ya gunna see some schit
Originally Posted by steve4102
Just wait till they rule on everything Trump, then ya gunna see some schit

Ain't that a fact.
© 24hourcampfire