Home
Posted By: Raeford American Samoa? - 01/24/24
Any fine campfire folk from here?

Our chocolate lab once told us she'd like to visit there someday.
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: American Samoa? - 01/24/24
A truly wild place habitated by Samoan- Americans. Their economy fluctuates with the tuna.
Posted By: Teal Re: American Samoa? - 01/24/24
Originally Posted by Raeford

Not I but I like their cookies.

Used to date a girl who did hula dancing/competitions. She had Samoan neighbors that got her into it. Decent folk.

Posted By: rainshot Re: American Samoa? - 01/24/24
I thought Pelosi fixed that her first term as speaker.
Posted By: AJ300MAG Re: American Samoa? - 01/24/24
One of the airborne radio maintenance people's that I flew with on ECs was an American Samoan, Good dood, he knew his schidt...
Posted By: flintlocke Re: American Samoa? - 01/24/24
Looking at the stats, it appears Am Samoa is a black hole of tax money....sssuuuuck. Makes Puerto Rico look like an engine of capitalism.
Posted By: Raeford Re: American Samoa? - 01/24/24
A good place to take your doggie on vac9tion?
Posted By: earlybrd Re: American Samoa? - 01/24/24
Ppl speak funny there
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: American Samoa? - 01/24/24
Isn't that another one of those islands that's in danger of tipping over if too many tourists go there?
Posted By: patbrennan Re: American Samoa? - 01/24/24
I've been there once, for a day. People were friendly enough but not that much to see and I'd not consider it a great destination for an extended stay!
Posted By: Dinny Re: American Samoa? - 01/24/24
They call us Haoles
Posted By: slumlord Re: American Samoa? - 01/24/24
Saul Goodman got his law degree there online
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: American Samoa? - 01/24/24
If that gal can move like that in a horizontal position, I'll bet her husband/boyfriend has his chiropractor on speed dial. I was in USAF basic training in 1967 with a bunch of guys from American Samoa. They were chocolate brown, about "4 feet nothing" tall, and built like a fireplug. Those guys were as tough as a $2.00 steak. All of us were members of "Project 100,000" which was a special program for people who either didn't meet the physical or police record standards for normal enlistment. My training flight also included some incredibly fat couch potatoes and some damyankee gangbangers with a police record a mile long. The washout rate was pretty steep. My "disqualifying" factor was a reckless driving and speeding history going back several years. At least I never got caught with a tanker loaded with Tennessee moonshine whiskey.
I flew to Hawaii to expedite the unloading of a barge load of lumber/beams in 1972. Met the barge at the port area, got it tied up and fired up the onboard pedestal crane and began removing hatch covers. A big Cadillac pulled up on the dock honking the horn, and 4 huge brown guys too well dressed to be lonshoremen, got out. giving me the hand across the throat signal, shut er down. I went down to talk to them...they informed me in funny English, You stop now, boy...longshore union job. Foolishly I replied, where the hell are they then? We are paying 400 bucks an hour sitting at this dock. Hateful glares...you stop now. I got the message. I walked to the Harbormasters office, complained and was told for safety reasons the best thing to do was fly back to the mainland. I smarted off, ah Hawaiian hospitality. He said no, those are Samoan tough boys, go home, don't get sideways with them.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: American Samoa? - 01/24/24
They were chocolate brown, about "4 feet nothing" tall, and built like a fireplug.
I haven't known any of them personally, but guys from AS have occasionally attended mainland colleges on football scholarships. They're BIG, mainly playing as linemen.
By golly im 134 years old I don’t get references to Saul Goodman

Arrrgghhh!!!

Maybe Hondo or Chisum. Ive watched that 373 times and it’s new to me EVER TIME. 🤦🏻
Posted By: Raeford Re: American Samoa? - 01/24/24
Originally Posted by slumlord

Arrrgghhh!!!

Maybe Hondo or Chisum. Ive watched that 373 times and it’s new to me EVER TIME. 🤦🏻

2 Mules for Sarah Sister[or something]
Movie night at the Early Methodist

mmm pfree poptorn
Posted By: BeanMan Re: American Samoa? - 01/24/24
You’d like The Cook Islands or Fiji much better. Sailed a small boat through there a few years ago. If Fiji you need to get away from the Nadi area. Cook Islands are really great but not very busy so you’d need to entertain yourselves. All three speak english, Fiji and Cook Islands are also safer than American Samoa.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: American Samoa? - 01/24/24
had a friend stationed there for awhile. Said the diving was great. But he'd not go back to live.

Worked with two fellas. Sal and F. Former was Father in Law to latter. both rather strong. FIL especially so. Would watch him put one 100lb sack of flour on one shoulder, flip another up onto his other, then carry them 50' or so to the mixer at the bakery. Picked up a dude about 180 lb and stuck him against the wall when the other dude started an altercation with him. Last altercation the dude started. Both of those guys extremely nice folks until you gave them grief. FIL was a clan leader sort, lots of stuff ran thru him.

Generally speaking, I'd have them as friends rather than the other option.

not sure about taking my dog there though.

And whodafugg this Saul dude?
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: American Samoa? - 01/24/24
Apparently it's a very Catholic island. Sunday is a very quiet day. Per capita, men from AS volunteer for the US military service in very high numbers.
Posted By: las Re: American Samoa? - 01/24/24
Movie night at the Early Methodist

mmm pfree poptorn

We've seen "Men in Black" at least 10 times. Every time from #3 or so, my wife has to ask," Have I seen this before?".

Sometimes we lie.

A fair amount of Somoans in AK. Some of them are nice people, some are in the news fairly often.
Posted By: Ben_Lurkin Re: American Samoa? - 01/24/24
Got in a fight with one in HS. I was holding my own until about three ‘bruddus’ jumped in to help him out. Got some cracked ribs out of it for my efforts. These days they might kill you.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: American Samoa? - 01/24/24
A friend has his business broken into frequently by Samoans.

Car paintshop got hit by a bunch of them... they knew they were Samoan because they found an 8X hoodie.
Little known history trivia fact. Kanakas (Pacific Islanders from everywhere) were a pretty significant labor force on the west coast from the get go. They were highly regarded as seamen, about twice as powerful as the average hand, some say they had incredible upper body strength from generations of paddling sea going canoes. They were scattered all over the west coast at the time the gold rush started in 1849. Some became successful miners in there own right. Many place names bear testimony to this day.
For many years the local Injun tribes denied being a product of Kanaka and Chinese blood. Old photographs from historical mining archives were denied as authentic, but even the most casual look shows the pureblood Injuns in the 1850's as a diminutive people, and as the years progressed the photos showed the Polynesian genes. Huge barrel like torsos and heavy musculature in the Kanaka mold, in the case of the Chinese blood, still diminutive people but with pronounced slant eyes and epicanthic fold appeared. Then along came affordable genetic testing...oops, so much for pure Injun blood.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: American Samoa? - 01/24/24
Those ol' boys, make pretty tough Rugby players !
Posted By: BOBBALEE Re: American Samoa? - 01/24/24
If you ever go out in search of a great white whale take one along to hurl the harpoon.
Posted By: OGB Re: American Samoa? - 01/24/24

This was actually my first thought!

He even sported the sweatshirt on occasion.
Posted By: hillestadj Re: American Samoa? - 01/24/24

Arrrgghhh!!!

You know Jimmy McGill?
Posted By: sse Re: American Samoa? - 01/24/24
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
They were chocolate brown, about "4 feet nothing" tall, and built like a fireplug.
I haven't known any of them personally, but guys from AS have occasionally attended mainland colleges on football scholarships. They're BIG, mainly playing as linemen.
what about the "throwin samoan"
Posted By: slm9s Re: American Samoa? - 01/24/24
Go Cougs!
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: American Samoa? - 01/24/24
Originally Posted by OGB

This was actually my first thought!

He even sported the sweatshirt on occasion.
Go Land Crabs!
Posted By: smokepole Re: American Samoa? - 01/24/24
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Raeford

Not I but I like their cookies.

We always buy some from the girl scouts.

But first I ask 'em, " do you have Samoans in a box?"

Well, ya better let 'em out!
Posted By: patbrennan Re: American Samoa? - 01/25/24
Rugby is a very big thing down there, at least in Fiji and Tonga. That would be a battle of the titans! Lots of huge guys in Tonga, truly fill a doorway huge! Samoa, not far from American Samoa, is also an interesting place with lots of very friendly people and decent beaches.
Posted By: hardway Re: American Samoa? - 01/25/24
Originally Posted by hillestadj

Arrrgghhh!!!

You know Jimmy McGill?

Slippin Jimmy ? 😂
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: American Samoa? - 01/25/24
We hired 2 guys from there. Had to fire both of them for smoking dope on the job
Posted By: slumlord Re: American Samoa? - 01/25/24
Originally Posted by hardway
Originally Posted by hillestadj

Arrrgghhh!!!

You know Jimmy McGill?

Slippin Jimmy ? 😂
Wut? Huh?

For the 12th time

“TOP TEN JOHNSON WAYNER MOVIES”

Ok RUBES….set fire to it.

Uhhhhhhhhh duhhhhrrrrrrr!!!!
© 24hourcampfire