Home
Posted By: KRAKMT Romney - - 01/26/24
Did the news hounds post his quote claiming Trump asked the GOP to not fix the boarder?

So by Romney logical the senate could have fixed it over the last four years and chose to do nothing,

Or they chose to do nothing for the last four years because Trump is in charge and q is right.

Romney is everything wrong with the swamp.

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/jan/25/mitt-romney-donald-trump-immigration-republicans
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Romney - - 01/26/24
Romney is what's wrong with any Coward.

I got to thinking the other day, the only thing that would have been accomplished if Romney would have won would have been giving the finger to The Traitor in Cheif.

Everything else would have been the same.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Romney - - 01/26/24
Total POS. Rather have a D in office than him.
Posted By: STRSWilson Re: Romney - - 01/26/24
There is little question that the GOP and that probably includes Trump wants the immigration madness to continue. It excites the base.

Washington politics...
Posted By: efw Re: Romney - - 01/26/24
The article frames the issue in an intellectually dishonest way.

It says that Trump told Reps not to compromise with Dems to solve the border issue, NOT that Pres Trump doesn’t want a solution to the border issue.

Any viable and worthwhile solution is going to involve a wall, guaranteed sealing of said wall, and deportations. Dems consider all of the above to be non-starters.

Romney would consider granting citizenship to everyone in the country a solution and wouldn’t care less about a wall much less a seal against future border violations!

So dishonest and people like STRSWILSON fall for it every time.
Posted By: Squidge Re: Romney - - 01/26/24
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4429211-romney-trump-border-bill-biden/

“I think the border is a very important issue for Donald Trump,” Romney said. “And the fact that he would communicate to Republican senators and congresspeople that he doesn’t want us to solve the border problem because he wants to blame Biden for it is really appalling.”

“But the reality is that we have a crisis at the border, the American people are suffering as a result of what’s happening at the border, and someone running for president ought to try to get the problem solved as opposed to saying, ‘Hey, save that problem. Don’t solve it. Let me take credit for solving it later,’” Romney continued.

Romney’s remarks come after weeks of negotiations on a potential legislative package that addresses border security and provides funding for Ukraine and other allies. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and his allies have warned that Republicans are unlikely to get a similar deal at any other moment, even if Trump wins reelection.
Posted By: Gojoe Re: Romney - - 01/26/24
Romney, all hat, no cattle.
Posted By: Gojoe Re: Romney - - 01/26/24
On reflecting on Romney. It would be better to say that he will spend his life in Government and then run for President on a history of nothing that mattered.
Biden 2.0.
Posted By: Bob_mt Re: Romney - - 01/26/24
Originally Posted by efw
The article frames the issue in an intellectually dishonest way.

It says that Trump told Reps not to compromise with Dems to solve the border issue, NOT that Pres Trump doesn’t want a solution to the border issue.

Any viable and worthwhile solution is going to involve a wall, guaranteed sealing of said wall, and deportations. Dems consider all of the above to be non-starters.

Romney would consider granting citizenship to everyone in the country a solution and wouldn’t care less about a wall much less a seal against future border violations!

So dishonest and people like STRSWILSON fall for it every time.

for ever the battle cry has been, the border, the border, the border.....but nothing has been done....so strs is right in a way. it keeps everybody worked up...always remember that the border situation doesn't affect the elite among us.....they use it for their own personal gain...to get reelected......bob
Posted By: RMiller2 Re: Romney - - 01/26/24
Originally Posted by Gojoe
On reflecting on Romney. It would be better to say that he will spend his life in Government and then run for President on a history of nothing that mattered.
Biden 2.0.

That would describe nearly all the swamp critters. Left wing, right wing, its the same bird. A great buzzard picking the guts out of America.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Romney - - 01/26/24
Save America, vote Republican, The Lesser of Two Evils .
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: Romney - - 01/26/24
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
There is little question that the GOP and that probably includes Trump wants the immigration madness to continue. It excites the base.

Washington politics...
I'm part of Trump's base and you're absolutely not speaking for me.
Posted By: rainshot Re: Romney - - 01/26/24
The sad fact is our legislators in both houses are controlled by lobbyists that make donations and hire their family members for lucrative no show jobs in order to get legislation passed that favors them. Democrats have pushed for amnesty and open borders for generations. Republicans are culpable because they are on the take as well. The national chamber of commerce wants open borders for cheap labor. Problem is there isn't any cheap labor. Not for long anyway. Try to hire a Mexican crew to do construction work today and you're going to pay much higher than a few years ago. They have power because they are the only game in town. Mexican nationals do our farm work plowing and planting. They do our concrete work, roofing, framing and just about every aspect in building a house. I've seen them welding in various operations from vessel construction to steel framework. The Mexican crews doing roofing and concrete work have a lot of clout if they decide to walk off a job in the middle of it or just before a large bid job.

Our government has protected this class of workers because big business demands it. Roberts and Barrett just decided it in this farcical opinion. We have a lot of people to retire and replace if we are ever to get our Nation back. It's past time to wake up and go to work.
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Originally Posted by STRSWilson

Washington politics...
I'm part of Trump's base and you're absolutely not speaking for me.
Or me
Posted By: Calvin Re: Romney - - 01/26/24
The Dems plan is to kneecap Trump on the border issue before the election. Give it some lip service and pretend like they care. Trump knows it.
Posted By: Tminc Re: Romney - - 01/26/24
Romney and his niece,needs to b Cheney'ed
and helped to STFU. Start a club,call it Really Stupid People,or Traitors R us!
Let them run it.Liz and Nancy could be bi partisan co_unt chairs,Adam Kinzinger,Jamie Raskin and Adam [bleep] brains can be head of circle jerks.The list goes on and on.Think I'll go spread some politics in my garden.Buzzards do us a favor,its a dis to compare them to politicians.
Posted By: UltraMAGA Re: Romney - - 01/26/24
I dont see a huge difference between romney and soros at this point.
Posted By: Calvin Re: Romney - - 01/26/24
Originally Posted by Tminc
Romney and his niece,needs to b Cheney'ed
and helped to STFU. Start a club,call it Really Stupid People,or Traitors R us!
Let them run it.Liz and Nancy could be bi partisan co_unt chairs,Adam Kinzinger,Jamie Raskin and Adam [bleep] brains can be head of circle jerks.The list goes on and on.Think I'll go spread some politics in my garden.Buzzards do us a favor,its a dis to compare them to politicians.

Ronna loves Trump.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Romney - - 01/26/24
Fuqk him
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: Romney - - 01/26/24
Originally Posted by UltraMAGA
Amen
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Romney - - 01/26/24
Traitors need to be the first in line to walk the plank.
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Originally Posted by UltraMAGA
Amen
I don’t see the difference between Romney or any DC Republican, cept Romney has the guts to admit what they all believe.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Romney - - 01/26/24
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Traitors need to be the first in line to walk the plank.

Drowning is way too good for thes asswholes........I got other plans and some involve pliers and branding irons.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Romney - - 01/26/24
Romney is a snake, beware.
Originally Posted by GeoW
Romney is a snake, beware.
Can you name a DC Republican that isn’t a snake?
Posted By: Ben_Lurkin Re: Romney - - 01/26/24
Fix? Fix what? Keep your eye on the ball. There’s nothing to fix! Enforce the existing laws. These douchebags just want appropriations in the name of an emergency in order to raid the Treasury. No deal. Enforce the laws! Damed politicians aren’t going to do a thing tho. Both sides like illegal immigration. It floods the labor market which suppresses all wages and Dems are minting new voters.
Posted By: lundtroller Re: Romney - - 01/26/24
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Fix? Fix what? Keep your eye on the ball. There’s nothing to fix! Enforce the existing laws. These douchebags just want appropriations in the name of an emergency in order to raid the Treasury. No deal. Enforce the laws! Damed politicians aren’t going to do a thing tho. Both sides like illegal immigration. It floods the labor market which suppresses all wages and Dems are minting new voters.

Forgot to add, it is wise financial planning for themselves! It's all about $$$ and power.

Deep to his core, Romney is all about $$$. Power has been a newer thing for him and he likes it, even being a humble Senator!

Has there really ever been any such thing as a "public servant?" Or it is really just the proverbial curtain they all work behind to embellish themselves in some way? If "public servants" really ever did apply, it was only when those who held public office or "served the cause" in any way really risked all and put everything on the line. It has been a long time since that happened. JMHO.
Posted By: KRAKMT Re: Romney - - 01/26/24
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin

Union members voting Democrat. DC voting to line their own pockets, Sanctuary cities finally starting to experience the pain. Crazy world.
© 24hourcampfire