Home
Ouch!!
Dang! That's a hard hit.
danged okies...
I passed this scene about 5 minutes after it happened going the opposite direction. It looked REALLY bad in person.
I was setting on the Interstate looking at a trailer that had come loose from a car and ended up in the median. I checked my rearview mirror before getting out of my car and I see this kid looking at the trailer and NOT at me in my marked patrol car with the top lights on. At the last second he looked my way and tried to evade my patrol car and did a glancing blow to my right rear quarter panel.

The kid was target fixated on that trailer in the median and didn't see that he was turning right into me. My guess is this is exactly what happened here.

kwg
i got hit like that 7 years ago by a teen probably texting ,only diff was i was on the driver side and her doin 45. bout 400,000 in med bills and some titanium rods . and im good as new .NOT
I gotta tell ya, I've driven through OKC and on I40 some...there some special breed of stupid around there.
I always tell my girls to never sit in a broken down or stuck car on the interstate, even if it's a bright clear day. Idiots don't do things that make sense.
Wow
Bowfisher, it’s all the stupid people from NJ and NY from east and even worse, CA and AZ coming from west on I-40, keep going and don’t stop, drugs !!!!
Cold freezes brains too, apparently. 20 below here yesterday, and I almost got creamed 3 times the 2 hours I was in town. And it had warmed to -10! All with about 20 minutes, in the same Parking lot.

Two people initiating backing out way too fast, without even looking - lights not on either. I could stop for one, the other would have got me behind the rear door, so I boosted! Same lot, then 30 seconds later after the latter incident...

Another guy 45* angle gunned it in from the side in front of me, as I was straight-in approaching the exit road to the highway after grocery shopping, missing my right front by no more than 6". I don't know what he was doing, but obviously not looking and going 3X faster, or more, than appropriate parking lot speed. On ice! Luckily I was creeping along at 5mph , even though I was clear of the parking spaces, and on an exit road feed. It was still parking lot....

Fuggin idiot. 2X in less than a minute? The 1st back-out incident was entering the parking lot to go shopping. I had more to do, but when I got to the highway, I turned right & went home, instead of left for a couple other errands.

28 below this morning - probably even more frozen-brainiacs out there.

I think the cold pinches their asses so tight it shuts off blood flow through the carotids. smile
Originally Posted by bowfisher
I gotta tell ya, I've driven through OKC and on I40 some...there some special breed of stupid around there.

Tell me about it. I’ve driven west to east into OKC for +\- 12 years. I call them “codiots” and there are plenty to go around. I drive all over the place, though, and I don’t know that there are more in one place than the other. There are plenty of horrible drivers to go around.
© 24hourcampfire