Home
Shout out to the Darn Tough Socks folks! American made. Excellent products. Life time no BS warranty. They stand behind them. Just received my third set of replacements in as many years.

Started buying them after recommendation from the 'Fire 8-10 years ago for elk hunting. Now my Go-To socks for outdoor work and hunting. Over the calf, heavy weight, full cushion Merino wool, that truly stay up. I have wide bony feet. Rub holes in socks on the corners and edges of my toes and heels. Darn Tough stands behind them. Online warranty process. $10 for a USPS Small FRB. A few weeks later, new pair of socks show up. Love 'em!

Darn Tough...
They are the best socks I've tried yet and you can't beat their warranty.

I'm a fan as well.
Ha, I thought the title was referring to darning socks. My grandmother taught me to do it using an old light bulb. Haven’t used the technique in years but still could if required.
Yes , every man needs to know how to darn socks, never wore Darn Tough sock though... Joe
I have half dozen pairs, high quality and price but worth it. I also had a positive warranty experience.
Great socks! I wear them all the time.
Heard about them here, got a bunch for my wife and
she loves them.

Too Darn expensive to buy for myself.
Never wear anything else; GREAT socks. Also used warranty, only once, but went smoothly. Expensive, but worth every penny.
I've tried 2 different Darn Tough socks, with mixed results.

The first socks (link below) are a light-weight cushioned hiker (size L), which were way too tight, such that the weave tore in multiple places and wore badly. I exchanged them for size XL, but these also tore and wore badly.
https://darntough.com/products/mens...ight-hiking-socks?variant=37874212864186

Darn Tough refunded me and I bought a mid-weight cushioned hiker (size L), which fit great, no problems and they seem to wear very well. I wonder why sizing is inconsistent for at least the 2 types I tried?
over the last ten years, I have managed to acquire 24 pair of them. Just picked up some last month from dillards on sale at $13-14 a pair.
Been wearing them for a few years now...heavy cushion. This fall I five pair, thin cushion, same color, so i don't have to match/pair them. In four months I've worn holes at the bottom of the heal on two socks...should I send them both back now and got one pair back or send one back now and wait six months and send the other back so I get two new pairs?
I wear em every day. Great socks
Love 'em....best ever.
According to them, George Floyd was murdered...

https://darntough.com/pages/inclusion
About all I wear, year round. I just got two pair swapped out under warranty at a local shop. I appreciate them doing the deal so I always grab another pair when I trade in.
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
About all I wear, year round. I just got two pair swapped out under warranty at a local shop. I appreciate them doing the deal so I always grab another pair when I trade in.

Same here. When I get the warranty credit and free shipping, I always drop a second pair in the shopping cart.
I am sure the product mentioned above is great.

I found an alternative 25-30 years ago. Work Force socks. I buy 6 pair and rotate one per day of the work week in my work boots.

They last me about ten years, so I have not worried about a warranty.
https://www.amazon.com/Pairs-Workforce-Workwear-Socks-WFH0090/dp/B00W5S2ZGW

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]
Originally Posted by Stump Buster

eek

Holy virtue signaling Batman.

Clyde
Bought a pair of DT socks for my wife on Amazon. They had a hole in the seam in the toe area.
I sent them to DT for warranty replacement. They sent me a new pair with a note saying that what I bought were not actual DT socks but fakes being sold on Amazon.
Enjoy your new socks!

I used to buy Wigwam merino socks for myself but have switched to DT after their customer service went above and beyond.
Do they warranty them if they are full of wood particles from chainsawing ?
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Do they warranty them if they are full of wood particles from chainsawing ?
At least two pairs that I returned had some level of band saw sawmill dust in them. Finer than chain saw chips. But, nothing ever mentioned about it.
Yep, all I wear for last 7-8 years probably. Warrantied 5 pairs probably by now. Same, same always grab another pair. 14 year old been stealing them from me, but I don't mind. My feet don't give a [bleep] about if they are confused bleeding hearts. American made, and stand behind their product.
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Shout out to the Darn Tough Socks folks! American made. Excellent products. Life time no BS warranty. They stand behind them. Just received my third set of replacements in as many years.

Started buying them after recommendation from the 'Fire 8-10 years ago for elk hunting. Now my Go-To socks for outdoor work and hunting. Over the calf, heavy weight, full cushion Merino wool, that truly stay up. I have wide bony feet. Rub holes in socks on the corners and edges of my toes and heels. Darn Tough stands behind them. Online warranty process. $10 for a USPS Small FRB. A few weeks later, new pair of socks show up. Love 'em!

Darn Tough...
always thought it was a shame that a company would warranty something when it wore out. Flaws yes. I wear em out I"m going to buy another pair. Thats on me.
I hope the phaggots get warrantied right out of business.
(and I think it's just as phaggy as a consumer to wear out socks and send them in for warranty, fuuck all)
Originally Posted by kenoh2
Bought a pair of DT socks for my wife on Amazon. They had a hole in the seam in the toe area.
I sent them to DT for warranty replacement. They sent me a new pair with a note saying that what I bought were not actual DT socks but fakes being sold on Amazon.
Enjoy your new socks!

I used to buy Wigwam merino socks for myself but have switched to DT after their customer service went above and beyond.

Damn that’s pretty wild.
Sounds like their warranty department is busier than Leupold's. Sheesh!
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I hope the phaggots get warrantied right out of business.
(and I think it's just as phaggy as a consumer to wear out socks and send them in for warranty, fuuck all)

Bingo Sam.
OD and become a God to a bunch of dipshits.

That still really bothers me.
I wonder how much money hanes and fruit of the loom gave to BLM and the like.

It's hard to find a company that doesn't play the woke game.
That's a great point. All the big names caved and got sucked into the bullshit.

I've tried Darn Tough and prefer Smartwool.

Not gonna google to see who is more woke!
I buy the long green USOA socks. No warranty but they last.
That's funny. I used to wear smart wool but now prefer darn tough.

I really like both though
Been wearing them about 10 years. Hunting, feeding horses, working 24 hour shifts when I flew as a nurse in Western NY. Wear good, keep your feet warm, feet don't stink if you spend 16-18 hours in your boots.
I have a variety of USA made socks and find them all to be much better than non-USA crap. My family roots are in Ft Payne AL. It's a damn shame what happened to their sock industry. It used to be HUGE.

Wiki:

Hosiery manufacture led the economy in Fort Payne. At the beginning of the 21st century, the hosiery industry in Fort Payne employed over 7,000 people in more than 100 mills. It produced more than half of the socks made in the United States and claimed to be the "Sock Capital of the World."
Y'all wear them sock things?

All the time?
Don't make me go take a new sock stash pic.

But Hey !!! Lifetime socks for $30 a pair !!!

A not so easy for instance – We value differences. Initially, the differences referred to were differences of opinion. Differences of idea, of thought. If you have something to say, say it. No matter how out there, speak up. There are no bad questions, only bad answers. Differences can also refer to differences in gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, education, politics, what-have-you.

The difference(s) of race however is not something that comes up regularly, if at all, in the state of Vermont. Vermont is the 2nd  whitest state in the United States. We are sandwiched between the number 1, Maine, and the number 3, West Virginia.  I’m not going to get into the whys of our #2 ranking, just that it exists. The differences we deal with mostly, I mentioned above.

In the wake of George Floyd’s murder, the rapid and intense (re)awakening of racial disparity and more specifically the plight of Black people in the United States has been jarring. In and of itself, the video of Floyd’s killing is nothing new. Black men and women appear regularly on body cams, cameras and cell phone videos. Their (mis)treatment on some of these videos is hard to watch. In the most violent of these videos beaten or killed is often the end result.

The mistreatment of Black people in this country has been going on for 401 years. It’s impossible to say it hasn’t.

Increased awareness of their plight is often preceded by violence to them as a people. Increased awareness of their plight is then often followed by violence from them (and others) as a people.

Can you blame Black people? Could you blame anyone for fighting back? For wanting it to stop once and for all? Imagine being on the receiving end of this nightmare. Not for a few days or weeks or years but for CENTURIES. Enchained. Enslaved. Endangered. While conditions today aren’t at those levels, they are still bad. Shot dead in the street while jogging. Murdered in a no-knock warrant and of course George Floyd. All three murdered in the street. No judge. No jury. Just an executioner. No due process as guaranteed by our Constitution. It’s about as un-American as it gets. UN-AMERICAN.

Yes, the conditions have changed, but they’ve changed from the lowest baseline imaginable and from being more overt to more opaque, and the opacity is so ingrained in our society that it’s invisible to the majority of (white) people. It’s “modernized Jim Crow,” if you will.

And what about Black Lives Matter? It’s a good question. BLM is a statement as much as it is question. Ahmaud Arbery shot dead while jogging. Breonna Taylor murdered in a no-knock warrant. George Floyd knee-choked to death. And that’s just the last few months! To chronicle the history of abuse is a look back over the last 401 years.

BLM does not mean that all lives don’t matter. Who said it does?

Once again, institutionalized racism to the rescue. “How dare Black people, or anyone for that matter, make that statement!” How dare they speak out and imply that all lives don’t matter by saying Black Lives Matter!”

Gimmie a break. Look at the history. Do Black Lives Matter? Of course they do.

Back to our values. Values need to be strong. They need to withstand time and place. Values that work today should be just as relevant 100 years from now as they were 100 years go. We value differences. It works today and hopefully it will work 100 years from now.

Race is not a difference we have to deal with regularly, if at all, in the 2nd whitest state in the United States. So how can we, Darn Tough Vermont, not only value differences amongst ourselves but also support differences outside our community where our influence isn’t as strong?

The very first thing we will do is look deeply at the differences amongst our workforce here in Northfield, Vermont. Do people feel safe here? Do we discriminate in the least bit, either knowingly or unknowingly? Do we practice equal opportunity for all regardless of sex, race, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, what have you? Once we take stock of who we are, we will work to correct any wrongs.
Just sent my 3rd pair back for replacement. Definitely nice and comfortable socks. I have several pairs.
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson

But Hey !!! Lifetime socks for $30 a pair !!!

A not so easy for instance – We value differences. Initially, the differences referred to were differences of opinion. Differences of idea, of thought. If you have something to say, say it. No matter how out there, speak up. There are no bad questions, only bad answers. Differences can also refer to differences in gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, education, politics, what-have-you.

The difference(s) of race however is not something that comes up regularly, if at all, in the state of Vermont. Vermont is the 2nd  whitest state in the United States. We are sandwiched between the number 1, Maine, and the number 3, West Virginia.  I’m not going to get into the whys of our #2 ranking, just that it exists. The differences we deal with mostly, I mentioned above.

In the wake of George Floyd’s murder, the rapid and intense (re)awakening of racial disparity and more specifically the plight of Black people in the United States has been jarring. In and of itself, the video of Floyd’s killing is nothing new. Black men and women appear regularly on body cams, cameras and cell phone videos. Their (mis)treatment on some of these videos is hard to watch. In the most violent of these videos beaten or killed is often the end result.

The mistreatment of Black people in this country has been going on for 401 years. It’s impossible to say it hasn’t.

Increased awareness of their plight is often preceded by violence to them as a people. Increased awareness of their plight is then often followed by violence from them (and others) as a people.

Can you blame Black people? Could you blame anyone for fighting back? For wanting it to stop once and for all? Imagine being on the receiving end of this nightmare. Not for a few days or weeks or years but for CENTURIES. Enchained. Enslaved. Endangered. While conditions today aren’t at those levels, they are still bad. Shot dead in the street while jogging. Murdered in a no-knock warrant and of course George Floyd. All three murdered in the street. No judge. No jury. Just an executioner. No due process as guaranteed by our Constitution. It’s about as un-American as it gets. UN-AMERICAN.

Yes, the conditions have changed, but they’ve changed from the lowest baseline imaginable and from being more overt to more opaque, and the opacity is so ingrained in our society that it’s invisible to the majority of (white) people. It’s “modernized Jim Crow,” if you will.

And what about Black Lives Matter? It’s a good question. BLM is a statement as much as it is question. Ahmaud Arbery shot dead while jogging. Breonna Taylor murdered in a no-knock warrant. George Floyd knee-choked to death. And that’s just the last few months! To chronicle the history of abuse is a look back over the last 401 years.

BLM does not mean that all lives don’t matter. Who said it does?

Once again, institutionalized racism to the rescue. “How dare Black people, or anyone for that matter, make that statement!” How dare they speak out and imply that all lives don’t matter by saying Black Lives Matter!”

Gimmie a break. Look at the history. Do Black Lives Matter? Of course they do.

Back to our values. Values need to be strong. They need to withstand time and place. Values that work today should be just as relevant 100 years from now as they were 100 years go. We value differences. It works today and hopefully it will work 100 years from now.

Race is not a difference we have to deal with regularly, if at all, in the 2nd whitest state in the United States. So how can we, Darn Tough Vermont, not only value differences amongst ourselves but also support differences outside our community where our influence isn’t as strong?

The very first thing we will do is look deeply at the differences amongst our workforce here in Northfield, Vermont. Do people feel safe here? Do we discriminate in the least bit, either knowingly or unknowingly? Do we practice equal opportunity for all regardless of sex, race, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, what have you? Once we take stock of who we are, we will work to correct any wrongs.

Obviously being in the second-whitest state leaves them with less real-World experience...
Some people wear cotton socks - LOL!
Muthrtphucqer my Smartwool was made in China!
laugh
Oh, I dig my REI merino boxers! LOL
© 24hourcampfire