Home
Sometimes I watch it, sometimes I don’t, but I did watch it last night. I enjoyed it. The highlights for me was seeing Joni Mitchell, Tracie Chapman, and Billie Joel. I think it was one of better Grammys I’ve seen. I often wonder if there is any music producers here on the Fire . Cheers! Alan
A good show last night, compared to years past.....although women ruled the night by far.
The wife watched it while I was plugged into the PC. Looked up and watched the Tracie Chapman duet. That was pretty good.
Hell no.

Can’t believe you vaginas actually watch that woke crap.
I watched the inside of my eyelids.... FWIW...
No. I can get enough political progressivism from what little news I watch.
Are you serious? I saw 5 minutes with Maria Carey impressed by herself, then some other woman that looked like a hurricane survivor came up and grabbed a little victrola and said thanks for the award with some story about a guy on a ladder with red hair.

At that point I went into the other room and turned on Westerns on YouTube.

I remember when the Grammy Award was for good music, not whatever noise they listen to now. My parents may have been disappointed with rock music, but not as much as this $hit they call music today.
What's a Grammy? An old chick with no teeth?
R U Kidding. Who watches a bunch of elites pat themselves on the back and tell each other how great they are.
Darn, just happened to miss it again for the 49th year in a row.

I won't be watching the national felon league sports ball tournament either just in case anyone is wondering.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.......HELL NO....I watched Lonsome Dove on the Grit channel ..have it on DVD but will watch it when it on the tv
Shrapnel nailed it.
Negatory.
No.
No, don't watch TV don't even have one.
Did I watch the Grammys?
Is that a serious question?
I should have watched but didn't as my favorite girls won Best Contemporary Blues album on their second nomination. I would pick them over Taylor Swift or Miley any day of the week.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
lmao
NO!!!!
Originally Posted by JLimbo
I should have watched but didn't as my favorite girls won Best Contemporary Blues album on their second nomination. I would pick them over Taylor Swift or Miley and day of the week.

Would like to know more about these girls blues music. I’m into music. I write. I’m looking for a female singer like Adele for recording. Cheers! Alan
I should have watched but didn't as my favorite girls won Best Contemporary Blues album on their second nomination. I would pick them over Taylor Swift or Miley and day of the week.

Really like their music; hope to see them live.
Put me down for "Hell, no". I've never heard of most of those people, no reason to do so.

We watch Jeopardy regularly, and I do pretty well with most topics. Pop culture, not so much. Not relevant to my life and preferences.
You gotta be kiddin!
HELL NO!!!!
My wife watched an hour or so of it while I zoned out on the couch. The only ones on the show I'd ever heard of were Mariah Carey, Taylor Swift, Achy Breaky's daughter, Billy Joel, and Joni Mitchell. And I never liked any of them. The rest of em might as well have been names out of a phone book.

I told my wife that I think it qualified me for old fart status. She told me I crossed that bridge about 15 years ago.
Don't watch any of the award shows. My wife used like some of them, but she has lost interest herself, due to all the social justice and political BS.

I like Tracy Chapman's music though. We have one of her albums on CD. Been a fan of her music long before she was sort of re-discovered of late.
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
What's a Grammy? An old chick with no teeth?

Its a big group of the above description with an Only Fans.
Did anybody watch the Grammys last night?

You're kidding..... right?
Hell no. The Dirty Dozen was on TV last night.
I did not watch the actual Grammy's but did watch the Tracey Chapman/Luke Combs duet of "Fast Cars" on You Tube.

I thought that was totally bad ass and pretty cool.
No.
Killer Mike was there till they removed him.

He's a black rapper 2A guy.

Pay attention. I didn't watch either but sheesh!
P.S. He declined to endorse Biden on Bill Mahr a few days ago.
You could offer me $5K and I wouldn't turn it on.
No idea why anyone would watch that trash
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Hell no.

Can’t believe you vaginas actually watch that woke crap.
2 out of the 3 above your post are on that side, so there is that
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan

I saw a headline about that and found his "Are you serious?" comment interesting... anyone have more info about this? Was he getting the January 6th treatment for coming off the Dem plantation?

Otherwise no. I have listened to Tracy Chatman long ago. She has a pretty amazing voice. Used to listen to some Joni Mitchel but turns out she has the woke mind virus so no interest now.
If you only listen to non-woke musicians you’ve got a pretty short playlist.
Originally Posted by NVhntr
If you only listen to non-woke musicians you’ve got a pretty short playlist.

No kidding.

There’s more virtue signaling on this thread than at the Grammy’s last night.

Which I didn’t watch. Not a pop-culture guy.
I'm not big on awards shows unless someone I know, personally, is winning one. So I don't watch the Grammy's but I'm fairly certain that a lot of the artists I listen to - have won a few. So that's nice for them.
Always cracks me up to see who can be the most indignant and type the loudest HELL NO the fastest when it comes to watching something on tv.

Can't wait for it go get closer to the Superbowl and all the anti-sports folks can try to top each other showing hatred for the NFL
I would no more watch the Grammy's than I would go to a Tailor Swift concert lol
Most of us have an alibi, we were right here on the ol' 'fire. laugh
In 1980 there was good music performed at The Grammys:

I would too but that's not a very high bar for me
Negative. I was busy plucking my nose hairs out with needle nose pliers.
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Why would you use pliers, you own a weed whacker dontcha?
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Ya I was on the Fire too last night I usually have the tv on and I mute what I don’t want to hear. I rarely watch the Grammys, but I wanted to see Joni Mitchell. I can separate a persons political beliefs from their talent. I still have a dream of a music career, but time is not on my side. Oh well!
I bet gheyghost tuned in for the gheyness. It is right up his “alley”. Right up it.
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Ya I was on the Fire too last night I usually have the tv on and I mute what I don’t want to hear. I rarely watch the Grammys, but I wanted to see Joni Mitchell. I can separate a persons political beliefs from their talent. I still have a dream of a music career, but time is not on my side. Oh well!
Play bars, dude!
No need to. Music died with the last century.
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan

I saw a headline about that and found his "Are you serious?" comment interesting... anyone have more info about this? Was he getting the January 6th treatment for coming off the Dem plantation?.

The irony is, he won a bunch of awards before they hauled him off.

Very endearing to the black vote . . .
Fŭck them idiots

How is Joni doing? Trying to recover from the terrible stroke.
Alan C: No!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: Johna1 I am with you on boycotting the n.f.l. - I have heard they will be playing the "black national anthem" at that gathering of chip on their shoulder schitbags.
I refuse to dignify those spoiled lot of anti-American corksuckers by watching them.
Sad that - I used to enjoy watching professional football.
"national felon league" - that may be giving felons a bad name?
I'm with ya.
No
Well no, I didn't watch.
Sometimes I watch it, sometimes I don’t, but I did watch it last night. I enjoyed it. The highlights for me was seeing Joni Mitchell, Tracie Chapman, and Billie Joel. I think it was one of better Grammys I’ve seen. I often wonder if there is any music producers here on the Fire . Cheers! Alan

Fug no

Too much holly weird scchidt
Originally Posted by MARCEL
Fŭck them idiots

Oh hell no I didn't watch all that backslapping c'untery. Giving themselves awards.
Originally Posted by JGRaider

laugh
What is a Grammys?¿?
Correct answer:

"I threw out my Curtis-Mathes tv back in 1978!!"
Originally Posted by Rustyzipper
What is a Grammys?¿?
The Grammys is like a frog jump but for Grandmothers. They get drunk , take off their wigs and more and go for it!
Originally Posted by Morewood
Oh hell no I didn't watch all that backslapping c'untery. Giving themselves awards.

LOL. Morewood nails it as per usual.

Fuqk that SchittShow.
Originally Posted by Redneck
I watched the inside of my eyelids.... FWIW...

You sir had the most productive night.......
Grammy, golden globe and pro football, I wouldn't watch if it was the only thing on the boob tube.
They all think way to highly of themselves, then piss on the country that allowed them the opportunity. PHoooK THEM!
No.

Haven't watched any such in years.
Had no idea it was on.....

Not that it mattered.
Didn't watch it but read about the crap this am.

Joni has a mental problem,Billy Joel had some good music back in the day.

I don't really care if ricky is in love so don't care for Chapman's stuff.

The award shows seem to have become just a self i did good show.

They wear some of the weirdest clothes and try of out do the worst dressed/hair dos.

I like most kinds of music but most of the crap they have today is just crap.

Just glad they were not needing me to watch to make the show a hit.
If we all refused to watch their garbage they might fade away into oblivion, they are a bunch of idiots I won't patronize.
No
I'd rather have a two-day hangover than ever listen to Tracie Fuggin Chapman again.
It just happened to be on the TV, while I was paying bills at the desk....the wife watched, I listened somewhat.
Have not watched awards shows in probably 20 years. Feel like we have missed not a dang thing. Goes for the wife too. Just another waste of time.
Nope, was in the basement reloading.
I've never watched the Grammys. Ever!
Back in the 1980s when I was a kid, big award shows were huge. Everyone watched them and talked about it the next day. Today is totally different. Now I don’t know a soul that watches them.
Originally Posted by RAS
Back in the 1980s when I was a kid, big award shows were huge. Everyone watched them and talked about it the next day. Today is totally different. Now I don’t know a soul that watches them.
fewer channels no internet back then.
Originally Posted by rost495
Have not watched awards shows in probably 20 years. Feel like we have missed not a dang thing. Goes for the wife too. Just another waste of time.

Hell of a thing to say about the missus.....
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by RAS
fewer channels no internet back then.
Stars kept their mouths shut and studios hushed up the scandals too.
Didn't watch, spent that evening playing LCR, with friends. I won 12 dollars, and had to buy pizza. Thirty bucks for pizza, so I'm actually down18 bucks! Go figure!! Let the good times roll!
Originally Posted by RAS
Yep, I watched back then.
I can sit in my own yard and congratulate myself for having mowed the grass last week. Well, blew snow.

Amounts to the same thing., so no, I do not watch flakes congratulate themselves for nothing of any importance.
© 24hourcampfire