Home
I always said it's probably a good thing Chihuahuas don't weigh 100 pounds. Some do have 100 pounds of attitude, tbough.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Chihuahua's Bluff Called - 02/09/24
Ours has been gone now for a couple of years, still miss him. He wasn't bluffing. I saw him reach up as far as he could and take a hunk out of the belly of a boxer that wandered into our yard one time. Put that big dog to running.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Chihuahua's Bluff Called - 02/09/24
A small dog does not know it's a small dog. I wish I had a picture of our first Shelite Anne. She was fearless.
Posted By: BangPop Re: Chihuahua's Bluff Called - 02/09/24
Reminds me of some of the blowhard BS'ers on the Fire.
Originally Posted by BangPop
Reminds me of some of the blowhard BS'ers on the Fire.

LoLoLoL!!!!
Posted By: tmitch Re: Chihuahua's Bluff Called - 02/09/24
When I delivered papers in my youth, I hated those ankle biters!
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Chihuahua's Bluff Called - 02/09/24
Poor little guy
Posted By: 1minute Re: Chihuahua's Bluff Called - 02/10/24
We have a ten lb terrier that, at times, thinks he can whip me.
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: Chihuahua's Bluff Called - 02/10/24
LOL. Play it back at .25 speed. Look at their faces. Looks like the Chihuahua may have gotten a bite in. But the big dog pulled his punch.
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
LOL. Play it back at .25 speed. Look at their faces. Looks like the Chihuahua may have gotten a bite in. But the big dog pulled his punch.
Yeah, big dogs often seem to know when they're dealing with a much smaller dog that can't really hurt them. My 50 pound half Pitbull walks beside me on her leash. I can't count the number of big dogs that have come running off their lawns, into the street, and went for her in all seriousness. She's typically ready for it, and has them on their backs with a grip on their throats within seconds. I've seen her do this to larger, pure blooded, Pitbulls in their primes, twice.

Yet, there's a house down in the part of the neighborhood where the South of the Border types live that keeps Chihuahuas. They used to keep them loose (till very recently), and they'd come out into the street and at least challenge her as we passed. On a challenge, she did nothing other than give them a look like she thought it was funny. One very aggressive, tough, little male charged and actually attacked her. She just raised her head up above its reach and backed away. No aggression towards him. She knew that one bite would have been it for him, and chose not to do it.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Chihuahua's Bluff Called - 02/10/24
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
I’ve got a Boston terrier that has been known to hold his own with much larger dogs, but in his younger days. Once a stray dog came into our backyard while daughter was playing outside. Her dog (the Boston) rolled that much larger dog up repeatedly as he ran him around the yard. He’d get thrown off, the other dog would get up and run 25-30 feet, and he’d roll him up from behind again. It probably lasted 60 seconds, but my daughter was screaming bloody murder. The Boston stopped at the gate and just sat there happy as a clam.

He’s sleeping in my wife’s lap at the moment, and at 14 years old he’s not what he once was. There’s a lot of fight in some dogs. Sometimes too much for their own good.
Posted By: Lslite Re: Chihuahua's Bluff Called - 02/10/24
Wife's uncle had a mini chihuahua that was the absolute boss of a huge red doberman and a big black lab. Whenever his big tomcat entered the room, the little monster would hide, shivering and crying under the couch till the cat left.
Posted By: AKCHOPPER Re: Chihuahua's Bluff Called - 02/10/24
Originally Posted by 1minute
We have a ten lb terrier that, at times, thinks he can wipe me.

Wipe you?
lol
Posted By: smarquez Re: Chihuahua's Bluff Called - 02/10/24
We've got a Chihuahua/Pom mix, 6-1/2 lbs soaking wet. He took off after a coyote in our yard fully red lined. Our mini Aussie went left, he went right and spotted that coyote immediately. She's pretty fast and caught him and went up the slope together. He's got a heart murmur and is on meds but that morning he was a full grown grey wolf. We were lucky the 'yote bailed, another one might have gone right at him.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Chihuahua's Bluff Called - 02/10/24
Our Sheltie Annie treed coons four times her size.
Mom and I have Grandma and Grandpas 16+ year old chihuahua, she has no teeth. She often times "corrects" my 55 pound Airedale. Its hilarious. Considering the size/age difference, and the fact that she has 0 teeth.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Chihuahua's Bluff Called - 02/10/24
Dogs are smart.
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: Chihuahua's Bluff Called - 02/10/24
Told you guys before.
If it recoils when it barks, it not a dog!
Reon
Posted By: Bob_mt Re: Chihuahua's Bluff Called - 02/10/24
I like what they have done with their backyard.....bob
Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80
Mom and I have Grandma and Grandpas 16+ year old chihuahua, she has no teeth. She often times "corrects" my 55 pound Airedale. Its hilarious. Considering the size/age difference, and the fact that she has 0 teeth.
When I was three, we got a female puppy Chihuahua. She lived till I was twenty-one. Her last year was spent mostly sleeping in her little bed. Near the end, she was mostly deaf, blind, and toothless. Ears, eyes, and teeth, just wore out with age. When she lost the ability to walk, I took her in for her last visit to the vet. I cried like a baby right there in the office. My only regret was not going into the room with her. I just couldn't do it.

Throughout her prime, and nearly to the end, she was top dog in a pack that included two German Shepherds. She laid down the law to them, and they accepted her position, mostly (probably) because they were afraid that any action on their part in self-defense would be her end, and they knew it.
© 24hourcampfire