What's ur favorite?

I like the Popeyes spicy one

Wendy's isnt bad

Didnt care for the KFC one
Might be there is no such critter?
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Might be there is no such critter?

Exactly
Chik-fil-A is pretty good. The spicy one is my favorite.

Ron
Why would anybody eat fast food ?

Ever !
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

Ever !
Emergency

Emergency

I haven't learned to do the Intermittent Fasting thing yet and all the grocery stores are closed.

Ever !

Convenient when on the road.

Ever !

Uh, cause it's fast?
Chikfila
Arby’s

Ever !

Who do you think you are, Chef Boy-Ar-Dee or something?
Why would anybody eat fast food?

Better than drinking that clear liquid and sitting on the pot for three days 😂
Another vote for Chik-fil-A.

The closes one to us is about an hour away but when we’re traveling with the kids and see a Chikfila it’s the one thing that the kids can all agree on for fast food.
Chiklis fil a
MacDonall
Popeyes, without a doubt.
Have not been to a KFC or McD in years, so no votes there.

Otherwise, I can't think of a bad chicken sandwich unless it's just been poorly fixed. I do prefer a spicy one, even though most chain versions of "spicy" are hardly that. Chik-Fil-A provides packets of Texas Pete, which pleases me a lot.
Timely topic. I just left Chik-fil-A after my first visit to one. Food was very good. Great service and two of us had lunch under 20 bucks. They just vaulted to the top of my list!
It has got to be Chick-Fil-A. I haven’t been to our local CFA yet but there are cars wrapped around the building and the parking lot is full even at mid afternoon. I guess they survived that little dust up a few years ago over their religious views.
The one frum norma jeen’s dinner in Early

btw, im a 179 yrs old on a hunting forum and never heer’d offa pieball
When I was a kid, I used to love the Burger King chicken sandwich. The oblong model shaped like a hero. I have long since given that up for a Popeye's chicken sandwich when I can get it.
I got a chikin biscit at Hardee’s Sunday morning shaped like a heart must a been a valintines spcl
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
When I was a kid, I used to love the Burger King chicken sandwich. The oblong model shaped like a hero. I have long since given that up for a Popeye's chicken sandwich when I can get it.
That’s usually what I got too. Mayo and chopped lettuce.mmmm
Originally Posted by slumlord
The one frum norma jeen’s dinner in Early

btw, im a 179 yrs old on a hunting forum and never heer’d offa pieball

Ever heard of Walter Brennan?

There's a thread on him, you need to weigh in.
Waffle House count as fast food?

Chicken melt from the awful waffle is bangin’!
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Waffle House count as fast food?

Chicken melt from the awful waffle is bangin’!
Oh hell yeah 🤤
Another vote for Chick-Fil-A.

Popeyes is good, but the employees (and the clientele) are straight up ghetto. At least the one closest to me.
Arbys
Chick-Fil-A
McChicken Biscuit breakfast sandwich is pretty good

I used to eat the heck out of those BK chicken sammies, too. Nowadays I like Chik-Fil-A.
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57

Ron

Agreed!
Spicy enough to be interesting. Not overbearing.
Great with some of their BBQ sauce.

I still like "hot" foods, but I've gotten to the age where I can't handle the REALLY hot stuff.
A good jalapeño, cayenne or serrano is great.
Can't handle those pickled peppers. Either fresh off the bush or forget it.
I've had good ones and bad ones from most places, but I try to support Chik-fil-a the most because of their background.
I got a bad chikin sammich one time not good
Popeyes spicy w/extra pickles.
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57

Ron

Yuppa
Hardee's had a waffle chicken sandwich with honey that I liked, it was a limited time offering.
Piggly Wiggly
I'd guess that Popeyes makes a pretty good chicken sandwich.
When I'm in Popeyes, I order a chicken dinner, with Red Beans and Rice
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
That’s usually what I got too. Mayo and chopped lettuce.mmmm

If you can get them freshly made, they are still hard to beat. The Wendy's spicy is another fav.

I haven't spent a dime at Chick-Fil-a since the CEO told us we needed to be washing black folk's feet.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

I used to eat the heck out of those BK chicken sammies, too. Nowadays I like Chik-Fil-A.

^^^This^^^
I like chick fil et a lot.

Popeyes is great too.

Spicy versions of both!
I think the quality of Chikfila has gone down lately. I ate there a few months ago, and the chicken breast on my sammie was tiny.

There is a lot more meat on a Popeyes sammie, and it taste great, too.
Chikfila is garbage.

Can't speak to the others.
I'm a big fan of the Chick-fil-a spicy chicken biscuit with egg and cheese! Good stuff!
Don’t know the current state of it… but Wendy’s had a good spicy chix sammich.

Now days I go for chik-fil-a.

Kind gentleman that works there keeps my soddie full…

And i like waffle fries.

Ever !

Uh, so they can crap fast?
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Another vote for Chik-fil-A.

The closes one to us is about an hour away but when we’re traveling with the kids and see a Chikfila it’s the one thing that the kids can all agree on for fast food.
Saginaw Township is supposed to be getting one in the near future. I tried Popeye's sandwich once from the one on Holland and never went back...
Chic-fil-a portions have declined over the years. That said…… It is still a great chicken sandwich. I’ve been eating Chic-fil-a since the late 1970s. The food court in Southpark mall, in Charlotte, was the first that I can remember.
Chick-fil-a or Wendy’s. Spicy with extra pickles
Hardee’s Nashville Hot is numero uno.
Chik fil A
Chicken has minimal protein value.
The wife prefers Popeye's so that is what we end up getting.
chic fil a
What beats a chicken sandwich is a Jim Boys chicken taco! Until you’ve had one , you’ve never lived!! They have em here in the west {Calif). Anybody had one ????
KFC used to have a “sandwich “ I liked a lot. No bun. Just two breaded chicken fillets with cheese and bacon in between. Had to bring an appetite, as this bad boy was as filling as it was tasty!
Slim Chicken sandwich is right up there with Popeye's for best.
Speaking of Burger King's chicken sandwich, anybody remember that at the time the chicken sandwich was introduced, they also had a Veal Parmesan sandwich? Damn they were good!
Subway garlic chicken foot long thats not a foot long.
Chick-fil-a
Cane's
Zaxby's

About the same and better than average.
Bo Jangles Cajun chicken, egg, and cheese biscuit. All others are a distant second,
For me it's Popeyes closely followed by KFC. Both dangerously good. I usually get KFC because our local Popeye closed after a year or two and when on the road you need a Kevlar vest to brave some Popeyes.

The best one I had was at a Popeyes in a rough part of Orlando. The server said youwes craaazy being all white and up in this joint. Maybe the adrenaline made the sandwich better but it was awesome and the person taking my order had some good laughs with me. Or maybe at me. Not sure why he acted all scared when I said i was from Idaho. I thought that rep had faded over time.

Bb
Pulled into a Chic-fil-a the other day and ordered a spicy chicken sandwich with pepper jack cheese. Ordered a 5-piece kids nuggets for my puppy. It was a late lunch, close to 4:00.

So I head home and the city has the friggin lights timed so you have to stop at every one of those bastids. I get about 6-8 blocks away, and a left turn lane was open, so I do a quick U-turn.

Head back to Chic-fil-a, go inside and duplicate my previous order.

Dammmn, that sammich was good! Made it an early dinner instead of a late lunch.

Repeated all the traffic stops, but doggo and I were happy.

Thumbs up for Chic-fil-a.
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Chicken has minimal protein value.

False

I remember these many years back but im pretty sure BK around here stopped offering them .
Limited choices here. Of all I have tried KFC is the best and Mickey Ds is worst.
Carl's Jr. Santa Fe chicken for me!

Non breaded chicken, char broiled, on a bun W/melted cheese & sauce.

Virgil B.
Chick fil a! Absolutely.
Bo or Popeye's
Wendy’s has a bangin pretzel pub
Mcdonal's spicy
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Mcdonal's spicy
Happy FriYay , brother!
I only buy fried chicken from gas stations.
Mrs Winners used to have a chicken club biscuit that was freaking awesome. Hands down the best chicken biscuit going.

Haven’t seen a Mrs Winners in a couple decades though.

A chicken sandwich is pretty far down on my list of favorite foods. But if I'm going to eat one Chik-fil-A is my 1st choice. Instead of ordering the spicy one I order the standard version and put a couple of packs of Texas Pete hot sauce on it. You may have to ask for it but I've never been in one of their restaurants that didn't have it. To me, that just tastes better than the spicy sandwich.

BoJangles has a pretty decent chicken biscuit. I RARELY order one, but that would be my 2nd choice. But only on the biscuit, not on a bun.
The best I have had was Popeyes in North Louisiana. The worst I ever had was Popeyes in South Louisiana.
Mac Donalds had a chicken biscuit for a while.

Just a plain biscuit with a plain piece of fried chicken breast in between.

I was better than it had the right to be.

Good combination
Chik-fil-A is the best to me.
Originally Posted by DMc
Pulled into a Chic-fil-a the other day and ordered a spicy chicken sandwich with pepper jack cheese. Ordered a 5-piece kids nuggets for my puppy. It was a late lunch, close to 4:00.

So I head home and the city has the friggin lights timed so you have to stop at every one of those bastids. I get about 6-8 blocks away, and a left turn lane was open, so I do a quick U-turn.

Head back to Chic-fil-a, go inside and duplicate my previous order.

Dammmn, that sammich was good! Made it an early dinner instead of a late lunch.

Repeated all the traffic stops, but doggo and I were happy.

Thumbs up for Chic-fil-a.

"Ordered a 5-piece kids nuggets for my puppy. "
I love you, man! We do the same for our pup. cool
There’s a chicken sandwich place here, couple of locations, called Boxcar Betty’s. Don’t know if it’s a chai or just local or regional, but they’re really good…better than Chick fil A.
Wendys and it isnt close
Chik-fil-a spicy pretty good.

Had my first Arby's chix sandwich last week on the run at work with the guys, and that was up there. First one, but I haven't been to an Arby's in at least 30 years, so never had a chance to try one.

My standing all time favorite, while not the "best" is the traditional chicken sandwich from Buger King. I know....I know. But as a young guy back in Germany in the late 80's, BK was what we had on base. And I loved those sandwiches. Every once in a while to this day I'll get a taste for one and hunt down a BK while on a road trip.

Old favorite used to be the KFC mini chicken sandwiches. No idea if they still have them, also haven't been to a KFC in many a year. But recall those were the chit back then. Think they went away, then came back for a bit and I tried some. Wasn't the same. Kind of like the McRib. Loved those as a young guy. Hadn't had one in a lot of years. Got one a year or two ago, had a few bites, and the rest went in the trash. Nasty.
Chick-Fil-A with one pack of mayo and two packs of ketchup laugh

Mike
Hardees here does well.

Chick-Fil-A is good also.

Tried a Popeyes once, but had to go Condition 1 before entering... so that kinda knock the edge off of the experience.

Fugg a KFC.
Damn, I miss Trump...

I may have missed it, but nobody has yet even mentioned Zaxby's. We got the first one of those in Utah here in Ogden a few years ago. At first it was great, with the place packed all the time. Not lately. Don't know what changed, but the quality just dropped off.

Culver's is generally good food, but I've never had their chicken sammich. Always get the pork loin.
I'll say Popeye's.

Mind you, I love Popeye's chicken. The sandwich is pretty decent, but I had to be in the mood for it. If you get me in line at Popeye's and I have a choice between a sandwich and a 3 piece box, the sandwich ain't happening.

We had a Chick-Fil-A go in a couple miles from the house. I hadn't been in one in 20 years. This thing was a wonder. You order off the app. There's enough room in the waiting line for 100 cars. When you get to a point in the line, it tells you to confirm your arrival and the stuff is ready when you get up to the 2-lane pickup window. I did the whole schtick, and brought 2 sandwiches home. KYHillChick and I bit in and realized it hadn't been worth the trouble.

You have to understand that our darker neighborhoods on the north side of town have significantly superior soul food, bbq joints and chicken joints. White people food just ain't where it's at. You just have to have the right mindset to go to such places. Mind you, it helps to be a walking landform, and it helps to be on in years. It also helps to be driving a 2004 Caddy Deville. The locals see that as bad enough to survive that long.

BTW: I've got news from the 'Hood re: fried chicken. Be on the lookout for Jamaican or Peruvian fried chicken. We've had both of these go in within 5 miles of the CP. Both have been excellent. The odd thing about the Jamaican is that it gets pieced out in a way that looks rather random. Rather than articulate wings, legs, breasts, and thighs, it looks like a crazy rasta whacked at the bird with a meat cleaver. The taste is quite good. Peruvians? Definitely check out the Peruvians. They have some of the oddest food ideas. It's a mix of a bunch of cultures all thrown together. You might get a bed of octopus fried rice, fried chicken and fries.
Chickin patty outs the freezer on a decent roll with some spicy sauce.
The whole bag of patties for the price of a fast food one.
I need to ride down main street here in Columbia to see if The Duck-In is still in business. I use to get their fried chicken sandwiches for lunch to-go......

It is the gold bar standard by which I measure other fast food offerings.
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
What's ur favorite?

I like the Popeyes spicy one

Wendy's isnt bad

Didnt care for the KFC one
None, don't care much for fast food anymore, my go to places is mom & pop sit down restaurants much better food good old home cooking at some.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I may have missed it, but nobody has yet even mentioned Zaxby's. We got the first one of those in Utah here in Ogden a few years ago. At first it was great, with the place packed all the time. Not lately. Don't know what changed, but the quality just dropped off.

Culver's is generally good food, but I've never had their chicken sammich. Always get the pork loin.

Years ago when Zaxby’s was just a local joint, it was really good. I don’t think they’ve done a good job holding standards with the huge growth.

I like Culver’s. Only had it a few times but it’s been good.
© 24hourcampfire