Home
Posted By: SamOlson Top Gun Ammo? - 02/18/24
Any of you guys order ammo from this outfit?

Their prices are so low that I initially thought it was a scam but upon a little research it appeared as if they are legit. Last Sunday, in my ongoing preparation for the end of the world, I placed an order for 1000 rounds of Federal 147 HST's. The case was $520 which is around $1k cheaper than Midwayusa.

Took 5 business day for a tracking link and I was getting nervous but according to FedEx the ammo should be here this coming Wednesday. We shall see. Anyway, just thought I see if you guys had good luck with this retailer. I'll let you know in a few days how it went.

https://www.topgunammo.com/Federal-...T2-1000-Rounds-Free-Shipping-_p_643.html
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Top Gun Ammo? - 02/18/24
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Their prices are so low that I initially thought it was a scam but upon a little research it appeared as if they are legit. Last Sunday, in my ongoing preparation for the end of the world, I placed an order for 1000 rounds of Federal 147 HST's. The case was $520 which is around $1k cheaper than Midwayusa.

Took 5 business day for a tracking link and I was getting nervous but according to FedEx the ammo should be here this coming Wednesday. We shall see. Anyway, just thought I see if you guys had good luck with this retailer. I'll let you know in a few days how it went.

Midway wants $1520 a case
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Top Gun Ammo? - 02/18/24

Not ordered from them, so no help there..

But Damn. Midway was around $1500 for a case of the same?
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Top Gun Ammo? - 02/18/24
Yep, Midway is always high on ammo though and I rarely order any from them. Rodger's Sporting Goods has become my favorite ammo retailer and even they would be around $1k for the same stuff IF they had it in stock.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Top Gun Ammo? - 02/18/24
What were their payment options, Sam?

Free shipping?
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Top Gun Ammo? - 02/18/24
Looks like all major credit cards.

Hope it's legit.

Hell of a deal.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Top Gun Ammo? - 02/18/24
Natchez has that ammo on sale right now for $1200/K.

https://www.natchezss.com/ammunitio...nition-9mm-luger-147gr-jhp-1000-fps-20ct

Hope you get what you ordered.
Dirt, I used my trusty ol' American Express card.

Website looks normal to me, nothing suspicious other than the low prices...lol

Apparently the shipping was delayed because of the California on-line ammo sales stuff that is going on. If you can trust my google-foo.....

I was just about ready to e-mail them but I don't like being a pest.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Top Gun Ammo? - 02/18/24
Damn.

Bought 3 50 round boxes of 147gr HST at the gun show a couple weeks ago
for $33/50. Maybe should have bought the stack.

Guess I need to get over them charging sales tax on my cash purchase!šŸ˜
Cuzzin' and Steve, these guys are legit but still at $800.

https://www.ammunitiondepot.com/p9hst2-federal-premium-9mm-147-grain-hp.html

I sure as hell don't NEED 1k HST's but for $500 I'll take 'em!
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Top Gun Ammo? - 02/18/24
I bought a stilhl chainsaw last year for 1/3 of going price. Still havenā€™t got the damn thing yetā€¦..
Only time Iā€™ve been scammed.
Dillon, you did good on that deal. I don't really see (good)ammo ever really coming down in price.

Unless you're buying it at full retail from Midway....lol

Don't get me wrong though, I love Midway, have a red dot and another 9mm on the way from them right now. It's an addiction!
Posted By: Redneck Re: Top Gun Ammo? - 02/18/24

SGammo has 124 gr brass-case 9mm for $259/1000 incl free ship.. So, basically the same..
Not bad, second best so far.

https://www.sgammo.com/product/fede...hst-147-grain-hollow-point-le-ammo-p9hst
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I bought a stilhl chainsaw last year for 1/3 of going price. Still havenā€™t got the damn thing yetā€¦..
Only time Iā€™ve been scammed.

Missed this Jack.

Sorry to hear you got took. I haven't been burned yet but you never know.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Top Gun Ammo? - 02/18/24
You did well at $520. I've ordered from this place before. They are $550 with free shipping.

https://www.bereli.com/shooting/amm...federal-premium-tactical-hst-jhp-p9hst2/

I like the 124g +p hst load and I keep thinking about ordering 1000 rounds of it but I keep spending too much on guns lately. I'm still carrying 20 plus year old law enforcement 124g +p gold dots but it's always functioned well and shot well. It's probably time for a new case of carry ammo.

I bought a bunch of law enforcement buy back 40 cal 180g win Ranger T about 5 years ago and that's been really good ammo. I wouldn't even mind some 9mm an Ranger t if I ever see a deal but I hear good things about hst's. Someone had a deal on 45 acp 230g +p hst ammo the other day but I can't remember who it was. It was about $580/1000.

Bb
I had also checked them out but some of the reviews spooked me.

But it's good to know they panned out for you.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Top Gun Ammo? - 02/18/24
I shoot the hell out there shotgun shells
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Top Gun Ammo? - 02/18/24

Logged in just to ask............

Why aren't you guys reloading this stuff ?

Yes I understand reloaded ammo in self defense situations......

But......cheese & rice........reloading once set up is much less $$$$$$

Target sports is AOK........

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/spe...ger-ammo-147-grain-jhp-53619-p-3527.aspx
Have a case of 5K coming Monday

$266 shipped

https://normausa.com/product/blowout/primers-b/small-pistol-primers-made-in-argentina/
Posted By: rosco1 Re: Top Gun Ammo? - 02/18/24
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Damn thats a good price, hopefully it all works out.

Who the hell wants to load 9mm? I have dies and components to do so, would still rather buy it. Same with shotshells and 223.
Originally Posted by rosco1
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Damn thats a good price, hopefully it all works out.

Who the hell wants to load 9mm? I have dies and components to do so, would still rather buy it. Same with shotshells and 223.

exactly.......I have X number of 9mm handloads in storage

I weigh them not count them

The small case is kind a PIA to load

But I'm using primers at 3 cents each shipped from days gone by
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Top Gun Ammo? - 02/19/24
Sam, you ever use Ammoseek?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

No cheaper, but they do the shopping for you.
Shipping is a big thing for them, they weigh it heavily
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Top Gun Ammo? - 02/19/24
Tikka and Roscoe, years ago I reloaded some 9mm and still have a bunch of components in storage. No shortage there but to be honest since I quit semi-long range hunting/shooting with bolt guns I haven't bothered to reload ANYTHING.

Pretty much the only rifle ammo I shoot is 223 and now a 6.5 Creed and I order ammo for that usage.

And pretty much the only guns I shoot much now are 9mm pistols and for me I have ZERO desire to reload for the 9mm. Just going through another Loony phase I guess.

Dillon, I've looked around on there but don't have an account. Tried looking at reviews and got denied.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Top Gun Ammo? - 02/19/24
Tikka and Roscoe, years ago I reloaded some 9mm and still have a bunch of components in storage. No shortage there but to be honest since I quit semi-long range hunting/shooting with bolt guns I haven't bothered to reload ANYTHING.

Pretty much the only rifle ammo I shoot is 223 and now a 6.5 Creed and I order ammo for that usage.

And pretty much the only guns I shoot much now are 9mm pistols and for me I have ZERO desire to reload for the 9mm. Just going through another Loony phase I guess.

Dillon, I've looked around on there but don't have an account. Tried looking at reviews and got denied.

You quit bumming 30-30 ammo? laugh
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Top Gun Ammo? - 02/19/24
I found some of that and ordered it too!

There are some cardboard delivery boxes of random ammo in our laundry room and I'm not even sure what it is, storage and organization is not good around here.....lol
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Top Gun Ammo? - 02/19/24
I found some of that and ordered it too!

There are some cardboard delivery boxes of random ammo in our laundry room and I'm not even sure what it is, storage and organization is not good around here.....lol

It's like Christmas in my shop when I know I've ordered something but can't find it...

I go to opening boxes never opened before and usually forgot I had. laugh

Oh damn! THERE'S those water trough valves I knew I had somewhere! LOL
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Top Gun Ammo? - 02/21/24
Well, well, well, it was Christmas indeed, they even threw in a POS plastic pistol with the order!

The ammo showed up and looks good, the Federal box was placed inside another box which I like. I have received case ammo before that was in the manufacturer's box and I don't much care for that delivery.

So, if you guys are looking to save some major $$$ I would say this outfit is gtg, at least in my sample of one...

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Top Gun Ammo? - 02/21/24
Originally Posted by earlybrd
I shoot the hell out there shotgun shells

Hahaha. I thought this was about federals top gun shotgun ammo. I've shot a lot of it.

Carry on.
Posted By: EdM Re: Top Gun Ammo? - 02/22/24
Good deal Sam. I just placed an order. Christmas gifts for the boys.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Top Gun Ammo? - 02/22/24
Right on Ed, hope the order goes well!
Posted By: hillestadj Re: Top Gun Ammo? - 02/22/24
I don't need these.....but do I NOT need these?....

How do you like the Echelon?
I stopped at my FFL and picked up the Echelon on my way home this afternoon, haven't shot it yet. I'm not a fan of how the ambidextrous mag release feels but just like the FN 510 I imagine a guy will get used to it.

Trigger seems nice enough. Main reason I bought it is the badass red dot mounting system and the fact that the factory sights will co-witness with an RMR(will be here Friday). I do NOT need another 9mm but it's like money in the bank!
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Top Gun Ammo? - 02/22/24
Awesome!

I need me some blasting ammo in 9mm and 380.

We don't recover much brass out in the snow and tall grass.
Cuzzin making good on them high calf prices I see!
Jim, have you ever shot any Speer Lawman?

I see they have a good price on that stuff as well.

Tall grass?! None of that left around here!
Well...we don't let em graze in the back yard!

Never been around Speer Lawman.

I am going to have to go shopping.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Well...we don't let em graze in the back yard!

lol

Well played!

I don't think it's ever really a bad time to get a little extra ammo especially when you get a deal on it.
© 24hourcampfire