Home
Posted By: Mannlicher Country Music is Truly Dead - 02/24/24
Sad to see a once favorite and meaningful genre die such a horrible death. The first blow was struck by Garth Brooks, and now this................
https://www.oann.com/newsroom/beyon...chart-on-billboards-country-music-chart/
Posted By: KenMi Re: Country Music is Truly Dead - 02/24/24
It's a false rating on the charts cause it is a black woman.

Country still has some good people. But, then there are the hip hop, pop crossover, or just those that can't write a song for schitt, but they have a big enough fan base, that it doesn't matter.
Lol country music isn't dead. That's some boomer s hit.

Stop listening to the garbage on the radio.
It always sucked and still does.
Beyonce fans pumping up her 'music'.
LOL- the powers that be laughing their ass'z off.
Country done gone Woke.
Being the last musical bastion of many white males it had to be destroyed.

Mission accomplished.
Gen.Z age group will love it.
Their millennial age mom loved beyonce, mom was listening to beyonce while she got her first tattoo.
jackson handy loves beyonce- he was listening to her music when he got his first tattoo.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Country Music is Truly Dead - 02/24/24
To the level of the nigra..
šŸ¤¢šŸ¤®
Originally Posted by Blackheart
It always sucked and still does.

Waz a matta? You don't like listening to people who sing through their noses and wear cowboy hats?

Geeeezzz. grin

L.W.
Mannlicher: I was a Country Charlie Pride fan for MANY years and was surprised to find out he appeared to be a negro man when i first saw a picture of him!
Still loved/enjoyed his music - and him.
I do NOT think country music is dead (or even wounded by this).
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Thats not the country music I grew up listening to ...
pop-country with whimsical lyrical.

how about some country, not [bleep].
Thatā€™s awful
Don't really listen to Country radio much. A bunch of it sounds like puzzy pop music. I'm sure the Beyonce song isn't much worse than the gay azz Dan and Shay crap.
Meh, just another one in the "hick-hop" subcategory. There are lots of subcategories. I agree that the ratings system is probably just pumped by followers.
She's trolling the "country music" industry; don't play her stuff and your RACIST!!!
She ainā€™t no Waylon.
Wouldn't surprise me at all if this is another prelude to election year influencing.
Songs blows. That said, its no worse than 75% of the autotune crap country thats been on the "charts" for the past decade or two.
Originally Posted by Esteban325
Meh, just another one in the "hick-hop" subcategory. There are lots of subcategories. I agree that the ratings system is probably just pumped by followers.

^
Posted By: efw Re: Country Music is Truly Dead - 02/24/24
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Sad to see a once favorite and meaningful genre die such a horrible death. The first blow was struck by Garth Brooks, and now this................

Originally Posted by Houston_2
Being the last musical bastion of many white males it had to be destroyed.

Mission accomplished.

A couple boomers boomin

At least Sam doesnā€™t play peekaboo I ā€˜spose.
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Mannlicher: I was a Country Charlie Pride fan for MANY years and was surprised to find out he appeared to be a negro man when i first saw a picture of him!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

At the time Charlie Pride was hitting the big time, I was dating a girl whose father was a Charlie Pride fan until he went into a record store to buy an album and saw Charlie on the cover. Walked out without buying the record.
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
She's trolling the "country music" industry; don't play her stuff and your RACIST!!!

Good ol' Hank.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
It's become pop music with a twang. The Hollywood producers have swept into Nashville after realizing they were losing out on money.
[Linked Image from 2loud2oldmusicdotcom.files.wordpress.com]
Beeyonsay is a nigkra bitch
Originally Posted by gsganzer
It's become pop music with a twang. The Hollywood producers have swept into Nashville after realizing they were losing out on money.

Uh, yeah, lets not pretend that "nashville" is an innocent victim of the big bad hollywood.

They saw $$ and rode it the whole way.
Iā€™m thinkinā€™ that outlaw ho bit done got outta hand
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Country Music is Truly Dead - 02/24/24
Gives a whole new meaning to a good old-fashioned country ho-down.
country music as, and always will suck
Country music is what those that buy the music say it is.

All the Caterwauling ain't gonna make a bit of difference.

White folk not getting married and having 3 or more chitlins are mostly to blame.

Guess Boomers forgot The Bakersfield Country Music Revolution.

Bitch all you want about the Ghetto Booty but who's buying her song?
Officially a negro, but what we in Dixie call High Yellow. She has more than one Irish whip cracker in the woodpile.
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Charlie Pride is a legend! This ho, not so much.
Posted By: johnw Re: Country Music is Truly Dead - 02/24/24
Country music won't really die til everyone leaves Harlan alive...

And rich...
"Black"?????? She's what we used to call "high yellow" at most- - - - -comes from the house maids doing the horizontal hula with plantation owners for a few generations. "Country" music died about the time Hank Sr. croaked in the back seat of his Cadillac.
Posted By: Pugs Re: Country Music is Truly Dead - 02/24/24
If you enjoy classic country by a younger generation check out Brennen Lee

Bouncy ainā€™t country.
Posted By: BCBH Re: Country Music is Truly Dead - 02/24/24
I saw Dolly congratulating her lol.
Just another instance of pop culture trying to redefine everything. FUCK pop culture.

Country music is still alive and well. You just have to look for it.
Originally Posted by BCBH
I saw Dolly congratulating her lol.

Dolly sold her botox filled azz out to the anti-country movement years ago. She was country when she was trying to make a name for herself, and after she did, she went Hollywood and left her roots behind.
Posted By: sse Re: Country Music is Truly Dead - 02/25/24
Originally Posted by BFaucett
turn off the sound then click loop
[quote=Hotrod_Lincoln]"Black"?????? She's what we used to call "high yellow" at most- - - - -comes from the house maids doing the horizontal hula with plantation owners for a few generations. "Country" music died about the time Hank Sr. croaked in the back seat of his Cadillac.[/quot

Pretty much right.
Sheā€™ll be in the country music hall of fame soon, part of the plan
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Officially a negro, but what we in Dixie call High Yellow. She has more than one Irish whip cracker in the woodpile.
Yella niqqer howā€™s that
Posted By: Alan_C Re: Country Music is Truly Dead - 02/25/24
Play more Judds and less duds ! Please
Flatt, and Scruggs, the billiard of Jed Clampet.
I prefer the classic country that tells a story, has good vocals, and makes me feel something. George Strait, Martina McBride, Clint Black, are examples. Then again, I'm older now.

The 'line dance' style of country music doesn't do a thing for me.
The Statler Brothers?
Originally Posted by wabigoon
The Statler Brothers?
Never cared for them.

I always liked Tanya Tucker though.
Plenty of good Cowboy music out there:

Another classic I always liked was Don Williams.
Don Williams, I believe in love.
Flatt, and Scruggs, the billiard of Jed Clampet.
FFS
Cā€™mon man.
For you hillbillies:

play some Skynyrd man
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Country Music is Truly Dead - 02/25/24
Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s a scam that that song went #1. As some one here said, itā€™s more likely Racist, cop hating BeyoncĆ© fans voted it to #1.

No real country fan would listen to that crap more than once. Thatā€™s like a song that a performer would do on a variety show, or an award show. ā€œLook at how versatile I am!ā€
Posted By: MAC Re: Country Music is Truly Dead - 02/25/24
Country music died with Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Charlie Daniels and Don Williams.
Originally Posted by MAC
Country music died with Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Charlie Daniels and Don Williams.

Countries been dying a slow death since the 1960's.
Posted By: johnw Re: Country Music is Truly Dead - 02/25/24
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
The Statler Brothers?
Never cared for them.

I always liked Tanya Tucker though.

Wilsons, Wells, Gudreauxs... Parts of the Delta south, some can be identified from their family features
Posted By: johnw Re: Country Music is Truly Dead - 02/25/24

Thereā€™s plenty.

On over the air radio. No.

Cody jinks
Randy Rogers
Jason Boland
Wade Bowen
Whitney Morgan
Stoney larue
Zach Bryan
Casey Donahue

Country / southern rock - Steelwoods
Originally Posted by johnw

Good Ole Boys is a great song.šŸ‘

grin smile
I prefer the classic country that tells a story, has good vocals, and makes me feel something. George Strait, Martina McBride, Clint Black, are examples. Then again, I'm older now.

The 'line dance' style of country music doesn't do a thing for me.
Tom T. Hall was the storyteller.
Posted By: memtb Re: Country Music is Truly Dead - 02/25/24

Yepā€¦..itā€™s be dying for quite a while now! memtb
A friend who despises country music said listening to it made him want to go home, tell the wife and kids to leave, turn off all of the lights in the house, close the drapes and put on George Jones while having a loaded pistol in his lap and a bottle of cheap whiskey on the table beside him.
Originally Posted by Houston_2
A friend who despises country music said listening to it made him want to go home, tell the wife and kids to leave, turn off all of the lights in the house, close the drapes and put on George Jones while having a loaded pistol in his lap and a bottle of cheap whiskey on the table beside him.
Gheyghost?
Just spin the thing backwards and we will get UT all back!
Posted By: efw Re: Country Music is Truly Dead - 02/25/24
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Thereā€™s plenty.

Cody jinks
Randy Rogers
Jason Boland
Wade Bowen
Whitney Morgan
Stoney larue
Zach Bryan
Casey Donahue

I prefer the classic country that tells a story, has good vocals, and makes me feel something. George Strait, Martina McBride, Clint Black, are examples.

Couple tom russel tunes

Originally Posted by efw
Thereā€™s plenty.

Cody jinks
Randy Rogers
Jason Boland
Wade Bowen
Whitney Morgan
Stoney larue
Zach Bryan
Casey Donahue

Ive worn plenty of pearl snap welder shirtsā€¦
I've seen metric phu(ktons of ignorance here on the 'Fire...but never more than this thread...
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Gen.Z age group will love it.
Their millennial age mom loved beyonce, mom was listening to beyonce while she got her first tattoo.

On her ass...
Posted By: Calvin Re: Country Music is Truly Dead - 02/25/24
I like some of the newer country. Eric Church, Morgan Wallen, Carrie Underwood etc
Posted By: efw Re: Country Music is Truly Dead - 02/25/24
Iā€™ve drank way too much cheap bourbon whiskeyā€¦
Originally Posted by efw
Iā€™ve drank way too much cheap bourbon whiskeyā€¦

And theres thatā€¦ šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
American Cowboy Radio
Broadcasting from the Big Ranch Country of West Texas
KJAG 107.7 Guthrie & KDNZ 97.3 Pecos

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MusicWrangler/

Listen live: https://sh.fl-us.audio-stream.com/proxy/jturva07?mp=/live

smile
IMO, Bolands best..

Cody canada and the Brauns.

( reckless kelly, micky and the motorcars, and dad muzzy)

Muzzie made a video 3 wks agoā€¦

Zach bryan + charles wesley godwin

Originally Posted by Journeyman
I've seen metric phu(ktons of ignorance here on the 'Fire...but never more than this thread...

Too bad this isn't country...

Originally Posted by JamesJr
Country done gone Woke.
[quote
Woke is trying to come to country. Wonā€™t last.
Rick
Zach bryan.

Who doesnt like a banjo and a trumpet??

No country here:

Posted By: gunzo Re: Country Music is Truly Dead - 02/25/24
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Lol country music isn't dead. That's some boomer s hit.

Stop listening to the garbage on the radio.

Farron Young, Buck Owens & stuff is boomer I think.. The younger gen owns this Beyonce schit, no doubt about it. You must be a Karen, blaming something like this on another gen., or are you a female maybe.
Shane smith and the saints make good music..

Whatchit nowā€¦ you getting into southern rockā€¦

Yes, i got the hots for ashley monroe. šŸ˜‚

Posted By: guy57 Re: Country Music is Truly Dead - 02/25/24
Creed Fisher for the win.
Country / southern rock

Originally Posted by jackmountain

That video is where i first heard of Ashleyā€¦
On the bright side, Iā€™d say itā€™s a step up from rap and hip hopā€¦

I live (literally!) in bumphV(k Idaho. Pretty much every year Courtney and/or Jason (they're married) come up and play at the lodge in Stanley. That makes them special!

My wife and I were there... Courtney and Cody were only the highlights...GREAT weekend!

My wife and I were there... Courtney and Cody were only the highlights...GREAT weekend!

šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

I bet. Something to seeā€¦ glad you got to see the show
Was invited back to Auburn for my 25th anniversary and BBS was the entertainment. Fell in love that night...and they just keep getting better!!!:

Whatchit nowā€¦ you getting into southern rockā€¦

šŸ˜‚

The first show we saw after the Covidiocy was Whiskey Myers opening for Jamey Johnson:

After 19 months of nothing it was like masturbating in a sock full of cocaine after drinking a gallon of Pappy...
Best live show ive seen ( not many)

Jamey johnson..

Played a few songs..

Said ive got a friend thatā€™ll sing..

Allison Krauss. Wasnt on the bill.

Voice like an angel..
Total score! Jealous...

When I was at Auburn the famous Horse Pens 40 was still a thing. Saw Alison there when she was 14. Back then she was a fiddle impresario before we even knew she could sing! (Of course Emmylou, Rodney Crowell, Ricky Skaggs, Marty Stewart, Flatt and Scruggs..., etc, etc made up for that at the time...)
Total score! Jealous...

When I was at Auburn the famous Horse Pens 40 was still a thing. Saw Alison there when she was 14. Back then she was a fiddle impresario before we even knew she could sing! (Of course Emmylou, Rodney Crowell, Ricky Skaggs, Marty Stewart, Flatt and Scruggs..., etc, etc made up for that at the time...)

Honestly it was way more than i paid for.

2016ā€™ish?

Jamey and Allison closed the show with a gosbiln hymm.
[video:youtube]
[/video]
Posted By: tdoyka Re: Country Music is Truly Dead - 02/25/24
Hank Jr A Country Boy Can Survive.
Posted By: tdoyka Re: Country Music is Truly Dead - 02/25/24
Originally Posted by johnw
Country music won't really die til everyone leaves Harlan alive...

And rich...

Now we're talkin'!

Love Patty...
Everything else seems to be going to schitt in this county, so why not country music? As we circle the drain slowly getting closer to the bottom with each revolution. Round and round we go..........?
She's country like Nikki is a republican!
With all the banjo rap being played on 'country' stations now, I doubt this broad is going to make it worse.
Posted By: AML Re: Country Music is Truly Dead - 02/25/24
Country has always cast a wide net. Even Johnny Cash faced accusations of not being country. I remember my granddad thought country music died with Jimmie Rodgers. I'd be more inclined to say it died with George Jones. It's funny how the Southern Rock of the 70's sounds more country than the schytt they pass off as country today.
Just another step in the Negronozation of America
Yeah...that's it!

Sheesh.
Yes Absolutely Correct. Country music died from damn yuppie's influence. Lynn, Jones, Flat and Scruggs, Jim and Jesse FOREVER. A plague on this new stuff.
I still recall the cold chill I felt, 1969 I think, listening to the smiling girls on Hee Haw cheerfully singing about murdering Federal Agents on some hill top in Tennessee.

Law enforcement Officers, murdered in cold blood, something about those people not wanting to pay taxes.
You can tell very quickly who listens to whatever is dictated to them on the fm radio and who takes the time to listen to what they want to hear. Itā€™s not hard to find new real country music. But covered here ad nauseum over the years.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
You can tell very quickly who listens to whatever is dictated to them on the fm radio and who takes the time to listen to what they want to hear. Itā€™s not hard to find new real country music. But covered here ad nauseum over the years.

Yeah, a large number of old fuds don't realize that people are not discovering new music nowadays by listening to the radio. They've never heard of things like Spotify, Apple Music, etc. I wonder if they've noticed that you no longer see "record stores" at the shopping mall. Wait, are people even still going to shopping malls?! LOL! Oh yeah, shopping malls are also dying. grin

"Honey, I'll be back in a little bit. I'm going down to the Radio Shack and pick up a new needle for the phoneygraph and a couple of them replacement tubes for the AM radio. I might also stop at the record store and check out the new Top 40 list they post on their bulletin board. I heard that Bubba Joe Stumpy has a new song out called I Couldn't Break Her Heart, So I Broke Her Leg. I might also stop by the Sears or the Kmart and take a look at the lawn mowers."

grin laugh smile
The Son's Of The Pioneers are still going.
Listen to some of Toby Keith's recordings and you will change your mine. Laney Wilson s coming on strong
Try out some Chris Stapleton, good songs and he plays some great guitar
How did you find all this music without the people at Billboard to tell you what to listen to?
Wyatt flores and CWG singing a chris knight song..

Wyatt Flores covering Jason Isbell..

N..... Noise.
Posted By: Teal Re: Country Music is Truly Dead - 02/26/24
Anyone thinking that Garth Brooks started the downfall of country wasn't paying attention to what Alabama was doing in the 80's.
Posted By: hanco Re: Country Music is Truly Dead - 02/26/24
Ain't no such thing as new country music

If this ain't country... I don't care! grin
Posted By: ribka Re: Country Music is Truly Dead - 02/27/24
boom

15 years late. again
I attended several Charlie Pride concerts, and enjoyed each one. The man was a class act.
I have absolutely NO desire to watch a slut in concert - no matter what color her skin.
More shane smith amd the saints..

Posted By: johnw Re: Country Music is Truly Dead - 02/28/24
The music takes it's twists and turns, and it really doesn't matter who thinks what of this country artist, or that

Country music may die someday, but before it does;

1) Farmers and ranchers will stop dying while working alone

2) Mines, and mining will stop killing miners

3) Rail crews and truckers will always come home to happy families

4) Women will acknowledge and accept their place in life, and always remain true to their husbands

5) Hell will freeze over

I like Patty Loveless as a country artist, because she's got the bones and life experience. But a kid from anywhere, with the slightest connecting thread to country life and death could just as easily pick up and carry on.
If they do music in the spirit of country, it doesn't matter what you or I think of the sound
Originally Posted by Teal
Anyone thinking that Garth Brooks started the downfall of country wasn't paying attention to what Alabama was doing in the 80's.
Oh go listen to your Engelbert Humperdink reel to reel.
Posted By: johnw Re: Country Music is Truly Dead - 02/28/24

A case could be made for saying that anyone who insists that country music sound like this, or meet that expectation is wrapped a bit too tight.
There's a metric [bleep]-ton of country music I don't care to listen to. So I don't, and it's just that simple

There are songs from both Alabama and Garth Brooks on my country play list

And yeah... I'll put my delta, cotton/rice country bones up against anyones, LOL...
Posted By: Teal Re: Country Music is Truly Dead - 02/28/24
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Just saying - a "Country band" with synths....
Heard BeyouncĆØ saying country music is racist.
She made an album and it slipped
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Just saying - a "Country band" with synths....
Not liking Alabama is un American.
© 24hourcampfire