Home
Posted By: Alan_C What are your everyday Shoes? - 02/29/24
Shoes that you pretty much wear everyday either for work or not. I wear Hi-tech hiking shoe that is light and comfortable. There about $ 40 last I remember. I normally buy 3 pairs at a time if there on sale.
Carolina Loggers for work

Nike Reax for jogging or gym

Danner hikers for everything else
Wesco "Packer" boots... all day, every day...
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Redwing Pecos slip-ons. Everyday for everything......
Tony Lama TLR work boots
asics kayano for working out
I wear some kenetrek hikers most often but with suits I wear Allen Edmonds
tiddies
Georgia boots Romeo’s
Winter work, Muck boots.
Dress, Double H cowboy boots.
Nocona Full Quill Ostrich boots for work
Brooks Glycerin or Asics Nimbus for working out
Schnee's for hiking, hunting
Asics, Van's, Jim Green Shoellie's, depends on the situation.
Hoka Speedgoat 5 trail runners.
Adidas Terrex Ax3
Sperrys Casual
Nocona Boots
Thorogood moc toes with wedge soles for work, converse all stars, On clouds, nikes for most other things, for hunting meindls or schnees temp dependant, but 95% of the time meindls
Boat shoes, slides or ankle high Mucks. Weather depending.

Schlepped the stiff, heavy steel toed logger or similar types for 45 years. My feet are retired like me, & need it more than I do.
Double h ice sole cowboy work boots. About indestructible.
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

Did you really just call them "cowboy" boots?
What are these "shoes" things you speak of?

Alan, I worry about you..................I think you're catching the inane-itis or something.
Geno wears flippers....
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

He's channeling his inner brother wabigoon:

Originally Posted by wabigoon
Winter work, Muck boots.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Winter work, Muck boots.

It ain't a good look my California brother.
Geno wears flippers....
One thing is for sure.

I don't wear them damn Croc things. My feets is ugly enough without this happening to them

Winter work, Muck boots.

Cowboy boots, a red Cowboy hat, and a cap gun.

What could be better
Hahaha!

I sure wish I could remember the member here that liked crocs.

There was a picture of him riding a bike toting a primitive bow and a quiver of feather arrows.

Bad fugging ass.

Winter work, Muck boots.

What could be better

Socks, a Silverbelly and a red union suit?
Some folks seem to love the dang things.

I've got some plastic/rubber slide thingies I slip on some days for a quick trip out to the freezer when the weather is bad, or out to the chicken coop if it's not too cold in the morning. But I refuse to buy into the croc thing.

I'll stick with my sandals when I have to go somewhere that requires shoes. Mine are about wore out, big hole in the toe area of the right one. They discontinued the model so I don't know what to do and no one around these parts carries much of a selection. Lot of flip flops and Nike shower slides (why the hell are those things popular? Friends tell me they look like jail footwear)

Winter work, Muck boots.

What could be better

That conjured up a picture laugh
I can't really help you there

I am either barefoot or wearing boots.

Sometimes even cowboy boots. Makes my butt look nice.

Winter work, Muck boots.

What could be better

That conjured up a picture laugh

L Roy has it on speed dial.

You lose your humility out here.
I can't really help you there

I am either barefoot or wearing boots.

Sometimes even cowboy boots. Makes my butt look nice.
For me, a guy who goes barefoot most days when it's not freezing, and sandals until the snow covers them, I have about 20- different pairs of shoes and boots for various purposes.
Insulated Carolina loggers in winter. Red Wing Flexforce work boots in summer. Every day. All day.
Crocs.

I own about 15 pairs. I wear them 95% of the time.
Around the house LLBean rubber mocs and Brooks Adrenalines when I go out.
Wild Boar Leather Moc from Duluth Trading. I want to look into some Hokas.
Ariat work hogs.
Every day.

Posted By: Teal Re: What are your everyday Shoes? - 02/29/24
The holes in Crocs are where your dignity leaks out.

Day in/out - Doc Marten Chukkas
[Linked Image from image.sportsmansguide.com]
Originally Posted by Teal
The holes in Crocs are where your dignity leaks out.

Lol, I'm gonna use that one on my bud!

Alan, I worry about you..................I think you're catching the inane-itis or something.

Geno is all over this thread. Must be trying to ‘throw the hounds’

😃

😂😂

Etonics bay-beee!!!

Queerin sabe and alla that happy chit
Rocky Outback 8” moc toe boots
I did the better part of 30 years in a Wolverine steel toe work boot.
[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

Retirement and Chemo changed all that. I'd been using a slip-on in place of bedroom slippers, just because they gave me better protection. When I got sick, I pretty much change over to something like this and stayed there:

With the post-chemo neuropathy, I can still feel the floor somewhat, and that is a huge help in walking.

For about the past decade, I've been wearing these during hunting seasons:

I wanted a boot that I could transition into as I was coming in from hunting. I leave my hunting boots on the porch and change into something that will fit all the extra heavy socks.

When folks see me, one of the first things they seem to notice is my big feet. I wear a 14. Back in High School, they ran a piece for the Thanksgiving issue of the paper "What are you most thankful for.", and someone I didn't know said that they were most thankful for going to school with me, because if the the school ever flooded, everyone was going to be able to fit in one of my boots and row home.
Crock "flip flops" in warm weather, at home, and Sketchers when I go somewhere.
No more work shoes/boots.
I alternate between an old pair of Chippewa Arroyos (no longer made and been resoled several times) and my fairly new pair of Becks Working Cowboy boots.

If going somewhere fancy it will be Nocona Stingrays (black) or Tecovas Pythons.
I like to wear brown " Asskickers" by Skechers. When I put those things on, I just know it's gonna be an ass-kicking day.
I have begun to replace most of mine with various style of Skechers. They're so darn comfortable. I have a pair of Hey Dudes I bought for around the house, which is where I spend 95% of the time. They have memory foam insoles, like Skechers.
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Shoes that you pretty much wear everyday either for work or not. I wear Hi-tech hiking shoe that is light and comfortable. There about $ 40 last I remember. I normally buy 3 pairs at a time if there on sale.

You ask far too many personal questions. People should really pay more attention to stuff like this.
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots

You ask far too many personal questions. People should really pay more attention to stuff like this.

Not only that but half of his posts are total bullshìt. Show me a "high tech hiking shoe" that costs $40 and I'll show you a guy who wears velcro sneakers.
Perhaps a casual penny loafer like Grenson Epsom or Septiem Largeur Manhattan.
mostly Keen sandals. Those, or slip on sneakers.
Originally Posted by smokepole

Not only that but half of his posts are total bullshìt. Show me a "high tech hiking shoe" that costs $40 and I'll show you a guy who wears velcro sneakers.
Alan Cranberry lol
I like my Solomon gortex trail runners with the speed laces. Not very stylish, but very comfortable, durable, waterproof and quick to put on
HOKA SPEEDGOAT
Wolverine slip on wellingtons.
Boots
Mostly Merrell stuff:
Jungle mocs
Moab vent low
Moab vent high
Moab waterproof high
Keen utility non slip.
Twisted X drivers

Ariat Chakkus

Hey Dude slip-on boots

Muck Apex mid zip

LaCrosse hunting

Crocs as slippers
[in winter i make the Crocs all season by adding sox]
[Linked Image from ]
At work lace-up boots, the rest of the time flip flops
Posted By: JPro Re: What are your everyday Shoes? - 02/29/24
Most days of the last 20 years or so, I've worn these. If there is going to be a lot of walking, I tend to grab various lace-up leather boots. The Georgias hold up very well for me as a daily-wear boot.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Skechers. I have weird feet and finding anything comfortable is a challenge. Perfect size for my feet is
Is 10 1/2 DDD and I have a very high instep. Almost impossible to find any shoes that are comfortable. Skechers are the only shoes that are comfortable enough for all day wear.
Winter, Muck boots[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Skechers Slip-Ins or My Pillow "MySlippers"

If I need to go to work
merrils
Romeo slip ons by Georgia, most days. Redwing hikers or white boots. I need leather shoes, hot chips from machining and sparks from welding, don't mix with sandles nor do flammable sketchers.
Keen sandals in the house, keen lace up boots and keen slip on insulated boots and Ecco boots and shoes for going to church or going out. I have to wear inserts so the keen sandals are more like shoes with a few holes in the top targgee I think they are called.

Try shopping at Big 5 sporting goods. Good prices on shoes. Just trying to be helpful. Isn’t what this site is about ?
Barefoot, slippers, or Sketchers slip ons when I go out.
Pretty much been wearing Crocs for the last few weeks. Gout has been a real pain in the feet.

Try shopping at Big 5 sporting goods. Good prices on shoes. Just trying to be helpful. Isn’t what this site is about ?

For some of us it seems to be about posting inane threads about commonplace personal stuff like shoes, that lots of people will comment on, thereby increasing traffic to the website and post counts.

Or are you really a person who's that nterested in what kinds of shoes/cologne/underwear total strangers wear?
I have a pair of black Acmes I bought in 1962
I have a pair of black Acmes I bought in 1962

"Alanc:" I rest my case.
Wearing slippers just now.
Adidas, Under Armour, Sketchers in warm weather or gym wear. Wolverine Moc toes in wet winter weather. Merrills for dry winter wear.

Ron
Wearing slippers just now.

Good to know.

For some of us it seems to be about posting inane threads about commonplace personal stuff like shoes, that lots of people will comment on, thereby increasing traffic to the website and post counts.

Or are you really a person who's that nterested in what kinds of shoes/cologne/underwear total strangers wear?
Ok! Let stick to politics and religion so we can argue?
Georgia Mud Dogs 11 1/2 Wide, all year long. Even to town and church. It’s Louisiana. Thorns and mud and snakes and fire ants. Also have a pair of Cajun white rubber boots and a set of chest waders. In the house I have a pair of casual deck shoes.

In fire ant and red bug (chigger) country one needs to put his pants legs down inside his boots so the vermin crawl up the outside of the pants.
Nike Air Monarch IV in 10.5 4E.

L.L. Bean Maine Hunting Shoes 10" in 10 W.
https://us.ecco.com/ecco-mens-soft-7-sneaker-430004.html?dwvar_430004_color=01001 :these every day for years, great arch support, very comfortable, last forever, daily work shoe on campus

https://www.zappos.com/p/on-cloud-5-men-midnight-navy/product/9599001/color/31474 :these for travel and knocking about, very lightweight, not a lot of support

https://www.zappos.com/p/lowa-renegade-gtx-mid-espresso/product/7291094/color/359 :these for hiking, hunting, etc

https://www.zappos.com/p/brooks-ghost-15-flintstone-peacoat-oak/product/9733897/color/994808 :these for walking, running and around the house

https://www.zappos.com/p/scarpa-mojito-shark/product/7683767/color/19666 :these are the outlier, the most comfortable shoes I own, fit like a glove, great for light hiking and trails and travel when boots are a bit much to pack for a short trip.

I have big feet, 12-13, and don't like cheap clunky shoes, need good support for back, etc. I buy good shoes and keep them forever.

Schnee's packs for cold weather, Lucchese ropers for a bit dressier, Xtratuf's wellies for the wet stuff.
Originally Posted by slumlord

😃

😂😂

Etonics bay-beee!!!

No friggen way Jose.

My Teva vecro sandels are way more comfy

Thorogood work boots
Redwing King Toe

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]free screen capture software

For everything but Church.

If I wear shoes.

Often it's my Croc water shoes.
They have a more sturdy toe for protection, and leather velcro straps.
They stay on.

The only thing worse in snow is bare feet.
I've busted my ass too many times thinking I'd slip them on for a quick trip outside.

Thought they were the worst until I went out barefoot in a crusty snow.
Didn't think I'd make it back in, wasn't sure I could get up with my screwed knee and no shoes. Not gonna try that again... until I do.
Posted By: RUM7 Re: What are your everyday Shoes? - 02/29/24
These sexy bastards get the job done.
I'd show some leg but I don't want Paul to get all in a lather.
Hard toed new balance
Thorogood when it’s not too wet or cold
For work and kickin’ around I wear Nike’s, mostly Air Force 1’s, Air Jordan 1’s, and Blazer 77’s. For climbin’ and hikin’ I mostly wear Merrill’s and Columbia’s.
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Wore these almost every day for 25 years. Now that I'm retired i spend more time in short muck boots and crocks.
I like Skechers for a lot of every day wear, have multiple pairs in varying condition from nearly new to nearly worn out depending on what I want to be wearing them for. Lately I have found several great like new pairs of shoes and boots on Ebay cheap; moccasin construction from LL Bean and Lanona, very good looking and super comfortable. I want one or two more, been looking at some Sperry, Gokey, Allen Edmond and others. No hurry, wait until the price is right on the style that I want. There are literally thousands for sale there, but not that many in a 13. For hunting or if necessary for some other reason I've got an older pair of Rocky Ranger 8", a pair of Danner 452 hikers and a few months ago Midway had some sizes of Irish Setter 838s on clearance sale dirt cheap so I snagged a pair of those. Very comfortable. I won't likely wear them enough to wear them out in my remaining days. It's great to have good footwear though, I have severe neuropathy and bad shoes hurt me in a hurry.
Redwing's or Ariat's 99% of the time.
Usually one of the 6-8 pair of Asolo or Danner hikers I own
Cheap wide New Balance sneakers or LL Bean Mocs
Posted By: AML Re: What are your everyday Shoes? - 02/29/24
Rockport Marshall wingtips for work. New Balance 608 for leisure. Double H Jason boots for casual dress.
Originally Posted by slumlord

😃

😂😂

Etonics bay-beee!!!

I was just in the walmarks and they got a sweet pair of Etonics on the rack. Look like old school Airwalks! Gonna get me a pair.

I usually rock either crocs, a pair of Addidas runners, or a pair of Costcos finest $29.99 Khombu hikers.
Originally Posted by jc189

Wore these almost every day for 25 years. Now that I'm retired i spend more time in short muck boots and crocks.

I have one pair of those left over from my police career. I wore them a lot after Rocky Boots starting falling apart while wearing them.

Ron
Been having good use from the Columbia hikers..around $100

Originally Posted by Ohio7x57

I have one pair of those left over from my police career. I wore them a lot after Rocky Boots starting falling apart while wearing them.

Ron

Are those 'Jackboots'?......
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57

Ron

Are those 'Jackboots'?......
Ouch!
TwistedX...
Originally Posted by Cheesy

That’s my latest Work boot. Changed the insole because of my plantar issues. Real good boot and I’ve owned about all of them over the years. Company buys 140 bucks a years worth so like Clockwork I get new ones and rotate them a lot.

Merrill hikers or similar sometimes Saucony athletics
Schnees of some type part of the year. Simms wading boots or other wading boots part of the year.
Wildland fire boots another part of the year.

No name crocs for going out to water the grass.

In the off season currently some type of running shoe which is easier on my back and feet.
Ariat wellingtons or Georgia boot loggers.
Muck boots everyday since Halloween.

Muckmaster Golds to be exact.

Those and a 20 year pair of Vans.
Skechers
Rotate between 5 pairs of Romanian Asolo mid height hikers.
Posted By: rong Re: What are your everyday Shoes? - 03/01/24
Carolina logger for everyday work boot,
other wise it's Merrell hikers
Meindl perfekt hunters or hikers fall through spring. Trail running shoes in the summer.
Off work, olu Kai flip flops 90% of the time.
Got some Arirat tennis shoe boot semi thingys been wearin on biz days lately
I’m loving Skechers . Nothing like sitting on the sofa and getting a workout just for beer runs to the fridge.

RW Iron Ranger everyday to work.

Steel toe Mucks (cold) or Le Chameau (not as cold) when it’s too cold for bare feet at home.
I got some fancy moccasins I wear for billiards in tha man cave
Brooks Ghost
Allen Edmonds of some shade or another on most days.
Posted By: ARTY Re: What are your everyday Shoes? - 03/01/24
Keens.
McRae hot weather combat boots. The real heavy ones with thick soles.
Depends. Most of the time Danner hikers. During cold snaps Kamik Canadians, although next winter, I'll be living in interior AK and I will have a pair of Baffins for the deep cold up there.
Generally I wear shoes with no to low drop heel to forefoot and wide across the toe box. Altra or Topo or the like. For boots, Jim Green Ranger are not bad but anything built on a Munson last is usually good. Breaking in a pair of Nicks ND3s right now.

When not wearing steel toed work boots, I wear Hi-Tec hiking boots as well. I like them.
Sam Antonio Shoes (SAS) makes a quality shoe, and make them right here in America.
A fuuucked up, burned up pair of tennis shoes. Welding is not productive for tennis shoe long life. Too much trouble to put on work boots.
Red Wing 6” tall work boot with composite toes
Keens.
Teva sandals
Everyday shoes for an astonishing amount of fire members

Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Everyday shoes for an astonishing amount of fire members

The PedoJoe limited edition model.
[Linked Image from cld.accentuate.io]
Kizik

La Sportiva Mens Blizzard GTX Trail Running Shoes
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Nike Air Monarch IV in 10.5 4E.

L.L. Bean Maine Hunting Shoes 10" in 10 W.
wore the same air monarch lV 4E for years, most comfortable shoes I ever wore, than they started coming apart after a year. Seemed like the quality deteriorated so I switched to sketchers last summer. Muck boots for hunting and timberland steel toe for work.
Crocs mostly, Lowas in the woods.
I usually get up at 5:40, make coffee and sit in my office for a while reading the news and doing any needed business. Always have LL Bean Wicked Good slippers on for that. Around 8, depending on time of year, it's either into Alpina Alaska Nordic/XC boots for a ski or Altra Lone Peaks for a run. Gym in the afternoon is Reebok Nano trainers. If going out around home it's Lowa Tibet's, or if going to town Ecco Fusions.
US made redwings. Every day.
How comfortable are these? I've been looking for a new work boot.
Blundstones right now and Sketchers in the summer.

Virgil B.
Depends on the time of year. Fall and winter I wear Keen hikers and Salewa light mountaineering boots. Both ankle height. Summer Brooks Ghost and Keen sandals.
Hey dudes.

[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Hey dudes.
We know 🥴
Keen mostly...

Nick's if I am in steep stuff...

Grundens if I am working the Bay.
Hey dudes.

Hey Buzz...

Ya parasitic .GOV leach.
Meindl when hunting bighorns.

I have very wide (EEEE) feet. I also require arch support. I tried inserts, but they're expensive and take up room in the shoe.

Then I found Fitville shoes. They understand how to accommodate wide feet. Arch support is built into many models, they provide EEEE shoes and the toe box is extra wide to give room for your toes. Best of all the prices are reasonable.
Hunting here in Vt Muck boots
Hunting out west Danner boots
Ice fishing Baffin Titan boot
Walking around general wear winter Keene hikers
Walking around general wear summer sneakers or crocks
right now working on wearing out a pair of twisted x work boots not steel toe but what they call the safety toe and waterproof.

Posted By: Teal Re: What are your everyday Shoes? - 03/02/24
Originally Posted by Remington280
How comfortable are these? I've been looking for a new work boot.

Have em. Most uncomfortable boot I've ever owned. Hated them. Tried multiple insoles. While made well, they killed my feet.
New Balance 506, 605 or some such!
Dr. Scholl's Winder II Slip Resistant Slip On

[Linked Image from drschollsshoes.com]
Fishing shoes? Easy to get out of.
Been wearing the same pair of danners 14 years old now, jut put new laces on.
When its cold I wear baffins maybe 5-6 years old.
Now, house slippers[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I wear Duty boots most of the time, functional, comfortable, and fit in in most of my work place needs, be it the office in Jeans or out working a client scene,
Hey dudes.

Now, house slippers[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Are those kids’ shoes?
© 24hourcampfire