Home
Posted By: Malcolm Lung Removal - 02/29/24
Hi all you tuff gyes ! Has any one of you had to have one of their lungs removed ?
Asking for a friend.
Posted By: 673 Re: Lung Removal - 02/29/24
No, but a friend did, he was a smoker, afterwards he cut his smoking in half.
Posted By: rong Re: Lung Removal - 02/29/24
My Gramma had half of one removed,due to my Grandfather smoking Lucky Strikes non stop
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Lung Removal - 02/29/24
Leighton has, you could PM him.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Lung Removal - 02/29/24
Biden says all that's needed is a 9mm.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Lung Removal - 02/29/24
My father had half of one lung removed. It was a pretty brutal recovery. The cancer returned several years later and was treated successfully with radiation. Then several years later it returned in his esophagus, and that killed him. His last years were not pretty. He smoked L&Ms for 40 plus years and died at age 66.
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: Lung Removal - 02/29/24
I figured this was not serious but a 9 mm ballistics thread. If you or someone you know needs a prayer just ask. You can tell who to PM if serious. Brothers, RZ.
Posted By: test1328 Re: Lung Removal - 02/29/24
My dad had 1/2 of his lung taken out when he was at 29 Palms back in the late 50s due to Coccidioidomycosis. Said he felt fine while they made him sit in sick bay for a week and then after the surgery he felt like hell and they made him go back after just two days. He was never the worse for wear from it though, never had breathing problems, and he lived at 10,000 ft elevation and worked at 11,000 ft.
Posted By: funshooter Re: Lung Removal - 02/29/24
i knew a co worker 40 years back that was living on 1/2 of 1 lung
He got some kind of parasite in his lungs as a young kid and by the time they figured out what was going on with him he had lost 3/4s of his lungs.
He was a welder in a shop that I worked at.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Lung Removal - 02/29/24
My grandfather had his left lung removed, he was a smoker. It bought him another 10 years or so but cancer returned and got him.
Posted By: Ben_Lurkin Re: Lung Removal - 02/29/24
MIL did last year- stage 4 lung cancer. She died 6 months later when it spread to her other lung.
Posted By: efw Re: Lung Removal - 02/29/24
I heard 9mm is the perfect tool for that…
Posted By: efw Re: Lung Removal - 03/01/24
Originally Posted by Rustyzipper
I figured this was not serious but a 9 mm ballistics thread. If you or someone you know needs a prayer just ask. You can tell who to PM if serious. Brothers, RZ.

Ha ya beat me to it
Posted By: ldholton Re: Lung Removal - 03/01/24
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
exactly what I was fixing to put.
"blows them clear out the back"
Posted By: CRJ1960 Re: Lung Removal - 03/01/24
Grandfather had 1/2 of.one lung removed in the mid 60’s. He was a baker and heavy smoker. Between the flour dust and the non-filtered cigarettes it almost got him. Made a lasting impression on me as a young boy not to smoke.
Posted By: slowmover12 Re: Lung Removal - 03/01/24
I have a friend who just lost half a lung to lung cancer. Late 60’s, heavy smoker. The first 100 days after surgery were tough for him. He’s moving good now. Vapes instead of smokes. Some people just don’t heed the wake-up call.
Posted By: tzone Re: Lung Removal - 03/01/24
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I came here to post that. You beat me to it. laugh
Posted By: flatfish11 Re: Lung Removal - 03/01/24
My grandfather lost a lung to T.B. as a young man. Other than never running again he lived a long normal life.
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Lung Removal - 03/01/24
Originally Posted by Malcolm
Hi all you tuff gyes ! Has any one of you had to have one of their lungs removed ?
Asking for a friend.

Why would a tuff gye need to have one of their lungs removed?
Posted By: Crockettnj Re: Lung Removal - 03/01/24
Originally Posted by test1328
My dad had 1/2 of his lung taken out when he was at 29 Palms back in the late 50s due to Coccidioidomycosis. Said he felt fine while they made him sit in sick bay for a week and then after the surgery he felt like hell and they made him go back after just two days. He was never the worse for wear from it though, never had breathing problems, and he lived at 10,000 ft elevation and worked at 11,000 ft.

Being from the east coast I had to google that one.

damn
Posted By: Malcolm Re: Lung Removal - 03/01/24
Originally Posted by flatfish11
My grandfather lost a lung to T.B. as a young man. Other than never running again he lived a long normal life.

Thanx for that. My friend , the one of whom I speak had his left lung removed on Monday last. It's good to know some others have survived it because it must be devastating, and would seem an uncommon operation with so few available for advice within the 400 million out there in North America.
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by Malcolm
Asking for a friend.

Why would a tuff gye need to have one of their lungs removed?

They have to get one removed if they don't understand English.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Lung Removal - 03/01/24
Since you're asking for a friend, I'll mention my friend. Now about 80, 81 & one lung for a few decades. He's still a tough SOB. Until open heart surgery last year he'd work the farm 10-12 hours a day. Age, OHS & 1 lung has him a lot more tired these days, but the lung thing never slowed him too much.
Posted By: carrollco Re: Lung Removal - 03/01/24
Guy who worked on our house and now a friend; has only one lung. Painted our house (outside in 103* Mississippi Delta heat and humidity in June /July). A hard working one man jack of all trades. Never slowed down. Has problems primarily in colder months and is prone to pneumonia. Missing one for over a decade. Buddy is a fine decent man who turned his life around. He is my brother in Christ. He survived Covid also.
Thanx very much for the answers to my question.Its good to know he may live a few years yet.
© 24hourcampfire