Home
Posted By: gunzo First Stop Guns in Rapid City - 03/01/24
Reading of the Whitakers closing had me think of FS. They used to be a major player but hadn't seen many offerings on the auction sites like I used to.

I looked them up & they're still there, so wondering if they've scaled back? Maybe some of the other mega sellers just overshadowing them.
Mark and crew are as good as ever but they definitely don’t have the inventory they use to. They’re one of the few that kept prices the same or close during the panic buying when many of the so called 2nd amen. cheerleader shops priced gouged the heck out of people. Great guys to deal with up there.
Posted By: RAS Re: First Stop Guns in Rapid City - 03/01/24
I have had a bunch of positive sales with them over many years. Great gun shop IMO.

Jaquas in Ohio is another.
I’ve dealt with First Stop Guns in Rapid City several times and as recent as six months ago. Always a good experience.
Posted By: RicG Re: First Stop Guns in Rapid City - 03/01/24
I bought a sweet Dakota 10 from First Stop a few years ago. All went well.
They are OK nothing going on. Mark gets a lot of his inventory bidding estates and has increased competition some he gets some he don't. About that simple. When you buy whole estate collection some of it is internet marketable and some isn't. Last time I was in the store 2/10 he was at display capacity. Some of the internet sites like gun broker and guns international have got harder and more expensive to deal with. They are still there in good health. and yeah they are personal friends for many years. Mb
Have bought a whole bunch of guns and scopes from them over the past 15-20 years. Great shop and great to deal with, but yes, they seemed to have reduced online offerings.
I’ve bought many guns from them, good guys to deal with.
© 24hourcampfire