Home
Posted By: hanco What is your weekend plan? - 03/01/24
We are going to see Glen Templeton tonight. We have two grandsons tomorrow, dancing Saturday night. Not much Sunday.
Get ready for shearing.
My son is driving my sainted Mother down from Dallas for the weekend. Gonna smoke some ribs and make a cobbler.
Not much to do in the bustling town of Brady Texas on the weekends... Unless it's during deer season.
Posted By: Steve Re: What is your weekend plan? - 03/01/24
Trying to not get blown across the steppes.
Posted By: tdd4570 Re: What is your weekend plan? - 03/01/24
Camping with about 100 Boy Scouts.

Going to take over Enchanted Rock
Tearing apart the drag link on my jeep. Love it.
Posted By: Teal Re: What is your weekend plan? - 03/01/24
Dinner with my son on Sat. Concert on Sunday.
Skeet Saturday

No other plans.

Maybe watch some NHL and have a couple beers
working on some brass today.
Going to see Trumpster tomorrow in Greensboro. Hope we can get into the coliseum.
Posted By: Chuck_R Re: What is your weekend plan? - 03/01/24
Wife's got a dog trial in KC so I've got a friend coming out tomorrow to practice a NRL22.

Then I'm smoking a brisket on Sun.. just because.
Nephew told me other day he wants to fish Probly take him
I’m gonna get me a bourbon , get some pintos cook’n and have them with a Venison Steak later.
Organizing and going thru my fish gear tomorrow so I can get fishing.
Body work on a ‘71 Scout. Load development for my 358 Win.
Posted By: Riverc Re: What is your weekend plan? - 03/01/24
Was planning to change oil,filter, blades & air filter on rider mower depending on weather. Take a 4-wheeler ride other than that take it easy.
Driving from DesMoines Iowa to Southern Missouri today then to Chattanooga TN tomorrow to watch the Ashley Mcbryde concert then back home to Southern Missouri Sunday

Then to Detroit on Monday for the work week
Posted By: cisco1 Re: What is your weekend plan? - 03/01/24
Going to a fish / steak fry at the moose.

Watch my dog run around rest of the time.
Headed down to see Brittany breeder to pick out my new bird dog.
Working Saturday and Sunday. Maybe load up some shells for crow shooting next week but I can make due easy enough with heavy trap loads.
Counting raindrops.
Grind some burger

Clean and do some work on the SxS

Get some tax docs together

Need to clean a few shotguns too
Posted By: hanco Re: What is your weekend plan? - 03/01/24
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
Working Saturday and Sunday. Maybe load up some shells for crow shooting next week but I can make due easy enough with heavy trap loads.

What do you load for crows? I loaded 11/4 #4’s with longshot powder. 1300 fps. It did well out to 50 yards. I loaded the same with # 9’s for doves. I could knock down doves a long way out. I always bought the hard shot, patterned better.
Shoot pigs in the face and drink coors lights
Posted By: KFWA Re: What is your weekend plan? - 03/01/24
going to the Pompei exhibit at the Museum downtown
Posted By: hanco Re: What is your weekend plan? - 03/02/24
Texas birthday

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Drifters and grifters

Posted By: memtb Re: What is your weekend plan? - 03/02/24
Finish truck repairs ……that should have been completed last weekend! memtb
Drive up to Cheyenne tomorrow and have lunch with the frogman, then see my grandbaby in Ft. Collins on the way back....
Posted By: Heym06 Re: What is your weekend plan? - 03/02/24
Shoveling snow if this keeps up very long!
Friday night-DoorDash
Saturday-Go pick up 4 deer that are processed- spend a couple of hour with wife ( in rehab)- then DoorDash
Sunday-Teach Bible study-work armed security at church service-spend rest of day with wife
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Drive up to Cheyenne tomorrow and have lunch with the frogman, then see my grandbaby in Ft. Collins on the way back....

If that’s frogman43…..tell him I said hello! memtb
Go to my South Texas lease & set up my first cellular camera for real time pictures to my phone.
Houston Rodeo to see Bocephus on Monday.
Originally Posted by memtb

Dat's de one.

Dat's de one.

Don’t disassociate or hold it against him because he and I know each other! 😉 memtb
Posted By: Valsdad Re: What is your weekend plan? - 03/02/24
Originally Posted by Heym06
Likewise.

Had plans for a benefit dinner (nursing scholarship) of leg of lamb and stuffed baked trout in town, but we may have to change plans. Plow will likely be out in the morning, but we are not too hopeful about their prediction of only an inch or so tomorrow.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Heym06
Likewise.

Had plans for a benefit dinner (nursing scholarship) of leg of lamb and stuffed baked trout in town, but we may have to change plans. Plow will likely be out in the morning, but we are not too hopeful about their prediction of only an inch or so tomorrow.

I wish we could get some of what y’all are getting. Around here we need all the moisture that we can get! memtb
Hanco: Spent a pleasant Friday and Saturday cleaning Rifles and cleaning my messy reloading/ammunition storage room.
With an eye to the trees at all times waiting for this incessant wind to stop!
I have two Rifles I wish to re-check their zero's on.
Also got the Federal and State "income tax" paper work done and the refunds started my way.
Took the VarmintWife out to prime rib dinner earlier tonight - wonderful never frozen prime rib and fixins - getting sleepy now.
Also spent and hour perusing a new to me 1944 Stoeger "Shooters Bible" and marveled at the prices and offerings back then during WW-II times.
Drooled on several of the pages.
Hope to go shooting Sunday if the wind quits - if not I may get started on a reloading project.
Retirement is good.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I have 3 heat pumps I need to zip apart and break em down for scrap and recycling. Yank the coils out, spring cleaning with a cash incentive. R-22 has already been reclaimed by another bud in that line of work. He was pleased to get those 4-5 lbs. Haul off several squares of metal rib roofing metal from left over jobs redoing two shops and a barn and a new house.

New roofs, new AC units, should be good for another 15 yrs.
Supposed to be 75 degrees Sunday. Yeay!!!
Posted By: Calvin Re: What is your weekend plan? - 03/02/24
Fly down to Phoenix for the week.
Posted By: las Re: What is your weekend plan? - 03/02/24
I'm gonna find Murphy and kill him. He's been kicking my ass for several days.
Posted By: Krazi Re: What is your weekend plan? - 03/02/24
Going to a rock and mineral show I guess. Wife says so. I just along for the ride.
Did load up 400 or so 45acp today for giggles
Posted By: hanco Re: What is your weekend plan? - 03/02/24
Glen Templeton

Packing a generator, a couple of big propane tanks, a few more rifles and about a thousand rounds of various hunting ammo, another half dozen Loomis rods and another tackle box, tarps, solar panels, batteries and whatever else I can cram in the Infinity to barge up to POW.

I’m gonna spend a couple weeks up north before heading to the Caribbean for 2 weeks and then back up north for the spring and summer.
Going fishing with the guys, drinking beer… come back home to sleep it off.
replacing the front crank seal on the Toyota 4.7
Posted By: Longbob Re: What is your weekend plan? - 03/02/24
Rolled into Moab last night and will head out to the parks today to start exploring. Going to Arches first to hike around. Probably ride our 4 wheeler on the trails outside the park.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Packing a generator, a couple of big propane tanks, a few more rifles and about a thousand rounds of various hunting ammo, another half dozen Loomis rods and another tackle box, tarps, solar panels, batteries and whatever else I can cram in the Infinity to barge up to POW.

I’m gonna spend a couple weeks up north before heading to the Caribbean for 2 weeks and then back up north for the spring and summer.

A very big 👍 to you my friend. You’re fulfilling my fantasy as a young man. It never happened…..I guess that I’ll live vicariously though you! memtb
Hosting a Friends of NRA Banquet this evening. Taking our church youth group to a Davidson College baseball game on Sunday.
Posted By: gunzo Re: What is your weekend plan? - 03/02/24
Yeehah, we just got invited to a fish fry tonight.

Maybe a barnyard rimfire shoot tomorrow.
Posted By: gunzo Re: What is your weekend plan? - 03/03/24
Oh yeah! Mississippi Crappie caught last week. Some of the best cole slaw I've ever had. Baked beans, tater salad, home made nanner puddin. I had fish, beer, slaw ,beer, fish & beer. Plus a shot of Espolan Blanco while somebody killed something out of the den window at 400+ with a tricked out 22-250 on a tri-pod. Oh chit! come to think of it, it had a Leupold on it!

Hell, saw the rooster nail 5 hens while we were there. It was mentioned it was no wonder they were laying so well.

Heaven help me, or maybe no help needed. I love being a redneck.
Worked all day today at deer camp on our new camp. Rest and recover tomorrow.
Picked up the 10/22 Brownells stripped receiver from my FFL guy Friday afternoon and put the bolt and trigger in it today… ordered a Kidd ultra lightweight barrel about an hour ago… probably have to syphon the firefighting pond tomorrow… been getting some torrential downpours lately and it’s getting close to the overflow level.
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Hosting a Friends of NRA Banquet this evening. Taking our church youth group to a Davidson College baseball game on Sunday.

Won a KelTec P17 at my event tonight. smile We had a good turnout and raised some well needed funds. Been in my feet for 12 hours. I’m whipped and my feet are killing me!

Driving down to Cheyenne to have lunch with this guy!

Was a good day!

Frog---OUT
Posted By: shaman Re: What is your weekend plan? - 03/03/24
I went to Mooselette's recital. She did a very good job on My Favorite Things.

KYHillChick and I went and got carryout Hibachi and went home.

Today, I'm going to the farm to test out a new DIY target camera. I've tested the rig out to 500 yards, but I have not yet put all the pieces together. Today, I'm doing a full-up test of the components all together. If successful, I'll bring it home and build a proper case for it. Right now, the pieces are all in a small suitcase.

Tomorrow AM, I'm going out to scout turkeys.
Gonna smoke a pork roast n a bit🤤
Posted By: jimone Re: What is your weekend plan? - 03/03/24
Staying inside.... it's Quicksand Season here.
Posted By: Full3r Re: What is your weekend plan? - 03/03/24
Enjoying time with new little one and some much needed home project completion. Broke out old basement shower Friday and patched the basin to bring to floor level. Dug out foundation on corner of house to repair a crack that seeps water when we get a drencher. Got that done and sealed with hydraulic cement, waiting to tar and insulate it probably tomorrow. Working out slide now with my older boys cleaning up property line that was a mess when we moved in a year and half ago, boys(7 & 10) old enough and capable enough to have them on the Kubota and mini ex while dad runs chain saws and hooks chains. Been a good weekend. Inside rocking the new born now looking at the fire dipping a double of rare breed. Life is good.

Hope all you fellas having half as good of day as me
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

A very big 👍 to you my friend. You’re fulfilling my fantasy as a young man. It never happened…..I guess that I’ll live vicariously though you! memtb

Thank you amigo.

Being that you’re in Wyoming I know for a fact that a man could do worse than to live where you live. 👍🏼 I have to be close to the salt but if I was living in Wyoming I don’t think the desire to pull up stakes would burn nearly as hot. 😉
Posted By: fester Re: What is your weekend plan? - 03/03/24
LM2500 shut down.
© 24hourcampfire