Home
I'm like F-You.
You crossed a line.
Your thoughts?
Tis probably a great conversation starter.
Originally Posted by Salmonella
I'm like F-You.
You crossed a line.
Your thoughts?

It's not nice to keep bring up Fireballs past.
Since I use an alias, she'd never find me here.
I probably talk crazier shiet to her than anything I say on here so she wouldn't be surprised.
What's the problem? What/where is the line?

Anyone in general can read the stuff. My wife is the last person on earth I might worry about seeing my posts (I don't worry about anyone) - and I tend to tell her about the posts anyway.

Am I missing something in this?
Search away, nothing I say here is any different than at home.
My wife thinks I'm kind of an [bleep], so...
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Since I use an alias, she'd never find me here.

Sure she would. She'd just look for the latest bicycle thread and see who started it.
Most of mine are pretty benign,so I wouldn't care,
Now my POF account,,whoo lawdy laugh
i am more worried about fbi,dhs
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots

This
When we got married I think I may have been in her top 25 of people she liked and respected.

That was over 25 years ago.
The years probably haven't been kind to my ranking....
No problem.
same here. NO problem.
Originally Posted by CCCC

Anyone in general can read the stuff. My wife is the last person on earth I might worry about seeing my posts (I don't worry about anyone) - and I tend to tell her about the posts anyway.

This.
Is she doing because she in interested or because she is trying to dig shìt up on you?

I have no secrets and I don't bad mouth her either.

No problem for me.
She would sometimes ask what I'm laughing about and I'd share it. Sometimes she'd laugh, sometimes she'd roll her eyes.

Wasn't an issue then and she's gone now.
No problem. If anything I have said here does not correspond with her concept of the things I could or would say on the topic, I would be very surprised. We talk about Campfire posts that I and others have made all the time. (The same goes for our adult son.)

She laughs. There is no way she would allocate her precious time to looking at posts on this site.
No problem, hell I've let her use my ph and it has my girlfriend's picture for a screen saver.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
No problem, hell I've let her use my ph and it has my girlfriend's picture for a screen saver.
We can’t all be the TX version of Ron Jermi.
My wife logged on once. She asked me "who's that aśśhole who goes by "smokepole?"

I got Rick to ban her.
When I type on the computer or my phone, I don't put anything in print that I don't want the whole world to see.
I don't even know what to think about it.

My wife isn't petty like that, or a 'detective'.

She's glad that I have an innocent online diversion that I enjoy, that fits with my interests.
Originally Posted by smokepole
My wife logged on once. She asked me "who's that aśśhole who goes by "smokepole?"

I got Rick to ban her.

I think my wife might have logged on and posted a thing or two on my behalf back in 2003, when I was in Iraq.
This place is the least of my worries.
Not a problem as she knows I have very little tolerance for dumb flucks talking out their asses so my responses wouldn’t surprise her. Now on the political side of things she used to call me a conspiracy theorist and after FJB she’s saying hey can you believe what they are trying to pull now so we’re on the same page.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
This place is the least of my worries.

LOL
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I don't even know what to think about it.

My wife isn't petty like that, or a 'detective'.

She's glad that I have an innocent online diversion that I enjoy, that fits with my interests.

Mine would have had plenty of time today to check it out as I swung my maul through a cord and a half of lodgepole.

But....that's exactly why she doesn't.
Flave in

She would probably be surprised at how many rifles and scopes I have bought since I retired, especially as I told her I am only “thinning the herd” now….
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Originally Posted by smokepole

I got Rick to ban her.

I think my wife might have logged on and posted a thing or two on my behalf back in 2003, when I was in Iraq.

Welcome back!

Better late than never.
Most of what goes on here would bore my wife to tears. As far as my posting anything I wouldn’t want her to see, what the hell kind of marriage would that be?
Originally Posted by Higginez
Flave in

Nope.

Now you get Jeffo and Tardqueen.
Delete history and cookies 😂
Originally Posted by hardway
Delete history and cookies 😂

That's why you have and keep a good friend around.
She'd fall asleep before she made it to the third post.
Just glad my history is not That of a basement dweller.
she couldn't care less about what I post here.
She'd be bored. 90% of mine are about guns
If I let my wife take a break from the dishes, I guess she can use those 3 min for computer time
Mine knows I like fat bitches!
She wouldn't, but if she did it wouldn't be a problem. I'm talking about boring gun stuff to her, occasional political or something in cooking. Dang, I'm boring. Lol.
If either my wife or my daughter wish to peruse my posts I will log them in...neither have any inclination to do so, and neither would do so without my knowledge.

Having someone surreptitiously sneaking about checking on things is way out there on the seriously weird scale.
My wife encourages me to read the food and recipe thread 😃
Originally Posted by JSTUART
If either my wife or my daughter wish to peruse my posts I will log them in...neither have any inclination to do so, and neither would do so without my knowledge.

Having someone surreptitiously sneaking about checking on things is way out there on the seriously weird scale.

You posted what I was thinking.
I wouldn’t live with a woman that I couldn’t trust/didn’t trust me. My life has so much stress, home life is my safe space.
My wife doesn’t like me so it’s not big deal!
Funny story...

I used to tell my wife what I was laughing about on here but then...

Quite a few years ago, my wife was going through one of those "woman spells."

I mean, I could not do ANYTHING right to save my ass! lol

She ran out of things to bitch about so she started on the 24hr.

Now, picture a cold, lazy Sunday morning with nothing to do all day. I grab the 'ol laptop and fire up the 'Fire and read a post and bust out laughing. I tell her about it and she rolls her eyes.

I says "what??"

She says "you care more about that damn campfire than ME!!!

And you wanna know WHAT??!!!"

I says "What...?"

She says "THAT FLAVE GUY SOUNDS LIKE A FUGKING AZZHOLE!!!!!!"

Honest to God!

LMFAO

She got over that spell not long after and everything has been cool since. hahaha
So no. I don't care if she reads what I post on here. lol
I'm like F-You.
You crossed a line.
Your thoughts?

Not worried. She hears all my political thoughts at dinner and she's equally very conservative. She doesn't carethat I've collected beaucoup firearms.
"Better than cocaine and strippers". I love that girl!
Originally Posted by EdM

This.

Yup.
Won't find anything different than real life.

Not ashamed or embarrassed by anything here.
I'm not hiding anything and I don't talk about my wife on forums so I'm GTG.
Hankoooo....??

lol
Originally Posted by hatari
I'm like F-You.
You crossed a line.
Your thoughts?

Not worried. She hears all my political thoughts at dinner and she's equally very conservative. She doesn't carethat I've collected beaucoup firearms.

The couple that vaxxes together...stays together.
No problem for me although I can't imagine my wife would want to search the 'Fire. Most of my posts are about guns or occasionally politics. My wife knows my political opinions and that I like guns so there would be nothing surprising.

As others have said, I imagine the FBI and other agencies are watching given the current surveillance state we live in.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by hatari
I'm like F-You.
You crossed a line.
Your thoughts?

The couple that vaxxes together...stays together.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
'

No wife. Calm life.

smile
Many times she's next to me on the sofa and couldn't care less. Her politics may be to the right of mine, if that's possible.
My wife knows I'm an ass hole and wouldn't be a bit surprised by anything I've posted. She seems to like me anyway.
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots

Same same
It would be strange if a wife decided to “search” all posts. Shows a sign of mistrust and bigger issues.
Originally Posted by Calvin
It would be strange if a wife decided to “search” all posts. Shows a sign of mistrust and bigger issues.

Sounds like that was what the OP was talking about.
My wife quit posting here a little while ago, her screen name was Deflave and her posting style was kinda assholio.
Seriously though…. I don’t post anything that I would not want her to read and I don’t talk about her ever in a way that I wouldn’t want her to hear. I have nothing but love and respect for her so it makes it easy for me, after almost 27 years married and 28 years together I still don’t have anything to hide from her.
Ask Fireballz...

If you shit talk her and/or her family on a public forum can you really get too butthurt when she finds it?
I'm like F-You.
You crossed a line.
Your thoughts?

She heard you were long armin’ again?
It’s a public forum. The whole fugkin world can read all your posts.

😂
No issues other than I don’t like being “checked up on”. No posts that I’m afraid for her to see. I don’t make a habit of bad mouthing her. She’s not perfect, but she has put up with my crap for almost 43 years.

Ron
Originally Posted by MadMooner

😂

Yes, but having a spouse specifically select your posts to read on the sly is a pretty high level of weirdness.

If she is just perusing the forums to see why it is interesting there is no issue at all.
My wife much prefers that I speak my mind here...

Vs. raising the same hell with the brokedick neighbors... and their brokedick poodles.
She can if she wants, same with my phone, hand it to her all of the time to text for me when rolling. She never would be that bored or untrusting though.
I'm like F-You.
You crossed a line.
Your thoughts?
I could care less. I would probably have to explain some things though, like that new Menefee knife I might have mentioned I picked up for $50.
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
I'm like F-You.
You crossed a line.
Your thoughts?

Lol, there's a small penis joke in there some where........
What are you trying to hide?
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I'm like F-You.
You crossed a line.
Your thoughts?

It's not nice to keep bring up Fireballs past.

oh but the entertainment value.......
Mine would not waste her time
not a problem for me... i have nothing to hide
KYHillChick has her own ID here on the 'Fire. I know she doesn't post often, but I know she lurks.
my wife would be disappointed if she looked at my phones pics

there wouldn't be photos of her or the kids, but there would be a ton of photos of a wiring harness before I disconnected it, the firing order of a distributor, the vin number of a car, a carburetor, a cool looking motorcycle parked at quaker steak and lube, a gun in the case at the gun shop, a screen shot of what size battery I needed, a fish I caught last year.....

pretty much what I post here

better than pics of a girlfriend though - at least in terms of our marriage

😂

Yes, but having a spouse specifically select your posts to read on the sly is a pretty high level of weirdness.

If she is just perusing the forums to see why it is interesting there is no issue at all.
Why would reading my posts be considered "on the sly'?
I wouldn't give a hoot...
My wife has a life and is not that bored. Plus she god give a rats a$$ about what we talk about on the fire.
She'll be BORED like the HCF members that have suffered through them over time!
Huh?

is this like one of them rhetorical questions?
Originally Posted by EdM

This.

Yep
I'm like F-You.
You crossed a line.
Your thoughts?
I never post anything to worry about. Don't do anything to worry about. She can look anywhere I go I could care less. She has locate on her phone and I do to.
I have posted nothing here I would be afraid to have my wife read.
Doesn't everybody write their posts with the understanding that their wife or the court will use it against you?
An excerpt from my post 52 minutes ago on a different thread...

... Never post anything on 24HCF you would not want posted on a bill board in your front yard. ...
Originally Posted by Orion2000

... Never post anything on 24HCF you would not want posted on a bill board in your front yard. ...

AH, you better PM Hanco with this information, LOL.

Sigma male. Mic drop

Most simp guys on here.” I do what momma tells me “
she would expect nothing less than me being me.
I show my wife some of the things one of the guys on here posts , because I get a kick out of it !
I not naming any names though
Hint
Originally Posted by Orion2000

especially given that google search bots log all these threads
When I first joined, I'd quote something or some joke or comment, and she decided all members were perverted a-holes.
After I talked her into attending the Quemado get together, She totally reversed her opinion.
I learned, long ago, I don't hide well - so why even try. I am who I am.
I've trusted her for just over 50 years, now - she's been stuck with me for over 48. Nothing to hide, here.
Pretty sure mine would laugh and say “Oh look…..a website dedicated to BSers and ball busters that will say anything to get a rise. Looks like you found an online home.”
I would encourage her.

"You haven't found the good stuff."

"I'll explain whe you get to...."

"Gotta say, I hope some of it doesn't upset you toooooo much"

Hell of of Lotta posts, gonna be quite the job.
Especially if the threads sidetrack her.
You know a few would.

Never gonna happen,
my wife wouldn't be the type,
or she wouldn't be my wife.
Hi honey.
Couldn't care less, I tell her all the highlights anyway.
Figure at some point my kids will look these up maybe too when I'm gone, or grandkids. Either way I'm not concerned

😂

Why would reading my posts be considered "on the sly'?

Or weird?

I think it’d be weird if she logged in and didn’t read my posts.

I think Sal feels like his little He Man Woman Haters club house was invaded.
Did Sal get busted posting pics of bikini babes.. ?
Nothing I do or say on The innonet would bother my wife.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Sounds like that was what the OP was talking about.

I searched out all my wife’s posts on her gardening and sewing forums. You wouldn’t believe how racy some of those old biddys can get.
I've got very little to nothing to hide on my phone or laptop.
It may not be a good display for family and friends, but nothing I'm worried about with her.

IF, your ole lady HAS to see your phone, get another one.
Mine were all tragically lost in a motorboating accident.
Mine would declare at least 50% of you to be karens.

She is always right.
I'm like F-You.
You crossed a line.
Your thoughts?

Gymnast required to longarm that!
Originally Posted by SargeMO
Mine were all tragically lost in a motorboating accident.
NO cleavage is THAT deep!
Sal has a long history of complaining about being held hostage in CA...
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Maybe so and who can blame him?….on the other hand he has been able to make the most of it. He’s done a hell of a lot of fishing and hunting while stuck behind enemy lines and he has the trophy room to prove it. 😉
It comes down to intent. If she searched for dirt on Sal, then bad. If she wanted to know if Leupold’s tracked, then fine.
Not married but if my SO looked through posts - DGAF, nothing would cause issue. Even with a red head.

Is it "crossing the line" for her to do so? Meh - I get the idea that it might be "checking up on someone" and worried they don't trust you but it's nothing mostly.
PM’s? That would be different.

Zero expectation of privacy on an open forum.

Somewhere in Africa, there is a pot bellied kid with flies buzzing about his head, wearing an Atlanta Falcon Super Bow Champion Tshirt, looking at his Obama phone and wondering aloud in clicks and whistles why this Salmonella fella holds the fish so close to the camera.
😂

Not that I’ve ever done it (my avatar, cough cough)

Good luck with the Mrs and good luck with the fishing!
It comes down to intent. If she searched for dirt on Sal, then bad. If she wanted to know if Leupold’s tracked, then fine.

Maybe she's just got a few fishing trips planned, wants to take good photos, and wants to see how to properly position the fish for the camera?
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Maybe so and who can blame him?….on the other hand he has been able to make the most of it. He’s done a hell of a lot of fishing and hunting while stuck behind enemy lines and he has the trophy room to prove it. 😉

substitute crying for complaining. he is probably a great guy, but to emotional with a chip on his shoulder. he takes offence to easily.

...bob

I could care less if my wife read anything I have posted. sal has let a lot hang out there.....bob
My wife views some posts and always scolds me for engaging with the nut jobs.
Originally Posted by Eric308

What else does he scold you about?
Originally Posted by JacquesShellac

What else does he scold you about?

I'll go with "pissing while standing up" for $1,000, Alex.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Maybe so and who can blame him?….

Well, probably his wife, lol.
We each have our own computers . I have nothing to hide .
Originally Posted by persiandog
i am more worried about fbi,dhs

There is little doubt they are keeping track.
[Linked Image from media3.giphy.com]
Ahhh....I understand.
No problem

Who swiped the pic of my wife!

I sure hope she doesn't find out that I posted that pic of her... but that was from another web site...

damn it! you guys!
Gets it.

I consider myself to be the "Rita Rudner" of folks that participate on 24 hr. "I was born to be mild"

My darling bride and I have been married going on 46 years. About two years ago she informed me that in her opinion I have a rude sense of humor.

BTW, I stay out of the basement. Never been much of an observer, always wanted to be an active participant!

ya!

GWB
You get scolded, lmao.
.... my wife accepts that I have low standards ....and does not snoop.
You get scolded, lmao.

I laughed more at the thought he had a wife.
Originally Posted by geedubya
I consider myself to be the "Rita Rudner" of folks that participate on 24 hr. "I was born to be mild"

My darling bride and I have been married going on 46 years. About two years ago she informed me that in her opinion I have a rude sense of humor.

BTW, I stay out of the basement. Never been much of an observer, always wanted to be an active participant!

ya!

GWB

Bingo !
Meh
she don't give one lil fk about this fkn place
I'm like F-You.
You crossed a line.
Your thoughts?

Same. They know how men talk... And women.
I bring all my new guns through the front door. There are no secrets here, but some of the soft porn pictures I would rather not be seen.

All of that is taken with little caution, but I hope she doesn’t sit down and go through some of the topics, if she thought I had anything in common with Wabigoon and some other empty posters, I might have to start mowing the lawn again…
© 24hourcampfire