Home
The gave Nikki the boot now permit less carry..

https://thereload.com/south-carolina-lawmakers-pass-permitless-gun-carry/
grin
OMG!! it's gonna be a slaughter, the streets will run with blood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
đź‘Ť
That is good news. I have friends and relatives in SC and go over all the time. For years they would not recognize a Georgia concealed carry license but did so a while back and now this. Can't see much need in renewing my license next year. The only perk is not having to pay for a background check when buying a new firearm.
I will continue to keep my CWP up to date for the sake of reciprocity when traveling and quicker purchases.

Glad this passed. It was getting embarrassing.
Arkansas has 'no permit' but you have to go through the training/testing program. And you have to be travelling away from home ?
I called the local sheriff office and they filled me in on all the govt hoops i have to jump thru. I told him the rules new are BS he said he was sorry I felt that way.

SC folks check the fine print- the guvmenters always have stipulations
My understanding is that Arkansas has open carry, no permit, no training requirements, if you are not a felon. If you want to carry concealed, you still need the permit, with background checks and the class. Lots of local law took a while to get the message, the City of Bald Knob was the slowest that I recall. Funny thing is the law was written to let you put a handgun in the open, on you car seat, but they made errors in the wording, according to the AG at the time. miles
[quote]And you have to be travelling away from home ?/quote]
I think that was part of the old law, where you had to be traveling or hog hunting. that law also considered a gun concealed if in a holster, even though it was in plain sight. Way back I paid a $50 fine to learn that. miles
They fix the roads yet?
Not sure where this happened, saw it on a video. Cop pulls a guy over for some minor traffic infraction- guy is out of his truck- he leans over getting his paperwork for the cop. Cop sees his IWB -inside waste band- concealed carry pistol- freaks out draws his weapon- starts his arrest procedure. Guy says I have a concealed carry permit- cop says 'but I saw your gun'. If I recall he arrested the CCP holder because,,, he saw his pistol?
Originally Posted by Raferman
They fix the roads yet?

Where in N.C. do you live? The roads in S.C. are a whole lot better than we have around here. You must live down east. As the once pos governor Hunt said, “I’m going to work for better roads and better schools for “our” part of the state”, meaning “down east”.
Great news for SC but you still have to have a CWP to carry concealed in SC.
Originally Posted by RJY66
That is good news. I have friends and relatives in SC and go over all the time. For years they would not recognize a Georgia concealed carry license but did so a while back and now this. Can't see much need in renewing my license next year. The only perk is not having to pay for a background check when buying a new firearm.
You get charged for NICS?
Originally Posted by Ackleyman

I don’t believe so.
“South Carolina becomes the 29th state with permitless carry after Louisiana enacted a similar measure last week. The new law enables individuals 18 and older who are legally allowed to own firearms to carry them, openly or concealed, without requiring training or registration for a permit”

This is the report I saw.
It should be this way nationwide.
Originally Posted by Nestucca
It should be this way nationwide.
It may be someday should a volunteer to be arrested take the right case through the Courts under Bruen.
Originally Posted by cra1948
Originally Posted by Ackleyman

I don’t believe so.

Still have to have the permit to carry concealed.
Well who’s right?
The house and senate were back and forth on several issues. It does seem as though you still need a permit, regardless of several news reports. Bill was supposedly signed yesterday.

https://www.wyff4.com/article/south-carolina-now-gun-law-open-carry-allows/60137752
https://www.captainsjournal.com/2024/03/07/permittless-carry-now-the-law-in-south-carolina/

Detailed explanation
So….no permit needed? That’s what I got from your link. The links I posted made it seem as though the barriers to a permit were removed.

Jeebuz balls. Im’a finish my whiskey, close one eye, and read them again.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
So….no permit needed? That’s what I got from your link. The links I posted made it seem as though the barriers to a permit were removed.

Jeebuz balls. Im’a finish my whiskey, close one eye, and read them again.

I just saw the SLED document sent to all FFL’s. I was wrong. No permit required for concealed or open carry. There is no duty to notify law enforcement you have a firearm. Firearms can be anywhere inside a vehicle, concealed or not.
Thanks JB! Just saw that as well.

https://www.sled.sc.gov/forms/regulatory/Constitutional%20Carry%20Guidance.pdf
© 24hourcampfire